Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28th February 2005, 14:29   #1
maristel

Very Newbie

Hi all. I am a new forum member. Just got a CD burner. I have winamp 5 and also have NERO softwear. I downloaded a couple of songs from a friends computer and saved them to my hard drive. They are in MP3 format. I wanted to copy them to a cd but I don`t know if they will then play in a regular cd in a car. I think someone told me they had to be converted to .wav before???? I was able to backup my documents, pictures and other important papers from my hard drive to a CD (I lost all my docs once and my tech suggested I get a cb burner and copy my files for safekeeping)

The question I have here is how to go about using all this stuff. I`m sorry, I`m sure it`s been posted somewhere before but if you could tell me again or redirect me to posts where all this stuff is explained, I would be greatful.

Question: How to copy songs to a cd that are in mp3 format. Do they have to be changed to wav format to play in a car CD??? My friend got his car stolen last year and all the cds we had bought over the years were stolen along with it. I might be able to borrow a few cds I had from friends and copy them, but for now I would like to try a few sites they have where you can do it at home. Thank you kindly for your input. I have read the pinned posts at the top but I`m still very lost here. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Maristel (newbie)

Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
beginner, guide, guidebook, handbook, how to, information, instructions, manual, newbie, tips, tipsntricks, tricks, tweaks