Old 6th January 2015, 15:24   #1
thinktink
Forum King

Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
Custom metadata tags.

Is it possible to add a custom metadata field to file? I would like to allow the user to be able to add a field "noxfade" to the metadata of a file but when I tested with ArbiTag it doesn't stick. I'm assuming the input plugins are filtering metadata fields it's not specifically programmed to recognize even though a number of the tagging formats allow user/custom fields (this thread seems to confirm my suspicions.) If I'm correct and the input plugins (the core input plugins) are filtering unrecognized metadata fields, is it possible instead then to store custom fields into the media library? (which I originally wanted to avoid.)
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2015, 15:45   #2
DrO

for either cases you'd need parts of Winamp to be updated to support what you're wanting to do. i've already changed some of the input plug-ins to support read/writing of unknown values just after the sale happened (which is the better option than going with the library). so other than rolling your own tag writer for all applicable formats for the time being, there's nothing natively which will allow you to read/write unknown tags.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2015, 16:55   #3
thinktink
Forum King

Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
Thanks for the info. Guess I'll just have to wait.
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development

Tags
custom, medata, tags