Old 28th May 2016, 22:31   #1
DragonSon
Fears the boots
Forum King

Wow, I have not been here in a LONG time.

Hey everyone! Wow, apparently my last visit here was in 2009. So, what have I missed?
DragonSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2016, 01:23   #2
webthing
Forum King

Welcome Back!

Well........Reports of Winamp's death were greatly exggerated.

Once scheduled to kick the bucket last month, the software has found new life with new parent Radionomy, an online radio station aggregator. On Tuesday, Radionomy announced that it purchased both Winamp and streaming music site Shoutcast from former owner AOL. Terms of the deal were not revealed, though a Belgian news site says that AOL bought a partial stake in Radionomy as part of a recent round of funding.

Will Winamp change under its new management? Yes, but for the better, according to Radionomy. The program will add access to more than 60,000 Internet radio stations; playback for 60 audio and video formats; 6,000 add-ons, including skins, plug-ins, online services, and visualizations; and tools to manage podcasts. The software will also be available in 16 different languages.

"Winamp is a top independent player that gives millions of people the best player functionality available," Radionomy CEO Alexandre Saboundjian said in a statement. "Its role is clear in the future evolution of online media -- we plan to make the player ubiquitous, developing new functionalities dedicated to desktop, mobile, car systems, connected devices, and all other platforms."

Winamp was scheduled to be retired on December 20. But the software made it through the holidays and is still available for download. Early reports suggested that AOL was shopping the program around to interested buyers, with Radionomy pegged as the new parent earlier this month.

http://www.cnet.com/news/winamp-surv...for-new-owner/
webthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2016, 18:20   #3
Alrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by webthing View Post
Welcome Back!

Well........Reports of Winamp's death were greatly exggerated.

Once scheduled to kick the bucket last month, the software has found new life with new parent Radionomy, an online radio station aggregator. On Tuesday, Radionomy announced that it purchased both Winamp and streaming music site Shoutcast from former owner AOL. Terms of the deal were not revealed, though a Belgian news site says that AOL bought a partial stake in Radionomy as part of a recent round of funding.

Will Winamp change under its new management? Yes, but for the better, according to Radionomy. The program will add access to more than 60,000 Internet radio stations; playback for 60 audio and video formats; 6,000 add-ons, including skins, plug-ins, online services, and visualizations; and tools to manage podcasts. The software will also be available in 16 different languages.

"Winamp is a top independent player that gives millions of people the best player functionality available," Radionomy CEO Alexandre Saboundjian said in a statement. "Its role is clear in the future evolution of online media -- we plan to make the player ubiquitous, developing new functionalities dedicated to desktop, mobile, car systems, connected devices, and all other platforms."

Winamp was scheduled to be retired on December 20. But the software made it through the holidays and is still available for download. Early reports suggested that AOL was shopping the program around to interested buyers, with Radionomy pegged as the new parent earlier this month.

http://www.cnet.com/news/winamp-surv...for-new-owner/
Rather old news that...

Quote:
January 14, 2014
5:58 AM PST
Alrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2016, 22:17   #4
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrock View Post
Rather old news that...
Indeed! So to answer your initial question; a lot has happened, but you haven't missed much.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2016, 23:16   #5
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

G'day Bob. SSDD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrock View Post
Rather old news that...
He did state that he hadn't been here since 2009, comparead to which, 2014 was the FUTURE-uture-uture.... *fades out*

"My heart hates uggos." –J.D.
iomegajaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2016, 14:40   #6
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

... they always come back.
In short: Everything is different but nothing changed.

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Warrior of the Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2016, 00:59   #7
pixiefied
Mother Trucker

Send a message via Yahoo to pixiefied
I came back too!
<------ boobies.

"Well, got to love you and leave you, need to go get into the shower and rub my hard naked body all over with soapy bubbles, I'll be back later to carry on playing....

It'll take you some time to get over the image of me naked in the shower......mind you don't masturbate to hard thinking about it...."
- Mr.Jones
pixiefied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2016, 05:35   #8
photon_man62

2009 as well. Thanks for the summary webthing!
photon_man62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2016, 23:02   #9
Psythik
Got his CT back
and didn't pay $10
(Forum King)

While we're here, I might as well drop in for my yearly visit as well.

This is a sig of some nature.
Psythik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2016, 23:12   #10
webthing
Forum King

Just like old times.
webthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2016, 10:26   #11
Psythik
Got his CT back
and didn't pay $10
(Forum King)

Yeah it's nice to get the band back together for the occasional reunion tour.

This is a sig of some nature.
Psythik is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions