Old 9th April 2010, 21:51   #1
silverkorn

VST plugin

I was wondering if it was possible to have a compiled version of MilkDrop as a VST plugin.
silverkorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2015, 11:48   #2
CodeLurker

Why, yes it is. I'd say it is indeed possible.

A more relevant question would be, is it feasible, and has anybody written it yet. IMHO: It is very feasible, except I can't recall any full-screen VST plugins; although I don't know that it would be difficult to do. As to has anybody written it yet? I'd say, I'm not seeing one yet; nor any such visual entertainment-oriented VST. The lack of other responses and my own superficial search lead me to suggest that a Winamp2/ffdshow or VST visualization plugin be written for use in Winamp, ffdshow and if written as a VST: also VST hosts.
CodeLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2016, 21:04   #3
djsainthubert

surprised this has never been done, would be really cool to be able to do milkdrop with audio as it's being made/processed with FX. or some insane person could try to make a track without hearing it, just go by how the visuals change.

I also looked for a VST IRC plugin to no avail. if I could find these two things plus maybe a rudimentary web browser I would barely ever have to leave my DAW
djsainthubert is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Feature Requests

Tags
plugin, vst