Old 25th October 2004, 20:56   #41
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
Send a message via AIM to SSJ4 Gogitta
I like White Raven, Alanis Morissette, and Jim Carrey. Therefore, no, I don't hate Canadians.

SSJ4 Gogitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2004, 00:44   #42
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
Quote:
What Omit Name said...
unitedstatesians
What the fuck?

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2004, 00:47   #43
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
Sort of like Canadadians.

Old 26th October 2004, 03:55   #44
Omit Name
mostly harmless
Major Dude

estadounidense is the proper way of addressing a, as their called, "american" or someone from the united states in spanish. unitedstatesian makes alot more sense than calling someone american for being from the us since not every american per say is from the us. im trying to start something but i dont think its happening.

Omit Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2004, 05:20   #45
Mattress
Forum King

technically Canadians are Americans. Don't call them that though, they'll get pissed. They seem obsessed with not being from the united states for some reaosn, probably because our cultures are so similar.
Mattress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2004, 07:39   #46
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Americans get pissed when they drink Canadian beer. Canadian beer tends to have a wee bit more alcohol than they are used to.
Wildrose-Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2004, 08:14   #47
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Gee, getting drunk by drinking more alcohol. Whod'a thunk it.

Old 26th October 2004, 08:26   #48
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by Mattress
technically Canadians are Americans. Don't call them that though, they'll get pissed. They seem obsessed with not being from the united states for some reaosn, probably because our cultures are so similar.
Even more-so: Canadians, US Residents, Mexicans, and all of the countries below Mexico are Americans.

Bermuda, Canada, Caribbean islands, Greenland and the United States of America are North American.

Residents of Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua and Panama are Central Americans, though still "technically" North Americans.

Residents of Argentina, Bolivia, Brazile, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands, French Guiana, Galapagos Islands, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay and Venezuela are South American.

Also, we (refering to the US) are still called "American" because "United States" refers to a group of states (ie: a body of people permanently occupying a definite territory and politically organized under a sovereign government almost entirely free from external control and possessing coercive power to maintain order within the community) as being united (ie: to put together to form a single unit). Also, "United States" means a federation of states especially when forming a nation in a usually specified territory.

Given that we call our country the "United States of America", we are known as Americans. Residents of Canada are Canadian. Residents of Mexico are Mexican. We could call ourselves New English, but that probably wouldn't float too well with the folks of England.

Old 26th October 2004, 08:56   #49
shakey_snake
Forum Domo

Quote:
We could call ourselves New English, but that probably wouldn't float too well with the folks of England.
We should call ourselves the Better English.

elevatorladyelevatorladyelevatorladyelevatorladyelevatorladylevitateme
shakey_snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2004, 09:06   #50
Lapikas
Major Dude

People in Sweden sounds stupid

The requested SIG could not be retrieved
Lapikas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2004, 14:43   #51
xzxzzx
Forum King

Look, it's not very unambiguous, but people that are from the US are termed Americans, particularly by people not from the Americas. If you want to refer to someone from North America, all you have to say is "North American". If you want to refer to all of the Americas, then all you have to say is "Panamerican". Isn't English cool?

Freedom of speech is the basic freedom of humanity. When you've lost that, you've lost everything.
1\/\/4y 34|<$p4y 1gp4y 33714y, 0d4y 0uy4y? | Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF; chown -R ${YOU} ~/base
The DMCA. It really is that bad. : Count for your life.
xzxzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2004, 19:07   #52
Wolfgang
Forum King

Panamerican makes me think of motorways.
Wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2004, 19:12   #53
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by Cognition
Hell, New Zealand makes fun of Australia all the time, and here I am living in Aus now. I wouldn't be if I really didn't like Australia.
Of course this causes even more mocking of accents and colloquialisms and each other's countries in general. No-one knows what jandals are.
Darn... I was going to post about how Aussies and Kiwis go at each other a bit. Any hoo, jaz and I were up in Seattle with the rugrat rambling around when we took a trolley back to our bus stop when a bunch of school kids and their chaparones got on. They were from New Zealand and one of the chaparones sat next to jaz, and they started chatting.

chaparone: You from Australia
jaz: Yeah
chaparone: Well, we won't hold that against ya.

Oh yeah, on his flight back here, jaz stopped at Auckland, and grabbed me a shirt: "When I grow up, my dad says I can do what I like..... except play for Australia."
ShyShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2004, 01:24   #54
Cleanup
The WWYD Jerk
(Forum King)

From a news article about "Talking to Americans":

Quote:
Mr. Mercer says the segment is popular because it is as much about the Canadian search for national identity as it is about American ignorance of Canada.
"Canadians spend a huge portion of their social life trying to define what it means to be Canadian," he said in an interview.
"Americans never spend any time trying to define what it means to be American," he said. "Canadians have an identity crisis. We look like Americans. We sound like Americans. We know everything about Americans. They know nothing about us.
"We find that funny," he added.
So there he goes again with deadpan humor, wandering through the streets of Anytown, U.S.A.
The Americans he finds are all too happy to congratulate Canada on what Mr. Mercer, tongue in cheek, tells them are its latest "achievements."
"Congratulations, Canada, on legalizing insulin!" says a woman in New York City.
"Congratulations, Canada, for getting a McDonald's!" shouts a man in a baseball cap.
"Congratulations, Canada, on 800 miles of paved road!" says a man on the streets of New York. On a crowded Manhattan street corner, Mr. Mercer asks: "do you think America should be bombing Bouchard?"
"Absolutely!" a man emphatically responds. Never mind that Bouchard is not a place but a man, the former separatist leader of Quebec, Lucien Bouchard.
At Harvard University, Mr. Mercer asked students whether Canada should resume the seal slaughter in Saskatchewan. Student after student lined up in protest of a slughter, not one seemingly aware that Saskatchewan is a landlocked province with no seals.
Some Canadians say they suffer from a national inferiority complex. As the late former prime minister, Pierre Elliott Trudeau, once said: "Living next to you is in some ways like sleeping with an elephant. No matter how friendly and even-tempered the beast, one is affected by every twitch and grunt."
I'm desperately trying to find a full copy of the special.
Cleanup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2004, 03:49   #55
CaboWaboAddict
Forum Sot
(Major Dude)

Quote:
At Harvard University, Mr. Mercer asked students whether Canada should resume the seal slaughter in Saskatchewan. Student after student lined up in protest of a slughter, not one seemingly aware that Saskatchewan is a landlocked province with no seals.
Got me evil as a Eskimo boy can be! LMAO

Idiot's Advocate
My site (under construction)
CaboWaboAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2004, 17:00   #56
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

Canadian women are either really hot or really ugly and not as upity and held back as stingy American bitches.

I'm Back?
whiteflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2004, 17:35   #57
RSimpson

Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeet
Meh, i think it's just like that everywhere. An Englishman like myself has a grudge against the Welsh and Scottish, and vice-versa. But then it's been like that since Medieval times. Weeeird.

Just something you gotta live with.
bloody english...

RSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2004, 18:37   #58
Obedo
Banned

Location: State Hospital;They have me in this straightjacket & I have one hell of an itch...could you?..
Quote:
Originally posted by shakey_snake
We should call ourselves the Better English.
Actually I belive that we should give New England back to Old England. & Texas should become a independent country again... join Canida & declare War on Mississippi....

Or I should get a refill on my meds... one of the other
Obedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2004, 02:52   #59
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

California should become its own nation and declare war on Panama and Florida.

I'm Back?
Old 30th October 2004, 02:56   #60
Xerxes
Capitalist Alumni

Send a message via ICQ to Xerxes
California should just expel San Francisco and then declare war on it.

Now is the time for all good Americans to come to the aid of their Country
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2004, 04:59   #61
Mattress
Forum King

Texas should split itself into four states (it has that ability, it's in the state charter) then Texas would have 6 more senators in congress to cast votes for pro-texas crap.
Mattress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2004, 05:14   #62
Myxomatosis
aka bRiAnFuRY
Fuck it dude...
let's go bowling.
(Major dud)

Send a message via AIM to Myxomatosis
Crap, Washingtoneans(sp) would still be uncivilized and trading furs.

Alex Jones: Do you want the puppet on the right or the puppet on the left? What a bunch of garbage; liberal democrat, conservative, republican. It's all there to control you! Two sides of the same coin. Two management teams bidding for control, the CEO job of Slavery, Incorporated! The truth is out there in front of you, but they lay out this buffet of lies. I'm sick of it, and I'm not going to take a bite out of it, do you got me?
Myxomatosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2004, 07:39   #63
PulseDriver
w3 addict
(Major Dude)

Aren't Canadians also Americans? Ah well Canidians live in America at least, but hey! What do I know.

09 F9 11 01 9D 74 E8 5B D8 41 56 C3 63 56 81 C0
PulseDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2004, 16:55   #64
Starfire
Dominus Deus Best Friend and Play Toy
(Senior Member)

Send a message via AIM to Starfire Send a message via Yahoo to Starfire
uh.....not ALL do.

I am an American,and even though there are arrogant Quote-American's saying they dont like canadian's is just what I mentioned,ARROGANT!!

I have lots of freinds from canada,and they are so not hated.Hate is such a harsh word.I am not ratious of any other nationality.

I prefer to be a lover,not a fighter.

If your world doesn't allow you to dream,move to one where you can.
Starfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2004, 17:07   #65
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

The only thing that'll save us all is if America were to pratice self-nucleation.

poof
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2004, 17:26   #66
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
But we'd also kill the Mexicans...

How can anyone live without tacos?!

Someone find the irony in that...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2004, 18:05   #67
Psythik
Got his CT back
and didn't pay $10
(Forum King)

I perfer Canadian bacon over regular, hockey is my favourite sport, and I sometimes find myself posing a huge attraction to the Canadian ladies. So I guess you could say I don't have a thing against my friends up north.

This is a sig of some nature.
Psythik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2004, 18:08   #68
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightViper88
But we'd also kill the Mexicans...

How can anyone live without tacos?!

Someone find the irony in that...
Oddly enough, I can't think of anything else Mexico has given us......except tequila, lowriders and big asses.

There is Texas but they can have it back now.
Old 30th October 2004, 18:16   #69
Wolfgang
Forum King

With Bush in it.
Old 30th October 2004, 18:51   #70
MagnumOne
Banned

Well....All In All..... I Still Say, I Have A Great Outlook On Such Issues!!

I have in my tapped in to my C Drive..A meter which can accumulate the higher fields of electronic cyber waves, which in turn subjects said waves to the importance of the question and automatically renders impulse reading to acknowledge said importance.....

As you can see the average or above average Canadian doesn't have any issues with whether or not Americans or anyone else..*Hates Or Likes Us*...(At least in my neck of the woods.. Like it might be important?? LOL!

Please note the consistency of the needle on my..

*Do. I. Give. A. Shit. Meter.*

The needle appears to be quite stationary and hasn't moved at all..Hmmmm??

Well there you have it *Sports Fans*.. The gauge doesn't lie.. Lmao!!!

MagnumOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2004, 18:55   #71
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

I hate Canadians. Did you know they all live in igloos in the winter and get around on snow shoes?

Last edited by Wildrose-Wally; 30th October 2004 at 21:47.
Wildrose-Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2004, 18:59   #72
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Yea...who cares.
I call a ham a canadian bacon just to pay homage to the canucks.
Old 30th October 2004, 19:03   #73
MagnumOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by wildrose-wally
I hate Canasdians. Did you know they all live in igloos in the winter and get around on snow shoes?
I've heard that somewhere.. LOL!!

And when I worked for Syncrude in McMurray, I believed it also..
Old 30th October 2004, 19:09   #74
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

If yall love Canada so much why don't you marry it?

I'm Back?
Old 30th October 2004, 19:26   #75
Wolfgang
Forum King

Because it's gay.
Old 30th October 2004, 19:33   #76
MagnumOne
Banned

Priceless!! LOL!!

Old 30th October 2004, 20:01   #77
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Back to the attack on Texas:

From the classic thread entitled Funny Signs:

If you've driven around town all day and can't find George W's ranch, detonate anyway. Texas IS big but you, my friend, have YIELD.
Old 31st October 2004, 02:54   #78
yenerich
Banned

Whats the problem with Texas?
yenerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2004, 02:56   #79
yenerich
Banned

I do believe that Texas (Tejas on that time) was a part of Spain once.
Bullfights, Mariachi and everything was on there at that time.
yenerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2004, 06:37   #80
whiteflip
Post Master General
(Forum King)

The Spanish tried to dodge the bulls. The American's just sat on them.

I'm Back?
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions