Old 15th June 2005, 16:09   #1
dazbradbury

Queue function in playlist...

Ok, not sure if this is classed as a bug, but will explain the problem:

When I go to queue a track in my playlist, i use Q to do it, but, if i have this same track more than once in a playlist it won't queue the track i've selected, but the one further up the playlist, so when the queue is finished, it will carry on playing somewhere up the playlist rather than where i want it to carry on from...

hope I've explained that properly. Basically i use it like that as i have all my music in one playlist, but the things i listen to frequently at the bottom, and i like to queue the things at the bottom, but it queues the ones way up the playlist...

Hope this can be fixed.

Cheers, Daz.
dazbradbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2005, 17:49   #2
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Known/Reproduced (and also found a couple of other related issues)

Workaround: For now, use Alt+click instead of Q
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2005, 00:57   #3
dazbradbury

Ok, sorry, did try searching, but didn't spot anything...

Thanks for the quick reply though. Daz.
Old 16th June 2005, 01:50   #4
DrO

it's been like that for the year or so since the mode went into the plugin, since for speed i cache the playlist but the code in there doesn't handle duplicate items too well, since when using the 'q' mode it will stop the internal scan on the first entry it finds (got to love legacy code support which leads to this issue). there is a 5.x method to work around this which i need to find the time to update the core to be able to make use of i guess...

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2005, 10:53   #5
dazbradbury

Hi,

Is the caching also the reason why the memory usage jumps up about 30mb when i have the playlist open, but when collapsed, it drops back down?

And can't the q function be implemented the same way alt-click is implemented? Or is that just not how these things work...?

Thanks for the response, and it's only a minor annoyance, so thanks for considering it.

Cheers, Daz.
Old 16th June 2005, 13:35   #6
DrO

the caching won't cause a 30Mb usage increase, etc like that since it's present whatever the state of the playlist seeing as it's essentially allocating 268 bytes per entry, so for me it adds a bit over 1Mb more (based on 5000 entries) which is less than winamp uses to store the entries itself

the alt+click method works correctly since there's an internal api to get the index of an entry from a given point. when pressing 'q' there's two methods of getting the index of the entry but both don't work on the position of the mouse and so that api can't be used (one method is only 5.x compatible and that can return the exact entry but i've not updated the code yet in the new dev builds to use that instead of the older version i worked out).

the q'ing of the first entry is annoying (but it's been like that for over a year now so i really should make the internal changes to fix it all)

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports