Old 5th May 2016, 22:52   #1
Worez

Rearrangements and visual changes

I have been using Winamp for audio since around 1998; and never for video. I do a lot of audio related work [editing, tagging, compiling etc.]. Here are is my short wishlist

"Thin" mode

This is the single most useful feature: ability to have always docked thin player that shows defined by user info from tags. But it would be even better if in place of Oscilloscope there would be the volume bar; and thus making a place for the file progress bar [or whatever it is called] near the control buttons

Just think about it: when you go from displaying Winamp as a thin bar to the "medium" view, this progress bar switches it's position from far right to far left side of Winamp. And a such you have to move all across the screen when you do the view switching; and then back again if you have to quickly to re-switch back again. What a drag!

"Medium" mode

Why can't the user decide, what tag field is displayed in that middle window? There is a list of predefined choices [File Info Components], but it is very limited. It's just illogical when you compare this with the ability to display [almost] any tagged value via Options > Preferences > Playlist > Titles > Advanced Title Formatting

Also: the user can change the form of Oscilloscope or even turn it complete off. User can also choose between seeing the current time of a file being played and the remaining time that is to be played. But why can't the user switch the time view from this "current" and "left" to both "left and current" time [sorry for my English]. I often have to switch between both pieces of this information, because depending on a kind of work that I'm doing and the file itself I need to know one or the other. So if both were to be displayed at the same time, I would not have to switch between them many times during a day. [And such a handy duality should be also be implemented in the "thin" mode as well]

"Big" mode

The issue I have with the big / full view is all of that additional windows / features I simply do not use. It just takes insane amount space without the ability to turn it off or make it transparent. [And I do no need these because I use Free Commander for managing files and Mp3tag for their tags and also do mostly off-line work]

Worez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2016, 16:24   #2
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
or just leave the Osil-scope where it is and just move the progress bar to the left side.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2016, 19:43   #3
Worez

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
or just leave the Osil-scope where it is and just move the progress bar to the left side.
Are you telling me, that I can grab the progress bar in the "thin" mode at move it around?

Could you elaborate on that, please?

I must have something blocked as it is unmovable. The only two windows that can be rearranged in my Winamp are "File Info' and the playlist- I can move the split and thus make bigger one or the other

Or where you just adding your idea; of leaving the osciloscope in further versions and making progress bar movable?
Worez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2016, 22:50   #4
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
just adding my idea. and i was just saying that it [the progress bar] could be moved; but i wasn't suggesting that it shouldn't be static, once it was moved.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2016, 16:11   #5
Worez

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
just adding my idea
[...]