Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > The Bitchlist

Old 4th November 2002, 01:31   #1
Angel_2die4

What about old winamp users who want skins but don't want to switch to winamp 2 or 3?

Essentially you at winamp, by taking off the old skins, are making people upgrade. Well I have already tried a newer version, and didn't find it to my liking at all. But now that I have went back to a lower version I can't download skins anymore, and I am stuck with the basic ugly default skin that is winamp. Don't get me wrong I love using winamp, it is the best mp3 player out there for the pc. But if I have to stick with this boring default skin then I just might have to use the mp3 player that was installed on my computer when I installed the OS. And seriously I am in now way looking forward to that. But really winamp isn't winamp unless you can change the skins.

Thanks for letting me vent.
Angel_2die4
Angel_2die4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2002, 02:51   #2
sgtfuzzbubble011

If you find a WA2 skin that you like, but you're not able to download it from this site and use it, do this...

Right-click on the download link.
Choose "save as..." from the context menu.
Save the file as NameOfSkin.wsz into your Skins folder.
Open Winamp2 and switch to that skin.

By default, right now all the skins on the site save as NameOfSkin.wal instead of NameOfSkin.wsz... Winamp2 doesn't recognize the *.wal extension that WA3 uses. I'm sure the skins database is going to be fixed sometime.
sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2002, 03:06   #3
Ember69

Send a message via AIM to Ember69 Send a message via Yahoo to Ember69
well this kind goes with the whole winamp skin thing, i downloaded the wa3 just so i can have a skin cuz wa2 i dunno what i did or how to change it back but it tries playin the skin file on wa2 as a playlist song i have windows , the thing where u have to select what program to open the file as i did that to try and use wa2 maybe open it but i knew that was wrong when i did it, stupid me, but how can i rest the wholethis file is suppose to be opened with this program, automatically.

anyone get what im talkin about?

sorry maybe this should be moved to winamp skin technical support
Ember69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2002, 19:32   #4
Angel_2die4

Thank you Nemesis.
Angel_2die4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > The Bitchlist