Old 2nd December 2014, 01:25   #1
llandyw

Send a message via AIM to llandyw Send a message via Yahoo to llandyw
WinampProxy

I've been rewriting what used to be a popular program for maintaining your music library.

Rewriting since no source code is available for it anywhere, and the author doesn't respond to email.

Anyway, am using WinampProxy with it, but found it deficient in several aspects. No get volume method, no toggle playlist window, both of which were needed. Also added access via property where possible (such as x = Volume, Volume = y). The volume value is also updated during the regular polling period.

Still, I think it could be more comprehensive, so if anyone has any ideas of what can be added, I'd be glad to hear them.

As far as the other project, it's pretty much in it's beginnings. Have most of the GUI done, but might be missing something buried deep somewhere. I am trying to keep the GUI as close to the original as possible for those familiar with it. I am writing it in C#. It was originally done in FoxPro. I have added the ability to use SQL Server or locally created Access database files. SQL Server is automatically detected, but the connection strings can be changed in preferences to allow for remote servers.

Since it's in it's beginnings, there's no database being created using music files yet although creation, table creation, insert, etc. routines are working with test code. I do have it fully hooked into Winamp though. There were 3 other players supported by the original, but I don't even know if anyone uses those any more.

Andy
llandyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2014, 00:57   #2
emw1909

Winamp Proxy

I am using Winamp Proxy. Would be interested in what you are doing to improve it. I created my own interface and am using winamp to play the audio etc... What I am really interested in is launching Milkdrop visualization from winamp proxy.....
emw1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2014, 03:56   #3
llandyw

Send a message via AIM to llandyw Send a message via Yahoo to llandyw
I don't remember seeing an API call that allows access to plugins. Might be able to do it by hooking in through the GUI, but I hadn't planned on trying to figure out all the GUI control IDs in order to do it.

Andy
llandyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development