Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19th February 2007, 14:33   #1
cdysthe

Winamp not cool anymore?

Hi,

I have been using Winamp since the last millennium and never looked at anything else since the player has been doing what I need it to do even though I have to admit it's doing a bit more than I need now. Good late additions have been portable player support, Replay Gain and very good podcast support. What's currently missing is being able to burn music DVDs directly from Winamp. I have to use Roxio for that, but would like to be able to use the Winamp library for it instead.

A lot of my audiophile friends has been trying to push me toward the foobar2000 player saying it now is what Winamp used to be: In the forefront of music playback.

I do not want to spend a lot of time evaluating alternative players, so I ask here if anyone have been using foobar2000, and if it really has all the coolness and sonic excellence people are telling me it has?

I really do not want to switch. But I have to admit that a lot of the AOL content pushed into Winamp is beginning to bother me a little. Especially since it's also in the paid version.

//C
cdysthe is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion