Old 29th June 2016, 01:43   #1
pepanee

Winamp Skins Coding Help

Hello,

I'm aware of the xml file that Winamp uses to read the skins from, but my question is in the picture attachment. Can someone tell me the coding names that I have arrows at in the picture? (The arrows point at the dark blue & light blue lines)

It's that xml file that has these entries:

<gammagroup id="Titlebar" ...
<gammagroup id="TitlebarText" ...
<gammagroup id="TitlebarMenuText" ...
etc...

I am aware of the exact location of which batch corresponds to whichever skin, I just want to know the "id" name for the ones I have arrows pointed at.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Skins Question.png
Views:	141
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	52438  
pepanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2016, 04:17   #2
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

I'm just playing around with Bento... let me check for those lines..

From left to right according to your pointed image:
01 grid id="player.seek.bg"
02 ProgressGrid id="progressbar"
03 grid id="player.volume.fill"
04 grid id="player.volume.bg"

All of them are in player-normal-group.xml.

Hope it is what you were looking for..

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2016, 07:04   #3
pepanee

Oh man, you must've spent a lot of time on finding those, thanks a lot for looking, yet the skin that I'm using is a custom skin.. this xml file is located at:

...\Winamp\Plugins\ColorThemes\Big Bento\BigBento_ColorThemePack.xml (or any filename.xml)

I tried looking for entries that are similarly named like the ones you mentioned, yet cannot find them. I'm sure that with your research you know much more about it now, and can find those locations easier and quicker now.
Old 29th June 2016, 13:37   #4
ariszlo

It would be much easier to answer your question if you told us the name of the skin.
ariszlo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2016, 15:21   #5
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Just got some help from a former Winamp God

On the Winamp skin you're trying to find the ID, use "Ctrl. + Shift + Right Click" and you'll see an info popup with some data (including ID of course). It doesn't work everywhere but it does in the cases you mention.

I've been enlighten too, I didn't know about it either XD.

The file I mentioned is in Big Bento/xml, haven't you find it?

PS: IIRC what you're using is not a custom skin per se, is a custom set of COLOR THEMES, the skin is Bento / Big Bento.

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2016, 17:19   #6
pepanee

ariszlo:
• Sorry, it's not a skin; it's a color theme for Big Bento
• The color theme is by: Tapehead
• The color theme is called: Sound Blaster X-Fi

Victhor:
• Cool I never knew about that either, that's pretty cool! But too bad it only shows the ID of the file you were mentioning, I was hoping it would show the ID of the ones in the other xml file I was talking about.
• And yes, I found the xml file you were talking about, yet I don't think it has to do with the other xml file that I'm talking about
• And yes, it's a custom set of color themes. Big Bento still.

Tell you all what, I'll copy paste this custom set of color themes, and you can help me identify those locations:

<gammaset id="*Color Theme | Tapehead - Sound Blaster X-Fi">
<gammagroup id="Titlebar" value="-1096,-1096,-1096" gray="2" boost="0" />
<gammagroup id="TitlebarText" value="1404,1404,1404" gray="0" boost="0" />
<gammagroup id="TitlebarMenuText" value="-4096,975,2003" gray="0" boost="0" />
<gammagroup id="TitleButtonOrange" value="-2962,975,4096" gray="2" boost="0" />
<gammagroup id="TitleButtonGrey" value="-3139,0,4096" gray="2" boost="0" />
<gammagroup id="WindowBackground" value="2500,2500,2500" gray="0" boost="1" />
<gammagroup id="WindowText" value="-4096,0,2535" gray="0" boost="0" />
<gammagroup id="Column Text" value="-3104,-3104,-3104" gray="0" boost="0" />
<gammagroup id="DisplayText" value="-4096,0,4096" gray="0" boost="0" />
<gammagroup id="ScrollbarTrack" value="2121,2121,2121" gray="2" boost="1" />
<gammagroup id="PlayerDisplay" value="-3350,-3350,-3350" gray="0" boost="1" />
<gammagroup id="PlayerDisplayGradient" value="-4096,-2784,585" gray="0" boost="1" />
<gammagroup id="ComponentFrame" value="762,762,762" gray="0" boost="1" />
<gammagroup id="PlayerButton" value="2429,2429,2429" gray="2" boost="0" />
<gammagroup id="PlayerShadeSlider" value="1542,1684,2039" gray="2" boost="0" />
<gammagroup id="PlayerButtonPlaceHolder" value="-4096,0,4096" gray="0" boost="0" />
<gammagroup id="PlayerButtonGlow" value="-4096,0,4096" gray="1" boost="0" />
<gammagroup id="PlayerButtonActive" value="-4096,-1827,2039" gray="0" boost="0" />
<gammagroup id="PlayerSliderLight" value="-4096,-1614,3634" gray="2" boost="0" />
<gammagroup id="PlayerSliderBackground" value="-4096,2464,4096" gray="0" boost="1" />
<gammagroup id="WindowBackgroundGradient" value="0,0,0" gray="0" boost="1" />
<gammagroup id="CompButtonInactive" value="1904,1904,1904" gray="0" boost="1" />
<gammagroup id="CompButtonActive" value="762,762,762" gray="0" boost="1" />
<gammagroup id="CompButtonInactiveText" value="-3104,-3104,-3104" gray="0" boost="0" />
<gammagroup id="CompButtonActiveText" value="-4096,-2000,4096" gray="2" boost="0" />
<gammagroup id="SelectionBg" value="-4096,-1933,981" gray="0" boost="1" />
<gammagroup id="SelectionBg Inactive" value="-4026,-3104,1719" gray="0" boost="1" />
<gammagroup id="Selection" value="-4096,4096,4096" gray="0" boost="0" />
<gammagroup id="LightningBolt" value="-4096,-800,4096" gray="0" boost="0" />
<gammagroup id="Column" value="1137,1137,1137" gray="0" boost="1" />
<gammagroup id="ShadeButton" value="0,0,0" gray="0" boost="0" />
<gammagroup id="NotifierBackground" value="2996,3032,3067" gray="0" boost="0" />
<gammagroup id="NotifierText" value="-3813,-3529,-3174" gray="0" boost="0" />
<gammagroup id="NotifierTextShadow" value="3173,3209,3280" gray="0" boost="1" />
<gammagroup id="NotifierUpperTextShadow" value="0,0,0" gray="0" boost="1" />
<gammagroup id="NotifierUpperText" value="-3813,-3529,-3174" gray="0" boost="0" />
<gammagroup id="Frame_Borders" value="0,0,0" gray="0" boost="1" />
</gammaset>
Old 29th June 2016, 18:58   #7
Aminifu
Forum King

Based on what I see in the "<!-- Volume -->" and "<!-- Seek -->" sections in Big Bento's "player-normal-group.xml" file, I think the following gammagroups may be what you're looking for.

<gammagroup id="PlayerSliderLight" value="-4096,-1614,3634" gray="2" boost="0" />
<gammagroup id="PlayerSliderBackground" value="-4096,2464,4096" gray="0" boost="1" />

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2016, 19:09   #8
pepanee

That's pretty much it! I wanted to switch the colors around where the light blue would be on the left side and the dark blue would be on the right side. I switched those two "values" with each other and got myself what it shows in the attached picture. The dark blue didn't make it on the right side, and the light blue seems to be a slightly different color... YET that is completely OK! My whole intention was to put the bright color on the left side and the dark color on the right side. If you compare both attachments, you'd see what I'm talking about. But this completely solves the issue.

Thank you so much Amin!

And thanks to ariszlo & Victhor for helping contribute
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Color Theme Fixed.png
Views:	116
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	52439  
Old 30th June 2016, 18:43   #9
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepanee View Post
That's pretty much it! I wanted to switch the colors around where the light blue would be on the left side and the dark blue would be on the right side.

I also like to make small changes in a skin's color themes, from time to time. I've been trying for some time to understand the logic behind selecting the right variables to get a specific color, without much success. The direct approach (i.e. swapping 1 gammagroup's variables for another) seldom works.

I can usually get close after a lot of trial and error (finding the right gammagroup and then tweaking the variables). On rare occasions (before I run out of patience), I can eventually get to the specific colors I want.

I'm glad the results in this case are acceptable to you (and it only took 1 semi-educated guess!).

There is an old Color Editor tool that is supposed to make this a lot easier. It has some bugs and I have never tried it. Victhor has posted about it and provided some info on how to work around some of the bugs. If you want to try it, there is a download link in post #1 of the thread linked below. In post #59 of the same thread there is a download link to a file that provides enhancements (not bug fixes) for the tool.

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=289118

Old 30th June 2016, 18:59   #10
pepanee

Haha, yea Amin, thanks for your semi-educated guess. It was a good guess! Hah.
But yes, switching those variables around sounds like it should be direct, yet it uses some sketchy logic... or VERY advanced realistic logic, i don't know.

But when I was trying to figure out this whole thing before posting on here, I ran across this one plugin, i think, for Winamp that lets you create your own skin theme: http://www.pawelporwisz.pl/winamp/wi..._en.php#editor
(also if you scroll up a little bit, you can see the gammagroups and all... so this program is directly related to the xml file I was talking about)

Maybe you can mess around in this thing and see how it all works or whatnot. Maybe you're already aware of this program, but I decided to reply to you with it just in case, I thought it would be helpful.
Old 30th June 2016, 19:23   #11
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepanee View Post

Maybe you can mess around in this thing and see how it all works or whatnot. Maybe you're already aware of this program, but I decided to reply to you with it just in case, I thought it would be helpful.
Yeah, I've heard about it and never tried it (see the addition I made to my prior post). Victhor has urged me to use it and 1 day I'll get around to giving it a try.

Old 30th June 2016, 19:28   #12
pepanee

Haha okay, I guess you edited your post when I was writing my reply =P

...so I guess you are aware of that program!

Alrighty, well I wanna thank you for helping me out with the thing, I am completely satisfied with your answer, since I was able to switch the colors to put a bright color on the left side and a dark color on the right side. Later bro
Old 1st July 2016, 15:19   #13
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

@ pepanee, What did You change exactly in these codelines?...

I have the .txt-file-version "From Color Theme Pack 2.1 Bento" with me (on a stick), while I am sitting in the meeting-point, and I have found this one Color Theme. Also I have downloaded both screenshots, the second one looks fine.

I would name the edited version "*Color Theme | Tapehead - Sound Blaster X-Fi (pepanee edit)" or something similar.

I have found totally 7 Color Themes by Tapehead now, while I have my .txt-file open.

BTW, I never have tried to use the Color Editor in other Winamp Versions than in Winamp 5.581 (I used it before Juli 2013), but I had created 20 own Bento Color Themes (also for Big Bento). Also I don't know where to place "Good_ol'_black_n'blue_colorthemes_by_Aminifu" for Komodo X Touchscreen after creating a new .xml-file with Notepad++ (I have it as .txt-file). And of course the new .xml-file needs the exact filename. For all .wsz-, .wal- and .zip-files I have no blank spaces in the filenames...

Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2016, 16:13   #14
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabine Klare View Post

Also I don't know where to place "Good_ol'_black_n'blue_colorthemes_by_Aminifu" for Komodo X Touchscreen after creating a new .xml-file with Notepad++ (I have it as .txt-file). ...
That modified color theme was never meant for others to use. It was an attempt to change a few colors that went wrong and broke some functionality in Komodo X Touchscreen. I only posted it so that Victhor could tell me what I did wrong. I suggest you re-read post #27 in this thread (http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=388090). I have now removed that color theme attachment from that post.

So it is a good thing that you do not know how to add it to Komodo X Touchscreen's color themes. If you want to try your hand at modifying and/or adding to these color themes, for your own personal use, PM me for further information. I think you should check with Victhor before distributing any modifications of his work to other people.

Old 1st July 2016, 18:25   #15
pepanee

Hi Sabine =)

So here's the new code that I have saved in the xml file for that certain skin:
<gammagroup id="PlayerSliderLight" value="-4096,2464,4096" gray="0" boost="1" />
<gammagroup id="PlayerSliderBackground" value="-4096,-1614,3634" gray="2" boost="0" />

As you can see the difference from what it was before, I just switched everything after "value" with the other one; they're vice-versa if you compare them with the original.

And yes, I could rename the new one as the Pepanee Edit! =D
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Vice-Versa.png
Views:	116
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	52442  
Old 2nd July 2016, 13:48   #16
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

@ pepanee,

I have prepared the new .txt-file "Pepanee_Edit_for_Bento_BigBento.txt". As next I will create the .xml-file with Notepad++, and then I will copy it into:

C:\Programs (x86)\Winamp\Plugins\ColorThemes\Big Bento\
C:\Programs (x86)\Winamp\Plugins\ColorThemes\Bento\

The new color theme itself got from me the color theme name "*Color Theme | Tapehead - Sound Blaster X-Fi - Pepanee Edit".

@ Aminifu,

I will keep the downloaded .txt-file under closure. Only You and Victhor will make the decisions, and You should do that without me. I myself never would modify Komodo X Touchscreen itself anyway, not a color theme, not something else. Also I would not use the Color Editor for one of the many Winamp Modern Skins and save my edits in my Appdata Section anymore (before hitting the Export-Button), because I don't know, if the Color Editor would work also for other Winamp Versions than Winamp 5.581, after I had to read very often, that the Color Editor would not work. And then I don't want to try it anymore.

@ Victhor,

if You are interested for my own color theme in My Cloud Player in Firefox & Chrome and want to add similar colors also to the next Komodo Version, then You can do that.

These are the codes:

"Sabine Klare | Rose Forest Dream"

Highlight Color
Hue: 230
Saturation: 240
Lightness: 120
Red: 255
Green: 0
Blue: 64

Background Color
Hue: 160
Saturation: 122
Lightness: 25
Red: 13
Green: 13
Blue: 40

Text Color
Hue: 100
Saturation: 240
Lightness: 120
Red: 0
Green: 255
Blue: 128

And these are some screenshots:

http://s1225.photobucket.com/user/St...?sort=4&page=1

For pepanee, Aminifu, Victhor:

Of course You can use my color settings or similar colors also for other Winamp Modern Skins...

Old 2nd July 2016, 17:34   #17
pepanee

It's the queen. Yea, that's what I did. It looks better this way, bright color for what has already player, and dark color for what still needs to be covered with the bright color.
Old 8th July 2016, 14:38   #18
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

... and dark color for what still needs to be covered with the bright color... Here I have some more inspirations for You, pepanee...
http://s1225.photobucket.com/user/St...?sort=3&page=1
http://s1225.photobucket.com/user/St...?sort=4&page=1

And I see the new Color Themes Author reading my posting the next time, and You will be this one, who will make the next Color Themes for Bento and Big Bento, with new Dark Themes, together with my ideas and inspirations. We will see us in "Official Bento skin color themes thread". pepanee, keep up Your good work!!!...

Old 8th July 2016, 15:07   #19
ariszlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabine Klare View Post
I would not use the Color Editor for one of the many Winamp Modern Skins and save my edits in my Appdata Section anymore (before hitting the Export-Button), because I don't know, if the Color Editor would work also for other Winamp Versions than Winamp 5.581...
Why not? Even if the Color Editor does not work in recent versions of Winamp, the color themes will.
ariszlo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2016, 16:40   #20
pepanee

Oh okay thanks for the inspiration. I had the thing fixed and it looks great now. Great screen shots Sabine!
Old 12th July 2016, 13:44   #21
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Yes, ariszlo, and recently I saw again my 20 own Bento Color Themes, after I had downloaded new codes and copied them into new .xml-files with Notepad++ (the new .xml-files follow more my naming-patterns for the color theme names). Then they came into the both folder paths inside of the Winamp folders on my PC & notebook, and I saw them the first time. And about my own color themes, I really cannot make them better than they are now. They are a special project, and for starting very new projects I have no ideas right now, what I want to have exactly.

On my old Windows Install I had also the path C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Winamp\Plugins\Freeform\wacs\coloreditor\data , and of course I could re-create it manually, if I would want that, and the Winamp folders together with the skin-files themselves would be untouched.

I should check, if some new members have joined here and posted into "Official Bento skin color themes thread", after I had inspired them on deviantART.

For now, my main focus is more on edited presets, random textures, desktop wallpapers and Komodo backgrounds. And I still love also the browser themes for Firefox & Chrome, which are available on userstyles.org.

Also thank You, pepanee. Currently I have between 4000 and 5000 screenshots, mostly with Winamp and the Milkdrop Visualizer, and of course I cannot upload all of them...

Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins