Old 26th February 2003, 17:56   #1
aintschie

New script "STATION SCRIPT" will be available

hi!

i'm coding a brand-new script for your stations. the script is a all-in-one solution, that means it's a complete homepage for radio stations with many, many features (playlist, admin interface, feedback & news-center, schedule...).
the "station script" will be availble on july.
the list of features and many screenshots can be viewed here:
http://www.kinoclub.org/station-script/

aintschie

[the alpha-version is in german only. later it'll be in english and perhaps in french, too]
aintschie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2003, 19:07   #2
Jay
Moderator Alumni

not to bash your script or anything, but judging by the screen shots it only shows the current state of a server. I am not sure why anyone would pay for that when there are so many other free alternatives.

Maybe if it controlled the server or multiple servers in a way or extended the features of shoutcast by using what shoutcast already has. Like shutting down or restarting the server, changing the password on the server, controlling on-demand content, changing the user-max. Or maybe if it would source the machine and allow a request interface of some type into a built in encoder. That would be something people would pay for.

Right now it just looks like a portal script.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2003, 19:39   #3
angst
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to angst
ya true,
I could program a script like that in just a few hours no prob.

KXRM is right, atleast add something that people can use and can't already get for free.

my scripts http://dev.by-code.com/products.asp

SiX - what's reality compared to me...
www.remixwars.com - free mp3's for download!
free shoutcast scripts: http://dev.irn.ca
angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2003, 20:10   #4
aintschie

Quote:
Originally posted by angst
[B]ya true,
I could program a script like that in just a few hours no prob.
really...
Quote:
KXRM is right, atleast add something that people can use and can't already get for free.
first of all: i've got a FREE script called "WebRadioPanel" that most people liked very much (2640 downloads at the moment).
but i think it's not the right way always to give things and not to get anything back.

my StationScript is a perfect script for all the users that like a complete solution. that means people who don't like to take a gbook from this guy and a script for shoutcast stats from that guy. everythings fits together, you can easily configure everything and last but not least the script has a nice design (i don't wanna lie but i don't think other scripts have one).
so why shouldn't so. pay for my work?
Old 26th February 2003, 20:23   #5
angst
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to angst
Quote:
but i think it's not the right way always to give things and not to get anything back.
maybe true, but it doesn't matter what you think, it matters whta the consumer thinks, and if they think it's worth it, and all I was saying is that it's not worth it unless you add more features,

Quote:
really...
yes really. you give yourself too much credit if you think that others can't program a scripts like that or better.

I too am a programmer and I know that most scripts no matter how much work you put into them are still worth pretty nothing.

just the facts

SiX - what's reality compared to me...
www.remixwars.com - free mp3's for download!
free shoutcast scripts: http://dev.irn.ca
angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2003, 20:38   #6
djqwest
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to djqwest
I give you credit for trying. Best of luck.

Qwest.

The Choons: (128k) - (56k)
djqwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2003, 23:11   #7
Jay
Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally posted by aintschie
really...

first of all: i've got a FREE script called "WebRadioPanel" that most people liked very much (2640 downloads at the moment).

my StationScript is a perfect script for all the users that like a complete solution. that means people who don't like to take a gbook from this guy and a script for shoutcast stats from that guy. everythings fits together, you can easily configure everything and last but not least the script has a nice design (i don't wanna lie but i don't think other scripts have one).
so why shouldn't so. pay for my work?
ever here of phpnuke. As I said if you make it different from what is already available I think you can do something with it, really. But one server? some stations have 15 servers, how does your script handle that? it's a great free script but I wouldn't put $5 in what you currently got.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2003, 00:15   #8
djqwest
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to djqwest
Damn... don't hold back your feeling...

Qwest

Quote:
Originally posted by KXRM
ever here of phpnuke. As I said if you make it different from what is already available I think you can do something with it, really. But one server? some stations have 15 servers, how does your script handle that? it's a great free script but I wouldn't put $5 in what you currently got.

The Choons: (128k) - (56k)
djqwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2003, 12:12   #9
aintschie

Quote:
Originally posted by angst but it doesn't matter what you think, it matters whta the consumer thinks,
do you really think that people who want everything for free are the right people that should get GOOD scripts by paying nothing?????!

Quote:
yes really. you give yourself too much credit if you think that others can't program a scripts like that or better.
I too am a programmer and I know that most scripts no matter how much work you put into them are still worth pretty nothing.[...]
i didn't say that others aren't able to code the script as i'm doin' (or even better). i only laugh about comments such as "i can code it in a few hours, no problem". that's just a lie 'cause nobody's able to write a script on 4pcs parallel with only two hands. i hope you understand what i mean.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions