Old 11th March 2008, 04:39   #41
osmosis
Major Dude

i'd like to suggest the possibility of pulling the multi-component view all the way to the bottom. this would also cause the playlist to appear in a tab but would also allow you to have album art, widgets etc. on screen at the same time. keep up the great work!

edit: whoops, didn't notice the OTHER spot for album art (bottom pane tag viewer), but still could be good for also having a widget on the screen with the playlist tab, etc.

Request: A little SmartView Query Language love.
osmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2008, 19:09   #42
ficod

Hi!
I think cPro is really a good concept and I admire your works at skinconsortium. Still, I don't like some of the changes in cPro compared to Bento skin.
In particular I don't like the player control's position..

Since Bento is out I use winamp maximized-docked to the top of the screen with autohide. That way I always use winamp with the same width of my screen, in one of these 3 variants:
- full screen (SUI Open)
- mid-size (SUI closed)
- "bar"

I think, imho, that kind of "spatial consistency" (no more worriying about placing/resizing/moving winamp window) really improved my UI experience.
I would like to suggest to keep the player controls in the upper part of the screen; that way they'll stay in the same position either fullscreen or mid-size).

cheers,
;ficOd

PS: I am the only one in the world who hates TABS? :-P

PPS: I'm trying to explore my concept of optimal and minimal winamp SUI in my first skin, which is nemd Darksand and it's in a very early development state (check it on the modern skin forum)... it's based on a bento/bigbento mix.
ficod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2008, 21:23   #43
pjn123
Major Dude

@ficod - Might work for Bento because its just one skin with one look. ClassicPro was suppose to be customizable from the beginning. The reason why the controls are at the bottom is because We would like to see some cool shapes for the player at the bottom too (like some Classic skins have with transparent regins).

So if the button where where Bento have its buttons all the bottom areas would have to look the same shape

Think of it as a Classic skin, thats strechable + sui layout

Here is one of the skins by leechbite:

Find it here (called cPro_Fluke / cPro_Anunaki)

@osmosis - Planning to add the playlist to the bottom drawer area. Tabs is already moveable+hideable for the next version too btw...

@all - Remember to submit your ClassicPro-skin-entries before 30June! See my signature for the links

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Download ClassicPro© ==== cPro Skins ==== ClassicPro© Homepage ==== SC Forums
pjn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2008, 07:22   #44
osmosis
Major Dude

That's fantastic, Pieter. Thank you. Can't wait

Old 21st March 2008, 07:28   #45
ficod

@pjn123:

1)
Ok, I understand why the controls are on the bottom, but if things will go on that way for next cPro versions, why the volume control is kept "all alone"... it should go downstairs :-P!
IMHO "tag viewer drawer" could be moved upstairs too... OR be better integrated with the "player-display" section... BUT I see that would mean a drastical change in the whole bento/cPro architecture.

2)
I'm glad to hear of hideable/moveable/tabbar... my question is: will it be possible to hide even a single tab or just the entire tabbar?

thanks..
Old 21st March 2008, 07:39   #46
pjn123
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by pjn123
@all - Remember to submit your ClassicPro-skin-entries before 30June! See my signature for the links
That should be Sunday, 30 March 2008 at Midnight GMT!!!
Sorry

@ficod - Thats just the way things are... cant change it now .. there are already lots of cpro skins out there so it will brake every single one of them. But I like the things where they are. But cant please everyone though
Luckily you still have BigBento to use

As I said before I tried to make it as skinable as possible. If you look at the Bento skin you'll see that there isnt much static stuff you can change... so if we did it like that there wouldnt have been much room for cool gfx by skinners

Only the tab buttons are hideable.. not the whole tab section. If a button is hidden it will only show when that component is opened.

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Old 21st March 2008, 11:32   #47
ficod

Quote:

But cant please everyone though
Luckily you still have BigBento to use
Sure... it's just a matter of tastes. However Cpro is a great "plugin" which really makes it easy to skin winamp, so... chapeau!

It would be nice though, to export some of the improvements made in cpro to bento, but I don't know who follows the development of winamp official skin... 4 example, the "player display" section and the "tag viewer" are much more well designed in cpro (I'm using cPro_City_Night)

Something doesn't work right when resizing winamp window with cPro skins... if I maximize the window and then I click on the maximize/restore button nothing happens... There's something odd, the maximize should always put the window fullscreen (not resizable) and the restore should go back to ONE not-full-screen dimension but this doesn't work for me.

cheers,
;ficOd
Old 21st March 2008, 11:36   #48
osmosis
Major Dude

Sounds like the problem I was having. It does "unmaximize" but the dimensions hug the screen edges still. I think Pieter said he'd be looking into the way maximize/restore was done in Bento, since it seems to work correctly there on the systems where this bug occurs (mine, and I assume yours as well, possibly others).

Old 8th April 2008, 18:45   #49
pjn123
Major Dude

@osmosis - Can you please copy+replace the file in your cpro folder with the attached one:
code:
C:\Program Files\Winamp\Plugins\classicPro\engine\scripts\

Did some changes and also added code for it to work better with the winamp scale option.

Hope your problem is solved now
Attached Files
File Type: maki maximize.maki (4.1 KB, 635 views)

Old 8th April 2008, 19:13   #50
osmosis
Major Dude

Fantastic! It worked! Though it didn't immediately, even though I did a restart of Winamp before I tried it.. At first the problem presented as before, but then I resized the window back to how i prefer it (when unmaximized), and tried again. It started working in all of the cPro skins from that point on. Thanks for all the hard work!

Old 8th April 2008, 20:42   #51
pjn123
Major Dude

On clean install it should work fine. Okay thanks for the confirmation. New version should be ready sometime this week

Old 9th April 2008, 05:24   #52
Paparazzi

Quote:
On clean install it should work fine. Okay thanks for the confirmation. New version should be ready sometime this week
Ah! So, he was the guinea pig this time eh
Paparazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2008, 09:02   #53
pjn123
Major Dude

Here is a little preview of ClassicPro v1.02
Should be out this weekend

Old 12th April 2008, 14:24   #54
mynameisnobody

the albumart tab looks very good!
is it possible to define which information is displayed?
mynameisnobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2008, 00:36   #55
Koogle

that should be a plugin like avs(but better).. maybe you'll make it fully customizable.. and build it into azenis2

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?postid=2266270

My signature was just too damn good to be seen here..
Koogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2008, 11:59   #56
pjn123
Major Dude

@Koogle that looks very cool!
-Think we might change the reflection to something like that in the next release
- That playlist also looks very modern. Hope someone will see it and create a component for Winamp that will be like a second playlist option. Maybe the developer of AlbumList should create something like that since his plugin is almost not needed anymore since Wa5.5. He already have most of the code... must just add that view :P

@mynameisnobody
- Not atm

btw: You can download cprov1.02 @ the skinconsortium forums. Just waiting for the winamp submission to be published, then I'll post the direct link.

Old 13th April 2008, 14:43   #57
pjn123
Major Dude

ClassicPro© v1.02

Download Here: (660kb)
Mirror 1
Mirror 2

What's new in v1.02
  • Improved: Massive improvement with the component handling
  • New: Playlist Tab always visible now
  • New: Window Preset buttons (F9, F10, F11, F12... use Shift+F9, F10... to set them)
  • New: AlbumArt tab with reflection & ratings
  • New: Player tabs are now moveable+hideable (right-click them)
  • New: Multi actions for Winamp bolt (right-click)
  • New: Shademode playlist (rightclick the Songname for meny playlist)
  • New: Option for the dblclick titlebar (maximize or shade) See Options menu
  • New: Added Year id3 line to tagviewer (expect a better tagviewer soon)
  • New: ClassicPro auto update!
  • Fixed: Ratings no start 1pixel of '6th' star
  • Fixed: Extra area can now be resized much bigger
  • Fixed: Minimum Mainframe position doesnt overlap tabs
  • Fixed: A few maximize bugs.
  • Fixed: Maximized window will stay maximized when you change the window scale
  • Fixed: Overlapping timer/title
  • Fixed: Shademode seeker bg still visible on stop
  • Fixed: Shademode ML playlist menu will popup under the button
  • Fixed: Drawer close when you goto shade mode
  • Fixed: Bundled the oscilliscope colors in cPro__Bento
  • Update: Window Frame slider update (wip... will be ready for wa5.54)
  • Update: Bundled cPro__Bento now have transparent shade down seeker & new animated vis
  • Update: Tabs will now only space them self when normal mode is visible (speed increase)

Old 14th April 2008, 12:48   #58
mynameisnobody

Great work, thanks
I´ve noticed that in the tag-viewer the year-tag is on a wrong position.
Where can I edit this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cpro102.jpg (67.4 KB, 553 views)
Old 14th April 2008, 16:06   #59
osmosis
Major Dude

most likely a resizing problem. for now, stretch the window out farther and see if it resolves.

Old 14th April 2008, 17:56   #60
pjn123
Major Dude

Didnt test the new temp tag with translations. Will see if I have time to upload a temp fix for you

Old 14th April 2008, 18:36   #61
mynameisnobody

OK, thanks a lot!
for now I´ve it fixed for me
-> text id="info4" x="195"
Old 18th April 2008, 15:10   #62
QuadHeliX
Major Dude

sc site down?

i cant log onto godaddy either
QuadHeliX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2008, 10:21   #63
mynameisnobody

@pjn: would it be possible to create a widget for your playlist-search?
Old 21st April 2008, 17:39   #64
pjn123
Major Dude

Yip, planning to

Old 28th April 2008, 15:55   #65
phreakaholic

Send a message via Yahoo to phreakaholic
seems cool
phreakaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 17:51   #66
pjn123
Major Dude

Thanks

Old 17th May 2008, 04:31   #67
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Pieter, I've just added translation support for ClassicPro Skins to the German language file.

First, you did a great job, your menu translations work with simple text via wasabi.xml, and not with separate images like in Bento/Modern Skin.

Your system is much better for translators, i wish it would work the same in Bento/Modern Skin, so we would have less work and the file size of the language packs would decrease.

Also your system is flexible, we have much more space for translations like in the "fixed" images in Modern Skin/Bento.

Just need to figure out the other strings for CPro, since your documentation file isn't complete.

[edit]As soon as the translation is complete, I'll post the complete list here.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2008, 08:26   #68
DrO

koopa: you'll probably want to nudge martin about this to see if he can so the same thing or not since it sounds like a much better option if it's text only and something i'd like to try out if i can find the time to implement with the ol' modern skin as well (just to get that resolved the menu items)

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2008, 10:40   #69
pjn123
Major Dude

@koopa: Thx Tried to keep everything translatable through development... knew images wasn’t the answer because would like to use one translate for all cpro skins.
When your finished with the translate file we can work from that... Will have too much time in the jun/jul vacation so will fix anything thats not translating (if anythings found).

@DrO: The one disadvantage is that the text wont underline the shortcut letter. Thats the only reason why he didnt use something similar for bento. One solution would be for martin to add some sort of formatting to <text object....

For example:
text="&F&ile"
This will then underline the F. This means that translators will translate "&F&ile" to there own language with the && on the right letter. Would even be better if there was a param to enable advance formatting in the <text object. This will mean we can easily implement the standard practice of displaying the underline letter only when ALT is pressed and not all the time..but this is minor detail.

Personally I think Bento & ModernSkin should use more of the same strings. Cant remember all the detail but for example the one use Volume:99% and the other one use Volume: 99%.

Btw: The browser in cpro will probably be replaced by the one used in bento. Only reason why we used a modded one is because of the translate issues... Used text in the browser(for bottom drawer buttons). But martin might be changing the images to text soon. So then I guess the translators will know about the change anyway.

