Old 20th July 2008, 20:09   #81
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

My List of issues so far:

<translation from="Track" to="Titel" /> <-- Not working, should use the existing Bento/Modern string

<translation from="of" to="z" /> <-- Not working, should use the existing Bento/Modern string

<translation from="Track" to="Titel" /> <-- The other skins are using the version with a space in it "Track " this is shown in the tag viewer and shouldn't be a CPro only string

<translation from="Show Media Monitor" to="Medienmonitor anzeigen" /> <-- should use the already existing string in stringtable.xml

Visualization menu, I'm too lazy to list this too, but it should simply follow Bento/Modern strings, which have no spaces.

Attached my wasabi.xml, with a few more comments, if you've any questions, feel free to ask.

-Chris
Koopa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2008, 20:11   #82
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Oops, forgot the attachment, using Pawel's design as reference:
Attached Files
File Type: 7z wasabi.7z (8.8 KB, 1851 views)
Old 20th July 2008, 21:22   #83
pjn123
Major Dude

Thanks, will post the Happy example sometime in the follow weeks (a little busy atm ). Hope to see the internal implementation of language packs in 3rd party skins soon :P...

@Koopatrooper: All those stuff will use the string in bento from 1.04. Those vis stuff was actually a copy from bento... martin must have corrected the typo spaces since then.

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Download ClassicPro© ==== cPro Skins ==== ClassicPro© Homepage ==== SC Forums
pjn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 22:15   #84
Koogle

Insomnis v2... not a bad skin for cpro pretty much everything above the timeline is nice.. but those prev/play/stop etc circle buttosn... they're asking to be improved.

but whats up with color theme support and gamma groups its terribly limited.. at first seeing this update I was thinking this is full color theme support for cpro might be worth trying out again.. but no.. maybe I'm wrong and you can add more gamma groups for sections like the ML/PL fonts & background colors? is this set in the skin authors .wal file or part of the cpro update? it would be nicer if cpro itself had all the gamma group setup for more areas as mentioned, but hard coded by default for all the different sections of the UI, that way it can be kept uptodate and sorted out better in one location.. without different authored skins have there own limited gamma groups.

and is a cpro v2 with a better element layout planned either that or azenis v3 I would be up for helping in either projects

oh and the cpro playlist inline search?? any updates on that.. wouldn't even think about using another skin that wasn't azenis all that much without that addon.. it makes winamp worth using.

My signature was just too damn good to be seen here..
Koogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2008, 10:02   #85
pjn123
Major Dude

All the colors in the colors.xml file can have their own gammagroups so thats up to the skinner. The rest of the gammagroups that you can use can be found in:
"C:\Program Files\Winamp\Plugins\classicPro\Gammagroups help.txt"

The search is planned. Found a workaround for something I had problems with so it will be possible to implement. It will probably have a editbox and search button above the pl. Then when you search a dropdownlist will show with the result.

Actually started with Wazenis... its Azenis2 using the cpro:sui xui. What I want to implement is a way for a skin to add its own widget within the skin file. But no work has started yet on this.

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Old 6th August 2008, 01:09   #86
neilius

I'm having a problem using ClassicPro 1.03.

Every time I press the button to advance to the next track, the tab forcibly changes to the browser tab, even when I remove the browser tab from the list of tabs.

I've tested this on the cPro_Bento skin and cPro_Ebonite and the error has occurred on both.

Is there something I can do to change this behavior?

EDIT: Just another note, I reverted to 1.02 and this behavior was NOT occurring.
neilius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2008, 06:21   #87
mynameisnobody

Could be that you have enabled the "open browser if closed" option in the BrowserPro-Widget.
You can uncheck this, if the widget is open, on the second right button, or turn of the automatic search, this is on the left button.
mynameisnobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2008, 04:31   #88
QuadHeliX
Major Dude

Cpro has got to be the most advanced Media

Player ever--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBtvlLebHCs
QuadHeliX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2008, 15:32   #89
pjn123
Major Dude

Here is a quick peak at something new for the next ClassicPro version.
It will be optional via the installer for those who don’t want it.

PS: If you want to give it a test drive then you can check your skinconsortium
forum profile (My Profile > Usergroups) and apply for the access to the beta thread.
Just send me a pm after the apply so that I can remember to accept the application

Old 19th August 2008, 18:35   #90
Kn0tte
Major Dude

pjn123:
cPro is nice, but there's two things that I dont like:

1) Why is the main player buttons at the BOTTOM of the player? They should always be at the top, under the position bar. When you drag the window to be bigger, the player buttons should still be at the top.
You know what I mean?
Main player "things" should always be at the top, like in Classic skins etc etc.

2) Songticker: Option -> Classic or Modern scroller style, just like other new skins. You know.. :P Classic as default though, but an option to use the Modern too.
Kn0tte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2008, 21:22   #91
pjn123
Major Dude

Thanks

1- This is for a reason . The idea was for it to be a resizable classic skin. The player is resizable till the skin looks almost like a classic skin. This also allows for more freedom for the skinner to play with. I like the design. We could have gone with something like you suggest or something like Bento but this would have limited the skinner at the end of the day. It would also not enable us to resize the skin to such a small width/height.

But the current design is easy to understand. Personally I like that it can be opened with just the playlist opened with minimum width and max height. Not to take anything away from Bento but monitors have more pixels in width to play with than height(especially widescreens) Now Bento when it’s in its minimum size its taking allot of my horizontal space. Now I guess we could have gone with your idea of the buttons staying ontop like a classic skin and the sui part under it. The main reason for it not being like that would be that you can make better skins with the current method and it don’t take any usability away.
But the above design cant just be changed though Theres already +-35 skin availible for download.

2- Will put it on my to do list, thx!
Also want to make some of the more important options like the song notifier show a dialog the on first run that ask if you want it to show. Many people dont know how to disable these things in Winamp.

When I have more time I would also like to create a few youtube videos showing some of the more hidden features in cPro and a tuturial for skinners(which reminds me I must update the manual sometime )

At the end of the day you cant have one skin that please everyone. And if you try to please everyone your skin quickly becomes bloated and then loads slow. This is why Bento cant detach its windows for example. But I'm going of the subject now

Old 20th August 2008, 00:08   #92
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Any chance to see a "Lyrics" tab, like in Azenis2?

The lyrics function in this skin is working fine, also the search provider seems to be really good.
Old 20th August 2008, 00:38   #93
pjn123
Major Dude

Can be done via widgets. Soon there will also be mainview widgets... so that will probably do the job.

But the current cPro lyrics will have to do in the mean time. (BrowserPro widget)

Old 12th September 2008, 01:27   #94
Ste3le

Hey, this looks really wicked.

But Im having a problem, I have the latest version of Winamp, 5.541, and v1.03 of ClassicPro. However, when I start winamp, nothing appears on my screen. I figured it out that it was due to a problem with the skin, cPro_bento.

I right clicked my system tray icon, and changed the skin from there (since I couldn't see the main Winamp window) and changed the skin from cPro_bento to Big Bento and I was able to see winamp.

So I downloaded another SUI skin, and I got the same thing. I couldn't see winamp.

So what's the problem? Is it my drivers for my video card? Do those matter in this case?

Any help?

Thanks a lot, appreciate it!
Ste3le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2008, 02:37   #95
pjn123
Major Dude

Strange...

Try this:
1) Close Winamp
2) Wait 10secs
3) Goto this folder: %appdata%/winamp
4) Delete studio.xnf

If the above dont solve your problem and you have Vista make sure you run the installer with admin rights (maybe the plugin didnt install)

Old 12th September 2008, 02:48   #96
Ste3le

Hey! Thanks a lot man! that worked!

Seriously, I'm so happy, when I first saw this I was so excited, then I couldn't use it so i was pissed, now you helped me and im excited again

thanks a lot for this, appreciate it bro.
Old 12th September 2008, 23:55   #97
Ste3le

Hey sorry for double posting, cant edit 180 mins after the post.

I'm using cPro__bento right now, but i want to make a new colour theme, with color edit. its not letting me do it in the color editor, anyone know how I can create a custom theme?

Thanks again.
Old 13th September 2008, 00:17   #98
pjn123
Major Dude

cPro_Bento dont support colorthemes yet
Check back in in the next week for a new version and a new supercool colortheme skin

Old 13th September 2008, 19:56   #99
Ste3le

Woo sweet thanks man.
Old 19th September 2008, 18:22   #100
pjn123
Major Dude

ClassicPro v1.04 released!

ClassicPro© v1.04

Download Here (461kb)

What's new in this release?
  • New: PlaylistPro, quick search your playlist! (Optional install)
  • New: Now warns you if you dont have the minimum Winamp version installed
  • New: Inner frame slider/divider now hides when its closed
  • New: Double-Click the playlist info to show current playing track
  • New: Double-Click the stereo indicator to go to the preferences
  • New: No compression used for bundled skin (speed up + smaller installer)
  • New: Open/Close side button now hides when the side cant open
  • New: Now possible to use more than one beatvis in your skin
  • New: Default frame gfx for skins (use combobox gfx)
  • New: Collapse to bottom (See Options >> Window Sizing)
  • New: Extended suiframe.png for skinners (optional, see cPro - Bento)
  • Fixed: Possible shade mode that goes invisible
  • Fixed: Shademode don’t remember previous position if you switch to new cPro skin
  • Fixed: Video preview shows under player when AOT is enabled
  • Fixed: Shade mode songticker double click doesn't switch to normal mode
  • Fixed: Shade playlist menu will not show [] if the track time isn't found
  • Fixed: Skin can't be easymoved on tab status text
  • Fixed: Bundled skin have wrong TagViewer colors
  • Fixed: Hidden mode still updates news tips (Volume: xx%)
  • Fixed: Shade mode volume overlap
  • Fixed: Shade mode resize steps not the same as the normal mode
  • Fixed: Various buttons dont have rectrgn="1" (normal & shade). Should help "cPro - Fluke"
  • Fixed: Pixel overlap for center mainframe gfx (top & bottom)
  • Fixed: Sui area dont use 2pixels of the sui area
  • Fixed: BrowserPro doesnt update if you open the browser tab.
  • Fixed: Closing a drawer/sideview component via mainmenu
  • Fixed: Possible to have more than one messagebox open in skinlist
  • Fixed: Drawer component alignments
  • Fixed: If you didn't have the media library installed the tab was still visible
  • Fixed: Open folder dont work on audio cd's
  • Fixed: Error messages in BrowserPro when file is in root directory or audio cd
  • Improved: Major Beat vis optimization. More responsive on all files
  • Improved: Tagviewer now doesn't update the info if not visible
  • Improved: More accurate beatvis & player title center
  • Improved: BrowserPro default options
  • Improved: AlbumArt cd case gfx
  • Improved: Wasabi:Frame now reopens if it was closed by system
  • Improved: Maximize/restore button is now disabled if skin is docked
  • Improved: Always on top button when skin is docked
  • Improved: Component handling load speed on start
  • Improved: Now makes sure skin is maximized on load if enabled
  • Improved: Better ColorTheme support!
  • Improved: If notifier is clicked it will now ask once if you want to disable it
  • Improved: Enabled the "Get more skins" menu option in the skin list

Copyright © 2005-2008 by SkinConsortium

Old 19th September 2008, 23:14   #101
Ste3le

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DOPE

Yes, I was yelling

thanks guys
Old 20th September 2008, 23:52   #102
J_Darnley
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to J_Darnley
Where are the colour themes for cPro Bento? I want to copy some of Bento's themes, particularly the Winamp Modern theme. Is it still "cPro_Bento dont support colorthemes yet"?

Anyway, this looks very good. I also like the MMD skin, it certainly takes me back to the days of MMD3.

Winamp ATF ReferenceMy cPro timer widgetMy port of AVS
Do NOT email me with general tech support questions.
J_Darnley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2008, 00:56   #103
pjn123
Major Dude

Yep cPro Bento dont support colorthemes yet

Didn't have time for that too. ClassicPro v1.04 & cPro - MMD stole all my time

But atleast its now possible to full theme it so colorthemes for the bundled skin is in the pipeline

Old 22nd September 2008, 07:13   #104
Lion12

Wow! The cPro PL-search is really nice.

Would it be possible to add a menu item which can add an item of the playlist to JumpToFile queue?

Is there a chance to integrate the JumpToFile dialog in another way - as a ML pane or an applet?

In this post DrO said he considered finding a posibility to integrate the JumpToFile dialog into the Bento-SUI but he is not very well versed in skinning technologies.

It some kind of annoys me to have a separate dialog of a standard component window and it would be great if there would be a real single user interface.

Thank you for your amazing work on cPro.

No, I'm not Lion King - neither related by marriage!
bookmarks: Joonas | DrO | shane.h
discussion bookmarks: DL | AL | JTFE | TRAP | Toaster | AWA | SUI | MlTree
Lion12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2008, 13:31   #105
pjn123
Major Dude

Also would like to implement this but atm theres no way to do the queue inside maki

Dont think they'll add it since JTFE is a plugin and I'm getting the fibe that they might discontinue it with a integrated search sometime in the near future (see the DropBox alpha). No one knows but the dropbox might be a playlist replace ment ... they can then integrate all the nice stuff so this playlist search might even become redundant then.

But yes, if the functions are added to maki then it's a small change in our code to implement it

Old 22nd September 2008, 14:53   #106
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by pjn123
Dont think they'll add it since JTFE is a plugin and I'm getting the fibe that they might discontinue it with a integrated search sometime in the near future (see the DropBox alpha). No one knows but the dropbox might be a playlist replace ment ...
well that goes against everything i was told that dropbox was meant to be and if that happens then that's one way to piss off someone who's put in too much sodding time for no reward out of the process... and if shit like that is going to happen, maybe i shouldn't bother spending time that is now becoming available to me again to work on winamp (since i've seen some of the internal things going on and had been looking to make jtfe parts exposed but if this 'rumour' is founded in truth i might as well just walk away from it all now...).

so now i've got to waste time finding out if there is any truth in this all since i'm majorly pissed off by such a comment, thanks.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2008, 15:09   #107
pjn123
Major Dude

Lol.. calm down. This is just what I think. I realize that allot of work have been put in jtfe and without it Winamp would probably be a few steps back tbh. But for Winamp to move on it really needs a new playlist and with looking at the DropBox the only possible reason I can see for something like this is to replace the playlist someday soon.

The only rumour I heard was that the DropBox will be used to write cd's but I dont buy that ... Atm its already looking possible that I might be right(already PACKED with features) but I guess until we know for sure we're all in the dark.

I would like to have some clarity on what the DropBox will be because I dont want to spend more time on something like the playlistpro (the playlist + search xui object) when they're planning to replace the playlist.

If they want to keep it secret then at least let a few beta testers in on the secret

Old 22nd September 2008, 20:30   #108
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

DropBox is nothing more than crap, if you are really right, and it's meant as a general playlist or JTF replacement in future, then I won't upgrade to any newer version anymore.

What sense the dropbox makes, probably nobody knows. I guess it's meant as a poor interface for burning mp3 data disc or something like this, but 2 buttons in the library, were you can choose between data discs and music cds would be the better choice.

@Topic

nice release, i'll check out the translation stuff in the next few days, i hope you've added some love for the translators.
Old 22nd September 2008, 21:04   #109
pjn123
Major Dude

I know the readme says check homepage for more info on translation but Winamp dont have support for language pack extension in a skin... so was hoping it would have by this time

But anyway.. it should have better language pack support now. When Winamp get the skin language pack extension we'll release a new cpro with support .. but you can always include the strings in your current language packs.

@Offtopic - DropBox loads files super quick with all tag info so I guess a search will be great You can also paste files in the list (when copied in explorer).. and you can also copy the files in dropbox and paste them in explorer. Winamp also dont freeze while the files are read so this is a bug improvement if you ask me. Shows you how big the playlist is in mb and time.
I dont think you can ask more of a playlist than a modern scroller, sort by anything, integrated search, queue support, drag files from list to explorer,...
I would definitively upgrade since Winamp really needs a new playlist. Another reason for my suspicion for db to be the next playlist is because no one says what it will be so this must then me big step if they dont want to say what it's for but still want people to test it.

Old 26th September 2008, 21:36   #110
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Sometimes I don't see any Mono/Stereo indicator in this build, any idea?

http://stashbox.org/237902/cpro2.png

Mostly tested with MP3 files. just releated to CPro 1.04, other skins always show the indicator.
Old 26th September 2008, 21:39   #111
pjn123
Major Dude

Will keep an eye open for it, thx!

Use mostly the same code as in Bento so maybe something changed or need to be added.

UPDATE: You should see that you can select more than one file in the search result and then right-click to move them.. In wa5.541 this is still very slow but Martin have fixed this bug so in the next Winamp version (probably 5.55) it will be SUPER fast!. Thx Martin

Old 26th September 2008, 21:44   #112
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by pjn123
In wa5.541 this is still very slow but Martin have fixed this bug so in the next Winamp version (probably 5.55) it will be SUPER fast!. Thx Martin
only because i told him how to do it faster (ironic really).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 23:22   #113
pjn123
Major Dude

Hehe, actually told him what I though JTFE was doing to move it so fast .. but then he was already trying it out ... Anyway... its now so fast that its still very fast even if you move 150+ items at once.

So kudos to you both

Old 27th September 2008, 20:04   #114
Koogle

ah man the pl search is still disappointing after all the feedback

I wouldn't even count on winamp getting a decent playlist let alone better playlist functionality right, I dunno what its intended integration will be like but the dropbox right now seems kinda useless in direction even for a prototype tbh.

"I dont think you can ask more of a playlist than a modern scroller, sort by anything, integrated search, queue support, drag files from list to explorer,..."

yeah you can, its call TABS, quick and easy, great for having multiple+accesible playlists. or doing shit like adding radio stations onto a new playlist(zero drag and drop exists with shoutcast.. kinda pathetic really), so not wiping out a tmp playlist, or having to add them to the bottom of the pl results(enqueeing, actually I think the new shoutcast radio view doesn't even allow that now).. wow playlist tabs then...will winamp ever grasp the usefulness of them, or will it carrying on to be stuck in the past for even longer. Your skins innovations(well some) are about the only good thing to using winamp apart from the abandoned procustes plugin.

And I can't believe you've started another skin comp for this skin.. really would have hoped you'd move onto making a new skin and taking the good stuff about cPro but improving the UI layout and ditch this fake classic like positioning.. where all elements are scattered in all 4 directions at the corners of the SUI layout.. make a better one and call it ModernPro and this time take all the best things about all of your previous skins including position, layout and the features and then I'll enter skin competition.

anyway went back to old Azenis+modded skin with the better pl search. Still wondering whats happening to faster way of adding songs into favourote playlists.. the retarded winamp menus system where the playlist section is burried [rmb]Sent To:> Media Library Playlist> its pathetic workflow.. anyway I think you'll remember the original suggestion on the azenis skin(button dropmenu) but cPro is still no good overal even with some of its nicer associated good points.

My signature was just too damn good to be seen here..
Koogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2008, 22:10   #115
SLoB
Major Dude

heheh let it out Koogle

not sure if you noticed in the competition but you can also enter a skin using the SUI XUI to create a NON cPro "Classic" skin so that leaves you free to put stuff where you want to and still incorporate the sui part.

We will be working on some other formats for cPro that are not so restrictive in the future

The main point about the next comp is to get skinners to embrace the modern skin by giving them an easy way to skin that leaves all the code out (well as much as they want) and to create some new cool skins.
SLoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2008, 22:11   #116
pjn123
Major Dude

Hi Koogle

Still think the current pl search is better than the one in Azenis.

Keep in mind that ClassicPro have a XUI object that someone can use
It will basically mean that someone can use the sui area of cpro and create a custom layout for the rest of the skin.
Have a very early alpha version of Azenis with the xui object here... not useable but it's a start .

When I have time again I'll maybe continue work on a cpro xui version of Azenis.. with more eye candy than the original skin ... and since cPro have widgets it will be able to match Azenis on that front But also want to do a version for iTunes, wmp8-11

And once the dropbox is finished it will be easy to add tabbed playlists to it .. thats now if the dropbox will be the next playlist for winamp ...

Old 28th September 2008, 18:00   #117
soljarag

Hey!

The playlist search feature is sweet! Its something i have wanted for a long time. I have not tried the other one the guy above mentioned yet.

I just wish it were faster..... If I have a playlist with like 20,000 songs, it locks winamp for like 4 seconds

other than that its great

Oh, and I found a bug.. you cant change the size of the search results window
soljarag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2008, 19:01   #118
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

Send a message via ICQ to martin.deimos Send a message via AIM to martin.deimos Send a message via Yahoo to martin.deimos
Quote:
Originally posted by DrO
only because i told him how to do it faster (ironic really).

-daz
yep, Darren brought me on the right track how this can be speeded up - so it uses now the same way as JTFE.

for the dropBox: it is ____NOT____ a replacement for the playlist, it just offers a few features that the current playlist cannot offer. But it is not ment to be a playback queue. So i hope this rumors will stop at some point.

Moreover i'm really with DrO here:
It would be a shame to remove the current playlist! There are tons of plugins that are based on it (a lot of DrO's) and i would be pissed as well if those great plugins won't work anymore!

-Martin

WebSite: www.skinconsortium.com - Community for Userinterface Design & Coding
Skins: Click Here
martin.deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2008, 19:20   #119
pjn123
Major Dude

If the DropBox isnt a playlist replacement then its just more bloat. TBH dont care about any playlist plugins ... dropbox have loads of the features these plugins added anyway so those plugins that add other stuff can be rewriten to support dropbox.

Winamp need a new playlist. No llama left behind!

The current playlist suck because:
- Small slider
- Cant sort very good
- No icons (to show whats playing atm for example...)
- Adding a big folder freeze winamp (dropbox dont)
- Dont support drag 'n drop from list > explorer
- wont be able to add tabbed lists via plugins
- Loads of other stuff that the dropbox already have

Hey just though of something ... maybe dropbox will be the new name of the 'playlist'... to stop confusing noobs with the actaul .m3u playlist files.

Old 2nd October 2008, 11:12   #120
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

Send a message via ICQ to martin.deimos Send a message via AIM to martin.deimos Send a message via Yahoo to martin.deimos
tbh, when i moved to winamp5 i was a lil bit disappointed about not having multiple playlists anymore.
I begun to use the library instead to manage my music. I become familar with it in less than a week.
when i listen to music i go in the ml and play a full album or a few more. if i want to navigate to a enqueued song then playlist is quite useful as it is.
So for me the optimal layout is this:

i really have no need for something else to manage things. Should i move files from ml to dropbox, arrange them and then enqueue in PL?

WebSite: www.skinconsortium.com - Community for Userinterface Design & Coding
Skins: Click Here
martin.deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins