Old 23rd November 2013, 23:02   #121
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Egg View Post
@zepper
It means that you haven't registered Winamp Pro,
therefore the Pro features (including h264 playback with in_mp4/in_avi/in_nsv/etc., and mp3 encoding) are still locked.

You do have a valid registration key, right?

Winamp > Prefs > Winamp Pro (top page of Prefs tree) > Enter Registration Key.

If you can't see the Winamp Pro page in Prefs, then it means you've got the Lite'N Winamp Preferences plugin (gen_nopro.dll) installed from the Essentials Pack.
Go to: Prefs > Plug-ins > General Pupose > gen_nopro > config
and uncheck Winamp Pro from the hidden pages menu.

Egg are you dizzy? :P

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2013, 04:24   #122
Skeletal

Quote:
Thanks DJ Egg & Aminifu for your replies, good to hear it's on the radar already

Cheers.
Skeletal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2013, 06:47   #123
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi Victhor,

From where are you getting the info that the pro features of Winamp v5.6.6.3507 will be unlocked without the need to enter a valid registration key?

DrO's post you linked to in post #121 above describes how to enter a key using the app itself (which has always been possible, as DJ Egg discussed), since it can not be done with the installer for the last official version. It does not say a key is not needed.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2013, 10:35   #124
kzuse

Send a message via ICQ to kzuse Send a message via Skype™ to kzuse
Wohoo, thanks DJ Egg for that epic changelog!

And for this fix, of which I would have had no idea that it has been realized if I hadn't read this epic list until the end!!!:

Quote:
- [Wasabi] Allow holding down shift to drop the center snapping action in modern skins for the eq sliders
This was one very annoying thing, I prefer on some frequency bands subtle changes and always had to do them in classic skin because in Bento those damn sliders always snapped and snapped to the middle position... Now I'll try Shift..

Thanks!!

Best regards,
kzuse
kzuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2013, 13:55   #125
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
Hi Victhor,

From where are you getting the info that the pro features of Winamp v5.6.6.3507 will be unlocked without the need to enter a valid registration key?

DrO's post you linked to in post #121 above describes how to enter a key using the app itself (which has always been possible, as DJ Egg discussed), since it can not be done with the installer for the last official version. It does not say a key is not needed.
I refered to DrO´s post because of "the 'full' installer is the same as the 'pro' installer", other sayings and by my own experience, but now that you pointed out to me I checked in other machine and Pro features are not unlocked.. which is strange, since I never had Pro and despite I uninstalled and re-installed the result was the same, I have all features unlocked (and the "Pro" upper part of prefs is missing, despite I don´t use Lite n´winamp).. Anyway, I´m removing that part of my thread till´ it´s clearer..

PS: I obviously asked for confirmation but never got an answer on that..

PS2: Sorry, Egg, apparently I AM dizzy =)

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 24th November 2013, 17:39   #126
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@Victhor

What we meant by the full & pro installers are the same...

Before, the only differences between the two were:

- Full (free) installer had all the bundled crap with it (OpenCandy software offers, Emusic, AOL Search & Toolbar).
- The Pro installer didn't have any of those things.
- The Pro installer had a popup dialog prompting the user to enter the registration key (on clean installs).

Because we've removed all the bundled crap from the free full installer, and because Pro is no longer purchasable,
we felt it was no longer necessary to build the Pro installer and/or make it available.

It has always been the case that you need a valid registration key to unlock the Pro features, even with the Pro installer.
The Pro installer never had the Pro features automatically unlocked.
As always, the key can be entered via Winamp > Prefs > Winamp Pro.

p.s. apology accepted, of course, lol :-)
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2013, 18:12   #127
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Yep, that would've been clear enough if I wouldn't have MY pro features suddenly unlocked haha. I'm not sure what happened there, but I have my suspicion..

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 24th November 2013, 19:10   #128
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlexijL View Post
@Koopa: Where to download your Essentials Pack now? Where to download your Language Pack Plus version?
The site for the extended language pack is now done:

http://koopa.meggamusic.co.uk/winampdeutsch

If you want to help to keep this project alive, spread the site, tell everyone where they can get it now.

The download link isn't active yet, because I must still update some things in the installer.
I will announce it here and make a sticky in the German forum, once all is done.

-Chris
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2013, 07:18   #129
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
Yep, that would've been clear enough if I wouldn't have MY pro features suddenly unlocked haha. I'm not sure what happened there, but I have my suspicion..
Could it be that the installer you used was a pirated one with the Pro features unlocked? I suggest being careful using that configuration (monitor your net traffic when using it), other strange things may be going on.

Or could be things in the cosmos lined up just right and you got lucky.

I applaud your efforts to provide a single point of reference for what's going on with the announced AOL shutdown, but you need to be extra careful when stating 'facts'. Anyone rushing to download now, just to get the Pro features for free, deserve the disappointment, imo.

Edit:
I read at the other site how you got your version. I've had the same problem keeping private(test) and public versions separate. Sorry, I should have guessed that instead of suggesting that you would use pirated stuff.

Last edited by Aminifu; 25th November 2013 at 08:51.
Old 25th November 2013, 09:21   #130
kzuse

Since 5.66 seems to have at least one significant Bug, the "Enqueue and not Play from Explorer" one, which is confirmed - would it be a possibility that the Devs just before AOL shuts everything down, build and package one "final - final" 5.661 version which fixes this?

Just think about what comes after Dec, 20th.

If MS buys the source or AOL in some other way hides it from public access, noone will ever be (legally) able to do such a fix. Microsoft will not do it as first thing they'll do after an ##Million $ (or what ever) deal...

So maybe now is the time to push out one final compact package that has it...

Instead of patching single files afterwards or so...

Just a thought...

Would be worth it, I think!

Old 25th November 2013, 12:52   #131
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzuse View Post
Since 5.66 seems to have at least one significant Bug, the "Enqueue and not Play from Explorer" one, which is confirmed - would it be a possibility that the Devs just before AOL shuts everything down, build and package one "final - final" 5.661 version which fixes this?
Until the fix, 3 methods (at last count after latest forum search) have been offered to regain 'enqueue and not Play' functionality. Each has their drawbacks.

Old 25th November 2013, 14:23   #132
kzuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
Until the fix, 3 methods (at last count after latest forum search) have been offered to regain 'enqueue and not Play' functionality. Each has their drawbacks.
Yes, and that's the reason for the proposal for another "official" build, if by any chance possible...

But 5.66 is still great, the bug doesn't affect me too much. But for future installs at people's who use Enqueueing more, it'd be great to take one fully working installer with you without having to manually apply any fixes afterwards

But I know, that's "whining at a high level"...
Old 25th November 2013, 15:19   #133
DrO

we're going to try to provide a working update for the enqueue issue, i just don't have an eta on when the fix will be available or how it'll be available.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2013, 19:22   #134
ujay
Forum King

Hi daz, With regard to the 'Help' Menu.

Will it be possible to point F1 to a mirror of the Help pages at some point in the future.
A link to winampforum.com would be handy too.

UJ
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2013, 19:41   #135
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

There will be sadly more dead links, like the link to the to Tray Icons Pack form gen_tray. Or 'Get Skins' from Skin Manager, and all links from bottom of the Plugin pages.
Old 25th November 2013, 20:02   #136
thinktink
Forum King

Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
Probably wouldn't be extremely hard to hook those links with a plugin and redirect them elsewhere.
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2013, 21:11   #137
DrO

most things end up being routed through the same api (but not everything) and is something i've already thought about, but is not something that can be altered for final builds.
Old 26th November 2013, 00:05   #138
r.e.e.d

i am very sad about winamp, but i need to ask: are you guys still fixing bugs till 20/12?
i believe that i found one.
in a clean install, if a file is playing, enqueue another file from explorer right-click is enqueing and playing instead just enqueue. this is happening with any format, flac, ape, mp3.

on 5.65 this doesn't happens
r.e.e.d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2013, 00:22   #139
DrO

there's a number of posts about the enqueue issue with the 5.66 release (even in the earlier posts in this thread). we are hoping to provide a quick update patch to resolve that issue shortly.
Old 26th November 2013, 01:35   #140
r.e.e.d

sorry, i missed that.
thank you!
r.e.e.d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2013, 03:44   #141
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Winamp 5.666 now available

First 2 posts have been updated accordingly.

Enjoy! :-)
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2013, 04:23   #142
thinktink
Forum King

Quote:

OmNomNomNomNomNomNomNomNom...
Old 26th November 2013, 05:28   #143
MarkRH

Hmmm.. think I would have just skipped right on past that version number..
MarkRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2013, 05:36   #144
thinktink
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkRH View Post
As a plugin developer I am aware of several API integer constants that use 0xFFFFFD66 and 0x29A as a special value. IPC_SETVOLUME and IPC_SETPANNING comes to mind and I am sure there are others. Like it or not (I don't by the way), 666 is in Winamp. Has been for a while.
Old 26th November 2013, 05:38   #145
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Isn't that a cosmetic thing in some parts only? Real version number is 5.6.6.3510, so compared to the last version, only the build number changed.
Old 26th November 2013, 08:42   #146
kzuse

I like the number and I love the new release! Big THANK YOU for this release!!
Old 26th November 2013, 09:06   #147
DJ_MELERIX

the final version of Winamp 5.7 will not be released then ?
DJ_MELERIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2013, 10:15   #148
DrO

DJ_MELERIX: the v5.7 release was v5.6x + Cloud services. as thats been stopped (like the rest of Winamp is being) then there is no reason to ship a v5.7 anymore as it was never completed. it was primarily just a numbering difference between the Cloud and non-Cloud releases as we'd try to make clear but that never seem to be understood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkRH View Post
Having been an avid user myself for a long time and the number we were on, it only seemed fitting to show a nod back to the same thing which had been done in earlier versions. I know there are going to be people who won't like it and will refuse to use this build but Winamp itself is identified as 5.66 internally to plug-ins and is just a cosmetic thing.

if its that much of an issue for people, I can make a patch to remove the extra 6 from the ui parts (though would require a small donation to cover the time to do it) but will not be changing the final compiles now.
Old 26th November 2013, 11:08   #149
foxyshadis

Send a message via AIM to foxyshadis Send a message via Yahoo to foxyshadis
New major release of Winamp, wow, thanks guys. That's a fantastic late birthday present!

One big bug:
After lots of debugging, and testing strings, I traced it down to a crash in tagz.w5s. The crash is in $sub, which isn't protecting against null strings. %rating% doesn't seem to be working at all, despite ML being active, and due to that, $sub(5,%rating%) will crash the player. (Sometimes it'll just disappear, too.)

Horray, now that I know that I can finally use Winamp again!

Aside from that:
gen_crasher wasn't picking it up because other plugins are overwriting SetUnhandledExceptionFilter for some asinine reason, these ones I found were:

in_NotSoFatso
in_psf
ml_orb
ml_plfix

Even with all of them gone, though, the Winamp crash handler never fires, just the generic Windows drwatson. Something weird happening, obviously.

Edit: %rating% is sorta but sorta not working. Add from ml, rating shows. Play, and it's gone. Except once, it showed. I have no idea what's different about that one file, it looks exactly the same as its neighbors as far as I can tell; I made them all from the same CD.
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2013, 11:34   #150
DrO

if only you'd posted about this 12hrs earlier

the crash reporter may not be loading due to other things on the system affecting it, though very strange about the others (and you'd want to get rid of ml_orb.dll anyway).
Old 26th November 2013, 11:39   #151
foxyshadis

Send a message via AIM to foxyshadis Send a message via Yahoo to foxyshadis
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
if only you'd posted about this 12hrs earlier
Hey, you can always sneak a rebuild in without a version bump. But no worries, I'm sorry I didn't have time to sit down with a debugger until tonight, and I didn't want to bother anyone with "It just crashes!" It only started when I moved up to Win 8 or 8.1, I'm not 100% sure which since one quickly followed the other, that's probably important info.
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2013, 12:37   #152
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
Send a message via AIM to SSJ4 Gogitta
I'm all for version 5.6666. Just add more 6's.

SSJ4 Gogitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2013, 14:03   #153
Xepha

Thanks guys!
Xepha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2013, 14:10   #154
zepper

Is there a setting that can be changed or a plugin to remove that will stop the compatibility message every time Winamp is opened up? I have to run it in compatibility mode in Windows 7 because it helps direct show videos work better.

Edit: I found the thread where the solution is to set "allowcompat=1" in Winamp.ini and all is well now.
zepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2013, 14:12   #155
Zithromax

Send a message via AIM to Zithromax
Winamp has done the "666" release version a couple of times before. There was a 1.666 and 2.666. I was hopeful that they would do a 5.666. I'm glad they did and more-so because it's the last version. The superstitious concern about the number is also amusing. It's just a number; it won't hurt anybody.
Zithromax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2013, 14:48   #156
Rovastar

Send a message via AIM to Rovastar
Quote:

I did think last week it would have been nice to finish on a .666 version and now it has happened.

"Rules are for the guidance of wisemen and the obedience of fools"

Visuals - Morphyre www.Morphyre.com
Rovastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2013, 15:49   #157
Hanschke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
The site for the extended language pack is now done:

http://koopa.meggamusic.co.uk/winampdeutsch

If you want to help to keep this project alive, spread the site, tell everyone where they can get it now.

The download link isn't active yet, because I must still update some things in the installer.
I will announce it here and make a sticky in the German forum, once all is done.

-Chris
but no download atm
Hanschke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2013, 15:55   #158
DrO

give the guy a chance, he's still sorting things out.
Old 26th November 2013, 17:56   #159
Tag
Streaming Media Expert

Send a message via AIM to Tag
Dro and Egg,

Good job on the final release and nicely done with the final version number, couldn't be more appropriate.

Cheers and best of luck gentlemen.

Was great working with you.