Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist

View Poll Results: Does Anyone else have a use for this type request also?
YES 1 100.00%
NO 0 0%
MAYBE 0 0%
Sorta Similar 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30th July 2008, 01:20   #1
jkoveos

Visualizations in limo

Hi there,
I have a limo company with lots of large big HD monitors that are great for DVD's and videos.
Sadly, there is no subscription service that I know of that makes DVD's and sometimes the customers/clients like a particular type of music even if I have say a DVD concert that I let drivers have.

So the problem for me is these Pricy Expensive Monitors that do nothing but collect dust.

My solve for this is to "somehow" (this is where I need some of your know/how) get the monitors to display visualizations of the current music that is in the CD player.

I have a neat setup at home where I plug my MP3 play list in Winamp, and full screen the visualizations, and it's very impressive and just plain neat to look at!!

So can anyone give me some advice or how this can be done so that I can do this?? I would even be willing to put some type of advertisement on the screen for this also...

Thanks for your time in reading this and any suggestions would be great suggestions... (eg: laptop with a mic, ... whatever....)

Regards,
John
jkoveos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2008, 10:34   #2
Rocker

don't use a laptop, they break and get stolen easily.

what you want is a hidden carputer

use the screens as computer monitors(using vga, dvi or hdmi cables) and have an input from the head unit to the linein in the carputer.

install windows and winamp on the carputer and make winamp start at boot. with a playlist that uses the linein input.(ctrl+l---> then type in "linein://")

that way when you start the car its ready to go all the time, and nobody will know its there. when you want to watch the vis, you change the input on the monitors to the VGA or dvi(or whatever you used) input.

more info about carputers can be found at http://www.mp3car.com
Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2017, 05:51   #3
katiamaza

I think you must keep those things in your car that customers like.You have consult to any good music store worker for the suggestions of CD player so that your Car Service become popular.
katiamaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist