Old 19th October 2007, 23:58   #1
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Bento - Songticker-Timer overlap?

Hey.. Bento skin(s):
I know that in the beta, the songticker overlapped the timer/scrolled into the timer.. And you fixed it.. But it is not quite correct yet..
Look at the screenshot.. The songticker should not scroll any longer than one of the yellow lines (#1 or #2)... I think #2 is the best... It should not go almost into the timer as it does now.. What if a song/radio becomes on timer-number 200:10, or 10:10? Will the text be pushed to the right? If it does, it should be fixed (yellow line #2)..
What do you think? If you will look into it, look at my yellow line #2.. It should not scroll any longer than that..

Just my thought...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg winamp bento - songticker-overlap.jpg (15.7 KB, 226 views)
Kn0tte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2007, 00:15   #2
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

This is a feature request, not a bug.

Besides all that, I don't agree.
At default width, the songticker text would then be too short.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2007, 09:30   #3
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
This is a feature request, not a bug.

Besides all that, I don't agree.
At default width, the songticker text would then be too short.
OK.. But it could be adjusted a little bit, so the text wont be pushed to the right (if it does that?) if number 110:08 appears.. And to say it, the songticker text is shorter in Classic skins.. :P

Keep up the good work
Old 24th October 2007, 09:15   #4
martin.deimos
Android/UI Development

Send a message via ICQ to martin.deimos Send a message via AIM to martin.deimos Send a message via Yahoo to martin.deimos
perhaps i will add anoption for that, but too many options will really slow down the skin! the main aim of this design is to have a large songticker, so it is at least no bug

WebSite: www.skinconsortium.com - Community for Userinterface Design & Coding
Skins: Click Here
martin.deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2007, 11:11   #5
Kn0tte
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by martin.deimos
perhaps i will add anoption for that, but too many options will really slow down the skin! the main aim of this design is to have a large songticker, so it is at least no bug
Ok.. Yeah, I dont want it to be slow.. :P You can have it large if you want, but change it a few, few mm (millimetres), so if a track with number 180:100, or only 10:10 appears, the text wont be pushed to the right (or what it does).. Then we may not need an option either.. heh
This is for both Bento, and Big Bento skin(s) of course.. Do what you want - Bento is a nice skin anyway

Last edited by Kn0tte; 24th October 2007 at 11:38.
Old 24th October 2007, 16:48   #6
Kn0tte
Major Dude

EDIT:
Bento skin - I tried a song which was 10:21 minutes..
When the timer went from 9:59 to 10:00 the whole songticker text were pushed to the right side.. It was so easy to see it.. This is not how it should be...
And remember, this was ten minutes.. If you listen to radio, you can get it up to 100....

If you look at my picture again, my yellow line #1 is how it should be.. It should not scroll further than that.. My yellow line #1 is how it is in classic skins (or something like that). It is not too short..

It is better that you try to fix it a little bit instead of making an option (I think).. Number 100:10 should appear without pushing the text..
And remember, if you do anything, do it on both Bento skins (Bento and Big Bento)..

/Kn0tte
Attached Images
File Type: jpg winamp bento - songticker-overlap.jpg (15.7 KB, 182 views)

Last edited by Kn0tte; 24th October 2007 at 17:08.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports