Old 30th November 2013, 11:16   #201
Urge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
Check the 1st check box option on the General Preferences - Media Library - Options tab. Disable it, if enabled.
That fixed it, thanks
Urge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2013, 11:59   #202
ujay
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urge View Post
... And another thing - not sure if this is by design or not - is creating new APEv2 tag supposed to remove an existing Lyrics3 tag? Have lost some lyrics while thoughtlessly adding replay gain without checking that the create new APEv2 tag option is deactivated first.
There is potential for conflict with APE and Lyric3 tags. depending on where in the file they are written.

Lyric3 is actually an extension of the ID3v1 tags and occupies the same space in the file that may also be used by APE tags, so it's easy to see how things can get overwritten.
Add to this that Winamp is not really Lyric3 aware, but just does a dirty search for extended info fields.
[edit] A consequence of this is that you must always keep ID3v1 tags when writing to the file or Lyric3 will no longer be seen by other applications.

I've never used APE and have no idea how Winamp handles them though, (and in particular, where it stores them).
Something one of the devs may be able to help with.
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2013, 08:58   #203
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Winamp German Language Pack Plus Version 5.666 is now available from my site:

http://koopa.meggamusic.co.uk/winampdeutsch/

with a small special christmas gift for all German speaking users. But I bet this wasn't the last update this year, hehe.

---------------
Winamp Offizielle Deustche Sprachdatei Plus Version 5.666 ist jetzt auf meiner Website verfügbar:

http://koopa.meggamusic.co.uk/winampdeutsch/

mit einem kleinen Weihnachtsgeschenk an alle deutschsprachigen Nutzer. Aber ich wette es war nicht das letzte Update für dieses Jahr.

Mehr Informationen gibt es hier: Wichtig: Die Zukunft der deutschen Sprachdatei
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2013, 12:33   #204
LupusNocta

Bug in taksbar title

I'm using the last version 5.666, but in the taskbar the title of the playng file is bugged.
Only show various "squares" characters.
I'm using the PT-BR language, but even in English the bug continue.

Any solution?
LupusNocta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2013, 13:10   #205
Aminifu
Forum King

Be sure you're using Winamp 5.666 Build 3512 (5.6.6.3512) - 26 Nov 2013 or try this:

http://nunzioweb.com/daz/unicodetaskbarfix/index.html

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2013, 13:14   #206
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
Better not, that's part of the Winamp installer since 5.66, the shipped version is newer than the one on the website.
I hope DrO will update his website, so that people do not overwrite the new version with the old.

LupusNocta:

Post a Winamp Info Report, maybe we find the 3rd party plugin which is causing the issue:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins
Old 1st December 2013, 13:21   #207
Aminifu
Forum King

Oops! Koopa is right, that is an older version of the Unicode Taskbar Fix I gave the link to.

Old 1st December 2013, 21:29   #208
LupusNocta

Bug in taksbar title

Koopa, I just saw your sugestion now, but i've tried the Winamp Unicode Taskbar Fix before, like Aminifu had sugested and... it works \o/

Thanks to both of you.
LupusNocta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2013, 05:43   #209
Andre.Ziegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
We already did this and couldn't reproduce your issue.
I completely removed old Winamp and reinstalled it, but always the same issue with the modern Skin. Winamp crashes at start and wants to upload the report. In this case I have to use the classicSkin.

Andre.Ziegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2013, 11:09   #210
r.e.e.d

small installer/Matroska issue.

on free version (without pro key), with full install, Nulsoft matroska demuxer is installed, and is having conflict with directshow/CCCP, in_mkv.dll don't allow directshow play mkv's.
if someone have this problem just remove Nulsoft's matroska demuxer "in_mkv.dll" from plugins/input to play mkv videos

Tip: if you don't have pro key, on during install, uncheck matroska(mkv,mka).
r.e.e.d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2013, 11:26   #211
DrO

r.e.e.d: that is by design as part of trying to maintain a consistent loading order of the plug-ins over what was happening with the pre 5.66x releases. so what you've done is the way to do it if you want something else to be handling mkv files.

Andre.Ziegler: the crash reports didn't provide a specific reason for the crash and is seemingly specific to something in your setup (i've not seen other crash reports showing a similar stack trace).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2013, 11:34   #212
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi r.e.e.d,

In addition to removing Nullsoft video decoders for corresponding 3rd party directshow decoders, it may be helpful to add the format extension (e.g. mkv) to the configuration for the Nullsoft DirectShow Decoder (in_dshow.dll).

Old 2nd December 2013, 12:14   #213
r.e.e.d

Dro: it took me a while to figure out, and i believe this info need to be shared.
also, in_mkv should be disabled or not installed on free version of Winamp, when the user don't have a pro key, or at least play like MP4 videos. after all, AOL is not selling the pro key anymore.

Aminifu: i know that, my point is that the when installed on Free Winamp install, nullsoft matroska demuxer (in_mkv.dll) do not allow the use of directshow to play MKV, like happens with MP4 videos.
Old 2nd December 2013, 12:23   #214
DrO

well in_mkv.dll should really pass things onto in_dshow.dll (like in_avi.dll does) if it cannot cope with things. but that's a ship which has now sailed and it is mentioned in the help docs i believe about the ordering of things as we setup the ordering to be the best compromise without overly complicating the internal implementation with the time that was available.
Old 2nd December 2013, 12:26   #215
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.e.e.d View Post
Aminifu: i know that, ...
Ok, you didn't include configuring in_dshow.dll in your tip. No harm done.

Even though I have the Pro version, I prefer to use 3rd party decoders in place of several of the Nullsoft video decoders (mega K-Lite Codex Pack). The Nullsoft ones sometimes have trouble handling variations within a format that these don't.

Old 2nd December 2013, 12:40   #216
r.e.e.d

Quote:
Ok, you didn't include configuring in_dshow.dll in your tip.
sorry, due the fact that its well documented on the forum and everywhere on internet, I believed not be necessary to repeat this.
Old 2nd December 2013, 12:46   #217
ryerman
Major Dude

Quote:
Dro: it took me a while to figure out, and i believe this info need to be shared...
Thanks for posting.
I did need it to be shared.

Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Winamp 5.666, Bento Skin
ryerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2013, 12:58   #218
OlexijL

Send a message via AIM to OlexijL Send a message via Yahoo to OlexijL
Someone else can repro my autoplay issue?

I refer to http://forums.winamp.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=199
OlexijL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2013, 13:22   #219
DrO

nope and without a crash dump, there's little to work on determining what the issue might even be. and the appearance of Winamp in the list even with the other option disabled is down to how certain handling has to be done and without it, Winamp would not be associated correctly.
Old 2nd December 2013, 13:38   #220
zepper

Quote:
small installer/Matroska issue.

on free version (without pro key), with full install, Nulsoft matroska demuxer is installed, and is having conflict with directshow/CCCP, in_mkv.dll don't allow directshow play mkv's.
if someone have this problem just remove Nulsoft's matroska demuxer "in_mkv.dll" from plugins/input to play mkv videos
The problem with deleting in_mkv.dll is that we lose the native WEBM support. It is possible to use direct show for that as well, e.g ffdshow but I found that the native plugin worked a little better for some videos.
zepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2013, 13:45   #221
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi OlexijL,

I'm also not having a crash. Like you I don't select that option during install and use the pop-up list to select Winamp. It opens and plays the CDs with no problem.

I also disable the "use Sonic engine" option in in_cdda.dll (I do enable the "use MusicID" option). I don't use Winamp for burning, so I don't install the Sonic burning engine. I also have enabled the option to not load the library database at start-up. Maybe 1 or more of these things have something to do my success.

Old 2nd December 2013, 13:52   #222
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepper View Post
The problem with deleting in_mkv.dll is that we lose the native WEBM support. It is possible to use direct show for that as well, e.g ffdshow but I found that the native plugin worked a little better for some videos.
in_mkv is tried before in_dshow and as in_mkv is hard-coded to try to handle mkv files, that's why it's like it is and is why i refer back to my earlier comment that if there had been the time, then things could have been done a bit differently so it'd move from one to the other and behave in more of the manner being described. however, we needed to pick a specific load order of the plug-ins to resolve some other issues, and this is one of the side-effects with formats able to be handled by multiple plug-ins.
Old 2nd December 2013, 13:58   #223
zepper

Since I rarely watch .mkv videos I've decided to keep in_mkv installed for the .webm support. For mkv videos there's always VLC. I posted that to make people aware that if in_mkv is deleted webm goes with it just so they know in case they didn't already.
Old 2nd December 2013, 14:09   #224
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
The problem with deleting in_mkv.dll is that we lose the native WEBM support.
That is true, but the few webm videos I have tried in Winamp gave me picture without any sound. So I just play them in my browser or VLC instead. Do you have any audio issues with them in Winamp?

It's funny, but unlike you I have several mkv music videos.

Old 2nd December 2013, 14:23   #225
zepper

@Aminifu, no problem with sound as of yet. The native codec works better I have found for higher resolution videos where WMP handles those better with ffdshow. Not sure why all this is happening but since I prefer Winamp to all the other players I'll stick with in_mkv for now.
Old 2nd December 2013, 14:26   #226
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
@Aminifu, no problem with sound as of yet.
What version of in_mkv.dll are you using?

Old 2nd December 2013, 14:30   #227
zepper

@Aminifu, the latest version. So far it's been ok but if I do run into sound or playback problems then I'll go with direct show.
Old 2nd December 2013, 14:44   #228
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
@Aminifu, the latest version.
Ok, I was using v0.82 (before removing it), just wondering if you had the same. Winamp and video has always been rather 'hit and miss' for me. NP, I'm happy with my current config as you are with yours.

Old 2nd December 2013, 19:16   #229
OlexijL

@Aminifu: thanks. It was the Sonic Engine i installed. That was it. Now i wanna know how to burn without use of Sonic Engine...
Or for what is the Sonic Engine exactly for?

PS: If Sonic Engine produces a crash on some systems it would be better to do something about it.
Old 2nd December 2013, 19:32   #230
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlexijL View Post
@Aminifu: thanks. It was the Sonic Engine i installed. That was it. Now i wanna know how to burn without use of Sonic Engine...

PS: If Sonic Engine produces a crash on some systems it would be better to do something about it.
Impossible.

You can:

a. disable/remove Sonic, but then nobody is able to rip/burn audio CDs or see CD-Text

b. rewrite big parts of Winamp to get rid of it

And I'm sure that both won't happen.

Sonic always produced trouble on some systems. The whole engine is done by Sonic and fixes only can be provided by Sonic. the best solution would be a 3rd party replacement plugin for ml_discs/in_cdda, but you need someone who does it, which is a problem too.
Old 2nd December 2013, 19:53   #231
DrO

we ship the most current version of the Sonic engine available to us (but is EOL'd anyway) but like anything, it'll have issues and in the Winamp scenario, Winamp gets the blame for the issues in the libraries being used. same for the Gracenote / playlist generator crashes (which is the top crash issue that i've seen from the crash reports we do receive).

and really the only way to resolve most issues is a complete re-write of things but that involves time, money and resources (be that native - not happening now or as a 3rd party solution).
Old 2nd December 2013, 21:39   #232
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Please report all issues/bugs related to the German language file here/
Bitte melden Sie Fehler bezüglich der deutschen Sprachdatei hier:

Deutsche Sprachdatei Fehlerberichte/Verbesserungsvorschläge

I've moved some postings to the new thread.
Old 2nd December 2013, 21:51   #233
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
Better not, that's part of the Winamp installer since 5.66, the shipped version is newer than the one on the website.
I hope DrO will update his website, so that people do not overwrite the new version with the old.
oops, i'd completely missed this. i should probably just pull the download (which i've now done) to avoid issues as v3.5 included in the last 5.66x update does a better job than the v3.0.2 on there. though i really need to finish off a v4.0 update for that plug-in so it copes with the only other type of plug-in that i'm aware off which it cannot cope with.
Old 2nd December 2013, 22:37   #234
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
@DrO: Is it me or in this last release you managed to shrink a bit the right gap in ML?
nope, nothing was done about that aspect of things.
Old 3rd December 2013, 11:13   #235
r.e.e.d

Quote:

OlexijL:you don´t need disable Sonic, just try to not use the Windows autoplay.

I just reinstalled windows and winamp in a machine and got this error, and my suspicius is some conflict with Bento Skin, i did some testing, with Bento Skin, winamp has frozen, after restarting winamp, switching to classic before close winamp and reinserting the CD again, i didn't disabled sonic and for now, this problem has gone on my computer and i don't know why, even with bento and modern skin. i didn't tested with cPro yet.

my recommendation to reenable Sonic and test, to discard the possibility of missing or erroneous registry/config lines, also test with others skins..
Old 3rd December 2013, 11:37   #236
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:

Koopa and DrO have discussed the issues with Sonic and with the announced shutdown by AOL its too late to do anything about it. Winamp plays CDs just fine without the Sonic support and as I said, I don't use Winamp to burn CDs.

As for CD burning, it depends on the kind of burning you want to do. If its a data CD (just putting your files on it), I now use the feature provided with Windows 7. Winamp does not (and never did) burn data CDs anyway.

If its an audio CD, believe it or not, I now use the Windows Media Player. It does a good job and is simple to use.

I mostly use digital players now and rarely burn an audio CD.

Anyway, the technology is very mature now and there are plenty of free apps available to burn (and/or rip) CDs and DVDs. Some even handle Blu-Ray. In the past, I had good results with "StarBurn" for data, audio, and video CD/DVD burning (link below).

http://www.starburnsoftware.com/prod...rburn/overview

For serious CD ripping, I use "Exact Audio Copy" (link below). I've heard good things about "Audiograbber", but never tried it.

http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/en/

Old 3rd December 2013, 12:07   #237
svetlocrno

Before you shutdown, could we have a Jump to File manager (hotkey J) implemented into Big Component View as a tab, like it is with Visualization? Or even into Playlist, that would work too. This would make it easier not having to drag winamp away looking for queue manager undernearth it and it would probably fix the issue with this window's skin compatibility.

I will just keep using Winamp anyway for as long as music is available to people, but with this Winamp would be flawless

[EDITED: Moved to this thread, fits better]
svetlocrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2013, 12:15   #238
DrO

that can sort of be done already and just needs someone to modify the skin (which can be done irrespective of what's happening to Winamp) though there's some issues with what the skin engine can do in relation to it which is why it's not been natively done. but is one for the 3rd party community to do over it being done natively (which is not going to happen).
Old 3rd December 2013, 16:26   #239
OlexijL

@r.e.e.d: thanks, the only thing i needed is to disable Sonic Engine usage in in_cdda.dll . That solved all my crashes.
As for burning and ripping: it works, tested, since the Engine is installed.

For MKV playback i use MPC-HC, seems really good.
For burning i use Nero, but i do not burn often.
For ripping i use FreeRip 2.96. It is kinda old version, but it so good...
Old 4th December 2013, 02:39   #240
bootzero

So sad to see Winamp go. It has been my go to player since the mid 90s. Hopefully they will open up the source code so we can keep it going.
bootzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion