Old 13th July 2006, 03:12   #1
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

I had a dream....

...as I lay sleeping last night. I've found that during sleep is when you dream the best.
Anyway, these very forums were a large home, almost castle like in structure and each of us established members were living together in the community. As is the case here, they aren't many female members but apparently most of us were keeping their ePenises to themselves with the exception of a couple of prominent RB members who were trying to hide their tryst.
So all is well in Freakville. People are coming and going, in and out of the city, socializing, making ridiculous comments when suddenly, in through the gates this giant llama is wheeled in by some members whose names escape me but I believe they were AVS freaks. It was enormous and as the forumites explained, it had been found not far from the city sitting in the woods.
It was remarkable to look at, a full 20 feet high and made of fine oak.
It was put on display in the town square where it was freely splattered with graffiti and many found humor in having their pictures taken while holding it's enormous woodcock.
You know where I'm going, don't you?
In the middle of the night while we were all asleep except the Brits, Mr_007 and all other banned members of the forums emerged from the llama and had rough butt sex with us all AFTER having slit our throats.

I've just taken a handful of sleeping pills. May I not be able to recollect tonight's feature presentation.
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2006, 03:16   #2
skryingbreath
Post initializing...

Just....wow.
skryingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2006, 03:22   #3
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Send a message via Yahoo to Too-DAMN-Much
chev....

are you trying to kill yourself or something?
if not, maybe you should get out more, having dreams about a forum is kinda odd.

I hate everyone, so you don't have to.
Too-DAMN-Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2006, 03:33   #4
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

I dream of all kinds of things.
I had the most awesome dream this morning while I fell asleep on the shitter about an awesome new video game.
I need to sketch it all out and start promoting it.
I'm in my real world subconciously I guess.
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2006, 09:37   #5
DragonSon
Fears the boots
Forum King

Damn...makes me glad I can't remember most of my dreams.
DragonSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2006, 09:42   #6
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

you too?

last one i did remember was VERY NICE, if you catch my drift, however.

Old 13th July 2006, 10:51   #7
mysterious_w
Forum King

It makes me glad I don't fall asleep on the shitter.

mysterious_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2006, 12:54   #8
old and quite mad
Major Dude

I am NOT "trying to hide my tryst."

The search for the ultimate signature continues apace. I have journeyed from the peaks of Nepal to the depths of oceanic trenches. I have crossed deserts, jungles, swamps, savannas, steppes and frozen wastelands. I have consulted with seers, swamis, sages, scholars and savants. The peregrination proceeds purposefully.
old and quite mad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2006, 13:19   #9
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Re: I had a dream....

Quote:
Originally posted by ElChevelle
...as I lay sleeping last night. I've found that during sleep is when you dream the best.
Anyway, these very forums were a large home, almost castle like in structure and each of us established members were living together in the community. As is the case here, they aren't many female members but apparently most of us were keeping their ePenises to themselves with the exception of a couple of prominent RB members who were trying to hide their tryst.
So all is well in Freakville. People are coming and going, in and out of the city, socializing, making ridiculous comments when suddenly, in through the gates this giant llama is wheeled in by some members whose names escape me but I believe they were AVS freaks. It was enormous and as the forumites explained, it had been found not far from the city sitting in the woods.
It was put on display in the town square where it was freely splattered with graffiti and many found humor in having their pictures taken while holding it's enormous woodcock.
In the middle of the night while we were all asleep except the Brits, Mr_007 and all other banned members of the forums emerged from the llama and had rough butt sex with us all AFTER having slit our throats.

I've just taken a handful of sleeping pills. May I not be able to recollect tonight's feature presentation.

Last edited by Widdykats; 18th March 2010 at 20:24.
Widdykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2006, 14:13   #10
MrMagick
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to MrMagick Send a message via AIM to MrMagick Send a message via Yahoo to MrMagick
Sometimes, in my dreams, I am an alien hunter. I get to fly around in stolen spaceships and sneak around on strange planets for my query. I also have superhuman abilities like speed and strength which help me in my quest.

I'm not kidding either. This is a recurring theme in my dreams and I regularly look forward to sleeping.

-~MrMagick~-
MrMagick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2006, 00:49   #11
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

lol is it possible to dream lucidly and not realise it?

Old 14th July 2006, 02:26   #12
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
I've never had a dream about the boards I am glad to say...
dlinkwit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2006, 02:38   #13
sgtfuzzbubble011

When I get some free time, I'm going to have to break in my new copy of PSP 10 to make a Lame Winamp Ad of the Trojan Llama.
sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2006, 06:00   #14
MrMagick
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to MrMagick Send a message via AIM to MrMagick Send a message via Yahoo to MrMagick
Quote:
Originally posted by Too-DAMN-Much
lol is it possible to dream lucidly and not realise it?
Lucid dreaming is defined by how real the dream is. Most of my dreams, like the one I posted, are very realistic. I can usually tell if I am having a lucid dream by the colors that are present or if you can read anything in the dream. If you are having a regular dream, your mind adds the colors for you. If you stop and take a look and notice that everything is in black and white, you are having a normal dream. In this type, you also cannot read anything. In a lucid dream, you will notice the colors are more vivid and defined. You can also read and fully understand words in a lucid dream. Some people hypothesize that in a lucid dream, you are actually having an out-of-body experience. I have never developed any kind of test for this but I do believe it is possible.

If you wonder about my sources, I have made many researches into dreaming. Mainly because some of my dreams are disturbing. I also had a dream about the towers the night before they fell. I had posted this dream in a diferent thread, I think.

-~MrMagick~-
Old 14th July 2006, 06:14   #15
Razzinno
Piffle Producer

I always dream in color. Usually I'm flying but once in a while I'm running like mad from something. (I've heard the interpretations for those two forms of dreaming.)

I remember hearing that if you want to remember things from your dream, you should sit in a chair and hold a magazine or the like in one hand. When you start to doze off and begin dreaming, you eventually drop the magazine and wake up. Then you should write down what you were dreaming.

Basically I don't put much stock in dreams. Most of them don't make any sense. Sometimes you dream of childhood homes you've lived in, but everything looks different.

I've dreamed about hot water heaters, old people, hitchballs and other retarted things. WTF?
Razzinno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2006, 06:24   #16
MrMagick
Major Dude

The best way I have found to remember your dreams is pretty weird really. It's also very simple. Right after you get yourself comfortable and clear your mind, repeat these words to yourself: "I will remember my dreams." You say it three times, pause, then three times, pause, then three times for a total of nine times (for those that can't count). The reason this works is due to your brains ability to remember sets of three's easier than anything else. That's why, in America and maybe some other places, many large numbers are in groups of threes. Your Social number is in three groups. A phone number is also in three groups. I dare someone to try this for 1 week every night and come back here saying that it didn't work. Please, make sure you are not taking sleeping pills when doing this. Drugs put you into a diferent state of sleep.

-~MrMagick~-
Old 14th July 2006, 06:26   #17
skryingbreath
Post initializing...

That's just the power of suggestion

If you tell yourself you will remember something you are more apt to remember it.
skryingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2006, 07:28   #18
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

now correct me if i'm wrong here, but you can turn a normal dream into a lucid one simply by realising you are controlling it, one way my dad used to do this was stop and look at his hand in the dream, i have tried this, but usually woke up staring at my hand immediately afterwards.

Old 14th July 2006, 11:34   #19
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^psst!
Widdykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2006, 12:59   #20
JFASI
Major Dude

I rarely ever remember the entirety of any of my dreams, but I do remember little bits and pieces. For example, I remember last night I had a dream that I was on a luxury cruise, in the dining hall, and to my left there was a pillar, and there was a bar. Apart from that, not much. I only ever mill around in my dreams, I never actually do

I had another dream that was pretty bizarre. I am on the shore of a lake or pond in a forest. The forest is dark all around, and there is a little island or outcropping on the other shore. I decide to swim to it, and the pond looks pretty shallow. So I get in the water, and immediately I start sinking. Not the normal kind of sinking, which is slow, but I just drop like a rock. I look up and I see the sun on the water, and around it, all dark water. I just sink and sink until I wake up. I also get this wierd sensation, like I was literally drowning and couldn't breathe.

Also,

Linky

Certified Spam Connoisseur.
JFASI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2006, 17:42   #21
gameplaya15143
Major Dude

-i thought the matrix wasnt real
-your mind makes it real

i dont dream
the last dream i had was probably a year ago, and i dont remember it.. but i think there was a pretty girl in it ..i think
gameplaya15143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2006, 17:54   #22
Smts
Banned

Re: I had a dream....

Quote:
Originally posted by ElChevelle

Unban Mr_007 and dont see nightmare of him
Smts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2006, 18:22   #23
Smat
Banned

Re: Re: I had a dream....

Quote:
Originally posted by Smts
Unban Mr_007 and dont see nightmare of him
Thats a good idea?
Smat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2006, 07:43   #24
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
After studying the human mind for half a decade at the graduate level, I've found more theories and models of dream analysis than one could ever believe. Some are interesting, some boring, some believable, some seem like bullshit.

Freud was the first to make dream analysis an international topic of study. Freud's psychoanalysis theory says dreams are the window into the "unconscious", which is the part of our mind/experience so hidden that we ourselves rarely acknowledge its existence.

An example of your “unconscious” at work is having had a bad traumatic experience that involved some rather unrelated object or smell or other stimulus. Let’s say you were eating corn on the cob at a picnic when a neighbor dog got loose and attacked you as a kid, bit you once, but didn’t physically hurt you all that bad.

Years pass…

Later in life, at another picnic, you are eating corn on the cob and you hear a dog bark in the distance. You’re not at all focusing on either stimulus. Although you have completely forgotten the old experience, you start to feel rather nauseous and think that the food is bad or you’re just not feeling well. Not once do you associate or even really notice the dog or the corn specifically, but the nausea/discomfort is very noticeable.

So where am I going with all of this?

Sometimes dreams don’t make any sense because they combine everyday things with thoughts/memories that have been long forgotten and stored so deeply into your unconscious that you can’t seem to understand it all. Worse yet, this is compounded/complicated with the mind’s ability to use abstract symbolism. Certain dream objects/actions/experiences can sometimes only be understood as representations of something more concrete, for example something involving drowning could be a representation of helplessness or lack of control that is either current or resurrected from deep within your unconscious or as I like to call it, “forgotten memory”.

Usually it’s not something that needs to be dealt with, but for some people, recurring dreams happen or the dream experiences become more chronic, intense and/or disturbing, at which point one has to find a way to address the issue or seek help.

This (Freud’s theory) is just one example of how someone can look at dreams. I find it interesting because I used to think that Freud’s theory was all about people wanting to pork their mothers and kill their fathers. While there is truth to his theory making this claim, other facets of his work (dream analysis, defense mechanisms, etc.) have a much lower bullshit factor.

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2006, 17:16   #25
MrMagick
Major Dude

I've also studied a bit of dream interpretation but not as much as you. So could you help me figure out why I keep dreaming about being an intergalactic bounty hunter with super powers? Last night I dream I had infiltrated a super base and killed the head squid.

-~MrMagick~-
Old 15th July 2006, 19:14   #26
Bubba Smith
Major Dude

Well, ElChevelle's dream is rather bizarre, to say the least, but I have a recurring dream that is a bit 'odd', and I try NOT to sleep to avoid experiencing it again. But of course, not sleeping at all is not an option (as evidenced by those who would try and stay awake so that the Body Snatchers wouldn't suck them dry and take their place). Well, I'm not all that concerned about Body Snatchers getting me, but I'd rather not experience this dream/nightmare again if possible.

This is the dream/nightmare...

I dream that I wake up (whick is f**cked up in of itself because I'm still dreaming). I know I'm awake, but everything is pitch black. I can't see a thing but I can 'feel' everything. I know I'm naked. I'm unable to move because I'm laying flat on my back, shackled to a bare, cold concrete floor. I can feel iron/metal shackle 'bands'. They are all tightly strapped across me and anchored to the floor. One is strapped across my forehead. Another is strapped across my shoulders. Another is strapped across my chest. Another is strapped across my pelvic area. Another is strapped directly across and above both knees. Another is strapped across my ankles. I cannot move. Utterly impossible. The only thing that I can move are my eyeballs. But I cannot 'blink' or close my eyelids in any way because they are 'pinned back' with clips, similar to the clips used on that poor guy in the movie A Clockwork Orange, when they administered eyedrops as he was forced to view a movie screen in a theater. Suddenly, a match is struck. The hands holding the lit match in turn light a candle wick. The hands (visible in the candle light) begin sharpening a straight razor on a razor strop. I sense what is coming (actually, I know what is coming, since this is in fact a recurring dream), and I begin frantically moving my eyeballs around, in a futile attempt to escape. The hands commence to SHAVE my eyeballs, peeling off thin layers of my eyeballs with every swipe of the sharpened straight razor. I attempt to scream, but NO sound issues forth from my mouth. Again, I can 'feel' everything. I can feel the cold drafts of wind moving along the floor, and over my bleeding eyeballs. Eventually, I awaken.

So... to all you dream 'interpreters', who have already posted in this thread...

1) What, pray tell, does this freakin' dream/nightmare mean?
2) How the hell do I get it to stop?
Bubba Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2006, 20:16   #27
ulillillia

I have over 400 recalled dreams, some of which are extremely well-recalled, almost down to the finest of detail, like colors, how the scene looks, how fast I was going, even maps set to scale. I even predict I'll make 500 by the end of the year. That's one dream every two days! This is my dream journal as I've had running for a very long time (at least 18 months). These are my most well-recalled ones:

The master minds - one of the first
The magical potions with an evil side effect - the longest-lasting and most well-recalled put together, even with a good story.
The mud river walking tradition - weird, but a good story.
The escape from a weird home that cracks apart - this dream starts off good, but gets worse and more bizarre.

My dream journal lists several hundred more and from the last update on Jul 10, I've got one more very well-recalled dream that goes into the stories category. Oddly enough, on that same day, I recalled two dreams in one night and both were recalled quite well. None of the samples above are the best of my dreams. Dream 8-5 is the best of all my dreams and dream and dream 8-11 has the best story of all my dreams. The measure on how well-recalled a dream is is determined by the "dream % in tact" rating as, the higher this is, the more well-recalled the dream is. Just in the HTML formatting, my dream journal takes up nearly a whole megabyte in data!

Edit: made a few minor fixes.... I've been pondering if I have the largest online dream journal by a single individual.

void BlueWater() {water.color=blue; while(GameRunning) {if (fox.pos == InBlueWater) {fox.air--; FoxDrown(fox.air);} else {fox.air=1800; fox.flags = WantsToGetWet; } WaitFrames(1); }} // My top favorite thing in 2D Sonic (as C)
ulillillia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2006, 23:27   #28
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

A true dream interpreter does not figure it out for you, but rather helps you put together the puzzle, and then helps you translate it for yourself.

This is done by listening for and pointing out themes or notable details regarding not only your dreams but your current situation and past memories. Even a common casual conversation can lead to a comment that might be worth looking into, especially if that comment is not really part of the topic that’s being discussed. If that sidetrack or hijack happens a few times, it might be worth investigating, and it might tie into the content of the dreams, especially if the sidetracks seem to be related to each other.

Finding the answers isn't as important as finding the key questions. Generally the person trying to analyze the dream will help in finding the questions, while the dreamer will use those to help make connections and possibly find the answers. If the person analyzing the dream just outright tells you what it means, it’s probably bullshit fortune telling. The process must be collaborative with input/feedback from both sides, or else it won’t be believed to be true.

You could ask yourself: “What needs to happen to make a day a really rotten day?”, or “what are some things in my current situation or past that are/were scary/bad/unfortunate?” - something general like that. As you answer this, look for ties to your dreams, and remember surreal or bizarre dream images might be abstract representations of something more concrete.

Bubba’s disturbing shackles might symbolize being trapped somehow – either trapped in a job he doesn’t like, trapped in a living situation he doesn’t like or some other undesirable situation, or trapped in lack of motivation to find what he really wants. The situation shows an immanent infliction of pain/discomfort that he just can’t do anything about. Maybe the choice of eyes as the focal point means something; then again, maybe not. A lot of guys will have this type of dream when being sick of being single but for some reason hesitant to try and actively meet and be up-front with ladies and confront inhibitions. Since I don’t know Bubba or his current or past experience, these suggestions are one sided, very loose, and have an extremely high bullshit factor. Perhaps if there was more discussion and question asking, I could help find a better explanation.

MrMagick’s could symbolize a wish to take out something that holds power. Dreams that contain superpowers or an overthrowing of someone in power are often the result of a dreamer that is unhappy with the amount of power/influence they currently have or previously had. It could also be a dream celebrating a recent or past overcoming of some obstacle or barrier, even if nothing more than ‘winning’ an argument or scoring well on a test. Again, this is most likely a flawed interpretation because of such limited information.

Just remember, a dream is just a dream, a fictional entertaining story, unless you tie it in with the rest of your life experience.

If they're varied and don't affect you negetively when awake (or keep you from sleeping), don't worry about them.

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2006, 23:42   #29
rm dot txt
Banned

fuggin' hell. Damned bastards. Fucking have no sense of decency.

Oppps, I was owned.
rm dot txt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2006, 00:44   #30
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

um...

I usually don't use "leet speak" or abbreviations, but,

WTF?

I don't get it.

oh well...