Old 7th October 2012, 00:02   #201
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

MarkRH:

LINK REMOVED
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2012, 03:43   #202
MarkRH

Looks good. Here's my updated output now: http://www.markheadrick.com/winamp-info.shtml

Thanks for the work.
MarkRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2013, 12:01   #203
DrO

Winamp Info Tool is now the officially recommended tool for providing Winamp reports for issues, etc. well done Koopa
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2013, 18:28   #204
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
Winamp Info Tool is now the officially recommended tool for providing Winamp reports for issues, etc. well done Koopa
I really don't know what I should say...

Well, one thing is clear I have a newer version on my machine already, which has some nice improvements, and if we use that as official tool, we really should get rid of the old sucky 3.x version.

So the final 4.x with the revamped prefs will come soon along with tons of changes for translators...

-Chris
Old 11th March 2013, 20:25   #205
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
yes, going forward into 5.7 it is good we have something to replace 14N with, so obviously a great debt of gratitude is owed you.

can you clarify what it is that 14N could do that the info tool can't? was it get plugin version numbers or something like that? i just want to be clear on the differences in capabilities, and i recall some discussion on this between you and DrO in another thread, where u pointed out something to him that your tool couldn't do, b/c of the nature of the tool or access to the core code or something like that, that his 14N could?

thx again.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2013, 20:30   #206
DrO

this is a better version of the external nunz tool. it doesn't require a working winamp install and yes it doesn't specifically get the plug-in versions (because of issues in the Winamp build process) but knowing the main Winamp version is basically enough anyway. that's the quick answer.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2013, 20:39   #207
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

I guess I already wrote it, but again, here are the main differences:

One For Nunz:

= a Winamp Plugin
= shows file name and file size of the plugins
= shows all important winamp paths
+ can add pseudo columns to your plugin lists (i guess that was coded into winamp directly later)
+ has an option to sort your plugin lists alphabetically
+ can directly use the Winamp API to detect the version numbers of the plugins
+ can directly use the Winamp API to detect the names of the plugins
+ coded by DrO
- needs compatibility updates for newer versions because of internal changes
- fails if an installation is so corrupt, that Winamp even won't start/or crashes directly

Winamp Info Tool:
= an external tool
= shows file name and file size of the plugins
= shows all important directories
+ provides a lot more infos than Nunz does, which *may* could be useful for tech support or make no sense at all (Repeat Options, Playback Options, Playlist settings and more)*
+ can create HTML reports
+ direct access to important Winamp directories, Winamp, DXDIAG, BT etc
+ independent of Winamp updates
+ independent of borked Winamp installations
+ additionally goodies (checks for Winamp, BT updates etc)
- cannot grab the plugin version numbers
- cannot grab the plugin name
- coded by Koopa

The external Nunz tool killed some of the plugin disadvantages (e.g. when Winamp doesn't start you cannot create a list with the plugin), but you cannot compare the functionallity of that tool with much more advanced Winamp Info Tool/Nunzio Plugin.

*I can remember many postings where people mistakenly had enabled Manual Playlist Advance for example
Old 11th March 2013, 20:48   #208
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

The never ending progress, but for 4.0f:

Old 11th March 2013, 20:49   #209
MrSinatra
Forum King

thanks for that, sorry i missed it elsewhere. i think its important to know.

i'll miss the versions and alphabetizing, but c'est la vie. i look forward to getting to know info tool (again)!

--
Old 13th March 2013, 21:23   #210
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

I've sent Egg an internal pre-Release, the only thing I need to fix are some visual issues in the open report prompt, which need some time, though.

Otherwise I'm done with all of the changes, I'll release a public RC and an updated language file at weekend, when he gave me his ok.

-Chris
Old 14th March 2013, 21:44   #211
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Winamp Info Tool v4.0 RC is now available.

Quote:
- made TXT the default report on fresh installs
- disabled 'Always delete old reports..' option on fresh installs
- fixed some broken alt hotkeys (those were used multiple times)
- fixed that alt hotkeys failed in general, if 'Playback Settings' tab was focused
- fixed that alt hotkeys failed in general, if 'General Settings' tab was focused
- fixed that alt hotkeys failed in general, if 'Report Settings' tab was focused
- updated English and German language files to v2.0 (lots of fixes and tweaks)
- updated Copyright to 2013
- [Preferences] added a button to delete the report dir
- [Preferences] added a button to open the report dir
- [Preferences] added separate list strings for 'Show summary at the end of' option (to fix grammar issues in German)
- [Preferences] made 'Restore default settings' button unchecks 'Always delete old reports..' option
- [Preferences] made 'Restore default settings' button sets TXT as default report format
- [Preferences] re-ordered a lot of the report option
- [Preferences] tweaked a lot of position/sizes
- [Preferences] fixed a bug, that a custom set report path was always reverted to the default path
- [Preferences] fixed 'Always delete old reports..' option not deleting reports with localized file names
- [HTML Generator] improved detection of 'Nullsoft Cloud' and 'Nullsoft Cloud Device Plug-in'
- [HTML/TXT Generator] added detection of Internet Explorer Version (32/64 Bit)
- [HTML/TXT Generator] fixed that 'Winamp Backup Tool is not present..' message was hard coded to German
- [HTML/TXT Generator] fixed that open report prompt wasn't showing localized file names correctly
- [HTML/TXT Generator] fixed that open report prompt wasn't able to open files with localized file names
- [HTML/TXT Generator] fixed a bug, that open report prompt wasn't able to open files with date at the end
- [HTML/TXT Generator] fixed that open report prompt showed 2 backslashes if the report dir was set to the root drive (e.g. C:\\)
I'll post an updated language file tomorrow, after it got some cleanup, which really is needed, hehe.

That hopefully allows us, to delete the sucky 3.x version soon, which is still the main download version on Winamp.com.

Enjoy,
Chris
Old 14th March 2013, 23:02   #212
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Just tested it, it looks very good. I will do the next uploads on Mediafire and then I will edit my blog, notices and journal in Last.fm, Facebook and deviantART, to add the download-links there. The presets are listed, too...
Keep up Your good work!...

Last edited by Sabine Klare; 15th March 2013 at 00:05. Reason: a little typo
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2013, 19:19   #213
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

The English language file v2.0 is now available.

http://koopa.meggamusic.co.uk/Downlo...nglish_2.0.nsh

There are a lot of new strings, I've also converted all langstrings to UPPERCASE letters, but I think it's fair, because the last version was from 2011. :P

The file will be available on xlat server as well.

As soon as I get an updated language file, I'll compile a newer build for testing (as usual).

If you've any questions, feel free to ask.

@Sabine Klare: Thank you.

-Chris
Old 17th March 2013, 12:34   #214
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Minor update, I noticed too late, that Winamp uses another dir for system components now.
So along with:

$INSTDIR\System

we now have:

$INSTDIR\Components

as well, if the cloud shit was installed.

As for the GUI, I have not enough space to show the second path, if present, but the reports should show the new path correctly, if it's present.
That added a pluralization issue.
The English String "Winamp System Components Path:" is wrong, if we have more than 1 path.

So to make it short, I've just added a new string:

LangString WINAMP_SYSTEM_PATHS ${LANG_ENGLISH} "Winamp System Components Paths:"

Again sorry for all, who were already working on it.

To summarize all changes from the original v2.0 language file release from yesterday:

added LangString WINAMP_SYSTEM_PATHS
added LangString NO_MilkDROP_DIR
added LangString NO_AVS_DIR
added LangString GET_BACKUP_TOOL
changed LangString PLAYBACK_OUTPUT_BITRATE (thanks Pawel/Egg)

That should be all now.

-Chris
Old 17th March 2013, 17:31   #215
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Winamp Info Tool v4.0 RC2 available

Quote:
4.0 RC2:

- made installed Internet Explorer version available in the GUI
- moved Winamp Installation Type directly behind the version number
- made some missing strings localizable
- updated Polish language file to v2.0 (thanks Paweł)
- [TXT Generator] fixed some minor cosmetic glitches
- [HTML/TXT Generator] added detection of 'Components' dir if present
- [HTML/TXT Generator] added listing of .w6c files under 'Winamp System Components'
- [HTML Generator] made that 'Installed Winamp System Components' count .w6c files in summary as well
- [HTML/TXT Generator] fixed detection of 'Remove Silence' option state
- [HTML/TXT Generator] fixed totally borked calculation of the 'Remove Silence' cutoff value
- [HTML/TXT Generator] made a few missing error messages localizable
From my testings and code review, it should be a zero bug release now. I'm done with it and will only wait for updated translations. I'll re-submit it to Winamp.com in a bit, once the translators could do their job.

-Chris
Old 26th March 2013, 20:54   #216
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

4.0 RC3:

Quote:
- updated English and German language files to v2.1
- [HTML Generator] moved statistics of installed system files, dll files in Winamp's root dir and Gracenote system files to a new category
- [HTML Generator] moved listing of w5s/w6c, Gracenote and dll files directly after listing of the installed language files
- [HTML Generator] improved design of system component paths (thanks Egg/DrO)
- [TXT Generator] added listing of Gracenote System Files
- [TXT Generator] added total amount of installed System Files and Language Files
- [TXT Generator] renamed 'Summary of installed Icon Libraries / Tray Control Icon Packs' to 'Summary of installed Miscellenous Files'
- [TXT Generator] added total amount of installed Nullsoft Sound Processing
Studio DSP presets
- [TXT Generator] improved the overall design of the statistics
- [HTML/TXT Generator] improved the overall design of the reports
- [HTML/TXT Generator] now share the same Calculation/Statistics code
I made some more significant changes, than people shouldd do for releases and sadly, I'll force another language update, but the changes were needed, though.

- all 3 reports (HTML Unicode, HTML ANSI, TXT) now share the same code for statistics/calculation stuff, this simplified the code and makes it much more easy for me to maintain the code
- the TXT report now has excatly the same features like the HTML report, this includes all listings of plugins/components as well as the same statistics*
- translators now can move the variables in the statistics for TXT reports too (was only possible for HTML reports before
- removed a lot of formatting issues in HTML and TXT reports

*When I created the report stuff originally, I focused on HTML report, because it's eye candy and is really fun to read.
But since the tool became the recommended reporting tool in the forums and TXT is the default report format, it really should support the same features like the HTML report.

There were some missing things like listing of Gracenote files as well as the lack of some statistics and that's not really ideal.

So what should I do, a. release the version as is, since we already reached RC status or b. make that the translators hate you and live with the risk of some signioficant changes, but since we had no final version yet, i think my decision was the right.

-Chris

PS: the updated language file will be available at weekend.
Old 27th March 2013, 06:20   #217
MarkRH

Hmm.. seems a few emails never got to me about updates to this thread. Anyway, just ran 4.0.0rc3 here and it seems OK. Here's the HTML output: http://www.markheadrick.com/winamp-info.shtml

My website includes the tool's output so I did need to edit out everything outside the body tags and moved the CSS to a separate file to work with my site.
Old 27th March 2013, 19:31   #218
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

MarkRH:

thanks for your feedback. In your report all file sizes are left aligned, is that wanted or does it not correctly read the CSS for you?

-Chris
Old 27th March 2013, 22:30   #219
MarkRH

On inspection, it's reading the CSS fine. My site's CSS has TD set to align-left by default which is over-riding the TD's align="right". Actually, align="right" shouldn't be used. Should be using style="text-align: right;" so it will over-ride any previous TD styling.

I just need to do a global search and replace on all the align="right" values and change them to style="text-align: right;"

Ok, now it's properly displaying those specific ones to the right: http://www.markheadrick.com/winamp-info.shtml
Old 29th March 2013, 21:02   #220
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

The updated language file is now available.

I have fixed all things, which were needed for 4.0 and when I don't stop working on it now, we never have a 4.0 release to replace the old 3.x version.

The updated language file has a lot of improvements and makes the whole thing more smooth.

Again, I'm sorry for the original 2.0 release of the language file, but there were still too many issues. It's better to address issues now, than later.

You can now start updating your files, there will be definitively no new language update during the next weeks.

As usual, all files are available on xlat for people who have access.

-Chris
Old 30th March 2013, 15:54   #221
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Winamp Info Tool v4.0 RC4 available

Quote:
4.0 RC4:

- made that Tool doesn't require a restart anymore if the report format was changed
- minor GUI improvements and tweaks
- fixed 'Delete all reports' wasn't working correctly in all cases
- [HTML/TXT Generator] minor improvements and tweaks
- [TXT Generator] fixed error message and display glitch, if no 'Components' are present on the system
- [TXT Generator] fixed a rare bug that listing of dll files in Winamp's root dir could fail
Close to final. I guess some people will be happy, that you know can switch the report format on the fly.

-Chris
Old 30th March 2013, 19:36   #222
ravermeister

Send a message via ICQ to ravermeister
Hi, don't know if it is becaus of the beta state, but
> the tool does report new version for Winamp 5.7 (I Think it is the beta) [1]
and points me to the 5.63 Download.... [2]
> the tool does report new version for Backup tool and if I click yes [3]
it simply redirects the default browser to forums.winamp.com
--> Backup tool itself says its the newest version... [4]

below are the Screenshots:
[1] http://jonnyrimkus.square7.ch/stuff/...winamp_new.png
[2] http://jonnyrimkus.square7.ch/stuff/...p_download.png
[3] http://jonnyrimkus.square7.ch/stuff/...ackup_tool.png
[4] http://jonnyrimkus.square7.ch/stuff/...p_tool_msg.png

Kind regards Ravermeister
ravermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2013, 19:46   #223
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Thanks for your feedback, I've played with the update.ini file for testing, I guess it should now all work again.

If a Backup Tool update is available, it will open the Backup Tool forums thread in the forums.

I'll double check the whole update code before I release the final and will fix the German typo in on of the message boxes as well.

-Chris
Old 30th March 2013, 21:00   #224
MarkRH

Tried out RC4 and things seem ok on my end. Had to do the normal pre-edit of the HTML output to fit with my website (remove everything before and after the body tags, and do a global search and replace on alight="right" to style="text-align: right;" for those TD elements to align as desired).
Old 30th March 2013, 21:13   #225
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

I can apply text-align: right for next build, but that you have to rip out stuff to fit your website, is nothing I can fix on my end.

[Edit] When i have some time, I'll add an hidden option for you so that the report starts after the body. But no idea, whehn I'm able to do it.
Old 6th April 2013, 20:13   #226
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Winamp Info Tool v4.0 available

Quote:
4.0:

- made that the save preferences button shows an info popup, that a restart is required, if the font was changed
- removed obsolete red 'Some Preferences need a restart of the tool...' text from bottom of prefs
- improved 'Delete all reports' button and 'Always delete reports, when creating new reports' option functionallity
- updated Polish language file to v2.1 (thanks Paweł)
- updated Japanese language file to v2.1 (thanks T-Matsu)
- updated Turkish language file to v2.1 (thanks Ali)
- updated PortugueseBR language file to v2.1 (thanks candiba)
- [HTML/TXT Generator] added listing of d3dx9_31.dll and D3DX9_42.dll under 'System Components' if present
- [TXT Generator] fixed visual glitches with listing of AVS/MilkDrop presets
That's a solid base for info reports, development directly goes on with new features.
I've resubmitted it to Winamp.com and we finally can get rid of the old v3.x version.

Funny, if this wouldn't be the replacement of the Nunz Plugin, we probably hadn't seen so many 4.x releases over the last weeks.

As soon as it's available on Winamp.com, I'll change the download link.

Translators can still update their language files, I can always created a new 4.01 for updated translations.

-Chris
Old 6th April 2013, 21:10   #227
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Now available on Winamp.com, the download link in the first posting has been changed.

http://www.winamp.com/plugin/details/222500

Happy reporting,
Chris
Old 7th April 2013, 16:52   #228
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi Koopa,

I've just noticed that the Info Tool lists d3dx9_31.dll and d3dx9_42.dll under the "Installed Winamp System Components" section. It is good that these libraries are listed since some Winamp components need them, but it can be confusing for some users because these are Windows system files and are not located in any of the Winamp program folders. Furthermore these 2 files are not part of the standard install for newer Windows versions.

There are other Windows files that Winamp needs that a user may not have installed, like the Windows Media Engine (v9.1 - v10). I refer you to post #20 in the thread linked below.

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=356119

I suggest adding a new section for the Windows system files needed by Winamp and listing these type of files there. This section could list these files by name and indicate if they are present or not. I'm not suggesting listing all the Windows system files used, that would be too long a list. Just those that are not part of a standard Windows install and those that are not available because the user didn't install (or uninstalled) a major, but optional, Windows utility, like WMP or IE.

A section like this could help in troubleshooting, imo.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2013, 17:25   #229
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Hey,

they are basically winamp system files, because MilkDrop and the lovely Video OSD need them. Winamp's installer will make sure, that you got these files.

Sure, it's not ideal, to list them under 'System Components' but it was a last minute change and I asked Egg if it could be useful for tech support reports.

Any new category would result in an updated language file plus I'm not too sure, under which category I should list 2 files only.

You can expect changes for the next version, but for now it's a fine indicator for people, who provide tech support.

-Chris
Old 7th April 2013, 18:21   #230
Aminifu
Forum King

Ok, I understand.

After reading Batter Pudding's recent experience with the installer and those DX9 files and remembering that thread I provided the link to, I started wondering if there were other non-Winamp files that the installer should look for and your excellent utility could report on.

Anyway, I appreciate your work on the Info Tool, even more now that "One for Nunz" is no more. I had been using them both. Your utility is more comprehensive and only lacked the plug-in version numbers (which you could not access).

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2013, 18:37   #231
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Thanks for your feedback, if you have anything, which you think should be added, just lemme know.

Quote:
Your utility is more comprehensive and only lacked the plug-in version numbers (which you could not access).
Never say never.

-Chris
Old 7th April 2013, 18:47   #232
MrSinatra
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
Now available on Winamp.com, the download link in the first posting has been changed.

http://www.winamp.com/plugin/details/222500
I get a 404. win7, IE10

--
Old 7th April 2013, 18:53   #233
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Working fine here, does this work for you:

http://www.winamp.com/plugin/winamp-...ol-v4-0/222500

if so I'll change the download link.

-Chris
Old 7th April 2013, 19:15   #234
MrSinatra
Forum King

no, both links seemingly take me to the same screen where I can DL the tool, but when I click the DL button on either I get the 404.

--
Old 7th April 2013, 19:22   #235
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Maybe both servers are not synched and you get a cache issue (nothing new related to Winamp servers).

I can download the file. Bets is you wait a bit and try it later again.

[Edit] Seems to be a server issue, if the yhaven't fixed it untl tomorrow I'll change the download link.
Old 7th April 2013, 19:38   #236
MrSinatra
Forum King

I did nothing different on my end, but now it is working, so that's good.

one thing I would encourage you to include, is in the info tool where it has playback settings, it shows the equalizer as disabled. but I see nothing about the limiter.

it maybe the case that when the equalizer is disabled, so is the limiter, idk, but I think its worthy of its own line, especially if the equalizer is enabled. I think the limiter and equalizer are both enabled on a new virgin install of winamp, and that's something people should know. there's nothing wrong with the equalizer imo, but I think its really bad to use the limiter, especially if u don't know its being used and / or you use RG anyway.

also, some "watch folders" report would be good, in the ext report, as it would be helpful to troubleshooting in the forums.

those minor things aside, this is a very nice piece of diagnostics. hopefully u will be given the access you need to get vers and so on. it will certainly be helpful to those of us in the forums who try to help others fix their problems.

EDIT:

ps. I forgot to mention the cloud info, like FB login, cloud dirs. and files, etc...

--
Old 7th April 2013, 20:09   #237
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

The limiter which you can see there, is the EQ limiter,

Prefs -> Playback -> Equalizer.

The limiter is set on as default, but only will work, if the EQ is enabled. I bet you mean another limiter.

As for watched folders, we shall see. As for the cloud stuff, I probably have to try it out, I guess.

Thanks for your feedback.

-Chris
Old 7th April 2013, 20:16   #238
MrSinatra
Forum King

Quote:
The limiter which you cans ee there, is the EQ limiter,

Prefs -> Playback -> Equalizer.

The limiter is set on as default, but only will work, if the EQ is enabled. I bet you mean another limiter.
no, that's the right one I think. I don't know why they have it on by default, esp if the equalizer isn't on by default. but even when the equalizer is on, I don't know why the limiter should also be on. but the main thing is you are saying the limiter status is reported by your tool IF the equalizer is on, and that's good enough for me.

Quote:
As for watched folders, we shall see. As for the cloud stuff, I probably have to try it out, I guess.

Thanks for your feedback.

-Chris
no need to thank me, thanks for your work. I just mention those things so u can mull them over, I realize it comes down to your investment in time. the watch folders would be a nice bit though, b/c for people like me or Aminifu or BP, it can tell us a lot about why or what a user needs to do to fix an issue they might be having, and saves us from the painful convo necessary to get that info.

thanks again!

--
Old 7th April 2013, 20:36   #239
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

The global EQ ON/Off settings overrides the limiter option, so if the EQ is disabled, the limiter is as well.

For next version:

http://www.meggamusic.co.uk/shup/136...xtbigthing.png

I noticed, that the language selection stuff was a bit confusing for some people. So you will be able to change the language directly in the options. The language selector on start will only appear, if the ini file holds no valid language entry.

The 'Remember selected language' option is obsolete and was removed. resetting the preferences to default settings, will set it to English then.

But there is no ETA on 4.1, since there are plans for more things and my time is limited at moment. Also need the help of a friend for some 4.1 stuff and his time is limited as well, hehe.

-Chris
Old 10th April 2013, 23:10   #240
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

For next version:

I hope I can resolve the last remaining issues with the code at weekend.
Big thanks to Pawel, who helped me with the code and DrO for implementing version numbers to the resources of all official plugins. I hope the Essentials Plugins will follow in future, heh.

-Chris
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Tags
html report, installed winamp version, plugin list, txt report, winamp build number, winamp info report