Old 1st June 2015, 10:12   #1
Tohno_Neil

Hotkeys won't work.(problem)

Winamp 5.666.

It too hard to describe how it happened,but it happened.

Bugs?

Ctrl+V (Always happen)

Z X C V B (Sometimes)

When I restart winamp,there's no problem.

Where going to my love?
Tohno_Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2015, 00:05   #2
DrO

you'd need to provide http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins (though it's probably something else interfering with things like keyboard drivers or other software which is injecting itself into Winamp / other processes [as nVidia caused ~a decade ago]).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2015, 12:15   #3
Tohno_Neil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
you'd need to provide http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins (though it's probably something else interfering with things like keyboard drivers or other software which is injecting itself into Winamp / other processes [as nVidia caused ~a decade ago]).
I guess there is no uesful information include in this Report.
http://forums.winamp.com/attachment....1&d=1433333601

my Laptop - HP g4-1060tx

Computer:
Computer Type ACPI x64-based PC (Mobile)
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
OS Service Pack Service Pack 1
DirectX DirectX 11.1

Motherboard:
CPU Type Mobile DualCore Intel Core i5-2410M, 2700 MHz (27 x 100)
Motherboard Name Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion g4 Notebook PC
Motherboard Chipset Intel Cougar Point HM65, Intel Sandy Bridge
System Memory 4043 MB (DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM)
DIMM1: SK Hynix HMT125S6BFR8C-H9 2 GB DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM (9-9-9-24 @ 666 MHz) (8-8-8-22 @ 609 MHz) (7-7-7-20 @ 533 MHz) (6-6-6-17 @ 457 MHz) (5-5-5-14 @ 380 MHz)
DIMM3: Elpida EBJ21UE8BFU1-DJ-F 2 GB DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM (10-9-9-24 @ 666 MHz) (9-9-9-24 @ 666 MHz) (8-8-8-22 @ 609 MHz) (7-7-7-20 @ 533 MHz) (6-6-6-17 @ 457 MHz) (5-5-5-14 @ 380 MHz)
BIOS Type Insyde (01/24/2013)

Display:
Video Adapter Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
Video Adapter Radeon (TM) HD 6470M (1 GB)
3D Accelerator AMD Radeon HD 6470M (Seymour)
3D Accelerator Intel HD Graphics 3000
Monitor AU Optronics B140XW01 V8 [14" LCD]
Attached Files
File Type: zip Winamp_Info_Report_06-03-2015.zip (8.0 KB, 291 views)

Where going to my love?
Old 3rd June 2015, 12:30   #4
DrO

you have a lot of 3rd party plug-ins (input, general and ml) so any of them could be responsible.

so as a start, you should make sure that you're using current versions and if that doesn't help, run Winamp in it's "safe mode" to see if that helps.

also I don't recognise the modern skin that you're using and would suggest trying a different skin (one of the official ones) to see if that makes a difference or not (as modern skins can mess with the handling of hotkeys and could be a skin related bug).
Old 3rd June 2015, 13:12   #5
Tohno_Neil

Quote:
also I don't recognise the modern skin that you're using and would suggest trying a different skin (one of the official ones) to see if that makes a difference or not (as modern skins can mess with the handling of hotkeys and could be a skin related bug).
used skin : gaia_trinity_v2 (Original graphics and idea is from XeroTrinity, Victhor fixed lots of stuff)

The skin original format is .zip file,I just unzip it,and zip it,that cause the problem?

Other question : "24 Bit Output"? When I palyback .flac file(16bit ,44.1 KHz),
why the ds_out plug-in show Output format is 24 Bit ?

Where going to my love?
Old 3rd June 2015, 13:35   #6
DrO

how the skin is loaded is not an issue, it's more what the skin might be doing which might be the issue (as modern skins can do a lot more and so can lead to weird issues). hence the suggestion of trying one of the official skins which are better known for how they work.

if you set 24-bit output, then that's what Winamp is going to try to provide. even if the input media is not 24-bit and so it gets up-sampled to become 24-bit (which doesn't affect the audio as you're not adding anything to the data). but if you're primarily playing media that is only 16-bit, having Winamp run in 24-bit mode is not going to magically improve the audio quality.
Old 3rd June 2015, 13:51   #7
Tohno_Neil

Quote:
how the skin is loaded is not an issue, it's more what the skin might be doing which might be the issue (as modern skins can do a lot more and so can lead to weird issues). hence the suggestion of trying one of the official skins which are better known for how they work.
There is the report:
http://forums.winamp.com/attachment....1&d=1433339476

Quote:
if you set 24-bit output, then that's what Winamp is going to try to provide. even if the input media is not 24-bit and so it gets up-sampled to become 24-bit (which doesn't affect the audio as you're not adding anything to the data). but if you're primarily playing media that is only 16-bit, having Winamp run in 24-bit mode is not going to magically improve the audio quality.

If I turn off the 24-bit output,and palyback media file(24bit ,48 KHz),
then winamp will down-sampled to become 16bit/44.1 KHz?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Winamp_Info_Report_06-03-2015.zip (8.0 KB, 288 views)

Where going to my love?
Old 3rd June 2015, 13:56   #8
DrO

i don't need to see a new report if you've only changed the skin. you need to do what I've said (plug-in updates, run in safe mode, etc) and see if that helps with the issue that you're having (which I cannot replicate).

yes it will most likely down-sample. I don't know what media you have or why you've decided to enable 24-bit output. if you have media that is 24-bit then enable the option, otherwise it adds no benefit if the media is already 16-bit.
Old 3rd June 2015, 14:35   #9
Tohno_Neil

Quote:
i don't need to see a new report if you've only changed the skin. you need to do what I've said (plug-in updates, run in safe mode, etc) and see if that helps with the issue that you're having (which I cannot replicate).
plug-in updates?--they all are the lastest version.

safe mode?--Compatible Mode? May be helpful.

Quote:
yes it will most likely down-sample. I don't know what media you have or why you've decided to enable 24-bit output. if you have media that is 24-bit then enable the option, otherwise it adds no benefit if the media is already 16-bit.
Those operations is so verbose!
I am too busy to do this:
If I turn off the 24-bit output,and I playback the .ape file (16bit ,44.1 KHz);
If I wanna playback the .ape file (hires,26bit ,48 KHz),AND I NEED go to the option, turn on the 24-bit output.

Like this:

Where is the problem?

Why winamp can't do this: Palyback same as the original file really are!

Where going to my love?
Old 3rd June 2015, 16:12   #10
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohno_Neil View Post
Why winamp can't do this: Palyback same as the original file really are! [/SIZE]
Winamp and Windows are not currently designed to automatically change to correctly handle bit depth and frequency sampling rate changes during playback. In the past most files were (and many still are) encoded at 16 bit, 44100 Hz. Since this is currently changing, I expect Windows (and Winamp) will be upgraded to handle this in the future.

I suggest you setup Windows (e.g. for 24 bit, 96000 Hz) and Winamp (i.e. for 24 bit) for the highest values any of your files are encoded at. Winamp and Windows will then upsample as necessary when the files that are encoded with lower values are played. The playback of upsampled files will not sound better or worse than when the playback is at the correct encoded settings. Of course, your sound hardware must also be able to handle the bit depth and frequency sampling rate. Yours can handle up to 24 bit, 192000 Hz. My old sound card can only handle up to 24 bit, 96000 Hz.

Winamp and Windows will also downsample files to match what the settings are (i.e. when you play a file that is encoded at higher values than what is setup). You may be able to hear a difference when a file is downsampled.

Finally, some DSP plug-ins do not handle 24 bit files and/or high sampling rates correctly. If the ones you're using have this problem, then you will need to downsample your files encoded with high values or find other DSP plug-ins.

These comments are for music files. Video files with multichannel (i.e. 6 channels or more) and/or high bit depth and frequency sampling sound tracks are a different problem. But there are workarounds for them too.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2015, 17:20   #11
Tohno_Neil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
I suggest you setup Windows (e.g. for 24 bit, 96000 Hz) and Winamp (i.e. for 24 bit) for the highest values any of your files are encoded at. Winamp and Windows will upsample as necessary when the files that are encoded with lower values are played. The playback of upsampled files will not sound better or worse than when the playback is at the correct encoded settings.

Winamp and Windows will also downsample files to match what the settings are (i.e. you play a file that is encoded at higher values than what is setup). You may be able to hear a difference when a file is downsampled.
high-resample

http://forums.winamp.com/showpost.ph...93&postcount=6

You say,IT'S NOT A GOOD IDEA!

When turn on Winamp 24bit output:
Original file (16bit,44.1k/Hz) → Winamp output (24bit,44.1k/Hz) → Windows output (24bit,96k/Hz)
or
Original file (24bit,48k/Hz) → winamp output (24bit,48k/Hz) → Windows output (24bit,96k/Hz)

When turn off winamp 24bit output:
Original file (16bit,44.1k/Hz) → Winamp output (16bit,44.1k/Hz) → Windows output (24bit,96k/Hz)
or
Original file (16bit,48k/Hz) → winamp output (16bit,48k/Hz) → Windows output (24bit,96k/Hz)

Quote:
Finally, some DSP plug-ins do not handle 24 bit files and/or high sampling rates correctly. If the ones you're using have this problem, then you will need to downsample your files encoded with high values or find other DSP plug-ins.
I JUST USE VST,as report said.

VST IS THE BEST,support even 64bit,192k/Hz pcm.

Where going to my love?
Old 3rd June 2015, 17:46   #12
Aminifu
Forum King

That post you linked to doesn't talk about bit depth and sampling rates, other than express my wish that higher values be supported going forward. I have not seen were upsampling hurts anything, except that some DSP plug-ins don't like it. Your report says that you are not using the DSPs you have installed. If you do decide to use either of them and they have this problem, then my comment in the prior post applies.

Like I (and DrO) said, Winamp will upsample/downsample the bit depth when told to, as necessary. It passes thru whatever the sampling rate the file is encoded at. Windows will upsample/downsample the bit depth and/or sampling rate to match what it is set for (in the control panel utility you provided the screenshot of), as necessary.

Downsampling may degrade the music quality, that's why I suggest setting up the applicable settings in both Winamp and Windows for the highest values your music is encoded at.

Even though VST supports 64 bit depth, your sound hardware doesn't support 64 bit (according to that same screenshot), so Windows will downsample that to 24 bit if 24 bit, 192000 Hz is selected (the highest available).

Old 3rd June 2015, 17:53   #13
DrO

Quote:
If I wanna playback the .ape file (hires,26bit ,48 KHz),AND I NEED go to the option, turn on the 24-bit output.
then leave the option on if it works for you!

if it plays then fine. if it doesn't, change it or get an updated in_ape (as that's 3rd party) to fix the issue.

Winamp will try to play it correctly, but it's not always down to Winamp how that audio actually gets played.
Old 3rd June 2015, 18:23   #14
Tohno_Neil

Quote:
I have not seen were upsampling hurts anything
Upsample/downsample will hurt Sound Quality,and twice resample will get worse result than once,
just like I say :

"When turn on Winamp 24bit output:
Original file (16bit,44.1k/Hz) → Winamp output (24bit,44.1k/Hz) → Windows output (24bit,96k/Hz)
or
Original file (24bit,48k/Hz) → winamp output (24bit,48k/Hz) → Windows output (24bit,96k/Hz)"

Other questions,Windows direct sound resample method always get good job done?

And why winamp can't do this: high-resample
Original file (24bit,192k/Hz) → winamp output (24bit,192k/Hz) → Windows output (24bit,192k/Hz)
Original file (24bit,96k/Hz) → winamp output (24bit,192k/Hz) → Windows output (24bit,192k/Hz)
Original file (24bit,48k/Hz) → winamp output (24bit,192k/Hz) → Windows output (24bit,192k/Hz)
Original file (16bit,44.1k/Hz) → Winamp output (24bit,192k/Hz) → Windows output (24bit,192k/Hz)

Quote:
then leave the option on if it works for you!

if it plays then fine. if it doesn't, change it or get an updated in_ape (as that's 3rd party) to fix the issue.

Winamp will try to play it correctly, but it's not always down to Winamp how that audio actually gets played.
In_ape Plug-in is not important there.

Where going to my love?
Old 3rd June 2015, 18:53   #15
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Upsample/downsample will hurt sound quality,and twice resample will get worse result than once,
just like I say :

"When turn on Winamp 24bit output:
or
Original file (24bit,48k/Hz) → winamp output (24bit,48k/Hz) → Windows output (24bit,96k/Hz)"
I agree that you don't want Winamp and Windows to both resample the same thing. Since you hear a difference when upsampling, then you need to manually set both Winamp and Windows to match the original files as closely as possible (e.g. original file is 16 bit, 44100 Hz, then disable Winamp's 24 bit output and set Windows to 16 bit, 44100 Hz or if original file is 24 bit, 48000 Hz, then enable Winamp's 24 bit output and set Windows to 24 bit, 48000 Hz.) Windows will not resample the bit depth or the sample frequency when they are set to match the original file's values and Winamp outputs them correctly.

To reduce the need to keep changing the setups, group the files with the same values together (with playlists). This is the best you can do, for now.

If you're looking for a bit-perfect reproduction of the original file, then you should probably disable Replay Gain and the Winamp equalizer.

Old 3rd June 2015, 19:55   #16
Tohno_Neil

Quote:
I agree that you don't want Winamp and Windows to both resample the same thing. Since you hear a difference when upsampling, then you need to manually set both Winamp and Windows to match the original files as closely as possible (e.g. original file is 16 bit, 44100 Hz, then disable Winamp's 24 bit output and set Windows to 16 bit, 44100 Hz or if original file is 24 bit, 48000 Hz, then enable Winamp's 24 bit output and set Windows to 24 bit, 48000 Hz.) Windows will not resample the bit depth or the sample frequency when they are set to match the original file's values and Winamp outputs them correctly.
As I said:

Quote:
Those operations is so verbose!
I am too busy to do this.

Where is the problem?

Why winamp can't do this: Palyback same as the original file really are!
Need for some better solution.

Quote:
To reduce the need to keep changing the setups, group the files with the same values together (with playlists). This is the best you can do, for now.
I'd like classify my music data file by music style,and I will remember its position.

Quote:
If you're looking for a bit-perfect reproduction of the original file, then you should probably disable Replay Gain and the Winamp equalizer.
Just like report say,I always use the cue player Plug-in,and I also have some .flac file (separated,include replay gain tag),when I set pre-amp to 0,and the Winamp equalizer to "flat",there is no different from Original file.

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=369733

Replay gain just affect on the separated files(.flac/.mp3/.m4v),and they must include replay gain tags.

Where going to my love?
Old 3rd June 2015, 20:32   #17
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Need for some better solution.
A guy in Russia was developing an output plug-in that resamples and remixes (if necessary) the original file's output to make the bit depth and sampling frequency and the number of output channels match that which is set in the Windows control panel sound utility or have Winamp's bit depth, sampling frequency, and the number of output channels match what is encoded in the original file. In either case the output is sent directly to the sound device driver and bypasses Windows processing. It was mostly finished and worked well except for some problems in the last release with it's configuration screen and minor compatibility issues with Winamp's Jump to File Extra plug-in. But no one has heard from him in over 2 years. Maybe he'll show back up.

A few people still use it ,even with it's issues (http://maiko.elementfx.com/ and http://maiko.elementfx.com/forum/index.php?topic=7.0). There is a long thread in the Development sub-forum (http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=302485), near the end is some discussion on remaining problems and how to work around the configuration issues.

Sound quality depends on far more than the digital music player, with or without it's 'enhancements' (replay gain, equalizing, etc). It starts with the quality of the digital file (especially if a lossy format like mp3 is used), then the quality of the digital to analog converters in the sound device hardware, and finally the quality of the output amp and speakers/headphones.

Last edited by Aminifu; 3rd June 2015 at 21:40.
Old 4th June 2015, 00:56   #18
Tohno_Neil

Quote:
high-resample

http://forums.winamp.com/showpost.ph...93&postcount=6

You say,IT'S NOT A GOOD IDEA!

When turn on Winamp 24bit output:
or
Original file (24bit,48k/Hz) → winamp output (24bit,48k/Hz) → Windows output (24bit,96k/Hz)

Original file (16bit,44.1k/Hz) → Winamp output (16bit,44.1k/Hz) → Windows output (24bit,96k/Hz)
or
Original file (16bit,48k/Hz) → winamp output (16bit,48k/Hz) → Windows output (24bit,96k/Hz)
I used smart phone until a little while ago,and now I turn on my laptop found the mistake,it should be:

or
Original file (24bit,48k/Hz) → winamp output (16bit,48k/Hz) → Windows output (24bit,96k/Hz)

Quote:
T Your report says that you are not using the DSPs you have installed.
I usually use Winamp VST Host plug-in:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=379620

Quote:
A guy in Russia was developing an output plug-in that resamples and remixes (if necessary) the original file's output to make the bit depth and sampling frequency and the number of output channels match that which is set in the Windows control panel sound utility or have Winamp's bit depth, sampling frequency, and the number of output channels match what is encoded in the original file. In either case the output is sent directly to the sound device driver and bypasses Windows processing. It was mostly finished and worked well except for some problems in the last release with it's configuration screen and minor compatibility issues with Winamp's Jump to File Extra plug-in. But no one has heard from him in over 2 years. Maybe he'll show back up.

A few people still use it ,even with it's issues (http://maiko.elementfx.com/ and http://maiko.elementfx.com/forum/index.php?topic=7.0). There is a long thread in the Development sub-forum (http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=302485), near the end is some discussion on remaining problems and how to work around the configuration issues.
Thanks and good luck.

Quote:
Sound quality depends on far more than the digital music player, with or without it's 'enhancements' (replay gain, equalizing, etc).
When I set pre-amp to 0, and the Winamp equalizer to "flat", they(replay gain, equalizing) accurately didn't work.

Where going to my love?
Old 4th June 2015, 01:03   #19
DrO

Quote:
I used smart phone until a little while ago,and now I found the mistake,it should be:

or
Original file (24bit,48k/Hz) → winamp output (16bit,48k/Hz) → Windows output (24bit,96k/Hz)
then leave 24-bit output on (as already said).

Quote:
I usually use Winamp VST Host plug-in:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=379620
which is not the active DSP according to your reports. so it doesn't matter as it's not being used.

Quote:
When I set pre-amp to 0, and the Winamp equalizer to "flat", they(replay gain, equalizing) accurately didn't work.
don't have the EQ enabled in that scenario. it does processing on the audio when not needed.
Old 4th June 2015, 01:23   #20
Tohno_Neil

Quote:
don't have the EQ enabled in that scenario. it does processing on the audio when not needed.
Well, let me show you.

There is my sound card IDT Audio Control Mini-panel:

http://forums.winamp.com/attachment....1&d=1433380620

By default,it set to "flat",and everytime I play music ,it alway affect on,and it will hurt nothing about "SQ".

"Flat" means no effect on the final result,there is no different from other Equalier,Winamp's own EQ included .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	aaa.JPG
Views:	379
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	51819  

Where going to my love?
Old 4th June 2015, 01:28   #21
DrO

that is not Winamp's own EQ as your posts implied.
/me walks away (especially as none of this has anything to do with the original issue).
Old 4th June 2015, 17:02   #22
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Well, let me show you.
Did using Winamp's Safe Mode (which disables all 3rd party plug-ins) or changing the UI skin allow the hotkeys to work consistently?

As to the other off topic stuff, the technical details on how Winamp and it's official plug-ins work is discussed elsewhere in these forums. Maybe you have not seen those posts.

In short, the frequency sampling value in a music file is passed on unchanged. The bit depth value output is either a 24 bit or 16 bit value (depending on whether the Playback "Allow 24bit" option is enabled or not). If the bit depth value in a music file has less than the number of bits selected for output, then an appropriate number of zeros are added to the front end of the file's value to make the value look like a 16 or 24 bit number. If the value in a music file has more bits than the number of bits selected, then the appropriate number of bits is dropped from the front end of the file's value. So this form of 'upsampling' will not change the original value, but this form of 'downsampling' will change (truncate) the original value.

This is why allowing Winamp to 'downsample' a music file's bit depth value should be avoided and allowing the value to be 'upsampled' will not change the original value. Other forms of resampling will use math techniques that change the original value when upsampling and downsampling. If a music file is supposed to have a bit depth value larger than 24 bits, then Winamp with it's official plug-ins will not be able to output it correctly. By default, Windows will also not handle such files correctly, so you need to use appropriate sound devices' apps/utilities that will bypass the Windows processing of these files.

Therefore to prevent bit depth and sampling frequency errors, you need to only use music files encoded with the bit depth and sampling frequency values that both your software and hardware can handle. There may already be stuff that can handle changes of these values 'on-the-fly' (i.e. automatically) with or without resampling. I have not heard of any and I assume they would be very expensive if they do exist, especially for high bit depths and/or high sampling frequency values.

As to the equalizers, your report says the Winamp equalizer is enabled with it's limiter turned on. This limiter tries to clip a music file's sound frequency values in any of the frequency bands that could cause distortion (i.e. when processing results in values greater than the variables used to store them can handle), even if the frequency band controls are set to their neutral setting (i.e. no increase or decrease). The equalizer associated with your sound device has it's preamp control (on the far left side) set to lower each sound frequencies output value before applying any changes to the frequency bands (according to your screenshot). So, in your setup, both of these equalizers are able to change a music file's sound frequencies values. If you don't want any possible changes, both of these equalizers should be turned off. The average user is probably best served by using only 1 equalizer or none if they want a bit-perfect reproduction of the original music file.

Finally, all equalizers are not designed to work the same way. One of the main things is that the width of the sound frequency bands can differ (even when they have the same number of bands). The "Flat" preset, in some, means no increases or decreases in the sound frequency bands. In others, the "Flat" preset (at a defined level) means to increase or decrease the values in each frequency band so that they all are set to the same maximum level.

Old 5th June 2015, 14:57   #23
Tohno_Neil

Quote:
Did using Winamp's Safe Mode (which disables all 3rd party plug-ins) or changing the UI skin allow the hotkeys to work consistently?
When I use the Bento skin and turn off the safe mode one day,those hotkeys works very well.
Maybe There is something wrong with the gaia_trinity_v2 (ues ClassProV2.01) skin?

plaese wait me test other skin...

Quote:
As to the other off topic stuff, the technical details on how Winamp and it's official plug-ins work is discussed elsewhere in these forums. Maybe you have not seen those posts.

In short, the frequency sampling value in a music file is passed on unchanged. The bit depth value output is either a 24 bit or 16 bit value (depending on whether the Playback "Allow 24bit" option is enabled or not). If the bit depth value in a music file has less than the number of bits selected for output, then an appropriate number of zeros are added to the front end of the file's value to make the value look like a 16 or 24 bit number. If the value in a music file has more bits than the number of bits selected, then the appropriate number of bits is dropped from the front end of the file's value. So this form of 'upsampling' will not change the original value, but this form of 'downsampling' will change (truncate) the original value.

This is why allowing Winamp to 'downsample' a music file's bit depth value should be avoided and allowing the value to be 'upsampled' will not change the original value. Other forms of resampling will use math techniques that change the original value when upsampling and downsampling. If a music file is supposed to have a bit depth value larger than 24 bits, then Winamp with it's official plug-ins will not be able to output it correctly. By default, Windows will also not handle such files correctly, so you need to use appropriate sound devices' apps/utilities that will bypass the Windows processing of these files.

Therefore to prevent bit depth and sampling frequency errors, you need to only use music files encoded with the bit depth and sampling frequency values that both your software and hardware can handle. There may already be stuff that can handle changes of these values 'on-the-fly' (i.e. automatically) with or without resampling. I have not heard of any and I assume they would be very expensive if they do exist, especially for high bit depths and/or high sampling frequency values.

As to the equalizers, your report says the Winamp equalizer is enabled with it's limiter turned on. This limiter tries to clip a music file's sound frequency values in any of the frequency bands that could cause distortion (i.e. when processing results in values greater than the variables used to store them can handle), even if the frequency band controls are set to their neutral setting (i.e. no increase or decrease). The equalizer associated with your sound device has it's preamp control (on the far left side) set to lower each sound frequencies output value before applying any changes to the frequency bands (according to your screenshot). So, in your setup, both of these equalizers are able to change a music file's sound frequencies values. If you don't want any possible changes, both of these equalizers should be turned off. The average user is probably best served by using only 1 equalizer or none if they want a bit-perfect reproduction of the original music file.

Finally, all equalizers are not designed to work the same way. One of the main things is that the width of the sound frequency bands can differ (even when they have the same number of bands). The "Flat" preset, in some, means no increases or decreases in the sound frequency bands. In others, the "Flat" preset (at a defined level) means to increase or decrease the values in each frequency band so that they all are set to the same maximum level.
Get it,thanks.

Where going to my love?
Old 5th June 2015, 16:17   #24
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Maybe There is something wrong with the gaia_trinity_v2 (ues ClassProV2.01) skin?
Maybe, or the functions could be mapped to other hotkey combinations. The cPro skin I use supports most of the default Winamp hotkey assignments and adds a few more of it's own.

Using hotkeys is faster than point & click, but I mostly use the mouse and right-click context menus since I use a lot of apps and often can't remember which hotkeys do what (beyond the basic combinations that work the same way in most apps).

Old 6th June 2015, 03:17   #25
Tohno_Neil

Quote:
Maybe, or the functions could be mapped to other hotkey combinations. The cPro skin I use supports most of the default Winamp hotkey assignments and adds a few more of it's own.
As a result of my test,when I use my other skins,those hotkeys works very well.

Quote:
Using hotkeys is faster than point & click, but I mostly use the mouse and right-click context menus since I use a lot of apps and often can't remember which hotkeys do what (beyond the basic combinations that work the same way in most apps).
It's very handy to ues hotkeys,just remember some uesful hotkeys.

Where going to my love?
Old 16th July 2015, 04:07   #26
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Wow... haven't seen this thread before and it all started on a skin "I did".. .

Auto note for me (to check tomorrow): Hotkeys stuff maybe due to "accelerator binds" declared on the skin.xml (I don't even know what that is!) or a matter of "wantfocus=1" interfering somewhere... (if it's this, it'll be a pain on the ass since the only way I could know is by comparing line by line with the original...)

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2015, 04:18   #27
Tohno_Neil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
Wow... haven't seen this thread before and it all started on a skin "I did".. .

Auto note for me (to check tomorrow): Hotkeys stuff maybe due to "accelerator binds" declared on the skin.xml (I don't even know what that is!) or a matter of "wantfocus=1" interfering somewhere... (if it's this, it'll be a pain on the ass since the only way I could know is by comparing line by line with the original...)
Please fix it,thanks.

Where going to my love?
Old 20th March 2017, 07:47   #28
uning1953

I had the same problem, icon of flower appears instead of Winamp icon, now problem solved, Thanks
uning1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports

Tags
hotkeys