Old 18th January 2014, 12:52   #1
niktheguru

Who will work on new winamp??

Just a question, now winamp has been purchased by radionomy, who is going to be working on updating winamp? Is development going to belgium (where radionomy is based), have staff from winamp stayed with aol and just the product (and code) gone to radionomy, or will it be the same llama strengthed team?

Exciting times ahead, but it'd be nice to know that the current team are going to be continuing the great work of the last 15 years!

Nikhil
niktheguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2014, 15:13   #2
DJ-Garybaldy
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by niktheguru View Post
Just a question, now winamp has been purchased by radionomy, who is going to be working on updating winamp? Is development going to belgium (where radionomy is based), have staff from winamp stayed with aol and just the product (and code) gone to radionomy, or will it be the same llama strengthed team?

Exciting times ahead, but it'd be nice to know that the current team are going to be continuing the great work of the last 15 years!
I'm expecting them to completely re do the whole program with it only being able to play streams from Radionomy etc. AOL put a lot of crap into it I'm guessing they will do the same.
DJ-Garybaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2014, 16:52   #3
niktheguru

I would hardly say aol put a lot of crap on it. From pre-aol days, the only slight "crap" was the emusic bundles in the installer, which you could easily unclick during install.
Winamp has stayed true to its lightness, and dexterity.....hence why i still use it as opposed to the mega bloated itunes for example. (Sure there are other decent players like foobar and monkeymedia (tho even that is bloated)

Nikhil
niktheguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2014, 03:47   #4
musicf8
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by niktheguru View Post
I would hardly say aol put a lot of crap on it. From pre-aol days, the only slight "crap" was the emusic bundles in the installer, which you could easily unclick during install.
Actually, if my memory serves me right, the emusic stuff came after AOL, before aol it was nag-free shareware. After AOL acquired it, it became freeware for a short time with overtime AOL adding their own links. Eventually it started to bundle emusic, and finally turned into shareware.

Regardless, one of the best aspects of winamp through the times is the ability to unclick everything you didn't want.
musicf8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion