• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laz
    Major Dude
    • Jun 2001

post your photography

Well, as the title says, post your photography.
    I guess I will start it off: buddha guy.png
    be warned, the image is about 3.8mb in size, ya its a huge loselessly compressed image. And it might not work in MS Internet Explorer.
    I have better images, just not online right now, they are scanned on my grandma's computer... damn that cd-r for not working. it was a print that I had to scan.
    Go on people, post your digi or film images. I know some of you have camers, and you MUST have taken pics of something other then your face.... Show it.

and ya, I know of the post your art thread, but, hell I want a photoaraphy one on its own.
  • MetallichicA
    Forum Queen
    • Nov 2001

The only photography I have up on the web right now is at my website. I have a few more pics on my camera that I need to upload sooner or later. I'll let you all know when they're up

My favorite, btw, is the wheel from the brewery.

Comment

• laz9999
      Major Dude
      • Jun 2001

Very nice photography there ChichA.
      Hm... is that link working for anyone? Gonna have to fix that...

edit: Buddha_guy.png

Comment

• m²k
        Major Dude
        • May 2001

Will start posting here soon...my digital camera comes on the 2nd.
        powered by C₈H₁₀N₄O₂

Comment

• DragonSon
          Fears the boots
          Forum King
          • May 2003

Hmmm.......[MUST GET DIGITAL CAMERA]......
          Moderatio est figmentum

No Idols, No Heroes, No Leaders.....Just Pure Inner Strength

Comment

• m²k
            Major Dude
            • May 2001

[edit by gonzo]Deviations being edited..will return soon...check the back later in the thread[/edit]
            Last edited by mikm; 5 September 2003, 22:39.
            powered by C₈H₁₀N₄O₂

Comment

• DragonSon
              Fears the boots
              Forum King
              • May 2003

Good Photos m2k! Great balace of light and darkness...the perspective on the first photograph is great..Keep them coming!
              Moderatio est figmentum

No Idols, No Heroes, No Leaders.....Just Pure Inner Strength

Comment

• m²k
                Major Dude
                • May 2001

[edit by gonzo]Deviations being edited..will return soon...check the back later in the thread[/edit]
                powered by C₈H₁₀N₄O₂

Comment

• caitcid
                  • Aug 2003

I know nothing of photography...when I was around 7 or 8 I took this picture with one of those disposible cameras.

Attached Files

Comment

• m²k
                    Major Dude
                    • May 2001

Not too bad...would look much better if it was in a higher quality, but because of the age of the prints and because of scanning without a photo-quality scanner, quality loss is expected.

Save up some money and buy yourself a camera, preferably with a macro function for closeups. All my shots are taken with an olympus c-5050 zoom (35mm-104mm equivalent) with a focusing distance of 3cm.

Anyways, at your library, look for camera reviews in a consumer reports book. You can by a fairly good point-and-shoot for around $100. SLRs are more expensive, mainly because of the cost of lenses. I started out on my parent's old Nikon- manual focus, aperature-priority (you set the aperature, the camera sets the shutter speed). So, once you feel comfortable with your point-and-shood, buy a secondhand camera and some used books on photography. As your needs grow, you can buy more and more lenses for your purposes (telephoto, wide-angle, macro). Then, look at more advanced film SLRs, or a high-end point-and-shoot. The most important idea is to keep experimenting, don't be afraid to try new techniques.