Old 17th May 2008, 20:24   #70
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:

@DrO: The one disadvantage is that the text wont underline the shortcut letter. Thats the only reason why he didnt use something similar for bento.
Ok, this may make sense, but for other stuff it doesn't.
Take a look at the Browser:

Bento:

CPro:

In Bento we have to draw images (this is a lot of work) and use abbreviations. In CPro, we simply add some translation lines and have enough space for the complete word.
Old 17th May 2008, 21:50   #71
pjn123
Major Dude

Don’t want to speak for martin but afaik he's busy changing it to text. So the translators will have to update sometime soon I guess.

I guess the same goes for the url GO & SEARCH buttons. I think its the Russian translation that don’t use the word go but rather a sort of PLAY icon(like firefox have ). The color scheme of that icon doesn’t even fit with the rest of the Bento theme. I think it will look best if the GO looks something the firefox one and the SEARCH button use text (or a magnify glass icon... like ff )

The advantage of using text is we can detect the width in maki and resize everything accordingly... but if you have a png file with lots of text stuff(like the browser) its impossible to detect how long the image is for DOWNLOAD for example.

Old 18th July 2008, 00:52   #72
JonnyMac

*bump*
Thread Updated

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2008, 01:19   #73
pjn123
Major Dude

Lightbulb ClassicPro v1.03 is out!

Thank JonnyMac!

ClassicPro v1.03:
See first post to download latest version!

Here is the changelog for ClassicPro v1.03:
-------------------------------------------------------------
Version 1.03 (16 Jul 2008)
- New: ColorTheme support! (also added colorthemes.png)
- New: Tag Viewer
- New: About screen
- New: Beta for the <ClassicPro/> xui object. See SC forum for more info.
- New: Plugin tab now have the name of the plugin (wa5.54)
- New: Now using the Winamp Browser (wa5.54)
- New: Bundled widget for auto searches (BrowserPro)
- New: Better songticker for shademode
- New: You can now use the mousewheel to scroll through the drawers if
the mouse is over the "Select Drawer" button. (wa5.54)
- New: buttons.png now have 3modes for the Winamp bolt button
- New: songinfo.png now have a image for the khz/kbps
- New: Vis plugin name shows in its status bar (dbl click to select plugin)
- Improved: Minor cPro__Bento gfx updates
- Improved: SUI area code optimized
- Improved: Visualization tab now looks like it loads faster
- Improved: File sizes of all png files
- Improved: Language update for wa5.54
- Fixed: Removing a widget might crash Winamp
- Fixed: Cant disable the main window anymore
- Fixed: comp_but_tabs.png buttons missing 1 pixel & some buttons are stretched
- Fixed: Media Library have a small Library button after small resize
- Fixed: Widget "browser_url" action doesnt open the browser tab
- Fixed: DrO's Autoplay support... Seekerbg will show
- Fixed: Video info is cut off on load
- Fixed: Tabs moving when you right-click and click on another tab (thx MerTcaN)

Hope you guys enjoy the new version
And remember, you need the latest Winamp (5.54)

New skin:
One of the first cPro skins with color themes will also be availible soon (think author will publish it tommorrow on the www.winamp.com server)
In the mean time get it here:

cPro - Insomnis v2 (with Colorthemes)
by Zarko Jovic

Download it here (153kb)

Credits for Insomnis v2
- All of the stuff was done by Zarko Jovic (zrco)
- Pjn123 helped with converting the skin to support Colorthemes.
- Colorthemes was done by victhor(most of them ), Quadhelix, pjn123 & zrco(the author himself)

Old 18th July 2008, 16:21   #74
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Most language strings, which I've tried for 1.02 are working in this version, well done.

I'll try to complete the translation for this and let you know, which strings are not working yet, if there are any.

Just one small thing, can you make that doubleclick the Mono/Stereo indicator opens Prefs --> Playback, like it does in Bento/Modern?

-Chris
Old 18th July 2008, 17:39   #75
pjn123
Major Dude

@Koopatrooper - Will add thx! Already used the prefs-page-open for visualization tab (dbl click on the new plugin name)

Once your language strings are implemented other people will be able to translate too ... Benski said that they might implement something so we can extend the installed language packs in skins (for example have several languagepacks in cpro with id's like en-us then those strings will also be translated if the en-us language pack is selected). But this will probably happen sometime in the near future but the translate stuff will look the same.

Old 18th July 2008, 18:16   #76
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Yeah, I heard something like this too, so it will work then like it already does for the browser.

For now, we should try to make the rest translatable via wasabi.xml. My language pack already translates most CPro stuff, I'll post the complete list of strings in this thread and let you know, which stuff still doesn't work.
Quote:
Once your language strings are implemented other people will be able to translate too
Oh, you want to use my work as reference, hehe. Well I think I'll finish it in the next 2 days.

Keep on your good work.
Old 18th July 2008, 18:47   #77
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Ok, most stuff is already working, lemme start with posting some issues:

Main Menu --> Options --> Browser --> Show Media Monitor <-- this should use the already existing string in stringtable.xml

<translation from="Track" to="Titel" /> <-- doesn't work for me, the already existing string with spaces for Bento/Modern doesn't work too

<translation from="of" to="von" /> <-- doesn't work, this is shown in the notifier and the string with the space, which is already used for Bento/Modern is ignored
Old 20th July 2008, 07:45   #78
Pawel

Send a message via ICQ to Pawel
Quote:
Originally posted by Koopatrooper
Ok, most stuff is already working, lemme start with posting some issues:
I will add some new stuff, that seems to be not translated.

From CPro_Bento: (skin buttons)
<translation from="Misc" to="Happy" />
<translation from="ON" to="Happy" />
<translation from="Auto" to="Happy" />
<translation from="PRESETS" to="Happy" />
Instead of image, there should be text (comp_but.png)

In albumart view, we have Track title, and then "by Artist"
"by" should be translated.

<!-- Browser -->
<translation from="Go" to="Happy" />
<translation from="Search" to="Happy" />

<!-- Notification area --> (as Koopa said)
<translation from="Track" to="happy" />
<translation from="of" to="happy" />

<!--- Skin browser -->
<translation from="Zipped" to="Happy" />

<!-- Visualisation menu -->
<translation from="Slower " to="Wolniej Happy" />
<translation from="Slow " to="Wolno Happy" />
<translation from="Moderate " to="Åšrednio Happy" />
<translation from="Fast " to="Szybko Happy" />
<translation from="Faster " to="Szybciej Happy" />

The last strings works, but only when we add space at the end (for example: "Slower "). It should use Bentos Wasabi xml translation, without spaces...

Also, Widgets (CproBrowser) is not translated.
(for example:
<translation from="Search Discogs for this artist" to="Search Discogs for this artist Happy" />
<translation from="Selected auto search:" to="Selected auto search:" />)

That should be all. Maybe Koopa will add something

Ps: Pieter, you did great job with ClassicPro. Keep up good work! I decided to add translation to polish language pack.
I hope some ideas from cpro will be added to Bento (like AlbumArt - looks beautiful! Martin, think about it ).
-Pawel
Pawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2008, 07:50   #79
Pawel

Send a message via ICQ to Pawel
and here is a list of all entries I translate for CPro
Attached Files
File Type: xml wasabi.xml (5.0 KB, 497 views)
Pawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2008, 10:50   #80
pjn123
Major Dude

Wow thanks! Will go though the list and add fixes for them all Can then release v1.04 sooner for a language update.

The buttons in the cPro_Bento (skin buttons) will need to change to an icon that isn't language dependent. Will only translate text . I see some of the stuff in Bento have changed (like vis menu with spaces, the notifier). Will update them to the new scripts.

Theres also no translate for list atm.. so I'll the translate before its added to the least (easy) so that should fix most of those stuff.

As for the BrowserPro widget.. think it will be best if we translate only these words (Song, Artist, Search) then generate the word from there. But dont worry about this atm...will see whats the best way.

Koopatrooper probably have something to add so will wait for his stuff then when I get the time I'll go thought the list and add stuff that you guys have missed (if any).

I Also think I'll add a special page for the translator in the cpro about page. Maybe a small bottom left icon with Translated by XXX. Can then show that just if a new language was selected. Or can add your own about 'page' like we have.. up to you guys to decide.

PS: Thanks PepeSoft

Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins