Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins

Old 7th October 2008, 07:40   #1
knowbase

Looking for skinner - VERY SIMPLE SKIN TEMPLATE ("classic-like" modern skin)

Hi,

As the title says, I'm looking for a skinner who is willing to provide me with a very simple skin template. I can provide you with all the details - I have already designed a skin on my own. However, I cannot show you the design itself.

As much as I'd love to, I simply do not have the time on my hands to learn how to code modern skins. I can, however, learn the very basics (studying and switching some codes around here and there ).

- Looking for a template in which I can easily replace the PNG files and position them accordingly in the code (so the images do not have to be positioned perfectly. It just has to BE THERE! )

- The skin will be used for MY OWN PERSONAL USE. Will not be edited and distributed.

Plans for the Desired Skin:
  • Windows: main window and playlist editor
  • Main window items:
    - song title (displayed in text)
    - time remaining
    - seeking bar
    - playback buttons (excluding 'eject')
    - playlist button
    - NO VISUALIZATION
    - NO TOP-RIGHT BUTTONS (minimize, expand, close)
  • Playlist editor items:
    - buttons: add/rem/sel/misc
    - buttons: list
    - NO TOP-RIGHT BUTTONS (minimize, expand, close)
  • A button on the MAIN window that will trigger a "pop-up" menu to adjust volume and repeat/shuffle options
  • Time remaining format:
    - displayed in images
    - format is -00:00

Please let me know if you can help!

Thanks,
knowbase
knowbase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2008, 09:11   #2
SLoB
Major Dude

Your looking for our cPro by the looks of it It has what you want and more, checkout cPro from my SC link in my sig

also checkout the competition we are running, it also has link to a template pack for cPro
SLoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2008, 15:32   #3
knowbase

Quote:
Originally posted by SLoB
Your looking for our cPro by the looks of it It has what you want and more, checkout cPro from my SC link in my sig

also checkout the competition we are running, it also has link to a template pack for cPro
I'm sorry, I'm having a hard time understanding what cPro is. I have looked into that while researching Winamp modern skins, however, I couldn't find much information on it.

From what I understand, cPro is a skinning program that allows you to easily create "classic" skins, while allowing those skins to hold same (or more) functions/windows, called "widgets". Is that correct?

Questions:

1. If I were to use cPro for Winamp, will it take up a significant amount of CPU processes?

2. I'm looking to create a very simple and minimalistic skin. What are all those buttons I see in the Playlist area? It says:
Media player - Video - Visualization - Browser - Playlist

What if I do not wish to include those buttons and features?

3. skinconsortium.com/index.php?page=downloads&content=4 gives me a blank white page.
knowbase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2008, 17:00   #4
SLoB
Major Dude

1. NO - uses minimal
2. cPro is a SUI Skin base, its optional from a user pov, not sure if there is a lock feature
You could use the cPro:FF format which will enable you to use the same templates without the SUI
3. your looking at the wrong link, try http://cpro.skinconsortium.com/index...ntent=download

You will be hard pushed to find ANY other template system that is easy to use for modern skins than cPro
SLoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins