Winamp Backup Tool v1.0 Beta 11.5 available
Yeah I work too much on it.
1.0 Beta 11.5:
- added French language file (thanks to Veekee)
- added simple update check to the tool
- added reminder function, if user ignored available update
- added more ALT key hotkeys to the GUI (Finish Page mainly)
- changed format of log file from ANSI to Unicode
- made that backup mode creates an integrity file
- fixed nasty glitch if user tries to restores files from a path, which contains no valid backup data (Restoration path now must include an integrity file, otherwise restoration won't work)*
- fixed inconsistencies with icons in warning messages
- [Installer] more improvements on finish page for translators
Note: You must run the Tool one time in Backup mode to get the integrity file, otherwise Restoration won't work.
1. There is now an update button in the tool. If the build number on the server is higher than the current build number, a message will appear, which informs the user about the update:
2. Update reminder
If user checked for an update and a newer version is available, but user pressed 'No' in the notification (he ignored the update), backup tool will write current build number and the server build number to the ini file. It compares the build numbers on next start and provides a message, that there still is an update available.
3. Restoration integrity check
Backup tool now creates an integrity check file, if you use the tool personal, you must run the tool in backup mode one time, to get the integrity file, otherwise restoration won't work.
This was needed to prevent a restoration from a folder, which has no single file to backup. The tool acted really weird in these cases.
4. With that release, the English language file has been updated to v1.0 Rev 5. The other available language files are not up to date yet. I've published the newer example file today, but the restoration fix is important, so i release the version before we grabbed newer lng files.
As soon as we get updated language file, I'll recompile and we can test the updater.