Old 4th April 2002, 01:42   #1
apollos
Forum King

Corruption in 999 services

A little while ago this subject came to my attention.
I was listening in to a conversation on British radio where people talked about people obusing their positions in the ambulance and police departments. Anyway over the next few months I thought that I'd keep an eye out to see if what I heard was true. Over the next few months I watched these people when this one week came that finally stopped my observation. During this one week I noticed alot more ambulances and police vehicles that were stopped in busy places for no apparent reason. One ambulance vehicle was in the same spot in the morning as I was on my way to school.

I noticed that there was a man and a woman there that would just stay there and chat and have a sandwich. Elsewhere I'd notice police and ambulance vehicles go fast through the roads which made me presume that they were going to a real emergency but wait - how come no siren? I saw this same scene every morning till this one day made my suspicions concrete. I was on my was home as I saw this ambulance speeding by. I remembered the registration plate (as I did with all the other people). Anyway as we drove past a road near to where I saw this amulance vehicle I noticed that they were parked on a curb at some traffic lights. So curious as ever I looked at one of the men from the vehicle. He was about to climb into the amulance when i saw a paper bag in his hands! As the lights turned green i saw that he had 2 cakes in his hand!! (one for him and his pal in the vehicle i suppose) anyway, these were the same people that had their siren going only a few minutes ago!

Thats strange, the last time I checked getting 2 cakes wasn't an excuse to turn the siren on!! From this day I am very suspicious of these people and am angry towards their attitude and their abuse if their position!

On the radio I heard people talking about police and amulance and firemen (I didn't notice the firemen though) putting on their siren just to go home early or to get a cup of tea in the morning or something. This truelly discusts me so:

all you people who abuse your positions when you could be hepling people!

apollos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2002, 14:03   #2
OriGamIBlaCKtoP

Send a message via AIM to OriGamIBlaCKtoP
amen!!!

the parmds and cops are so blatent about their abuse of powers that something should b done!

2 bad many police officers (and company) get into that line of work just to have their little ego gratification...
OriGamIBlaCKtoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2002, 14:37   #3
apollos
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by OriGamIBlaCKtoP
amen!!!

the parmds and cops are so blatent about their abuse of powers that something should b done!

2 bad many police officers (and company) get into that line of work just to have their little ego gratification...
OriGamIBlaCKtoP, i agree. Most people nowadays though just don't give a shit!
Old 7th April 2002, 17:35   #4
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

Its a well known fact tha the only reason the police use their sirens is to get the traffic out the way so they can get to the coffee first
Bilbo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2002, 18:11   #5
apollos
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Bilbo Baggins
Its a well known fact tha the only reason the police use their sirens is to get the traffic out the way so they can get to the coffee first
Amen to that!
Old 16th April 2002, 12:04   #6
PepitoNanouchka

count yourselves lucky people: my parents live in Vendée France and the police (ie Gendarmerie) is openly corrupt. I mean that if you don't invite the local police to have a drink from your wine cellar then you risk getting stopped and they will then, come what may, find a fault with your car,insurance,etc... A friend of mine got fined for having a phone in his car even though he wasn't using it and had a hands free kit: That is abusing a position !!!!
PepitoNanouchka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2002, 18:08   #7
Merlin
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
(Forum King)

Cops don't always use the siren anyway. They can travel as fast as they like on an empty road without the siren; only if there's traffic do they use it. But I agree, I've seen that myself, especially cops in Ford Focus's and Ambulancemen. They approach a queue of traffic at normal speed, then just whack on the siren and lights, drive down the wrong side of the road; if there's an emergency patient in the back, why weren't they going that fast before?

as he faced the sun, he cast no shadow
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2002, 18:33   #8
Vie
Forum King

Location: Thoron fields and Duranium shadows. Posts: Crap mostly
andrew your suprized at this!

Member most in need of SpellCheck Lifetime Achievement Award

I'm a Twitch Streamer these days, it's weird.
Vie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2002, 18:53   #9
Scar Da Kookee
[Forum Pastry]

/me shocks Inatlantis with his trusty Cattle Prod.
Scar Da Kookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2002, 22:55   #10
apollos
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Scarface2k2
/me shocks Inatlantis with his trusty Cattle Prod.

Again with the bloody Cattle Prod??
I thought we left that to AVS!!?

On the subject someone raised:

My friend got stopped over too and he was really shouting at the cops, what my friend didnt realise is that him doing that was a bad move. The police started "inspecing" his car and found "problems" with his wheels and came up with excuses like they needed to be replaced and were dangerous etc etc. He ended up getting a whopping fine in the region of £1000!!
Thats abusing power for you!!
Old 17th April 2002, 06:22   #11
CircusMusic

Send a message via ICQ to CircusMusic
I have almost no respect for police/the system becuase of an experiance about a year ago...
In short I was arrested for consealed weapon, possesion of a weapon and impeding or molesting inosent bystanders (a group of kids who thought it was funny when the police arrested us and proceded to give out false police reports to get us in more shit )
It was complete BS and the cops knew it, they would drop the charges if we pleaded gulty to cuaseing a disturbance and do some community service (which we did of course..)

I've also witnessed them going +200Km/hr down a busy freeway with no sirens on (no joke, I was goin about 160 and they just zoomed by, speed limit is 100km/hr btw)
CircusMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2002, 05:34   #12
BMWboy

look, just because some are corrupt dosen't mean they all are. i cant speak for everyone, and i know there are places where the corruption is far worse, but where i live, i have wyet to notice cops/ambulances doing stuff like this. and about the guy who screamed at the cops, duh! it isnt a good idea to piss off a man who can put you in jail. I'll bet if he had not pissed off the cop he would have gotten just a ticket. besides, getting that angry just makes it look like you are worried about something being found in your car. besides, without cops, the world would decend into chaos, so I can stand a little corruption in excange for know the world is a safer place. adn no, i am not a cop, nor am i friends/ realitives with any cops
BMWboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2002, 15:25   #13
apollos
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by BMWboy
look, just because some are corrupt dosen't mean they all are. i cant speak for everyone, and i know there are places where the corruption is far worse, but where i live, i have wyet to notice cops/ambulances doing stuff like this. and about the guy who screamed at the cops, duh! it isnt a good idea to piss off a man who can put you in jail. I'll bet if he had not pissed off the cop he would have gotten just a ticket. besides, getting that angry just makes it look like you are worried about something being found in your car. besides, without cops, the world would decend into chaos, so I can stand a little corruption in excange for know the world is a safer place. adn no, i am not a cop, nor am i friends/ realitives with any cops
Hey! i didnt say that ALL cops etc are bad im just pointing out that some of them have a tendancy to abuse their possition. Well where i live anyway!!
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > The Bitchlist