Old 16th February 2017, 06:40   #1801
GorillaCat

I've been using GoneMAD Music Player for a while, it's perfect aside from a bug that changes my eq preset every time I open it. Worth every penny.

Making a super dope user image for Windows 10 in Photoshop or Illustrator? Make it 448x448 to minimize artifacting from compression.
ReactOS - My Winamp Wishlist - Custom EQ - Playlists missing tracks on Android (Fixed?)
GorillaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2017, 16:10   #1802
jesseg

Quote:
Originally Posted by skribb View Post
Cool, I've never heard of Izotope before - gonna tryit out. I've always used OctiMax and Volume Logic (stacked). They are the best sound enhancers/DSPs for Winamp i've found.

Volume Logic is the successor to OctiMax but OM is a DSP and VL is a general plugin so they can be used in tandem. They're both by Plantronics (IIRC it was a small swedish developer who made the algorithm and was acquired by Plantroincs) but stopped being supported in 2010 or something.
It pretty much stopped being supported when the company was sold to Plantronics, which was long before 2010.

Leif Claesson, the developer, has kept very active since then. His "Linear Acoustic" processors handle around 85% of all TV now. He also has several processors with the #1 brand "Omnia" who does FM, AM, DAB, streaming, etc.

There's also been several flavors of "Breakaway" which is his consumer and broadcaster software audio processors for over 10 years now. The broadcasting versions have been unified into a single version that can have various combinations of licensing added to it, which you can find here: http://www.breakawayone.com/

The consumer version hasn't been updated to his new development framework yet, but you can still get that here: https://goo.gl/HiQ5rL ( claessonedwards.com ) for the silly low price of 30 bucks. To put that into perspective, a closely comparable broadcast audio processor from 20 years ago was $16,000 (one that's still used on the air in "hand me down" markets).

The next big update of Breakaway for consumers will likely be an APO so the users don't have to fiddle with buffer settings, routing through virtual soundcards, etc... which is over most people's heads. Not so much the people on this forum but the public at large yes.
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/win...essing-objects

Cheers
jesseg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2017, 12:16   #1803
skribb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesseg View Post
It pretty much stopped being supported when the company was sold to Plantronics, which was long before 2010.

Leif Claesson, the developer, has kept very active since then. His "Linear Acoustic" processors handle around 85% of all TV now. He also has several processors with the #1 brand "Omnia" who does FM, AM, DAB, streaming, etc.

There's also been several flavors of "Breakaway" which is his consumer and broadcaster software audio processors for over 10 years now. The broadcasting versions have been unified into a single version that can have various combinations of licensing added to it, which you can find here: http://www.breakawayone.com/

The consumer version hasn't been updated to his new development framework yet, but you can still get that here: https://goo.gl/HiQ5rL ( claessonedwards.com ) for the silly low price of 30 bucks. To put that into perspective, a closely comparable broadcast audio processor from 20 years ago was $16,000 (one that's still used on the air in "hand me down" markets).

The next big update of Breakaway for consumers will likely be an APO so the users don't have to fiddle with buffer settings, routing through virtual soundcards, etc... which is over most people's heads. Not so much the people on this forum but the public at large yes.
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/win...essing-objects

Cheers
Thanks a lot for the info, I forgot about Breakaway. Your post made me remember tho. I remember trying it out, but the virtual soundcard thing put me off it. I also recall it didn't sound any better than OM or VL (which might have been because of incompetence on my part).
skribb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2017, 12:55   #1804
AudreyBlair

Winamp is currently a 32-bit program, so you need to install the 32-bit version of ffdshow, not the 64-bit version, regardless of whether your OS is x64 (64-bit version has "64" in the filename, 32-bit version doesn't, heh).
AudreyBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2017, 07:50   #1805
motox22a

Agree with others...Winamp is already pretty much perfect (to me)...
But hey I'm kinda old school...

motox22a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2017, 08:13   #1806
musicf8
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to musicf8
Heh, I believe that's one of my main reasons why I could never switch to a mac (yes I know there is a neutered version of winamp for mac), i've used winamp for almost 2 decades. It's usually the first piece of software I install after a reformat and I believe is the longest software I have ever used exclusively, even longer than MS office.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Current status of Winamp 5.8: 9/14/2017

Winamp v5.63 (used w/ ml_ipod) bumping through Windows 10 Pro w/ Logitech Z-5500
musicf8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2017, 17:04   #1807
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by motox22a View Post
Hi motox22a,

I also think Winamp is pretty much perfect as is. I enjoyed seeing that old VU meter visualization plug-in in your screenshot. It is one of the best VU meter representations I was ever able to find. It's a shame that it's positioning controls only work well with classic skins.

I had forgot I had it. I stopped using it when I switched to mostly using modern skins. I even have that skin you're using in my classic skins collection.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2017, 19:34   #1808
motox22a

Yep I've been using Nucleo-Log Skin for about 20 years (with the occasional brief change to something else)...I never liked the newer skins most of which looked like some gamer UFO thing...I love the look of the old Classic receivers from the 70's (Like the Pioneer SX series which I had and stupidly sold back in 1992)...Nucleo-Log was the closest I ever saw to the same beautiful glowing panel they had...I'm also an Analog VU meter guy...I just love watching the needles bounce with the music...Whatever they do with Winamp I hope that the ability to use the old plugins and skins does not change...
BTW I also have this installed and working under WINE in Zorin 9.1...
Old 24th February 2017, 03:28   #1809
tapi0

At this point there is new Winamp beta called WACUP that can use old pugins and skins.
Though I'm not sure if that is going to be the new realese version they are making of.
tapi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2017, 14:59   #1810
Pawel

Send a message via ICQ to Pawel
Quote:
Originally Posted by tapi0 View Post
At this point there is new Winamp beta called WACUP that can use old pugins and skins.
WACUP is an independent project based on latest AOL build. It is not Winamp beta (however WACUP is in beta stage now) but is based on latest stable release of Winamp (5.666 build 3516). It is developed by former Winamp developer (DrO).

Winamp 5.8 beta is under development. It will be released as public beta when it will be ready.
Pawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2017, 15:10   #1811
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawel View Post
Winamp 5.8 beta is under development. It will be released as public beta when it will be ready.
It will be released as public beta WHEN THE LEGAL DEPT & TPTB of Radionomy thinks is ready...

https://twitter.com/Ed_Rich/status/817065613411713025

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2017, 12:23   #1812
shintoshio

I'd love to still use Winamp, but it just stopped reading CD's. I don't have AUX or USB in my car, so I still burn CD's. It just stays on: reading disc. I've been using Winamp for over 12 years now.
shintoshio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2017, 05:15   #1813
zepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by shintoshio View Post
I'd love to still use Winamp, but it just stopped reading CD's. I don't have AUX or USB in my car, so I still burn CD's. It just stays on: reading disc. I've been using Winamp for over 12 years now.
Maybe your cd player is wearing out? I had problems with cds playing in Windows 7 in Winamp but it was with the audio not channeling stereo properly. It wasn't the sound drivers since it did the same thing with a USB audio device. So I renamed "in_cdda.dll" in the plugins folder to "in_cdda.dll.old" and replaced it with the Winamp cdreader 2.0 beta 3 that you can get here:

http://www.free-codecs.com/cd_reader...n_download.htm

It can be configured in Options/Preferences/Plugins/Input. You got nothing to lose to try it, if it doesn't work just delete it and rename "in_cdda.dll.old" back but it performs beautifully for me.
zepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2017, 14:52   #1814
Magnus101

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicf8 View Post
Heh, I believe that's one of my main reasons why I could never switch to a mac (yes I know there is a neutered version of winamp for mac), i've used winamp for almost 2 decades. It's usually the first piece of software I install after a reformat and I believe is the longest software I have ever used exclusively, even longer than MS office.
I have used it for about 17 years now.
Everytime I try an "alternative" I always switch back again.

Problem is, now that Winamp hasn't been updated for years there have to be some securtiy holes that could make it vulnerable to attacks. I mean all the internet services that it has, even an own Web-browser, makes me feel less and less secure having it installed.

Makes me think twice to re-install it in my newly installed Windows 10 now (but I guess a new look at alternativeto.net and testing the latest "Contenders" (Usually Foobar2000, Clementine and AImp) there will give the same result as always. Although i think it has been a while since I went the alternative route. Always overly optimistic that they finally have catched up, but with the same negative result in the end!
Magnus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2017, 15:37   #1815
DJ-Garybaldy

Used Winamp since 1999 on and off...

Mind I don't use it that much these days as I've found another media player that suits me...

You could be right about the security holes in the software question is what are they...?

Proud user of RadioDJ FREE shoutcast automation software

Online: Twitter - Facebook - Mixcloud
DJ-Garybaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2017, 16:08   #1816
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus101 View Post

Problem is, now that Winamp hasn't been updated for years there have to be some securtiy holes that could make it vulnerable to attacks. I mean all the internet services that it has, even an own Web-browser, makes me feel less and less secure having it installed.

That is something to consider, however the last issues discovered in previous versions were all fixed in the current version. People who make it their business to look for (or report) security holes (like those who work for Secunia) have not reported finding anything new in the current Winamp version. Winamp no longer has the millions of users it once had. I believe the chances of someone using Winamp to successfully attack you are very small.

As for the Winamp web browsing features, it uses the Windows Internet Explorer engine and support libraries for this. If you delete IE, then the Winamp web browsing features will no longer work. By now, there are probably very few web sites that only work with IE, so most people can get along without it. In addition, Winamp's AOL sponsored web features no longer work anyway, so losing Winamp's few remaining general purpose web browsing features isn't a big deal, imo.

Old 3rd March 2017, 04:53   #1817
tapi0

IMO there is too much features in Winamp anyways.
Atleast I use Winamp only to listening streams and mp3's from my computers.
To me Winamp does not have to be Swiss army knife. It's fine to be very good chef knife.
Old 6th March 2017, 05:16   #1818
MrC_5150

Do you happen to have the install file for the VU Meters? I found an RAR at Sourceforge but it ain't workin'
MrC_5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2017, 14:30   #1819
Magnus101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
That is something to consider, however the last issues discovered in previous versions were all fixed in the current version. People who make it their business to look for (or report) security holes (like those who work for Secunia) have not reported finding anything new in the current Winamp version. Winamp no longer has the millions of users it once had. I believe the chances of someone using Winamp to successfully attack you are very small.

As for the Winamp web browsing features, it uses the Windows Internet Explorer engine and support libraries for this. If you delete IE, then the Winamp web browsing features will no longer work. By now, there are probably very few web sites that only work with IE, so most people can get along without it. In addition, Winamp's AOL sponsored web features no longer work anyway, so losing Winamp's few remaining general purpose web browsing features isn't a big deal, imo.
Yeah, Secunia doesn't see it as a problem. Although, I'm not sure if its due to being the latest version available (Therefore there are no updates available) or that Secunia themselves have done the extensive testing of Winamp? I mean do you really think they test all the apps that they check? Isn't it more of a checkup if you have the latest version of something installed?

Regarding the Internet Explorer dependance. Not sure if you can uninstall it completely in Windows 10. You can disable IE 11 in the "Windows features" part of programs. But I don't think it will get rid of the engine itself! (Not sure though). Maybe the newer edge is the default one now(And there is no way to turn it off in features. But I guess Winamp can't use its renderer)?
Magnus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2017, 17:31   #1820
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Yeah, Secunia doesn't see it as a problem. Although, I'm not sure if its due to being the latest version available (Therefore there are no updates available) or that Secunia themselves have done the extensive testing of Winamp? I mean do you really think they test all the apps that they check? Isn't it more of a checkup if you have the latest version of something installed?
Secunia was only given as an example. I don't know the details on how they conduct their investigations. I am confident that enough is done to avoid promoting false information. There are several other organizations that investigate security exploits. I don't know how many of them check Winamp. I only know that no new exploits have been reported in the last 3 years.

In general, any sufficiently complex pc app can be compromised. I believe that due to the current nature of the global internet, and the wide spread use of social media, any dangerous wide-spread exploit would be noticed and reported rather quickly. I hope the current Winamp user base is still large enough to support this optimistic belief.

There will always be some risk in using any computer software. However, I believe the risk of using the current version of Winamp, at this time, is acceptable.

Quote:
Regarding the Internet Explorer dependance. Not sure if you can uninstall it completely in Windows 10. You can disable IE 11 in the "Windows features" part of programs. But I don't think it will get rid of the engine itself! (Not sure though). Maybe the newer edge is the default one now(And there is no way to turn it off in features. But I guess Winamp can't use its renderer)?
Disabling a feature may not involve uninstalling in all cases. It usually does if doing so will avoid wasting an extensive amount of storage space.

It is also true that the uninstallers that come with some apps and the OS uninstaller (and 3rd party uninstallers) sometimes do not completely remove all of an app's components or it's registry entries. However, it is possible to remove any software component manually. Most apps use unique components and shared components. There are several freely available apps that can trace and report on all the components that it and any other active app is using. Armed with this kind of report, it is then simple to delete the unique code (or move it offline) for any app that you want. It is harder, but not impossible, to also safely clean up entries left in the registry, but this is usually not necessary.

Microsoft was forced to remove unbreakable links between it's browser code and OS code years ago. I don't think they are trying to do that again with Windows 10.

Old 7th March 2017, 13:32   #1821
Dgonix_orenburg

Quote:

Is this true on Windows 10 Pro?
Dgonix_orenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2017, 02:05   #1822
MrC_5150

Quote:
Yep I've been using Nucleo-Log Skin for about 20 years (with the occasional brief change to something else)...I never liked the newer skins most of which looked like some gamer UFO thing...I love the look of the old Classic receivers from the 70's (Like the Pioneer SX series which I had and stupidly sold back in 1992)...Nucleo-Log was the closest I ever saw to the same beautiful glowing panel they had...I'm also an Analog VU meter guy...I just love watching the needles bounce with the music...Whatever they do with Winamp I hope that the ability to use the old plugins and skins does not change...
BTW I also have this installed and working under WINE in Zorin 9.1...

Do you happen to have the install file for the analog VU meters? If so, could I have a copy?? Please?
Old 8th March 2017, 04:32   #1823
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi MrC_5150,

The installation file for that plug-in is in the attached zip file.

Attachment 53061

Sorry, I had to remove the file above. I found out after I uploaded it that it is not the complete installer. I will find and upload the correct file tomorrow.

Old 8th March 2017, 16:07   #1824
MrC_5150

Quote:
Hi MrC_5150,

The installation file for that plug-in is in the attached zip file.

Attachment 53061

Sorry, I had to remove the file above. I found out after I uploaded it that it is not the complete installer. I will find and upload the correct file tomorrow.
Hi Aminifu,

Cool beans! Thanks so much!!
Old 8th March 2017, 19:28   #1825
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC_5150 View Post
Hi Aminifu,

Cool beans! Thanks so much!!
I was not able to find the installer, so I zipped up the plug-in's files from my configuration. Shutdown Winamp and copy these files to your configuration. The "vu_meter.zip" contains the folder and sub-folders containing the support files for the plug-in. Copy them to your Winamp program's "Plugins" folder (thus creating a new sub-folder and sub sub-folders in the Plugins folder). The "vis_vu.zip" contains the "vis_vu.dll" file that you need to copy to the main "Plugins" folder.

Start Winamp and right-click on the main player window and select the "Visualization - Select plug-in..." context menu command (or use the <Ctrl+K> keyboard shortcut keys). Select the "BJR Labs - Stereo Analog VU Meter(RMS) v1.50" in the Winamp Preferences Visualization plug-ins window that opens. Then use the "Plug-in module:" selection box (near the bottom of this window) to select the "Small Integrated Analog VU" module from it's drop-down list. Finally click on the "Start" button to start the VU meter running, then click the "Close" button to close the Winamp Preferences window.

You need to right-click on the VU meter to get to it's position configuration controls.

vu_meter.zip
vis_vu.zip

Old 8th March 2017, 20:20   #1826
MrC_5150

Quote:
I was not able to find the installer, so I zipped up the plug-in's files from my configuration. Shutdown Winamp and copy these files to your configuration. The "vu_meter.zip" contains the folder and sub-folders containing the support files for the plug-in. Copy them to your Winamp program's "Plugins" folder (thus creating a new sub-folder and sub sub-folders in the Plugins folder). The "vis_vu.zip" contains the "vis_vu.dll" file that you need to copy to the main "Plugins" folder.

Start Winamp and right-click on the main player window and select the "Visualization - Select plug-in..." context menu command (or use the <Ctrl+K> keyboard shortcut keys). Select the "BJR Labs - Stereo Analog VU Meter(RMS) v1.50" in the Winamp Preferences Visualization plug-ins window that opens. Then use the "Plug-in module:" selection box (near the bottom of this window) to select the "Small Integrated Analog VU" module from it's drop-down list. Finally click on the "Start" button to start the VU meter running, then click the "Close" button to close the Winamp Preferences window.

You need to right-click on the VU meter to get to it's position configuration controls.

Attachment 53068
Attachment 53069
I'm stylin' now!! Thank you much!!!!
Old 8th March 2017, 20:26   #1827
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC_5150 View Post
I'm stylin' now!! Thank you much!!!!
Glad to hear it's working for you. Enjoy!

Old 8th March 2017, 21:14   #1828
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
This should probably be in the "News" Section

https://twitter.com/DrBigDingus/stat...51345751347201
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	APC - 2017.03.08 15.12 - 001.3d.jpg
Views:	539
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	53070  
Juanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2017, 21:19   #1829
musicf8
Major Dude

I heard that the new winamp will be release when the 'count to 1 million' thread reaches 1 million

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Winamp v5.63 (used w/ ml_ipod) bumping through Windows 10 Pro w/ Logitech Z-5500
Old 10th March 2017, 00:23   #1830
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

In the meantime... there's a new beta of cPro 2!! >> http://forums.skinconsortium.com/ind...&threadID=2503

A couple of long requested bug fixes + v2 of Aluminum skin!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cpro2.png
Views:	6060
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	53078  

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2017, 22:59   #1831
motox22a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgonix_orenburg View Post
Is this true on Windows 10 Pro?
Sure...Runs fine in Windows 10 (PRO and HOME...I have it installed on both 32-bit)...I also have it working in Linux (Zorin 9.1 which is a variation of Lubuntu) under WINE...
Old 11th March 2017, 10:28   #1832
tapi0

I have Winamp running on 64bit Windows 10 Pro.
Old 18th March 2017, 17:50   #1833
chros

Thanks for uploading the Analog VU meter plugin!
Unfortunately it doesn't work with modern skin: I really like the simple colors of modern citrus Even ClockAmp has a modern citrus skin.

Winamp 5.581 (DirectSound out) + ClockAmp 2.6 + mp3cue 5.0
MSI GE60(i73630QM,16GB,IntelHD4000(v10.18.10.4358)+GeForceGT650m(2GB,v355.98)+muxless,1920x1080@60Hz,Plextor M5M 256GB SSD,Win8.1x64+MPC-HCx64+LAV+MadVR)+Yamaha RX-830+LG 55LD650(1080p@24/25/30/60Hz)
chros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2017, 21:12   #1834
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by chros View Post
Thanks for uploading the Analog VU meter plugin!
Unfortunately it doesn't work with modern skin: I really like the simple colors of modern citrus Even ClockAmp has a modern citrus skin.
Yeah, that's what I was talking about in post #1807 above. The Analog VU meter plug-in is hard coded to position itself relative to the main player window in classic skins. When using modern skins, the default classic main player window is hidden off screen. On my computer this causes the VU meter to only appear in the lower left hand corner of my monitor when I use it with modern skins.

So it works for me with modern skins, but not being able to re-position it is awkward so I usually don't use it with modern skins.

Old 19th March 2017, 08:44   #1835
chros

Quote:
On my computer this causes the VU meter to only appear in the lower left hand corner of my monitor when I use it with modern skins.
Oh, thanks, now it makes sense: it just flashes for me for a second when it starts. The reason behind this is I have extended desktop enabled all the time (due to the use of my AVR with HDMI) and this extended desktop is hidden!
So it renders the usefulness of that meter to zero for me

MSI GE60(i73630QM,16GB,IntelHD4000(v10.18.10.4358)+GeForceGT650m(2GB,v355.98)+muxless,1920x1080@60Hz,Plextor M5M 256GB SSD,Win8.1x64+MPC-HCx64+LAV+MadVR)+Yamaha RX-830+LG 55LD650(1080p@24/25/30/60Hz)
Old 19th March 2017, 18:24   #1836
Aminifu
Forum King

Winamp was released by Nullsoft in 1997 and sold to AOL 2 years later. It has been over 9 years since the last major update of Winamp's core code. Hardware and software coding techniques and APIs have evolved a great deal since then.

The Winamp desktop app (after 19 years) and many of it's plug-ins only work as well as they do because Microsoft must continue to support legacy code as much as possible.

After 2007, AOL decided not to invest in any more major updates of the desktop app's core code. A relatively brief effort (during 2010 and 2011) was made to port Winamp to other platforms. A major attempt to fix several 'bugs' in the Winamp desktop app's core code was completed in 2013.

Winamp's current owner (sold to Radionomy in 2014) seems to have made the same investment decision related to major upgrades. It appears that any major upgrades (or plug-in support) going forward will depend on hacks by clever 3rd party developers.

I started using Winamp in 1998 and have tried many other apps since then. IMO, it is still the best available app (mainly due to it's support of plug-ins) for playing and managing many digital music formats on the Windows desktop.

Old 19th March 2017, 19:50   #1837
chros

Quote:
I started using Winamp in 1998 and have tried many other apps since then. IMO, it is still the best available app (mainly due to it's support of plug-ins) for playing and managing many digital music formats on the Windows desktop.
Agreed! I also started to use it the first time when it became available on Win95!
The biggest mistake was (by whom?) to try to include video player capabilities into it. Probably lot of effort went into it.
We don't need it at all, instead it should be removed from it.

Old 19th March 2017, 20:01   #1838
musicf8
Major Dude

Quote:
The biggest mistake was (by whom?) to try to include video player capabilities into it. Probably lot of effort went into it.
Agreed!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Old 19th March 2017, 23:27   #1839
tapi0

Quote:
I agree.
I have never used it.
I rather use Media Player Classic or VLC.
Old 19th March 2017, 23:33   #1840
musicf8
Major Dude

I mostly played with it when it first came out, especially the NSV channels they had, but yeah mpc is perfect because I have winamp opened 24/7 so when I watch a video I dont want to interrupt my current music playlist

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion