Old 30th December 2004, 02:52   #1
missyob
Angel of Winamp

Do you drink????????

Do you drink alcohol? What kind of effects does it have on you? Are you a happy drunk or one of those that starts fights in the bars?

~ Missy
missyob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2004, 02:55   #2
Joel
Debian user
(Forum King)

I don't drink, but seems that in some groups, is like a passport for the to fun and wildness...

* PC: Intel Core 2 DUO E6550 @ 2.33 GHz with 2 GB RAM: Archlinux-i686 with MATE.
* Laptop: Intel Core 2 DUO T6600 @ 2.20 GHz with 4 GB RAM: Archlinux-x86-64 with MATE.
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2004, 02:55   #3
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
I don't know...

You tell me...Get one on that 90-proof whiskey shit like Jack Daniels or Maker's Mark, because I sure as hell won't know by the first shot...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2004, 02:59   #4
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Well

Last edited by Widdykats; 18th March 2010 at 20:31.
Widdykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2004, 02:59   #5
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to k_rock923
I don't drink.

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
k_rock923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2004, 03:02   #6
Joel
Debian user
(Forum King)

Widdykats owns

* PC: Intel Core 2 DUO E6550 @ 2.33 GHz with 2 GB RAM: Archlinux-i686 with MATE.
* Laptop: Intel Core 2 DUO T6600 @ 2.20 GHz with 4 GB RAM: Archlinux-x86-64 with MATE.
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2004, 03:03   #7
missyob
Angel of Winamp

I hope that none of our teenage members drink.

I drink once or twice a year. I get so darn silly and crazy (if it is possible for me to get more crazy) when I drink. I hate the hangovers the next day.

~ Missy
missyob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2004, 03:04   #8
Raz
Forum King

I drink too much whisky. It makes me happier and warm inside.

Occasionally i'll drink beer in quite large quantities, that just turns me into a jabbering moron.

I am 17 by the way missy.

Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2004, 03:15   #9
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally posted by missyob
*checks birth certificate*

Damn...I still have 5 more years til that legal age of 21...

Seriously...I can say I have drunk alcohol, and still sometimes do it, but it's a relativly rare occasion you'll see me sipping down a 40oz...

I can only recall 3 times within the last 6 months...I had 1 and a half bottles of Corona when I was with my dad and two cousins in Bowling Green (Don't give a Corona to my older cousin Brad unless you want tomatoes thrown at you from across the hotel room ), and my step-mom has let me have a bottle of that low-carb crap she drinks and a bottle of Bud Lite...

I have a greater chance of killing myself through over-hyperactivity by drinking caffinated sodas...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 30th December 2004, 03:15   #10
deeder7001
Jesus Freak
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to deeder7001 Send a message via Yahoo to deeder7001
i don't drink. i most likely will never drink. i just don't see the attraction.

There is no sig.
deeder7001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2004, 04:08   #11
White Raven
Little Winged One

Quote:
Originally posted by Raz
I drink too much whisky. It makes me happier and warm inside.

Occasionally i'll drink beer in quite large quantities, that just turns me into a jabbering moron.

I am 17 by the way missy.
Pisshead.

I got drunk once or twice, eeehhhh, drinking's not really my bag.

just as feathery as ever | portfolio | a poignant quote
White Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2004, 04:15   #12
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by deeder7001
i just don't see the attraction.
There is no attraction...

My dad drinks because he's usually stressed out like hell after a day at work...I do it just because of that "for the hell of it" reason...

Pointless, yes, but so is masturbation...

Old 30th December 2004, 04:19   #13
Mattress
Forum King

I used to drink quite a bit when I went to Purdue. I generally enjoy myself when I drink. It really helps me to open up and be less shy. Porbably not the best reason to drink, but it works. I've used alcohol before I had to do speeches for my speech class, that worked really well in taking the edge off.

I don't drink too much anymore, rarely to the point of inebriation, though for new years I may make an exception.

I enjoy most liquors except for whiskey which I hate. I like a really smooth vodka, or a flavored one with some sprite. I like a few beers, though most of them taste like shite.

One thing I always wondered about was this manly vs girly drinks. Girly drinks are good tasting drinks, like margaritas and maitais and wine coolers etc.. and manly drinks are absolutely horrible tasting, like straight whiskey, or nasty beer, or disgusting shots like a prairie fire or gorilla fart. If this carried over to food, men would have to eat stuff like old tires and shit sandwiches. What that hell is wrong with having a drink that tastes good?
Mattress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2004, 04:19   #14
cyu
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to cyu Send a message via Yahoo to cyu
Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightViper88

Pointless, yes, but so is masturbation...
nu huh..
Benefits:
Relieve menstrual cramps
Help for insomnia (i.e. when a person is having trouble falling asleep)
Stimulate the immune system to help build up resistance to common infections.
Release mood elevating hormones
Reduce embarrassing spontaneous erections for teen males
Reduce the number of unwanted wet dreams for young men
cyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2004, 04:26   #15
beanboy89
(Major Dude)
isn't very custom

Quote:
Originally posted by k_rock923
I don't drink.
beanboy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2004, 05:24   #16
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

Not much of a drinker these days, don't have much of a tolerance for it anymore. This past year, I believe I drank maybe 4 times at the most to the point where I was a "happy drunk". Then I get raving horny
ShyShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2004, 05:45   #17
S-uper_T-oast
Forum King

Yes please.
I can drink alot too, for good or bad. I usually don't drink beer though, I drink vodka mostly. Anything with a large proof. I'm a pretty mild drunk and usually just flirt alot more, if that is possible. Luckily, I usually don't get hangovers either.
S-uper_T-oast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2004, 08:09   #18
bemymonkey

drink?... every now and then... say once every two weeks. only with friends though, there's no point otherwise.

Drinking with other people is great fun... very entertaining, especially when your friends are complete dumbasses like mine... (and me!)...

and I'm 17... but I'm German and here 16 is the legal age for lighter stuff like beer and 18 for hard liquor heheh ...

i especially like inventing drinking games - when i'm already drunk... ones like "Everyone pick a card - Lowest number has to drink!!!" lol.

Weeeeeeeeeeee
bemymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2004, 08:10   #19
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
I smile like its my job.
billyvnilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2004, 08:18   #20
DragonSon
Fears the boots
Forum King

I used to be an alcoholic when I was in High School. Taking six or seven shots of Jack Daniels every day before school, and six or seven more right after school. But after I did something stupid, my friends told me that I had a problem. So I did my damndest to stop, and eventually I did.

Now I don't drink that much, if at all. I can count the few times I've drank one or two alcoholic beverages this year on my one hand.
DragonSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2004, 08:56   #21
NJK
The Frisian

we live in a one cow town , so when ever we want to go out we have to travel.
and since i don't mind to stay sober and drive , i hardly ever touch a beer or anything else.

at home i had my last dring some 2 months ago.

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
NJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2004, 09:26   #22
capitan3
Major Dude

Used to drink quite a lot in college, Now that im married and have a baby i drink rarely. I guess it's a stage in one's life.

Capitan3
capitan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2004, 09:52   #23
Lapikas
Major Dude

I drink about 2-3 times a month. When I started my studies 4 years ago I drank twice a week! It was that stage then.

I'm a happy drinker and I laugh a lot but I get horrible hangovers. I'm just having one now. Shouldn't have drank that last beer

The requested SIG could not be retrieved
Lapikas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2004, 09:57   #24
henry3k56
Forum King

I don't, and will limit myself someday to a low intake.

Although, alcohol can be good in some sense, health-wise, too much would lead to bad problems. I've seen it, doesn't work out.

I've seen people drunk before, from all varieties that are excited drunk, and those that are tired drunk. Not a pretty sight, but I have to deal with them during the party weeks in college.

henry3k56 | Summer is here.
My Flickr Page & Frontierra | Posting Since September 2001.
henry3k56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2004, 10:31   #25
apollos
Forum King

I drink occasionally, yesterday I was feeling kinda stressed, had a few in a couple pubs and felt at ease for the rest of the evening

I prefer to enjoy the benefits of alcohol, I don't really have anything to prove to anybody, I've drank to forget, I've had the spins and woken up in a puddle of vomit... but why? If anything drinking to forget just brings more shit to your plate

Also I think society, because is largely accepting of alcohol, underestimate the dangers of it, neglect the fact binge drinking is incredibly stupid.
apollos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2004, 10:34   #26
ertmann|CPH
Forum Viking
(Forum King)

Quote:
Missy here is my take on it....

I was drunk the first time when I was 15 (which is the legal age here),

I got 6 beers from my dad, along with a pack of condoms. until i was 17 he had a box of beer in the basement which i could take as long as i promised not to take more than 6 - and not mix it with boose

So the first two years i drank, i did so pretty responsibly not getting too drunk - my parents also tought me the reason i shouldn't drunk boose is because alcohol is harder to control if you drink boose, and i for the most part honored that agreement.

If you flat out refuse teenagers to have alcohol, they're going to get it anyway - or even worse - take drugs, which i know is the case in the UK and Canada - and probably in the US too, because it's as easy to access as alchohol (as you can't legaly buy beer in the stores)

When I got my first girlfriend around when i was 16 - we were allowed to have sex at our rooms - and both our parents made sure we allways had condoms, and gave us the grand talk about safe sex. We hated it - but apparently it did have the effect they wanted..

Instead of us having to do it in an unsafe enviroment in the backseat of a car, without condoms -cause they sure as hell wasn't going to stop us from fucking - that's for sure

It's my experience that teenagers with liberal parents - don't act out the same way as teenagers with strict parents - because it's not that exiting to act out if you're not breaking the rules from home, and we don't really have any reason to be rebeleous..

Well, just my take on things - and i'm going to raise my children in the same way...

Oh and too answer your first question im drunk about once a week (and only in the weekends offcourse), never started a fight, never been in a fight, and i generally just get either silly, very talkative, very tired or any combination of the three
ertmann|CPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2004, 11:05   #27
Mrs_Mia_Wallace
has a crush on Bilbo
(Forum Queen)

Location: Switzerland Posts: The starting points at a racetrack.
I drink occasionally whenever we go out or have a party but I have gotten over the point of really getting drunk many years ago (you are allowed to buy alcohol at 16 over here which makes teenagers learn to be responsible with it early which is a good think in my opinion and from my experiences - I have to agree with ertmann on that one). Whenever I drink a little too much which happens fast because I am short and tiny, I get even more talkative than I usually am and feel like I want to hug the whole world

Mia
Mrs_Mia_Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2004, 11:46   #28
Russ
Mostly Harmless
(Alumni)

I drink too much, especially when I'm stressed. I blame the pub on campus, because we always end up there between lectures . It doesn't help that I can concentrate better when I'm slightly drunk, so I tend to have a drink in the evening when I'm working.

For long you live and high you fly, but only if you ride the tide, and balanced on the biggest wave you race towards an early grave.
|Musicbrainz|Audioscrobbler|last.fm|
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2004, 11:53   #29
zootm
Forum King

I drink too much. But it's so much fun.

zootm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2004, 11:55   #30
Russ
Mostly Harmless
(Alumni)

True.

For long you live and high you fly, but only if you ride the tide, and balanced on the biggest wave you race towards an early grave.
Old 30th December 2004, 13:04   #31
fwgx
Rudolf the Red.
(Forum King)

I drink, but only lager.

Out of interest, what's a normal % for american beers? I heard it was really week, like 2% is considered a strong pint. Is that true?

.: fwgx.co.uk.:.My art:.

"We think science is interesting and if you disagree, you can fuck off."
fwgx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2004, 13:10   #32
pixiefied
Mother Trucker

Send a message via Yahoo to pixiefied
any dark(i mean black )porter and wild turkey shots..shaken.

"Well, got to love you and leave you, need to go get into the shower and rub my hard naked body all over with soapy bubbles, I'll be back later to carry on playing....

It'll take you some time to get over the image of me naked in the shower......mind you don't masturbate to hard thinking about it...."
- Mr.Jones
pixiefied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2004, 13:11   #33
Russ
Mostly Harmless
(Alumni)

Quote:
Originally posted by Phily Baby
Out of interest, what's a normal % for american beers? I heard it was really week, like 2% is considered a strong pint. Is that true?
Well considering Budweiser is the most popular beer in the US and it's 5% ABV, I suspect that's an urban legend.

Old 30th December 2004, 13:24   #34
Gonzotek
Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Well considering Budweiser is the most popular beer in the US and it's 5% ABV, I suspect that's an urban legend.
Bud. Yeechh

My newest favorite lager is from your side of the pond, Samuel Smith's.

I didn't start drinking until late, compared with the norm in my area. I drank FAR too much vodka in college, now I stick to beer and occasionally, weak mixed drinks. I find it's quite relaxing to have a drink or two after a long stressful day, but if I'm fired up over something, or very upset, I won't drink until I've worked the emotion off in some other way, running usually. If I'm mad or upset when I drink, the alcohol just amplifies that and that's no fun.

I was away for a while.
But I'm feeling much better now.
Gonzotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2004, 13:34   #35
mark
Forum King

Quote:
~ Missy
*raises hand* 17 here.
Quote:
Originally posted by zootm
I drink too much. But it's so much fun.
me and a few freinds like to sneak out of youth club and head down to winemart on a saturday night, returning in time to be picked up by parents. I only get completely wasted on special occassions (halloween was fun this year)
mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2004, 13:38   #36
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Quote:
Originally posted by Gonzotek
Bud. Yeechh

My newest favorite lager is from your side of the pond, Samuel Smith's.

I work about 2 minutes walk away from Sam Smiths brewery where that is made.

Do I drink?, of course I do, I work at a brewery for a kick off, however I tend not to drink too much beer these days,although I do always have a case in the house, but I prefer sticking mainly to fine red wines, champagne or neat scotch....
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2004, 13:41   #37
pixiefied
Mother Trucker

Send a message via Yahoo to pixiefied
can i be your new best friend Jones

"Well, got to love you and leave you, need to go get into the shower and rub my hard naked body all over with soapy bubbles, I'll be back later to carry on playing....

It'll take you some time to get over the image of me naked in the shower......mind you don't masturbate to hard thinking about it...."
- Mr.Jones
pixiefied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2004, 13:50   #38
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

You'll have to take a number and get in line
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2004, 15:13   #39
Vie
Forum King

Location: Thoron fields and Duranium shadows. Posts: Crap mostly
Dont drink often, not been drunk.

Member most in need of SpellCheck Lifetime Achievement Award

I'm a Twitch Streamer these days, it's weird.
Vie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2004, 15:21   #40
hgnis
Hobbit Humper
Forum King

Absolut does not appear to have any visible effect on me up to and including the 12th shot. After that I have noticed a numbness that really leaves me to ask whether the point was to just give the bartender my money in the first place.

I am so important I feel the need to let it be known like a liberal discovering the internets for the first time. Uh hur hur hur. I also wash myself with a rag on a stick.
Realitybites
<3
hgnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions