Old 3rd October 2008, 08:00   #121
mynameisnobody

Martin, how do you make that black/grey background-lines in the Artist pane?
mynameisnobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2008, 14:59   #122
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

Send a message via ICQ to martin.deimos Send a message via AIM to martin.deimos Send a message via Yahoo to martin.deimos
wait for the next winamp version then u can do as well

WebSite: www.skinconsortium.com - Community for Userinterface Design & Coding
Skins: Click Here
martin.deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2008, 14:18   #123
Koogle

Martin why does winamp still have such shit old playlist!? AIMP2 tabbed playlist, and directory grouping display etc etc is just what winamp is missing.. among many other things! get with times! Just because you use some retardedly bent player layout and only play songs by albums.. that doesn't require the playlist to be in view even though by winamps stupid by design, still sends the entire ML list your working from to the PL before playback even begins, why even bother having a playlist at all if you can't be arsed to improve it with tabbed UI, seeing as it still plays a part in winamp. Many otheres rely on the PL and queue 10,000s of songs in the playlist and just work from that shity junk. sick of seeing shit weak winamp updates. And who cares about most the playlist addons they are only there because winamp sucked in implenting anything decently in first place, and the majority of them are either abandoned like a lot of stuff on winamp tbh, or they are complete crap, and no good anyway. Only decent thing I've seen for the playlist is decent PLsearch by pjn, and Drag 'n Drop and both should already be a part of a winamp by default.

"Still think the current pl search is better than the one in Azenis."

only thing to like about it, is that the results appear next the search input box and not in some other area of the skin which seems to have way too much in your sui skins. And when you consider all the negatives associated with pl search and its current implentation in cpro it wipes out the good points .. the fact that the results are overlayed above your playlist is no good and is more of hassle most of the time, or that once you've dbl clicked an item and it and wasn't the right one the process of researching to get that same useless popup overlay just gets annoying.. its really in the end just better to use the azenis one where the results appear in a split view where you have more control, and there are no crap overlays results to get in the way, instead you just adjust the height you want to allow for the pl results box.. also serves as an always in view, second playlist in a way... the only downside on both of these is that hiliting of the selected searched result doesn't hilite in the playlist view which would do a lot to improve the intuitivity of both implementations, instead it just moves the playlists view to a rough area of the selected search results song within the playlists view... plenty of other downsides like no song length info.. but if you just look at it from the point that yes it searches your playlist and gets results.. then yeah sure it works.. but damn, it could be a hell of lot better. Really I wish you would do it better, pl search v2 yeah

as for the cPro XUI object really i had forgotten about it, is it really even functional and easy to work from yet? last one I had checked was the ClassicProSUI-XUI-001 .. I wouldn't mind just redoing the original Modern SUI skin seeing as that one still has the best element placement with all player controls and info displays in one area and not scattered all over the place while still mainting a fully resizable timeline. Would probably move that whole area too the top and not the bottom. Does this xui object contain everything like the cpro tabs and other areas like control panel and pl search, and when those get improved those changes are seen in any updates.

My signature was just too damn good to be seen here..
Koogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2008, 14:33   #124
pjn123
Major Dude

@1 - If there was a function to detect selected then I would prefer your method (implement it like it wa3)

@2 - The xui object contains all the stuff in the cpro sui area.. thus no playback buttons, seeker, volume, track title,...
When the plugin is updated the skin will use the new stuff.
ClassicProSUI-XUI-001 shows how to do it... so its open for anyone to try out. You can even enter it in the cpro competition if you want . There might be some problems with the xui version of cpro so when someone create the first one we can be in contact and fix what needs to be fixed for next version

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Download ClassicPro© ==== cPro Skins ==== ClassicPro© Homepage ==== SC Forums
pjn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2008, 20:25   #125
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Hey Martin!
I like your layout too. The only thing missing is that we should be able to have the "Playlist Editor" as a tab in Bento, just like the ML, vid etc, while still keeping the old PE (we could drag it away..)

Btw, any chance of a hint if the next version (v5.55!!) will get a beta or something?

And since you are the creator of Bento, I have another suggestion for you:
You know the option "Show Artist-Information buttons"? That option should be made into the info-pane option place too, not just in the normal Menu. Currently its just in the menu, while it should be in the info-pane window like the rest of the options (if you know what I mean). That just unless something else is planned though..

Btw, I think I found a new very small spelling/text bug:
At the top of Bento and Winamp Modern skin etc, it says "File, Play, Options" etc, with the first letters with underscores. But with "View", the underscore is at "I", not "V". A small spelling bug I assume.. ? You can see it in your screenshot you posted here..

Heh.. :P

Last edited by Kn0tte; 5th October 2008 at 21:05.
Kn0tte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2008, 21:17   #126
pjn123
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Kn0tte
Btw, I think I found a new very small spelling/text bug:
At the top of Bento and Winamp Modern skin etc, it says "File, Play, Options" etc, with the first letters with underscores. But with "View", the underscore is at "I", not "V".
That letter shows the shortcut button...

Alt + i = View menu because Alt + V opens video

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Old 5th October 2008, 23:07   #127
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Ahh, oops.. My mistake.
Well, we learn something new everyday. Heh

But I still think the other thing should be done; The "Show Artist-Information buttons" option should also be in the Infopane window options, not just in the normal menu..
Old 7th October 2008, 13:04   #128
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

Send a message via ICQ to martin.deimos Send a message via AIM to martin.deimos Send a message via Yahoo to martin.deimos
the PL is really not my task to do for winamp. i just like it as it is atm, there may be other users that would prefer a better playlist. for those the dropbox may be an alternative although it won't be an playbackqueue afaik.

Benski and me will look at custom plugion support for bento's tabs, but atm it is not possible in the way we like:
1) Let the plugin author decide to dock the plugin or not
2) pass plugin name for the tab to gen_ff/bento

As for the playlist i might work on a bento mod for this for the next release, but no promise!

"Show Artist-Information buttons": the options dialog will be redone at some point when there is a bigger need for it.

Old 12th October 2008, 12:07   #129
djsolidsnake86

there is the possibility to save the lyrics?
djsolidsnake86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2008, 12:15   #130
pjn123
Major Dude

Not atm but Martin is working on something (+- end of the year)

Old 12th October 2008, 12:24   #131
djsolidsnake86

Quote:
Originally posted by pjn123
Not atm but Martin is working on something (+- end of the year)
perfect, now i uninstall minilyrics and i wait for this feature
i think that is simple add an option for save as text the lirycs that i visualize in the browser tab atm
djsolidsnake86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2008, 17:19   #132
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by martin.deimos
As for the playlist i might work on a bento mod for this for the next release, but no promise!

"Show Artist-Information buttons": the options dialog will be redone at some point when there is a bigger need for it.
You mean you might add "Playlist" as a tab in Bento, while still keeping the current playlist to the right? Nice

Buttons: You mean adding that option in Info-pane options as I suggested? Nice. Remember to write it down on your "to-do-list" so I wont have to suggest it again at a later time.. Heh.
Old 3rd November 2008, 21:30   #133
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

My current CPro translation strings, things, which i don't get working have a comment.

Maybe it's useful for other translators.

-Chris
Attached Files
File Type: txt cpro.txt (9.6 KB, 565 views)
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2009, 19:43   #134
pjn123
Major Dude

ClassicPro© v1.05

Download Here (468kb)

What's new in this release?
  • New: Playlist and Video can now be openned in drawer
  • New: TagViewer can now also opens in the mini area
  • New: Shade mode quick Playlist now has repeat and shuffle too
  • New: Added more actions to the MultiAction button (Winamp bolt)
  • New: Song timer will now fade in/out when paused
  • New: Mute button will now blink when mute is enabled
  • Improved: Bundled skin now has a much cleaner colors.xml
  • Improved: More miscellaneous optimizations for faster skin load
  • Improved: Drawer/Mini area menu
  • Improved: WasabiButtons now use the hover image
  • Improved: AlbumArt reflection, cover bigger now
  • Fixed: Generate HTML playlist did nothing
  • Fixed: TagViewer bottomleft gfx didn't hide the normal drawer bottomleft gfx
  • Fixed: Equalizer gfx overlap
  • Fixed: More multi monitor bugs!
  • Removed: Skin Chooser - This will be available as an optional widget later

Copyright © 2005-2009 by SkinConsortium

Old 29th January 2009, 20:37   #135
Knocks

Good skin, but album art takes way too much horizontal space. Can't you guys stick it back in the top pane and dedicate the whole bottom to the playlist. I don't need the media library, visualizations, or any other BS. Just main window, small album art, and the playlist.
Knocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2009, 08:23   #136
mynameisnobody

you mean something like this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cpro1.jpg (65.3 KB, 728 views)
mynameisnobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2009, 18:42   #137
Knocks

No, because that adds an unnecessary vertical tier. I actually started a separate topic about a compact skin with album art, but here's what I had in mind.

Old 30th January 2009, 18:47   #138
pjn123
Major Dude

You can edit the bundled bento skins if you want...

Install wa5.55
Enable the new playlist tab
Edit (C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Skins\Big Bento\xml\player-normal.xml)
[you can do the same with the normal bento too]

See line 5:
<layout id="normal" minimum_h="492" minimum_w="633" h="600" w="800" appbar="top|bottom" >

Change the minimum_w to something small like 200

Old 31st January 2009, 05:15   #139
Knocks

OK, I tried it. How does that help me accomplish the layout above?
Old 14th March 2009, 21:31   #140
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

ClassicPro 1.1 released.
See 1st post for more details

Old 27th April 2009, 09:25   #141
pjn123
Major Dude

ClassicPro v1.11 released!

A new version of ClassicPro was released yesterday and we hope you enjoy the new features!
This version also fixes some of the bugs that were introduced in v1.1.

During the last month we had some feedback of certain skins crashing. If you’re using a skin that crashes please make sure you have the latest version by downloading it from our download section again.

What's new in ClassicPro v1.11?
  • New: Explorer Folder now also selects your file when Explorer opens!
  • New: ALT + Open button will play all the files in the current folder
  • New: Explore Folder when you right click the shademode Library's Playlist button
  • New: More powerful functions for widget developers to play with
  • Fixed: Various tab bugs
  • Improved: Translation packs for installer and BrowserPro
  • Improved: More miscellaneous optimizations
Download ClassicPro v1.11 here (596kb)

Check out the first ClassicPro Widgets
Once you've got the latest ClassicPro version why not check out the first of the new wave of ClassicPro widgets!
In the future we'll have more widgets for you to download.
Remember if you have any cool widget ideas but can't code please share the idea in our forum

Old 27th April 2009, 14:41   #142
Koogle

New: Explorer Folder now also selects your file when Explorer opens!

finally

btw with chapterlist and the main skin song time display (topleft), is there anyway to use the same display format

an example...

chapterlist > song timer
0:23:13 > 23:13
1:59:21 > 119:21

etc ...its gets confusing when one is just showing minutes:seconds and the other is showing the hours:minutes:seconds

Anyway now just need an improved a sui layout and windowshade mode in a cpro v2 skin

Right now I'm just getting more jealous of some of the enhanced cpro featurs but I still can't stand the layout placement\positioning or some of the graphics like the huge seeker button... its just not precise enough.

Old 3rd May 2009, 12:31   #143
SLoB
Major Dude

Hmm, Kookle, can you explain on why the seeker is not precise enough? if you open out the skin the slider gets larger, therefore, making it very responsive. How would you make it more responsive?
Also what kind of layout do you have in mind? perhaps even a quick sketch of where things should go would help.
SLoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2009, 18:49   #144
Koogle

"How would you make it more responsive?"

well that wasn't really the problem i was getting at.. but seeing as you mentioned it... yes the time slider interaction could be more responsive by providing realtime sound scrubbing feedback as you move the slider accross a song timeline .. I'm pretty sure that did exist in a winamp skin before, personaly I like that sort of thing as you can scrub through a song and get quicker reference as to your scrubbing position in a song instead of having to release the seeker and let it play, only to repeat and move again until you find that area within the song you're looking for.

And the what I mean by the seeker bar is the
slider isn't precise visually.. you got this big 40pixel block covering the seeker line.

Here its not only more visually more accurate to see where things are at, but its also interactively its easier to reposition to exact positions.

another thing with the seekbar is that in cpro this stupidness of the classic layout means that to actually see accurately what time position you're reposition the bar at, you have to look at the TOPRIGHT (not exactly near the where the seekbar is! a) corner small text that says "Seek: 1:42/6:42 (25%)" at least in azenis ther seekbar text appears on the same level as the seekbar.

things could be much improved in this area.. I think it would easier to just say as an example: look at the youtube video player seeker bar, and how the time position is interactively displayed NEAR the cursor position in an following overlay popup, and when you move the seekerbar it locks on to that.. things could be improved like that.. unlike cpro you get a popup saying "Seeker" :S its taking the piss and not helpful at all those self exploratory alt text popups (maybe you can disable them never bothered checking... just making the point that something more useful could have been done).

"if you open out the skin the slider gets larger, therefore, making it very responsive."

yes thank goord for that.. who on earth still likes a fixed width timeline bar :S its rubbish!.. yet the cpro winshade mode timeline favours a tiny fixedwidth timeline bar, and yet a variable width track info bar.. aaargh

should have at least been like:

timeline bar directly below the track info.. personally I'd still want the timeline bar stretching more of the winshademode width, with a some visual trail along the bar and not just the actuall play position, but then that was the first decent looking winamp sui skin.

compared to cpro winshademode layout :S

Anyway yes I'll do a sketch sometime of how the SUI would be better, I've never liked cpro- classic > sui layout, its just a bad sui layout.. the only thing that makes it vagualy decent is when you're just using winamp with playlist open and slim width...but I don't like winamp like that... because well winamps playlist is crap, crap, crap crap! and the cpro playlist search is just an inferior version of azenis pl search addon, you need medialibary view open to get any decent functionality out of winamp in that sui sized layout, its just a shame cpro element layout is a scattered mess.

And I usually have any sui skin layout opened up at about 1400x1000 (not fullscreen) so things are spaced out quite a bit, which is why I'd prefer a better element layout.

Old 4th May 2009, 19:14   #145
VooDoo`
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to VooDoo` Send a message via AIM to VooDoo`
yeah.... and when can we see the seeker and the buttons on top istead of the bottom of the skin.

o_0
VooDoo` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2009, 19:22   #146
pjn123
Major Dude

That wont happen in the current format of Cpro :: One skins because it will brake all the current skins and even if it was designed to be like that it would not have been skinable enought imo.

But Cpro::Xui (a normal modern skin using just the inner sui part of cpro) will feature a cool layout and some cool new stuff (still being just as fast I hope :P)
Hope to do this skin before the year end
Koogle I know you'll like it

Old 4th May 2009, 20:43   #147
Koogle

" (still being just as fast I hope :P)"

well azenis is slow when it came to resizing frames +it had that unnecessary built in viz that came with the skin.. So I don't think you could make anything slower than that...but it never bothered me I still use azenis

Anyway I'm waiting to see Cpro::Xui put into action at least all the main framework stuff built to at least provide a better example that way its easy enough to modify instead of having to build the entire thing from scratch. Because there just ain't enough documentation/guides on it all.

"(a normal modern skin using just the inner sui part of cpro)"

... and the azenis playlist search right?

"Koogle I know you'll like it "

I hope so .. find myself cycling through 3 different winamp Sui skins (modern, azenis, cpro) for different reasons... just need an ultimate one that gets it all right, with new cool feature like a decent built-in tempo control? - perhaps equaling the better sound of http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details/147522

Old 9th September 2010, 20:08   #148
pjn123
Major Dude

ClassicPro v1.15 released!

ClassicPro v1.15 just released!

Download here

What's new?
  • Updated: BrowserPro sources list with new sites!
  • Improved: Beatvis algorithm
  • Improved: Added an extra beatvis mode for cPro - Bento
  • Improved: More miscellaneous optimizations
  • Improved: cProXUI support
  • Fixed: Opened tab moving out of line when old tab close
  • Fixed: If tab appear again still have the old width
  • Fixed: When tab close the other tabs doesn't utilize the extra space
  • Fixed: ModernSongticker & SCChannel xui's can't go ghost

ClassicPro 2 will hopefully be released somewhere in the near future too!

Old 9th September 2010, 22:59   #149
DrO

the site page image still refers to v1.14

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 23:28   #150
Koogle

If only ClassicPro 2 could make up for the lack of everything Winamp has failed to improve.

Old 7th October 2010, 10:36   #151
theminiguitar
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to theminiguitar
That's funtastic, actually look more modern style, great works.
thanks
theminiguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2012, 13:10   #152
pjn123
Major Dude

Sneak peek at ClassicPro v2.00 beta

Grab the beta release of ClassicPro v2.00 next week!

Old 4th December 2012, 21:28   #153
pjn123
Major Dude

ClassicPro v2.00 (05/12/2012)

ClassicPro v2.00 beta
released 4 December 2012

Download the ClassicPro plugin

ClassicPro is a plugin for Winamp that allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. cPro skins is basically pre-coded Modern skins.

ClassicPro use a single-user-interface (SUI). Think of it as a cross between Modern & Classic skinning. Since ClassicPro 2 a new layout was added to the plugin (cPro2 skins).
Creating a cPro skin is easier than creating a Classic Winamp skin. Remember to publish your cPro skins in the new SUI section!

Download ClassicPro Skins & Widgets:

Almost all of the ClassicPro stuff can be found here:
- Winamp.com SUI skins section
- SkinConsortium.com cPro skins section
- Widgets for ClassicPro

Skinners/Developers:

Download the ClassicPro Skinners Manual or have a look at some of the other cPro skins out there. (must still be updated for cPro2!)
You can also create widgets if you know how to code maki and use xml. See the ClassicPro site for more info.

XUI Object:

If you want to create your own layout you can grab the new <ClassicPro2:SUI/> xui object and create your own custom skin with a single user interface.
Download cPro2 - XUI example skin here
PS: Using this xui object will also skin your generic windows, notifier and about screen to save you time.

SkinConsortium 2005-2012
Old 4th December 2012, 21:31   #154
pjn123
Major Dude

Can someone be so kind to replace the first post and subject with the above post Thx!

Old 5th December 2012, 04:10   #155
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi pjn123,

Congratulations on the release of the ClassicPro v2.00 beta. 2 thumbs up for the new features and improvements. Really like the new File Info Viewer!

Still exploring and have seen only 1 bug so far. Files that have not been rated yet (no rating) are shown with 5 stars in the info viewer and on the Now Playing tab. At least on the Now Playing tab, the stars are dim which gives an indication that the rating is incorrect.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2012, 08:59   #156
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
Still exploring and have seen only 1 bug so far. Files that have not been rated yet (no rating) are shown with 5 stars in the info viewer and on the Now Playing tab. At least on the Now Playing tab, the stars are dim which gives an indication that the rating is incorrect.
Please ignore the statement above. The rating displays are working correctly. The error was in my files.

Old 5th December 2012, 10:46   #157
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

And maybe we should add to the list :
. New? right click behavior on pause / play.
. Tabs go fullscreen on double click.
. New button /option to activate /deactivate Search bar on playlist.
. Native shadow support for skinners

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2012, 01:18   #158
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
And maybe we should add to the list :
. New? right click behavior on pause / play.
What possible (?) new behavior are you referring too? I don't notice any difference in what has been available before.

Old 11th December 2012, 07:25   #159
pjn123
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
What possible (?) new behavior are you referring too? I don't notice any difference in what has been available before.
When you right click on the pause button, it will act as the play button (so that you can restart the track )

Old 11th December 2012, 07:59   #160
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjn123 View Post
When you right click on the pause button, it will act as the play button (so that you can restart the track )
I must be missing something. I have only seen that on some combo play/pause buttons. Current cPro skins (running with the beta cPro2 engine) with separate play and pause buttons do not have that response for the pause button.

The skin provided with the cPro2 beta has a combo button and does not have that response.

I suppose going forward it may be useful for new users. I've developed the habit of using the stop then play buttons, if I've paused a track that I then decide to restart from its beginning. My keyboard has a combo play/pause button and I sometimes get that response when I'm just trying to pause and unpause.

Anyway, good addition and thanx for the quick reply.

Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins