Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > NSIS Discussion

Old 18th October 2020, 13:09   #1
vbaderks

MSBuild Task based on TrackedVCToolTask to build NSIS installer

I am investigating if somebody already created a solution to build NSIS installers using the TrackedVCToolTask MSBuild task. Currently our build system is using the Exec task, but this not always rebuilds or rebuilds too often when the dependencies of the installer script are updated. I could write such a MSBuild Task myself, but don't want to re-invent the wheel.

Note: I have seen other solutions based on new project types, but I am looking for a .target file that can be included in the .vcxproj file.

Does anybody known if such a solution has already been created and is freely available?
vbaderks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2020, 08:28   #2
T.Slappy
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to T.Slappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbaderks View Post
I am investigating if somebody already created a solution to build NSIS installers using the TrackedVCToolTask MSBuild task. Currently our build system is using the Exec task, but this not always rebuilds or rebuilds too often when the dependencies of the installer script are updated. I could write such a MSBuild Task myself, but don't want to re-invent the wheel.

Note: I have seen other solutions based on new project types, but I am looking for a .target file that can be included in the .vcxproj file.

Does anybody known if such a solution has already been created and is freely available?
The closest solution for you is to use Visual & Installer for NSIS, which uses MSBuild (you do not need to use the visual Studio IDE to edit the scripts, only the MSBuild subsystem of it).

See the details here: http://visual-installer.com/, but this solution requires small fee.

Cool looking installers with custom design: www.graphical-installer.com
Create Setup Pages easily: www.install-designer.com
Build installers in Visual Studio 2005-2019: www.visual-installer.com
or RAD Studio 2009, 2010, XE-10.4 Sydney: www.rad-installer.com
T.Slappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > NSIS Discussion

Tags
msbuild, trackedvctooltask