Old 30th January 2013, 21:09   #1
pjn123
Major Dude

cPro2 - Winamp for Mac Sync

Here is port of the default skin for Winamp for Mac Sync.

This skin was created using the cPro2 xui object.

What this means is that you need the latest version of ClassicPro (will prompt you to install) to run it and that almost everything besides the single user interface section was created by the skinner.
This allows for more creativity from the skinner and quicker development time to create your own SUI skin.

If your interrested you can also make use of some of the scripts included in the skin for your own skins:
Scripts included:
  • sc_aerosnap - Use this script to snap your skin window to the sides. This also acts as an fullscreen button script
  • sc_mute - Mute button script (with additional colortheme support if you need a light layer)
  • sc_PlayPause - Straight forward but you can also right click to restart the current track
  • sc_seekerfade - Fade the seeker on hover
  • sc_sliderbar - Create your own fillbar for any slider (left and right sides also doesn't overlay each other on start of slider)
  • multibutton - Used for the bolt button (quick playlist, change theme, open folder and open Winamp about

Download skin here

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Download ClassicPro© ==== cPro Skins ==== ClassicPro© Homepage ==== SC Forums
pjn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2013, 08:41   #2
pjn123
Major Dude

New version uploaded:

v1.01 (4 February 2013)
- Added song information (see new sc_songnews xui object)
- Fixed fullscreen restore position bug

PS: Added a new xui object, sc_songnews. Use this to show any string with song information (you create the string using place holders (e.g. %artist% , %bitrate%, %channels%, ...). This text will then fade in and out when there's a news message (e.g. Volume: 55%, Playback paused, ...)

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Old 5th February 2013, 01:47   #3
Threk

Loving the skin. Is there any plans to implement the window shade mode??

Anyways, thanks for the hard work, really enjoy it.
Threk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2013, 11:54   #4
pjn123
Major Dude

Glad you like it!

Will think about it (probably yes)

Old 6th September 2015, 05:15   #5
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

For those having issues with the artist or titles showing strange characters, please try this version of the skin:

cPro2 - Winamp for Mac Sync (Victhor fix).wal

I replaced those parts with the ones used in another skin (which I think is newer / better). It may or may not work, I can't tell since I can't reproduce the bug.

Please report back if it worked out.

PS: If it works I'd add another fix that would be cool to leave on the skin permanently (the right click on the notifier crash)

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2015, 18:50   #6
GorillaCat

@Victhor The Fix you posted is hit and miss. The issues show up less with CBR mp3s and WAVs and show up more with VBR mp4s converted in iTunes, VBRs converted in Winamp rarely show it. You can see the random characters when you open with an empty playlist(random character blinks in title & bitrate fields) or with a loaded playlist(random blinks in bitrate & artist field). With radio stations the artist field changes when the station plays the next track to a random assortment of gibberish and while switching radiostations it's hit or miss in the artist & title feilds. I also noticed that it doesn't keep up with VBR bit rates while playing, it just uses the average and with radio stations it doesn't show at all. The file in the screen shots was a 128kbps VBR (iTunes), the others were radio stations all screenshots are with the modded skin. Couldn't upload a zip or 7z for some reason. 107 is upon opening loaded, 97 & 105 are after switching tracks. I'm currently using Win10 home 32bit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (97).png
Views:	127
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	51945   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (107).png
Views:	100
Size:	150.3 KB
ID:	51946   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (106).png
Views:	199
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	51947   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (105).png
Views:	109
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	51948  

Making a super dope user image for Windows 10 in Photoshop or Illustrator? Make it 448x448 to minimize artifacting from compression.
ReactOS - My Winamp Wishlist - Custom EQ - Playlists missing tracks on Android (Fixed?)
GorillaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2015, 21:08   #7
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Grrr... damn it.. I'll try something else..

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 6th September 2015, 21:15   #8
DrO

it's a problem in the skin engine that's been there for years if the string objects aren't correctly initialised / terminated on the internal code as well as based on what the script specifies. that's why it's such a weird / intermittent issue depending on the skin being used and a number of other factors.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2015, 21:24   #9
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Yeah, well I'm just trying to discard the use of the sc_text scripts present on most cPro2 / cProXUI skins. I guess that could do it... but if there is something else bugging around, I'm out of ideas.
I tried a supposed different version of the sc_text, now I'll try an alternative/scripted way to display (more or less) the same thing..

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 6th September 2015, 21:27   #10
DrO

other than looking at the bento files (I think that's one of the last things I did get around to doing), there's not much else I can suggest other than trying to ensure that if a string is used, you're not just appending to it without having something explicitly set to start with (was the main cause of the issue that I can remember).
Old 6th September 2015, 21:35   #11
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

I don't understand a thing of what you're saying haha, but it's good to have some sort of explanation of the origin of the problem for when / if a proper coder comes around willing to fix the issue on its true source..

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 6th September 2015, 21:41   #12
DrO

if you do the equivalent of str += 'initial text'; and str += 'more text'; instead of doing str = 'initial text'; and str += 'more text'; (note: not doing += both times but doing a = and then a += then that resolves that usage case). or you make sure that you start with str = "";

ii've probably got some of the maki specific aspects wrong (I think += works, otherwise it's something like using append maybe?) but it was one case that I remember seeing being wrong in one skin example that showed the issue irrespective of doing anything in the skin engine i.e. it can be worked around via the skin by doing things 'right' and making sure the string is correctly initialised when starting to use it.
Old 7th September 2015, 00:37   #13
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

@GorillaCat: Well.. here's another try, using totally different scripts. Some (small) functionality is lost, hope you don't need it..

cPro2 - Winamp for Mac Sync v1.02 (Victhor fix).wal
(EDIT: see next version for a better solution to this)

Report back if it worked!

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 7th September 2015, 02:06   #14
GorillaCat

Random characters don't show up any more. The only thing I could see that need fixing is an alignment issue in the track info area and moving the kbps value in front of kbps and the kHz value in font of kHz. The values still serve their purpose so I don't mind if they have to stay there. Tested with several stations and tracks to make sure. Thanks Victhor!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot (154).png
Views:	103
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	51950   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (155).png
Views:	131
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	51951   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (156).png
Views:	154
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	51952  

Making a super dope user image for Windows 10 in Photoshop or Illustrator? Make it 448x448 to minimize artifacting from compression.
ReactOS - My Winamp Wishlist - Custom EQ - Playlists missing tracks on Android (Fixed?)
Old 7th September 2015, 02:27   #15
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Cool, great to hear it's working.
The song-info labels positioning is something I've been forced to change since it was determined by the original scripts and some source files were missing. Labels are actually separated from the data itself (each is in a different layer), so in the case of the "kbps" I had to position it to the left of the data to leave room for larger bitrates (with 4 digits). So I had to replicate it on the kHz to maintain coherence.

What was not on purpose is the missing "s" in "kbps", I've just realize of it by your screenshots. I'll fix it when I get back to my PC.

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 7th September 2015, 04:31   #16
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Sometimes I get myself in a mess without need.. this version solves the song-info thing without scripts... don't know why I walked that path in the first place..

cPro2 - Winamp for Mac Sync v1.03 (Victhor fix).wal

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 7th September 2015, 12:36   #17
GorillaCat

Thanks Victhor!

EDIT: I did notice some slight clipping of info with the album/time layer with artist/song names that start with certain letters, not a big deal though.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot (157).png
Views:	105
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	51954   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (161).png
Views:	89
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	51955  

Old 7th September 2015, 14:08   #18
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

I can't see the clipping (my english is failing?), but I do see some gibberish and a 1px misplacement on the left background... (easily fixed).
If you keep seeing gibberish characters maybe try deleting / renaming studio.xnf..

EDIT: Fixed file re-uploaded.

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 7th September 2015, 14:48   #19
GorillaCat

No, your english is good. Just look at the first letters in each row of the song info. I think you just need to move the info to the right 2 or 3 pixels.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Image.png
Views:	130
Size:	208.9 KB
ID:	51957  

Old 7th September 2015, 15:18   #20
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Aahh when you said "info" I jumped to look at the song-info (bitrate / frequency) and sort of skipped the rest haha. There is a slight clipping there, it's true, 1 or 2 pixels. You pushed your luck there, but it's fixed now!

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 7th September 2015, 15:26   #21
GorillaCat

Perfect! Thanks Victhor!

Old 19th February 2017, 19:14   #22
RayAlpha444

Unfortunately, I still have problems despite the fixed version. Down at the path, there are also Chinese characters (See Pictures). Is there a fix for this?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	11.PNG
Views:	52
Size:	284.2 KB
ID:	53038   Click image for larger version

Name:	22.PNG
Views:	47
Size:	177.8 KB
ID:	53039  
RayAlpha444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2017, 19:21   #23
RayAlpha444

And another Problem. Look at the Titleinfobox.

https://youtu.be/ImY7keMWDvo
Old 20th February 2017, 12:51   #24
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

The Fileinfo stuff is expected, I only fixed the upper part, which is why is strange to see the gibberish stuff again there.. (can't watch the video on a bigger screen, but I think that's what is showing no?..). Anyone else having the gibberish at top?

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 20th February 2017, 13:17   #25
RayAlpha444

This is a pity. I really like the skin very much. But these Chinese characters are annoying. The problem in the video has solved. Have CCleaner run over the PC. But there are still Chinese signs in the path. Could this be fixed without great circumstances? But I have absolutely no plan and need help.
Old 22nd February 2017, 15:34   #26
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I myself love the version "cPro2 - Winamp for Mac Sync v1.03 (Victhor fix).wal", too, and I simply ignore the bugs, if there are bugs. The new color theme in this skin-version is so good and also the possibility, that Segoe Print is displayed above now (no Chinese Characters there). Mostly I look to Milkdrop2 and to nothing else anyway.

Of course I hope for the other users, that also the last bugs can be solved...

Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2017, 20:51   #27
pjn123
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAlpha444 View Post
This is a pity. I really like the skin very much. But these Chinese characters are annoying. The problem in the video has solved. Have CCleaner run over the PC. But there are still Chinese signs in the path. Could this be fixed without great circumstances? But I have absolutely no plan and need help.
Hi RayAlpha444

The bug should be fixed in the latest build available here:
Download v2.03 beta

Old 10th March 2017, 16:09   #28
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

@RayAlpha444: This guy definitely deserves a coffee.. XD

PS: The fix seems to be working so I'm removing the link I've added to the original post leading to my patched version.

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 10th March 2017, 17:23   #29
GorillaCat

Old 14th March 2017, 14:22   #30
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

But Your patched version "cPro2 - Winamp for Mac Sync v1.03 (Victhor fix).wal" was so good, also Your new color theme... It is Your decision and not mine, and I will have no influence. Every artist can decide to remove a download-link some day. We all are adults.

Old 14th March 2017, 15:57   #31
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Oops! Totally forgot I made some color themes for this one. So, here goes attached (for those not knowing how to use it: just replace this file on your unzipped "Winamp for Mac Sync" skin folder and you're ready to go.
Attached Files
File Type: xml colorthemes.xml (11.0 KB, 27 views)

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 17th March 2017, 13:50   #32
RayAlpha444

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjn123 View Post
Hi RayAlpha444

The bug should be fixed in the latest build available here:
Download v2.03 beta
It´s a Virus

Bitdefender Total Security 2017

"Potentially dangerous software"
"Infected file founded"

Old 17th March 2017, 14:51   #33
RayAlpha444

Why was my post deleted?

Edit: Sorry, is still there
Old 17th March 2017, 14:55   #34
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Mmm... is still there for me, try refresh with a Ctrl. + F5..
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	stillthere.png
Views:	21
Size:	156.5 KB
ID:	53097  

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 17th March 2017, 15:01   #35
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

If other Winamp Users experience the same also with other antivirus-software, then they should post here, too.

But it happens very often, that the antivirus-software makes a false-positive report. I myself remember false-positive reports in some of the previous years. Of course a false-positive report is much better than if a malware in a setup would be undiscovered.

Victhor, maybe You know the link to the website, where different antivirus-software and false-positive reports are listed. And sometimes the problems are fixed by the provider of the antivirus-software later.

Old 17th March 2017, 15:35   #36
ariszlo

Checked both ClassicPro_2.03_ymNFyxvIdaM_(2017-03-09).exe and ClassicPro_2.03_ymNFyxvIdaM_(2017-03-09).exe at VirusTotal. 3 out of 61 antivirus scanners found malware (which means 58 out of 61 did not):

Jiangmin: AdWare.Inffinity.c
McAfee-GW-Edition: BehavesLike.Win32.Dropper.tc
Qihoo-360: HEUR/QVM20.1.0000.Malware.Gen
ariszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2017, 08:02   #37
RayAlpha444

That's funny. VirusTotal shows that BitDefender did not find anything. But my BitDefender has suggested. I am always extremely careful with such things. I already had a blackmail Trojan (Ransomware). This was absolutely not funny when your whole pictures and music are encrypted.
Old 18th March 2017, 12:56   #38
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAlpha444 View Post
... This was absolutely not funny when your whole pictures and music are encrypted.
No, it's not. That's 1 of the reasons I maintain an up to-date separate backup of all my hard (or impossible) to replace files.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2017, 13:29   #39
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

In this case Backup-DVDs would be a little bit better than backup-copies on USB-Sticks, because usually the DVDs are closed if they are nearly full, and then no malware can reach the DVDs anymore. But then they also cannot be updated, if new files should be added to a folder, and I myself add files to folders many times. At least the files could be copied back to the computer(s) after the reinstall of Windows, but only, if the computer(s), DVDs or removable drives are not destroyed by a fire, suddenly and unexpectedly.

Not only the malware is a problem. Suddenly a harddrive can also die (or the whole computer). It is a pain, if all images and songs have to be re-downloaded, and sometimes a song or image is not available anymore in the internet.

I myself have made already my final decision, that all my artist works should be for the eternity and be available in the internet forever in case I myself would suddenly die...

Old 18th March 2017, 19:27   #40
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

PJN123 (Pieter) is a well known Winamp skinner since forever, it doesn't make sense he would infect the installer files..

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins