Old 12th September 2013, 02:00   #1
fc*uk

Ted and I are on the same path

Ted and I are on the same path but I'm about a year behind...

Feel like you have read that before?

I'm about a month and a half out. Well, not me but my, you know...

Any words of advice?
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2013, 04:12   #2
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

Run?

"My heart hates uggos." –J.D.
iomegajaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2013, 12:23   #3
webthing
Forum King

Out of the womb give em a broom.

Expose them to music. Because music is magic.

Teach your baby to read. ----> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...lly-works.html
webthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2013, 01:31   #4
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to k_rock923
No words of wisdom as I am happily unmarried, but I wish you the best of luck, fc.

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
k_rock923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2013, 21:39   #5
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

Congratulations! Welcome to the club

During the pregnancy: The hormones will cause her to to become... emotionally unstable. She'll blame you for everything. Just let her and don't take it too seriously. That was hard for me to do. But she won't listen anyway and the fight isn't worth it.

After birth: Love and hug your girl and your miniature you as much as you can.

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Warrior of the Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2013, 00:13   #6
fc*uk

Thanks for the well wishes all.

The child will be definitely introduced to music... and from that article, I just might try that reading thing

And, agreed wotl. The absurdity of the hormones, but not worth the fight for sure. The miniature is a girl by the way
Old 15th September 2013, 08:11   #7
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

no matter, I hope you'll find enough of you in her when it comes to personality etc

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Old 16th September 2013, 13:14   #8
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc*uk View Post
Any words of advice?
Quote:
Originally Posted by iomegajaz View Post
Run?
It's not too late. It's never too late.

Don't listen to me. I haven't taken my pills.

Old 16th September 2013, 14:10   #9
ujay
Forum King

Congratulations, a great path to take with surprises around every corner.

If your partner takes to eating coal or pickled cabbage, just leave her to it, she knows what she's doing.
This is not something you should tolerate in your offspring, however.

"Speak severely to your child
And beat him when he sneezes,
For he can thoroughly enjoy
The pepper, if he pleases"

Advice ... make sure they get talked to as much as possible. Don't dump them in front of the telly on their own, TV can't answer their questions.

UJ
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2013, 00:22   #10
rockouthippie
Banned

We got a new baby in my clan this week. Her name is Lain. She was 9 lbs and change. My grand niece. I get to hold a baby without any work or lack of sleep. That's what I'm talkin' bout. Sometimes getting old ain't so bad.

Congrats on the little one. Put a stem on the next one
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2013, 04:49   #11
fc*uk

Great advice ujay!

Will keep that in mind for sure!
Old 19th September 2013, 12:58   #12
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

Aww... congrats! Brightest blessings to you all
ShyShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2013, 03:46   #13
fc*uk

Thanks, Shyshy

At 35 it seems a little late, but given our careers ... There is no time like
The present?

And roh, your comment about the stem
Makes me giggle everytime I read it
Old 20th September 2013, 23:00   #14
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
wtf? I spent a good amount of time putting together a big post, and it showed that I posted last night, but disappeared now...

Congratulations though. Perhaps I'll try to remember it all and retype soon.

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2013, 23:12   #15
hgnis
Hobbit Humper
Forum King

Get as much sleep as you can now.

I am so important I feel the need to let it be known like a liberal discovering the internets for the first time. Uh hur hur hur. I also wash myself with a rag on a stick.
Realitybites
<3
hgnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2013, 01:19   #16
fc*uk

Thanks all!

Personally, this has gotten me quite nervous.

Without getting into things too much ... I never really been around children. And in terms of a role model ... My father ... Not a good example.

I just keep on thinking don't do what my dad did ill be fine ... Quite honestly though, I really don't want to get into that....
Old 25th September 2013, 08:49   #17
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc*uk View Post
I just keep on thinking don't do what my dad did ill be fine
You'll be fine cause you'll be doing what your dad didn't do
Old 6th October 2013, 01:02   #18
fc*uk

Thanks ShyShy

Good way to put that too
Old 6th October 2013, 01:38   #19
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to k_rock923
fc, if your persona is coming across accurately on the forums, your child has an excellent role model.

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
k_rock923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2013, 02:19   #20
fc*uk

thanks k_rock
Old 6th November 2013, 00:47   #21
fc*uk

Our child entered the world on 1 Nov. 2013

Sorry, no names or pics. We do not want her online. That is a choice for her to make when she is old enough to make it.
Old 6th November 2013, 11:35   #22
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

Congratulations!
Old 6th November 2013, 14:57   #23
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

Congrats! I hope everything went well

Old 6th November 2013, 17:29   #24
rockouthippie
Banned

Now to teach her to work really hard so she can pay Grandpa ROH's social security and pay off the $250,000 grandpa, Obama and great grandpa charged in her name. Welcome to the world sweetie, you're a quarter million in debt.
Old 8th November 2013, 07:12   #25
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

always so optimistic. We love you that way, RoH

Old 8th November 2013, 17:17   #26
rockouthippie
Banned

In a way, that is optimism.
Old 8th November 2013, 20:25   #27
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by iomegajaz View Post
It's not too late. It's never too late.

Don't listen to me. I haven't taken my pills.
*Stare*
And Congrats, fc*ck!!!
Widdykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 22:09   #28
fc*uk

Thanks widdy, wotl, shyshy, and roh.
Old 10th November 2013, 23:11   #29
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

*cough*

Old 14th November 2013, 00:10   #30
fc*uk

*cry*

So a week and a half old and mom was required to take her first trip away without baby.

You know, I think this whole stereotype of "mom can't leave home because dad can't care for my child" really just screws dad about twelve ways from Sunday.

Mom carries baby. Mom feeds baby. Up until the point that stops, baby just does not give two hoots about dad. Sure, he's someone to snuggle with, change a diaper, make baby do akward but funny things, a shoulder to cry on … but let's face it: dad's not keeping baby alive.

So instantly a bond is formed between baby and mom. If mom walks out of the picture, baby gives birth the a holy fucking cow that is never ending.

Dropped mom off at the airport. Within 5 minutes baby starts crying and just won't stop. Dad can calm baby when mom is around. Luckily, dad is smart, gets home and grabs a worn shirt of mom's. That works until baby realizes it's not really mom.

Baby keeps dad up for the next 28 of 36 hours without mom. Sleep came when baby passed out from crying all night.

Baby fed? Check.

Clean diaper? Check.

Loved: Check.

Why baby you no stop crying!?!?!?!?!
Old 14th November 2013, 02:16   #31
webthing
Forum King

Congratulations!

Even the experienced mothers finds very difficult to give the smoothening care to the newborns. Globally it is understood and believed that music gives wonderful effects in managing the child's routines. Naturally, when the child finds unable to sleep, rather we can put in as, do not know, how to sleep on certain occasions. On account of this, the child will start crying, it is the way of communication for the child, and nothing in the globe will be feasible to enable the child, and help to stop crying, and make him to sleep. But to everybody's surprise, the music presented in this album ensures easy sleep for the child.

The regular exposure to this music ensures effectives cycle of sleep and agile in the child's behavior. The natural combinations of notes gives the needed comfort to the child through the auditory system. It has been proved clinically that, minimum 18 + hours of sleep in a new bron helps to attain better cognitive levels at later stage of development. The music selected in this album helps the child to sleep well adequately.

Music? Check.

Last edited by webthing; 14th November 2013 at 03:43.
Old 15th November 2013, 00:21   #32
rockouthippie
Banned

A couple things that might help: Put a fish tank with bubbles in the room or or put a wind up alarm clock in bed with them. Repetitive sounds and sounds like running water, air conditioners. It's by no means gonna let you get great sleep for a while, but I took it where I could get it.

http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/hea...nd-stay-asleep

This looked looked like a good article.
Old 15th November 2013, 12:40   #33
webthing
Forum King

The first time you hear your baby cry is a thrilling experience; it's a sign she's entered the world healthy with a great set of lungs! But as the weeks go by, the thrill may quickly give way to concern and frustration.

As you will inevitably learn, babies cry a lot. Sometimes, the reason is obvious: Baby is hungry, wet, or tired, and wants you to address her needs. Other times, getting the tears to stop is not such a simple process. That's why figuring out how to soothe and calm a baby when nothing else seems to do the trick is so important.

While no single method works for all babies, you'll soon develop a repertoire of techniques that's perfect for your child. In the meantime, read on for some time-tested ideas to help your little fusser feel better.

Loco for Motion
For baby, spending nine months inside Mom's belly is literally like living in a mobile home. Even when you sleep, your body is moving, so when baby enters the world, lying quietly in a bassinet may seem oddly still and unfamiliar. Shaking things up a bit may make her more comfortable.

1. Rock-a-bye baby: Place baby in your arms, stand with your feet slightly more than hip-width apart, and swivel back and forth at the hips. Your movement can be fairly vigorous as long as you're holding baby close. When you get tired, use the rocking chair.

2. Swing, swing, swing: Baby swings offer soothing, rhythmic motion that helps calm baby down. Just make sure the swing is designed for a small baby, as little ones may slump over in a large one.

3. Get some good vibrations going: The vibrating motion of a washing machine or dryer has saved the sanity of many a frustrated parent. Place baby in an infant seat, put it on top of the appliance, and hold on to it firmly so the seat stays in place.

4. Tool around the block: The smooth, consistent motion of a car or stroller ride, in addition to the snug comfort of a car seat or stroller, lulls many fussy babies to sleep.

Papa Bear Hug

5. Dad is king: Or so say many moms, when it comes to soothing. Maybe it's because his strong arms can rock her more quickly. Maybe it's because he swaddles her more tightly. Or maybe he's just bigger and warmer. But who cares what the reason is? Get him to help and give yourself a break.

Wrap It Up
A womb is not a roomy piece of real estate. Your baby is used to being packed closely in a warm, cozy environment. Emulating it stops tears and makes her feel secure.

6. Swaddle away: Wrapping baby cozily in a thin, lightweight blanket with her arms across her chest has a wonderful calming effect. Swaddled babies often sleep longer and more soundly, too.

7. Snuggle up: Try kangaroo care. This technique is especially good for preemies. Undress baby, lie down, place her against your naked skin, and cover both of you with a warm, soft blanket.

8. Strap on a sling: It's not surprising that the warm, dark, close comfort of a baby sling is a surefire soother. An added bonus: You can breastfeed anywhere undercover.

Bring On the Noise
A pregnant belly is not the serene sanctuary you might imagine. The inside scoop: Your baby can hear the pounding of your heart, the rush of your blood, and the gurgling of your stomach. For some newborns, silence isn't golden.

9. Turn on a fan: The soft whirring is music to a fussy baby's ears.

10. Vacuum up: Some kids are calmed by the jarring combination of noise and vibration.

11. Hush with a "Shush!": Your "shushing" sound mimics what baby heard in the womb. Say it directly into her ear, over and over again.

12. Try white noise: Any machine with a consistent rushing sound has a soothing effect; recordings of waves on the beach, rainfall, or the sound of a waterfall will work as well.

Getting Rid of Gas
13-15. Letting it go: Some people think infants smile when they have gas; others know better. If you suspect your baby is crying from gas pain:

lay him down across your knees and gently rub his back
bicycle his legs while he lies on his back
talk to your doctor about using infant gas drops

Could It Be Colic?
One-fifth of babies develop colic, which means they cry inconsolably for three hours or more a day for three weeks or more; it peaks at six weeks and usually resolves itself by three months.

16. Watch your diet: If you're nursing and regular soothing tips don't help, try eliminating:

dairy
caffeine
onions
other potentially irritating foods from your diet

17. Try the colic hold: Lay baby facedown on your forearm, cradle her close to your body, and rock her back and forth.

Pacifier Cures?
Many moms wonder, "What's the deal with pacifiers? Should I use one, or will my baby develop a bad habit?"

18. Offer a binky: According to the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), there's nothing wrong with giving a newborn a pacifier. Some children have strong sucking needs and are quickly soothed by a binky. Most babies give up the paci on their own around the seventh month. If yours doesn't, don't worry. The AAP says it's unlikely to harm his development.

Nothing Is Working! Now What?
All is not lost! There are still a number of tricks you can try to jolly your little one out of his cranky mood.

19. Go outside: A change of scenery can be distracting enough to calm your newborn's cries.

20. Give baby a massage: Some babies find stroking soothing.

21. Dim the lights and shut off the TV: Too much stimulation can jangle a newborn's nerves.

22. Check the temperature in your house: Baby could be too hot or too cold.

23. Check baby's clothes: Hot, tight, or confining clothes can cause tears to flow.

http://www.parents.com/baby/care/new...fussy-newborn/

24. Call Obama

Old 15th November 2013, 23:34   #34
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Offer a binky
Don't if you can help it. I would use one of these to help teething pain and for no other reason. If you let that be a comfort thing, you'll play hell getting them to quit the binky. We're all gonna get enough compulsive behavior without adding any. Even for teething, I'd tried to find something like Zweiback teething biscuits (which apparently they quit making in the last 30 years), Maybe some kind of a firm rice cake?

I guess I found Caruso soothing:

I thought the daddy Obama was a cute clip above.

Another thing you dads are gonna figure out. You'll worry even more because they're not crying.

Last edited by rockouthippie; 16th November 2013 at 00:44.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions