Old 25th February 2017, 16:18   #1
mavericx

v5.66 Mouse scroll wheel question

Hi,

So for as long as I remember, you could change the volume of a song playing through winamp by simply left clicking on the icon on the windows taskbar (to make it the "active program"), and then simply scroll your mouse up/down to adjust the volume.

Now, not only do I have to make winamp the active program, but I have to actually hover the mouse pointer over the winamp player in order for the mouse wheel to work. If I use the mouse wheel while not hovering over the winamp player, it doesn't affect the volume.

I know it's not the end of the world or anything, but man, I really miss just being able to just adjust the volume without having to hover over the player....

Does anyone else know what I'm talking about and have any ideas on how to get it to work the way it used to?

I'm pretty sure it quit working after a specific windows 10 update...but I'm clueless as to how get it to work properly again, and google searching didn't accomplish squat.

Any help/thoughts are appreciated!
mavericx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2017, 16:23   #2
mavericx

Ha!! Answered my own question!! Thought about deleting thread, but decided to leave it up in case anyone else has the problem.

It has to do with a new(er) setting in windows 10 where the mouse wheel can be used to scroll for inactive programs in the background (such as a browser). Once disabled, everything works just like it used to!

Here's an quick article about it:
https://www.thurrott.com/windows/win...active-windows

Hope this helps someone!
mavericx is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion