Old 1st June 2015, 00:53   #1
silversilver

Revenue Tab working when?

Does anyone know when this will be working?
silversilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2015, 08:56   #2
silversilver

Anyone? I heard start of July but that didn't happen either.
Old 9th July 2015, 03:18   #3
RaylanFernandes

I'm also waiting, I hope it's soon
RaylanFernandes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2015, 03:27   #4
DrO

for DNAS+ streams, my understanding is it should become available once the next DNAS build is released (and installed) along with a slew of other aspects becoming available (so any delays on that page working are due to delays with the newer DNAS being ready for release for production usage). if it's not DNAS+ that is being referred to, you would be better emailing support directly about account issues than using a public forum for such matters.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2015, 21:33   #5
r_mazur

Revenue Tab

Your guess is as good as mine. Question is when will they start paying out. My station has been playing the ads for 2+ months and I haven't seen a penny yet.
r_mazur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2015, 00:19   #6
silversilver

I'm hoping they are tracking the ad impressions and just the reporting isn't working.
Old 16th July 2015, 08:05   #7
ram130

Send a message via AIM to ram130 Send a message via Yahoo to ram130
I hear some stations have gotten payed. So maybe there is a minimum. The way Radionomy deals with all of this is just plain LAZY and slow. Money is involve but they don't take it serious. Maybe next year we will see a new build and revenue monitor. Then 5 years later an app to make it much easy.

My more important question is when will we have more ads in more countries and more regular ad sets. Tired of only getting a days worth of ads then the entire week no more ads play.

#Annoyed.

Ramon
ram130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2015, 00:59   #8
silversilver

Bump, nearly August now... was suppose to be July.
Old 30th July 2015, 02:57   #9
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
for DNAS+ streams ... it should become available once the next DNAS build is released (and installed) ... (so any delays on that page working are due to delays with the newer DNAS being ready for release for production usage)
and as there isn't a newer public DNAS release then 2.4.7 (yet), that's why DNAS+ still doesn't have it. and the reality is that sometimes software will be delayed despite best intentions (especially with hefty re-writes to improve and resolve all prior issues and resolve new issues raised during beta testing).

if it's not DNAS+ that you're referring to (as tbh, I don't know what station you're associated with or even if you're someone I should know but don't recognise the user name(s) ), then as previously mentioned, it's better to raise a ticket directly with support.
Old 30th July 2015, 03:30   #10
silversilver

I'm referring to streaming service, ie. the control panel revenue tab. Your comment might be related I'm not sure...
Old 30th July 2015, 03:38   #11
DrO

streaming service issues need to go via main support, not via the forum.
Old 30th July 2015, 03:47   #12
silversilver

I'm directly emailing JW, perhaps he is no longer working with Shoutcast? It is why I took to the forums.
Old 2nd August 2015, 01:44   #13
silversilver

Got an reply from JW. The dev's got pulled onto another project at the last minute and the revenue tab will be in at the end of Aug. Fingers crossed.
Old 5th August 2015, 14:25   #14
ram130

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversilver View Post
Got an reply from JW. The dev's got pulled onto another project at the last minute and the revenue tab will be in at the end of Aug. Fingers crossed.
Thanks. Their focus is all over the place. It's why they not growing as much.

Ramon
Old 26th August 2015, 14:12   #15
darryl505

hey all. im just a bit confused here. We have been running ads for months and I dont have a way to know if we have even made a dime. Are there ANY payments that have been made yet or are we just waiting for the stats to work to see how much we have made thus far? Is there any way to find out how much we have made thus far?
darryl505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2015, 14:15   #16
DrO

please email support directly (as per my signature) as an open forum is not the best place to discuss specific financial details (which is not something I'm involved with so I cannot answer anyway).
Old 26th August 2015, 20:09   #17
ram130

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl505 View Post
hey all. im just a bit confused here. We have been running ads for months and I dont have a way to know if we have even made a dime. Are there ANY payments that have been made yet or are we just waiting for the stats to work to see how much we have made thus far? Is there any way to find out how much we have made thus far?
From my experience they don't care. This is low on their list to get done. Just look at the progress they haven't made with ads going into new regions.

Ramon
Old 26th August 2015, 20:19   #18
darryl505

Thanks,

I wasn't really asking for financial details and i didn't mean to cause a riot. lol so i apologize. the last 3 Support emails seem to have not been answered but i was only asking if we should even be expecting payouts.

Ill open another support ticket and see what happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
please email support directly (as per my signature) as an open forum is not the best place to discuss specific financial details (which is not something I'm involved with so I cannot answer anyway).
Old 26th August 2015, 20:53   #19
DrO

you're not causing a riot, just as I don't know the specifics of such matters when it's relating to revenue, that's why it's better to email support (and if there's no reply to that then pm me and I'll chase up people as best I can).
Old 27th August 2015, 11:10   #20
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl505 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram130 View Post
From my experience they don't care. This is low on their list to get done. Just look at the progress they haven't made with ads going into new regions.
We do care.

Hopefully, the Revenue tab will be working after the next major site update.
Everything is recorded in the database, so you won't miss out on any due payments.

The recommended contact link for questions about revenue is:

BroadcastNow > Streaming Service > Show More > "If you have a question or want to know more about this product? Ask us!"

Those will go straight to the relevant department instead of tech support.
DJ Egg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2015, 15:11   #21
darryl505

Thanks DJ Egg,

Ill definitely try that.
Old 28th August 2015, 01:07   #22
silversilver

egg; When is the next next major site update due?
Old 3rd September 2015, 09:15   #23
Unknown Artist

Definitely also interested, I was wondering if I was missing something for monetization. I guess I'll ride this out for a little bit.

What I do with SHOUTcast otherwise on TuneIn
Unknown Artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2015, 10:51   #24
deivids

I was searching all over google how much revenue will I get from 1 add played to 1 listener, couldn`t find the answer... Anyone here, what are approximate rates? Is it 0.01 cent per listener or how the revenue is calculated? Thanks.
deivids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2015, 17:53   #25
atomradio

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Egg View Post
We do care.

Hopefully, the Revenue tab will be working after the next major site update.
Everything is recorded in the database, so you won't miss out on any due payments.

The recommended contact link for questions about revenue is:

BroadcastNow > Streaming Service > Show More > "If you have a question or want to know more about this product? Ask us!"

Those will go straight to the relevant department instead of tech support.
You're not really upholding to your own agreement. I have yet to see a report or have been paid out and I've been streaming your ads for a couple of months now.

7. Revenue
SHOUTcast shall share with Provider a percentage of its revenue as calculated according the rates shown in Exhibit A. Monetization shall begin on the first of the month following the signing of this agreement.

SHOUTcast will provide monthly reports to the Provider detailing the revenue generated in a given month as a result of the Service (the Monthly Report). The Monthly Report will be published on the Provider’s users page within 30 days of the last day of the month about which the Monthly Report details. SHOUTcast will compensate Provider based on Station report 120 days after closing the month and following the Provider’s payment request.

Provider may ask once a year for an independent auditor report on the Net revenue received by SHOUTcast. This report shall be proceeded at the Provider’s own expenses.
atomradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2015, 19:13   #26
ram130

Honestly, I felt they are lazy with this. Even if you have not earn anything, show some stats at least so we know. The way they communicate updates, expected "live" dates and what's next is very non existent. RMO is so broken for self hosted shoutcast that I don't even go to it anymore. It still shows my last played track from a few months ago. Nothing current, nothing useful.

Ramon
Old 22nd January 2016, 18:40   #27
RaylanFernandes

Nothing yet?
Old 22nd January 2016, 19:38   #28
ram130

Check back in 2017.

Ramon
Old 9th March 2016, 00:59   #29
silversilver

JW left shoutcast, there is no one in charge of this anymore I'm guessing. I don't even know who to email to yell at for statements by emails.
Old 13th March 2016, 01:21   #30
mattauckland

Who knows. Vivendi, who also owns Universal Music Group, recently bought 64.4% of shares in Radionomy.

Kinda makes you wonder what's going on at Radionomy these days, or even going forwarded. Especially as the last DNAS release was March 2015.

I did see and test a beta of the new version, but not even sure if it'll see the light of day.
mattauckland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2016, 04:36   #31
silversilver

Noticed the page is there now but all the figures are zero. I know this isn't a fact of my account because I received figures directly earlier this year for last year and they were not zero
Old 30th March 2016, 14:10   #32
mattauckland

I take it your earns are good?

I've still building my listener base, as I'm only 2 months in, but I'm already doing great numbers according to the Shoutcast Analytics web app I built. Useful for tracking the listenership.
Old 31st March 2016, 01:50   #33
silversilver

Well a few hours later the page is back to "coming soon".

Earns depend on your listeners numbers but its not as much as they "projected" in meetings with them.
Old 31st March 2016, 03:04   #34
mattauckland

Ah, gotcha. lol Sounds like they're still developing that section, turning it on to test, and then shutting it down again.

Well it'll be interesting to see if a new DNAS gets released this year. The beta I'm running features some of the new items which where due last year, and it has been a while since the last release.

I guess we'll wait and see.
Old 31st March 2016, 06:36   #35
Deivs

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversilver View Post
Well a few hours later the page is back to "coming soon".

Earns depend on your listeners numbers but its not as much as they "projected" in meetings with them.
Where do you see the revenue tab? I don`t find it under admin panel.
Deivs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2016, 08:20   #36
silversilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deivs View Post
Where do you see the revenue tab? I don`t find it under admin panel.
https://rmo.shoutcast.com/Revenue
Old 16th August 2016, 19:26   #37
RaylanFernandes

Still no news :'(
Old 16th August 2016, 19:53   #38
darryl505

i think this might be a pipe dream
Old 17th August 2016, 00:15   #39
mattauckland

Revenue is working in the latest builds, but you do need to be on the latest builds to see it, and register your server(s) up to rmo.shoutcast.com.

I prefer not to use there ad system, even though I have the option too, as I'm currently sorting out my own ad deals.
Old 17th August 2016, 01:23   #40
darryl505

really? i have the latest build and my stations are registered. when i go to the revenue tab all i see is information on how to trigger ads. Are you saying that you see something different?
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Streaming Service & Monetization