Old 21st November 2013, 19:10   #81
Number99

Sad news indeed...
Number99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2013, 20:07   #82
xfullmetal17

I was slightly off earlier, looks like the bottom-docked thing is just how Winamp restores from being docked. It's restoring straight down, as if the title bar had been on the very bottom of the screen. Coincedentially, that put it under my taskbar, so Ctl+A saved it, bringing Winamp to be "always on top" briefly.
xfullmetal17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2013, 05:08   #83
harimenon89

THANK YOU for such a wonderuful software

Really sad to hear this... Thank you to all Developers, Forum Admins, and everyone who suppported this software.... WINAMP will always rock!!

Hari
harimenon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2013, 06:18   #84
thinktink
Forum King

Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
I just read an article somewhere that Microsoft might be in talks to purchase Winamp/SOUTcast from AOL. Is this possible and is it true?
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2013, 06:36   #85
evolution76

Send a message via Yahoo to evolution76
This so sad news about winamp.........I love it so damn much!!!
evolution76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2013, 09:16   #86
dstudd

Microsoft In Talks To Buy Shoutcast And Winamp From AOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinktink View Post
I just read an article somewhere that Microsoft might be in talks to purchase Winamp/SOUTcast from AOL. Is this possible and is it true?
There's the following article on techcrunch.com:
Source: Microsoft In Talks To Buy Shoutcast And Winamp From AOL
http://techcrunch.com/2013/11/21/sou...namp-from-aol/
dstudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2013, 13:34   #87
zepper

As much as I want to see Winamp not die this isn't the best of news. If anyone could ruin the program and Shoutcast it's Microsoft. Everything would be changed to suit their childish and pathetic Windows 8 platform. When they're done the script kiddies will turn it into something that looks like it's out of a coloring book. It will certainly not install on XP anymore. I was hoping the previous owners would take it back over.
zepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2013, 15:37   #88
kzuse

Send a message via ICQ to kzuse Send a message via Skype™ to kzuse
(Sadly) one of the last questions related to Winamp, I think:

I have in the Winamp folder AND in the Plugins folder the file "nscrt.dll" from 2011-03-21. Is it by any chance outdated and can be deleted in either one or both locations, as it seemed not to be updated since a long time (didn't do a clean install just to check for that, because the PC I'm currently on isn't mine and I don't want to change too much), an answer to that question would be great so I could eventually delete the file(s)...

Thanks!
kzuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2013, 15:41   #89
DrO

nscrt.dll was left in the installs which have it for some of the older plug-ins. you probably can remove it as you'll know if you still need it as any plug-ins which linked to it will show as 'not loaded' in the preferences.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2013, 15:46   #90
kzuse

Send a message via ICQ to kzuse Send a message via Skype™ to kzuse
Okay, thanks for the information! I wasn't really sure as I couldn't locate the file in the installer when quickly opening it in 7zip, and I didn't want to uninstall the present Winamp on the PC just to reinstall it freshly.

I think I just leave the file there as it is not extremely large in size...

EDIT: Oh okay, you wrote "in the installs" not "in the installers". So on fresh install it is NOT included. As I don't use any 3rd-party plugins in this installation, I'm going to remove it...

Last edited by kzuse; 22nd November 2013 at 17:48.
kzuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2013, 19:07   #91
OlexijL

Send a message via AIM to OlexijL Send a message via Yahoo to OlexijL
@Koopa: Where to download your Essentials Pack now? Where to download your Language Pack Plus version?
OlexijL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2013, 19:51   #92
DrO

OlexijL: there is no Essentials Pack currently as i've not finished updating the plug-ins in it.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2013, 20:31   #93
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlexijL View Post
@Koopa: Where to download your Essentials Pack now? Where to download your Language Pack Plus version?
Language Pack Plus will be available from:

http://koopa.meggamusic.co.uk

but I have to do a lot of things with the website and the other projects, I will inform people, once i did the 5.66 update.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2013, 21:32   #94
zepper

Koopa or DrO will there be anymore tweaks or updates to the current 5.66 version to fix any lingering issues or is this definitely the last one?
Old 23rd November 2013, 00:11   #95
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

maybe ;-)
DJ Egg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2013, 00:13   #96
Aeonic Butterfly

I'm glad for the update, but sad for the news. I've been using Winamp longer than some people have been alive. Originally started on, I think, 0.96 or 0.98 on my Win 95 machine, way back when. It's still a favorite player of mine, I don't want to lose it.
Aeonic Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2013, 00:27   #97
zepper

Thanks DJ Egg, I'll keep my fingers crossed. If you do please take a look at the problems with .flv files, I use those a lot from youtube especially.
Old 23rd November 2013, 01:19   #98
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@zepper

You've probably got Nullsoft Flash Video Decoder installed (in_flv.dll),
whereas before you were using the DirectShow Decoder for flv.

Close Winamp
Move in_flv.dll out of the Winamp\Plugins folder (or rename with the .off extension)
Reopen Winamp
Go to Prefs > Plugins > Input > in_dshow > config
and add ;FLV to the extension list
Old 23rd November 2013, 01:23   #99
fullcone

My registration is a disposable. I must only say: please, don't kill winamp. It is the legend.
fullcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2013, 01:36   #100
zepper

Well that was easy, I removed in_flv.dll and it's working again. .FLV was already configured in Direct Show and it was ok prior so I didn't bother looking for that particular plugin. Thanks.
Old 23rd November 2013, 03:24   #101
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

The full 5.65-5.66 changelog is now up in post #2

@zepper
Cool. Good to hear :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullcone View Post
please, don't kill winamp. It is the legend.
QFT
Thanks
Old 23rd November 2013, 03:39   #102
sullysnet

WTF!!!!! why not just give it back to Justin instead of letting the GREAT application dying. Damn so much bad news in one year. This is by far the worst year for software and other web related things

Long time user and supporter from the old days. I hope some how it given or sold to someone instead of AOL killing it off.

Thanks for all the hard work I just do not want to say bye

It’s a fragile thing, this life we lead, if I think too much, I can’t get over
sullysnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2013, 04:36   #103
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Egg View Post
5.65 to 5.66 full changelog
...more than 200 items..

EPIC RELEASE... ACCOMPLISHED

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2013, 04:40   #104
zulukaffer

Hello everybody, here's a petition addressed to AOL with the aim that Winamp should be kept alive or be released to open source: http://www.change.org/en-AU/petition...go-open-source

It has been started a few hours ago and got more than 9000 signings so far
zulukaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2013, 05:18   #105
sullysnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulukaffer View Post
Hello everybody, here's a petition addressed to AOL with the aim that Winamp should be kept alive or be released to open source: http://www.change.org/en-AU/petition...go-open-source

It has been started a few hours ago and got more than 9000 signings so far
signed

It’s a fragile thing, this life we lead, if I think too much, I can’t get over
sullysnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2013, 06:27   #106
xfullmetal17

I have a random question... Can I use the Combined Community Codec Pack with Winamp? (mainly, if I load up a video in Winamp can it use the codecs in that pack to play it)
xfullmetal17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2013, 08:00   #107
Raj_09

I was so sad about the news that Winamp is closing that I did not have time to check the changes in the new version. Great work guys! I love the skinned menus.
Raj_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2013, 08:08   #108
Tipsy Snake

Bug Report

Something was broken.
Unfortunately, there is a problem with Unicode in version 5.66:
In media library, when entering Russian symbols in search field and then switching to another view and back, I see squares or question marks instead of previously entered symbols. Strangely, but in "Audio" view symbols are output correctly after switching view, but in every other — not. ("Remember search filters in media and album views" option is turned on in the settings.)

P.S. I love you, Winamp. You are my one and only.
Tipsy Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2013, 09:03   #109
OlexijL

@Snake: Confirmed...
Old 23rd November 2013, 10:15   #110
Skeletal

Playlist - what is going on?

As much as I'm excited by a new version, and saddened that this is the final version, I'm wanting to know what's happened to the Playlist.

I normally have my Playlist setup to Enqueue files by Default so they queue up behind what I've already got in my list, but with this new version there appears to be some new "features" that have been added. As song as you double click on some songs, it starts playing them automatically. This is not so bad: to disable it you just go to Preferences > General > File Types > Shell Options > enable the "Add Enqueue & Play" option, then select the "Add files to the queue for delayed playback" option. Easy.

But what have they done with the order of the Playlist? Now when I add a bunch of tracks to a Playlist that already has tracks in it, a sequential list of numbers appears in the Playlist next to each song (next to the time length of each track), and it will play the Playlist in the order that this new numbering system has applied. This means that if I start playing a track further down the queue, and it hasn't gone thru it's other sequential numbers, it will jump back to the first in it's list [1], and won't play the next track in my queue. Geez, if I wanted to have random songs playing then I'd turn on the Shuffle button! I've searched thru the Playlist options in Preferences and there doesn't seem to be any option to turn this off - does anyone know how?

Cheers.
Skeletal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2013, 10:23   #111
OlexijL

In 5.65 there is a problem with the registration data (Pro license) removal. I usually use 5.581 for this... (testing function purpose)

Just wanted to say...

In 5.66 this button is removed.
Old 23rd November 2013, 11:03   #112
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletal View Post
But what have they done with the order of the Playlist? Now when I add a bunch of tracks to a Playlist that already has tracks in it, a sequential list of numbers appears in the Playlist next to each song (next to the time length of each track), and it will play the Playlist in the order that this new numbering system has applied. This means that if I start playing a track further down the queue, and it hasn't gone thru it's other sequential numbers, it will jump back to the first in it's list [1], and won't play the next track in my queue. Geez, if I wanted to have random songs playing then I'd turn on the Shuffle button! I've searched thru the Playlist options in Preferences and there doesn't seem to be any option to turn this off - does anyone know how?
Yes, the enqueue only option for the Playlist Editor was broken (it now acts just like enqueue & play). I expect DrO will fix it after the AOL shutdown is resolved. Your work-a-round to use the queue is a partial solution.

There are some options for controlling how the queue works (such as text formatting in the Playlist Editor) in the General Preferences; Jump To File - Queue Options tab and Jump To File - Display tab.

There may be more, but those are all I've been able to find.

You can even chose to load your entire playlist into the queue when Winamp starts (see Jump To File - Queue List tab) and do all playback from the Queue Manager instead of the Playlist Editor.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2013, 11:16   #113
hitokage

There seems to be several people in this thread that missed this post in this thread - in particular the section below:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
<snip>So, what remains (and can still be created / fixed):<end snippet>
<snip>
+ Pro features (unlocked in final version!)
<end snippet>
I've been using Winamp for over ten years. I hope it does continue on, but I'd prefer it be someone other than Microsoft.
hitokage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2013, 13:43   #114
zepper

@hitokage, have you downloaded the pro version? I just checked and it's not available.
Old 23rd November 2013, 13:53   #115
Raj_09

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepper View Post
@hitokage, have you downloaded the pro version? I just checked and it's not available.
@ zepper:
From the changelog: The Pro & Full installers are the same for this release (No OpenCandy/Emusic/AOLSearch/Toolbar).
Raj_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2013, 14:07   #116
zepper

Two features of pro are native mp4 video support and mp3 encoding. I don't have either of those but will check the installer again. Yes I did remove mp4 from direct show and added it to "in_mp4.dll" but still just get only sound.
Old 23rd November 2013, 18:35   #117
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@xfullmetal17
Yes. If the relevant file extensions are configured to be handled by in_dshow only (e.g. add ;FLV;MP4;AVI etc) to in_dshow config, remove MP4 from in_mp4 config, remove in_avi.dll & in_flv.dll... see here for more info...
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=155680

@Tipsy Snake
Bug confirmed. Thanks.

@zepper
What's the video codec/format of the MP4 files?
Copy & paste here the Format Info section from Alt+3 for one of those mp4 videos.

@Skeletal
Yup, it's known about.... :-(
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....156839#regress
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....80#post2976280
Old 23rd November 2013, 18:56   #118
zepper

DJ when it's configured to "in_mp4.dll" the interface shows Audio: MPEG-4 AAC LC, Video: H264 Baseline@3.

In Direct Show they all just say ffdshow codecs with Bitrate and Average FPS info. I ran them with VLC and their codec information says they're H264 MPEG-4 AVC (Part 10).

When I try to encode .wav or .wma to mp3 it says I need a pro version to do that so it isn't just the videos. In preferences it's asking for a registration key. Maybe I missed something in the installer?
Old 23rd November 2013, 19:10   #119
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@zepper
It means that you haven't registered Winamp Pro,
therefore the Pro features (including h264 playback with in_mp4/in_avi/in_nsv/etc., and mp3 encoding) are still locked.

You do have a valid registration key, right?

Winamp > Prefs > Winamp Pro (top page of Prefs tree) > Enter Registration Key.

If you can't see the Winamp Pro page in Prefs, then it means you've got the Lite'N Winamp Preferences plugin (gen_nopro.dll) installed from the Essentials Pack.
Go to: Prefs > Plug-ins > General Pupose > gen_nopro > config
and uncheck Winamp Pro from the hidden pages menu.
Old 23rd November 2013, 19:29   #120
zepper

Ok maybe I'm reading something wrong but this post states that pro would be unlocked for the final version. Are you still requiring a purchase of a registration key? I don't mind doing that if need be given all the years of an excellent program for free.
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion