Old 4th January 2015, 18:41   #1
excrucio

Playlist - export/copy songs to folder

Can you PLEASE add option so that all songs from playlist can be copied to some folder?
Like "send to" option when playlist is right clicked. Just add "copy songs to" option.

So that all songs from that playlist will be copied to chosen folder from their original locations.

Thank you
excrucio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2015, 19:01   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi excrucio,

Try this plug-in (http://winampplugins.co.uk/gen_yar/index.html).

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2015, 19:14   #3
excrucio

Thanks. It works. But it will be a lot easier to it to run in background so I can use winamp while it copies and that I can access it through right clicking playlist in winamp.

I have a really large playlists and copying can take a while.

And also, i cannot move or delete folder where files are copied until I close winamp because folder is in use by it.
Old 4th January 2015, 19:40   #4
Aminifu
Forum King

If Winamp is playing tracks, it will continue to do so while the copying is taking place. I think other actions are blocked to keep the user from changing the playlist during the copy process.

There is a utility (http://www.emptyloop.com/unlocker/) you can use to unlock the target folder and/or copied files so that you can work with them (with Windows Explorer) without closing Winamp.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Old 4th January 2015, 19:44   #5
excrucio

I use unlocker. But, it is not a good solution.
And, it is silly to lock winamp while copying takes place. So what if I change playlist, ii need to have cache of playlist that it copies. Not good plugin at all.
Old 4th January 2015, 19:50   #6
DrO

it's doing it that way since that's what people tended to do well over a decade ago when the plug-in was first created (as i only did updates to get it working with newer Winamp releases and the fundamental design of the plug-in is the same as what the original author implemented).

as such, the plug-in needs to be re-written to work in a more asynchronous manner which better fits with modern ways of doing things but that's not something i have the time to do anytime soon.

and if it's locking access to folders (something i cannot replicate) then that's a bug which would need to be fixed. though as i cannot replicate that issue from a quick try, maybe there's something specific about your setup / OS install which is causing it to happen.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2015, 19:50   #7
Aminifu
Forum King

Yes, Winamp will pop-up a notice if unlocker is used, but it will continue to work after the notice is cleared.

Sorry that you don't like the playlist copier plug-in, there may be others that work more to your liking. Hopefully other users will respond.

Old 4th January 2015, 20:38   #8
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
and if it's locking access to folders (something i cannot replicate) then that's a bug which would need to be fixed. though as i cannot replicate that issue from a quick try, maybe there's something specific about your setup / OS install which is causing it to happen.
In my quick test, I copied a playlist of 794 items and Winamp did put a lock on the target folder (I couldn't delete it) but not on the files copied to it. I had to close Winamp or use unlocker on it before I could delete the target folder.

Old 8th January 2015, 18:32   #9
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
Yes, Winamp will pop-up a notice if unlocker is used, but it will continue to work after the notice is cleared.
Correction: The UI skin I'm using objected to unlocker's actions and caused the pop-up notice, not Winamp itself.

Old 8th January 2015, 20:40   #10
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
Correction: The UI skin I'm using objected to unlocker's actions and caused the pop-up notice, not Winamp itself.
D'oh! Then, IF your signature stays true.. ..maybe it's a cPro thing (strange?). You tried with Bento and it didn't locked the folder?
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2015, 15:47   #11
Aminifu
Forum King

I keep 2 or 3 empty folders as locations to put stuff in temporarily. When testing the plug-in, I used one of these folders as the target location to copy a playlist's files (794 items) to.

It was faster to delete and recreate the folder than to select the 794 files in it and delete them. So when I tried to delete the folder (with Winamp still running), I got this Windows pop-up message: "The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program". Using "unlocker", I could see that Winamp was the program holding the folder open. Even after changing to another playlist (with all different files), Winamp was still holding the folder open. So I used "unlocker" to force Winamp to release the folder and then I could delete and recreate it (as an empty folder).

After switching back to Winamp (to continue using it for something else), I got another pop-up notice. The pop-up notice I got was a Guru Meditation notice: "Winamp Script Failure. Press the left mouse button to continue." I pressed the button, the notice went away, and I could use Winamp normally.

I've tried this several times and it doesn't matter what skin I'm using (Big Bento or cPro2 XUI Unity ECNMY 2014), Winamp always locks the target folder. I don't get the Guru Meditation notice each time I use "unlocker", but when I do the notice says the script failure is in the "tooltips.maki". I do have tooltips enabled with both skins.

Something about the way "unlocker" forces Winamp to release the folder must be triggering these script errors. The other way to get Winamp to release the folder is to shut it down. Then "unlocker" is not needed, of course.

The script error notice seems to just be a warning, since Winamp and the skins function normally after it is cleared.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist

Tags
copy, export, folder, playlist