Old 10th January 2016, 21:59   #1
ariszlo

Get rid of left-over menu entries

I am trying to replace the notifier of the Copperdeck II Winamp skin with the one provided by iron2000 so that it works with Winamp 5.666.

The new notifier works fine but 4 incompatible menu entries are left over in the right-click menu from the old notifier:
  • Display
  • Fade Out
How do you get rid of them?
Attached Files
File Type: wal Copperdeck_II_with_replaced_notifier.wal (521.7 KB, 67 views)
File Type: zip notifier_by_iron2000.zip (21.8 KB, 71 views)
ariszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2016, 07:24   #2
ariszlo

Alternatively, it would be even better to fix the skin's own notifier. Winamp 5.666 gives the following error message:

Guru Meditation #001C.008D179F.105 Null object called
scripts/notifier.maki

Does this error message mean that there is a syntax error in scripts/notifier.m? if so, what it is and how can it be fixed?

The WinCustomize page linked in the opening post gives a 500 (internal server error) status code, so here is the deviantArt page instead:

Copperdeck II by fduivenv on DeviantArt
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	copperdeck-notifier.png
Views:	72
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	52196  
Old 31st March 2016, 08:01   #3
ariszlo

Figured it out myself: removed the notifier-related lines from drawer.m, attribs.m and sysfunc.m and then recompiled visualization.maki, drawer.maki, sysfunc.maki, init.maki and shadesizepos.maki.

The result is here: Copperdeck II v2.2

The notifier is also updated.
Old 31st March 2016, 14:48   #4
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

A nice (an-sort-of-easy) fix for this skin (and probably for other old ones too) is to change the color of the "ML background text" that Winamp uses also for the menu, so sometimes it doesn't look good (or it isn't visible at all) on skinned menus. See attach, the black rectangle is the right click menu.. heh
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blackonblack.png
Views:	79
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	52326  

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2016, 15:13   #5
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

The gammagroup "ListText" is in charge of that color (which id is "wasabi.window.text"). It's linked with the list text (wich can be fixed if needed), changing it on each color theme should be enough. Do you use Color editor?

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 31st March 2016, 18:54   #6
ariszlo

I also noticed that most color themes are broken but I thought, and still think, that some of them (like Black-Black, absolutely mad) are simply badly designed.

No, I have not used the color editor yet. In fact, I have never designed a skin, just updated some old ones. But I know you are a master making colorthemes. Copperdeck II is not my skin, I have just updated it so why not fix it together?
Old 1st April 2016, 13:45   #7
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Heh, thanks, color themes was my introduction to Winamp's skins (I provided some CTs bundled with the first Winamp Modern skin!). I will fix it when I get some time and send you the skin file.

I know it's not a code "error" or bug, most of a design one, but I think we'll find a lot of this since "skinned menus" option was introduced on one of the latest Winamp's version, so a lot of previous skins (probably most of pre-2009 ones) didn't even consider it when coloring.

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 1st April 2016, 21:23   #8
ariszlo

Fixed the right-click menu by adding these lines to elements-color.xml:

PHP Code:
<color id="wasabi.popupmenu.background" value="225,225,225" gammagroup="ListBackground"/>
<
color id="wasabi.popupmenu.text.selected" value="255,120,22" gammagroup="Orange"/>
<
color id="wasabi.popupmenu.background.selected" value="0,0,0" gammagroup="Background"/> 
Old 26th September 2016, 20:06   #9
PeterK.

Do you also know the id for the divider lines in the Context Menu (=popupmenu)?

By the way (in case you are still interested): the red Guru Error Message ("No Object called") will appear if the script which is called is not able to find a bitmap file.
Let's assume, your script should hide a layer but the name and the link to the layer's id (in the xml file) is still missing in the System.OnScriptLoaded()

This is one of the common reason why the Guru message is shown.

Update: I just found the id's in another post of yours ...
PeterK. is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins