Old 21st January 2021, 14:15   #1
DJInsaNITY74

Authhash problem

I got my server from free-shoutcast.com and use virtualdj to broadcast, and until yesterday, everything was alright. Now, I keep getting a message, saying I have to update my authhash. Also, that same site instead of the usual maintance pages now points to nginx. My stream still works and I can connect to it, but I keep getting this message. Does anybody know what's happening with this?
DJInsaNITY74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2021, 14:35   #2
LStratmann

It may be that the YP is down again.
LStratmann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2021, 17:05   #3
DJInsaNITY74

Well, I think I may have figured part of the problem. I need to use a VPN in order to get out, due to the internet filter put in place at the homeless shelter I'm staying at, which is blocking me from restarting the server when I want to broadcast. I can broadcast without a VPN, but the site to restart the server is blocked on their filter. Broadcasting is fine, as the server is running and public. However, I can't broadcast on the VPN itself, which is what I was trying to do the other day. I guess I need a new workaround, because I take requests through Skype, and unfortunately, that's blocked too, which is why I was using the VPN. I still get the same error on the VPN, but it doesn't happen when I'm not on it.
DJInsaNITY74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support