Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Old 21st September 2004, 11:41   #41
siebe83
Forum King

Fix what?!

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2004, 08:48   #42
phoenixfox

Send a message via AIM to phoenixfox
Internet radio and Winamp

I'm having a similar problem. I can usually load an intital station but then when I try to change stations my connection freezes. I hook into Winamp through AOL and a cable connection.

When I say the connection freezes I mean AOL becomes unresponsive. I have to shut down to get any servicability back.

What's up with this and why can't I call Winamp tech service? This bbs system of tech support is the snails way of solveing a problem.

Thae
phoenixfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2004, 19:43   #43
Commander Paws

Send a message via AIM to Commander Paws
I'm having problem listening to internet radio with my Winamp 5.05, too.

I allways get this message everytime I try to open a internet radio station.

"Winamp has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

And I did try and reinstall it, too.
Can somebody help me out?
Commander Paws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2004, 10:08   #44
siebe83
Forum King

@Commander Paws:
Did you do a clean install when you reinstalled?

@phoenixfox:
Did you install any 3rd-party plugins?
Maybe try a clean install.
Are you running a firewall or proxy server?

Old 6th November 2004, 13:00   #45
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

How do you expect us to help if you don't provide any system specs or details of the error messages?
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2004, 22:35   #46
StickyBit

Send a message via ICQ to StickyBit
auto play on start up

i need Winamp to start playing radio station on start up automatically. It's not very hard to press "play" button manually, but i need it for so-to-say a radio server for home LAN.
Please, help me to find the way to solve my problem. May be i need sokme plug-in?
StickyBit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2004, 19:11   #47
siebe83
Forum King

Maybe you'll like DrO's Time Restore & Autoplay plugin.

Old 20th November 2004, 21:20   #48
Gfreed

Found a reason for Streaming problems

I was trying to stream pls extensions and none of them would work. As a matter of fact nothing much worked then I found the problem. First I thought maybe my firewall was causing problems but that wasn't it.

I found that my ad-blocking software is looking at the streams like they are popups or adds, not sure what yet.
UPDATE: I found out that my Ad Blocker work by using proxy settings. What's happening is that WinAmp isn't Set up to go through the proxy set up by my ad-blocking software in some cases. For example I can listen to a m3u stream from one site with no problems but for some reason I can't listen to the PLS streams. I thinking is has nothing to do with the actual streams but maybe these different streaming audios are coming over different ports! I'm not really sure at this point but I'm thinking the problem is port oriented more then anything else!
When I turned my add blocking software off the proxy settings go away and the streams all started working. This must be a bug with WinAmp because my JetAudio player doesn't have this problem. JetAudio must look for proxy settings automatically!

It doesn't make any sense why my add blocking stuff would effect one program but not the other since my ad-blocking program Naviscope is a stand alone program. You would think it would block things regardless of the player program operating. But there is something different between JetAudio and WinAmp. I do notice that JetAudio does go through the Naviscope program because Naviscope shows the activity while WinAmp does not. So try turning off your popup blockers and your ad blockers and see what happens.

I know that Norton InterNet Security has a add blocker built into it and it can be difficult to turn off. So see what happens

bye

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Changed all references of "Add" to "Ad"

Last edited by Gfreed; 20th November 2004 at 22:07.
Gfreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2004, 05:25   #49
Commander Paws

Send a message via AIM to Commander Paws
Quote:
Originally posted by siebe83
@Commander Paws:
Did you do a clean install when you reinstalled?
It's working now. Thanks.
Commander Paws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2004, 01:36   #50
Gfreed

Found a reason for Streaming problems

No, I just installed over the old WinAmp! I asked what the best way to do it was and that's what they told me here! I can try the clean install and see what happens.

I have found this whole thing so strange in that when I attempt to play PLS files I must turn off my Add blocking sofeware but with other file types it goes right through the Sofeware like it should! I was playing a streaming Popeye Video the other night and it worked just fine. As a matter of fact the Add Blocker came up and showed me the fact that it saw the Video and was handling it! Naviscope shows everything that comes into the computer with a little colored bar! So now I'm back to Naviscope thinking that this is some kind of add or popup to be blocked. I will keep playing with it until I find out what its doing. The Naviscope program is VERY old but its the Best add blocking\Popup Blocking program I've found in all these years! It does everything I want and I just love it!

Thank you for your ideas and help I will try it! But maybe in doing all this stuff I can help others who are having problems. I've heard that other folks also are having streaming problems just like this one. So maybe their add blocking stuff is getting in the way of things.
Old 24th November 2004, 12:39   #51
iamback

Recently I installed Winamp 5.05 and was very pleased to be able to listen to various Internet radio stations - no problem at all.

Today, I read about a security issue, fixed in 5.06; I downloaded and installed 5.06 Full over the previous Winamp 5 install. In ZoneAlarm Pro I gave the new version the same connection rights as before - so: no firewall problem.

When I restarted Winamp, it went and downloaded (refreshed) the list of radio stations again. Only now, with every single station I try I see [Connecting] ... followed by [Unknown host]; even if a station has multiple channels/IP addresses, they are tried in succession and ALL come back with [Unknown host].

How do I get my Internet radio back?
iamback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2004, 19:51   #52
Gfreed

Add blockers blocking Winamp streaming

>Recently I installed Winamp 5.05 and was very pleased to >be able to listen to various Internet radio stations - no >problem at all.

>Today, I read about a security issue, fixed in 5.06; I >downloaded and installed 5.06 Full over the previous >Winamp 5 install. In ZoneAlarm Pro I gave the new version >the same connection rights as before - so: no firewall >problem.

>When I restarted Winamp, it went and downloade(refreshed) >the list of radio stations again. Only now, with every >single station I try I see [Connecting] ... followed >by [Unknown host]; even if a station has multiple >channels/IP addresses, they are tried in succession and >ALL come back with [Unknown host].

>How do I get my Internet radio back?

This is exactly what my WinAmp is doing (5.06)! I get the same "Unknown host" error when I attempt to stream. Try setting your firewall security setting down one step. Or just try turning the firewall off for a bit.

If that doesn't work, do you have a popup blocker or add blocker!? If you do turn it off. I have the same situation when I run my add blocking program "Naviscope" When I questioned people here about this problem the answer I got is that they should rewrite the add blocking software!

So what I do currently is to disable the add blocker just long enough to set up my station then I turn it back on. Its just strange but that's what it happening currently.
Old 24th November 2004, 20:04   #53
JonnyMac

Maybe this http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....26#post1524726

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2004, 21:13   #54
iamback

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyMac
Maybe this http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....26#post1524726
Thanks, but no joy. First of all, I don't use IE as a browser (except for the rare case I have to test a page layout in a non-compliant browser), and although I do have The Proxomitron, that is set permanently on "bypass" (which means it lets through everything unmodified) - I change that only (sometimes) when I have to use IE to test something.

In summary: NO changes in firewall, I do NOT have any kind of ad blocker (Mozilla does that just fine without any help), and Proxo is set on bypass (just as it was with Winamp 5.05!!).

Proxo cannot be the problem because Winamp 5.05 worked just fine with Proxo set on "bypass" while 5.06 doesn't.

IOW, no changes except the change from Winamp 5.05 to 5.06. So what is it that changed in Winamp??? 5.05 had no problems at all, while 5.06 seems not to connect, period. No amount of refreshing the server list makes any difference either.
Old 24th November 2004, 22:16   #55
Gfreed

Its Strange!

I know what you mean! I'm having much the same problem. Try this! Try steaming a video! Here try this one, its short and simple:

www.toontracker.com:80/terry/tomterrific.rm

It might give you a big laugh too! Depends how old you are!!!

Interestingly enough this runs right though my Add blockers with no problems. See what happens to you!
Get back to me on this!
Thanks
Old 24th November 2004, 22:43   #56
iamback

Re: Its Strange!

Quote:
Originally posted by Gfreed
Try steaming a video! Here try this one, its short and simple:

www.toontracker.com:80/terry/tomterrific.rm
(...) See what happens to you!
Get back to me on this!
Good idea to try something else (I never do video so I wouldn't have thought of that ). So I did.
Now guess what?

[Connecting] ... [Unknown host]

Sound familiar?

Has anyone dared to pronounce the B-word yet? Let's do it: BUG!

Put simply: Winamp 5.06 introduced a bug that wasn't in 5.05.
Old 24th November 2004, 23:31   #57
Gfreed

Oh, NO!!!!!!!

Wow! this can only mean one thing! Is there any way at all that your machine is set up on a proxy! What I mean here is check your proxy settings and make real sure you don't have a proxy plugged in. For example, when I'm using Naviscope my proxy is set to address 127.0.0.1 with Port 81.

Maybe your Proximatron I think you called it might use a proxy setting! Even if disabled they sometimes go through a proxy setting. 127.0.0.1 is like an end around address in that it doesn't point to an outside server but to your computer itself. Basically you have a program that is acting like a proxy. SO what happens is that your IE or whatever goes to the 127.0.0.1 program first. That program does whatever then that program talks to the world. Another words the program is acting like a proxy. I know, its strange, but some programs work that way!

I think I used to use Proximatron years ago and its uses a proxy setting. Even when disabled it still uses a proxy setting and that will mess things up, maybe!

So check the proxy and turn it off all the way by getting rid of the proxy setting. I'm not sure but I don't think that WinAmp knows what to do with a proxy setting, again not sure but see what happens and get back to me, I will be here! Any Routers? Just wondering!

Not giving up on you yet!
Old 25th November 2004, 00:08   #58
iamback

The Proxomitron is a proxy.

1. IE is set to use the Proxomitron
2. The Proxomitron is set on bypass which means it passes through everything unchanged
3. I don't use IE
4. Winamp is set not to use a proxy - and even if it did/does use the Proxomitron regardless, that's still set on bypass so it shouldn't have any effect anyway.

I think there are two bugs in Winamp 5.06:
1. it's (supposedly) trying to use whatever IE is using as a proxy - which it shouldn't do if the settings state not to use a proxy
2. it's failing to connect even if the proxy is set to bypass (not the proxy's fault, obviously)

This (either, or the combination) is a change from 5.05. I repeat: 5.05 works just fine with The Proxomitron set as the proxy for IE - so that setting is NOT the cause of the problem (and I'm not going to change it either - when I have to use IE, I do need Proxo).

It seems the Winamp team was very much in a hurry to fix the reported security flaw. That's OK, even commendable. It seems in their hurry they introduced a bug. That's understandable.

Now please, team, fix the bug and let us have a version 5.07 that can play radio (and video) just like 5.05 could!
Old 25th November 2004, 00:39   #59
JonnyMac

Click --->
Please don't ask when.
Old 25th November 2004, 00:56   #60
Gfreed

[QUOTE]Originally posted by iamback
[B]The Proxomitron is a proxy.

1. IE is set to use the Proxomitron
2. The Proxomitron is set on bypass which means it passes through everything unchanged
-----------------------------
OK it does pass through unchanged but it still passes through the poxy settings the program simply doesn't do anything to whats passing through it. When I disable my Naviscope program (like your Proxomitron)it takes OUT the proxy settings totally! That's the difference here. You can't connect because I think your running up against the proxy settings. Your explorer is running up against a road block! Try turning off the proxy settings at your browser and see what happens.
------------------------------
3. I don't use IE
4. Winamp is set not to use a proxy - and even if it did/does use the Proxomitron regardless, that's still set on bypass so it shouldn't have any effect anyway.
--------------------------------
Yes my WinAmp is not set to use a proxy either! But guess what! When I run that video guess what happens! Its going right through my lite off Naviscope program. I have NO IDEA why but it is because Naviscope shows you everything that's going on with it. If anything tries to use it little bars come up telling me what's going on. I can actually record every transaction this machine makes with the net. When I try to stream that plug in must be doing something different because everything is totally blocked. I can turn off all the add blocking with no differance. I have to literally turn off Naviscope and then it works.
---------------------------------
I think there are two bugs in Winamp 5.06:
1. it's (supposedly) trying to use whatever IE is using as a proxy - which it shouldn't do if the settings state not to use a proxy
----------------------------------
Yes I think you are right! WinAmp will attempt to use whatever proxy is set up with the browser. I can see this when I run a vid. But steaming does something different and the connection is getting blocked. When I again totally disable and I mean remove the poxy connection to Naviscope it works.

2. it's failing to connect even if the proxy is set to bypass (not the proxy's fault, obviously)

This (either, or the combination) is a change from 5.05. I repeat: 5.05 works just fine with The Proxomitron set as the proxy for IE - so that setting is NOT the cause of the problem (and I'm not going to change it either - when I have to use IE, I do need Proxo).
-----------------------------------
They probably make a security change that keep people from getting into your computer using WinAmp. Maybe people found away to get into your system using some other ports that were not protected. Or maybe they could get to you if you were using proxy settings. Its hard to know!

It seems the Winamp team was very much in a hurry to fix the reported security flaw. That's OK, even commendable. It seems in their hurry they introduced a bug. That's understandable.
We need to try and find out exactly what's going on so that they can fix it! So try turning off, shutting down the Proxomatron so that nothing goes through it, under it or around it. You want a hard connection to the net with NO proxy in the way. See what happens.
Old 25th November 2004, 01:13   #61
iamback

Quote:
We need to try and find out exactly what's going on so that they can fix it! So try turning off, shutting down the Proxomatron so that nothing goes through it, under it or around it. You want a hard connection to the net with NO proxy in the way. See what happens.
It's obvious what happens.
Winamp is trying to use a proxy even when its settings tell it not to use the proxy. That is a very obvious BUG.
No matter what the effect of the proxy it's trying to use would be - it shouldn't use it when told not to use any proxy at all. Period.

I am not going to disable my proxy.

What I will do is reinstall Winamp 5.05 - until 5.07 comes along with a fix.

... ...

Done.
I can listen to my favorite radio stations again.

NOTE: NO change at all except I installed Winamp 5.05 over 5.06. It's blindingly obvious that Winamp 5.06 itself is the problem - not any proxies or their settings.

Now, let's get that bug fixed, shall we?
Old 25th November 2004, 01:19   #62
iamback

Quote:

Please don't ask when.
When?

<duck/>

(Happily listening to Internet radio again - with Winamp 5.05....)
Old 25th November 2004, 01:28   #63
Gfreed

[QUOTE]Originally posted by iamback
[B]It's obvious what happens.
Winamp is trying to use a proxy even when its settings tell it not to use the proxy. That is a very obvious BUG.
No matter what the effect of the proxy it's trying to use would be - it shouldn't use it when told not to use any proxy at all. Period.

I am not going to disable my proxy.

... ...

Done.
I can listen to my favorite radio stations again.
------------------------------
OK, so you took the Proxomatron Proxy settings off and now it works right??????

OK that means we know for sure what the problem is!

So now we have to find away to explain it to them so they can fix it!

You know how to do that?
I will look around and see what I can see and point them to this thread so that they can see what we found out! Its probably a easy fix! I'm glad we found the problem! I think its specifically one of the Input plugIns! It would be interesting to find out if the 5.05 PlugIns are different from the 5.06 PlugIns.

By the way I'm not one of the programmers!!! I'm just another person out here who uses WinAmp! As a matter of fact I just started using it! I still can't for the life of me figgure out how these AVS thingy's work!

Oh, wait, you just reinstalled 5.05 and it works! OK well I still think it the proxy settings not working with 5.06

Well at least your working again! I need to find 5.05 somewhere I guess. Although its a simple matter for me to disable Naviscope for a second. You might try Naviscope, I like it, works good and has lots of interesting trouble shooting stuff with it.
Old 25th November 2004, 01:42   #64
JonnyMac

Quote:
So now we have to find away to explain it to them so they can fix it!
No explanation needed.
Quote:
Click --->
Please don't ask when.
Old 25th November 2004, 08:00   #65
iamback

Quote:
No explanation needed.
And apart from that ... I just read on NTBUGTRAQ that 5.06 doesn't actually fix the buffer overflow insecurity anyway.

From that email:
Quote:
== Solutions ==

- Disassociate .cda and .m3u extensions from winamp
- Wait for an update
(my emphasis)

And my advice: make sure these file associations are NOT restored at startup! (Uncheck that checkbox - nearly missed it.)

So now we wait...
Old 7th December 2004, 07:11   #66
phoenixfox

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
How do you expect us to help if you don't provide any system specs or details of the error messages?

Ye wants a detailed report? > Ye gots it.

I'm using a Dell Dimension with Pent. 4 @ 2.4 Ghz running Win XP home. I am using McAfee Security Center, which includes a firewall, Privacy filter and virus scan. I did discover that Winamp works fine..if I disable the firewall and privacy filter.

The attachment is the report generated by "Startup.exe"

Thae
Attached Files
File Type: txt startuplist.txt (9.8 KB, 608 views)
Old 7th December 2004, 10:26   #67
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Known problem with McAfee Privacy Service
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....07#post1522707
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....00#post1472800
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=165351

Maybe McAfee have released a fix/patch by now?

EDIT

Hmm, you've also got some Gain spyware installed and running...

Gain/Precision Time
http://www.liutilities.com/products/...ibrary/cmesys/
http://www.liutilities.com/products/...sslibrary/gmt/

Autorun entries from Registry:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
CMESys = "C:\Program Files\Common Files\CMEII\CMESys.exe"

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\GMT\GMT.exe

And some dodgy/borked BHO's (browser helper objects) which need removing:

(no name) - C:\Program Files\DAP\DAPIEBar.dll (file missing) - {0096CC0A-623C-4829-AD9C-19AF0DC9D8FE}

(no name) - C:\Program Files\Kontiki\bin\bh309190.dll - {029CA12C-89C1-46a7-A3C7-82F2F98635CB}

(no name) - (no file) - (360FE999-58AA-4136-A93C-D2DC086FFD50}

And some evil ActiveX Controls (c:\windows\downloaded program files) which need deleting:

[CMV5 Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\CpnMgr.dll
CODEBASE = http://www101.coolsavings.com/download/cscmv5X.cab

[RdxIE Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\RdxIE.dll
CODEBASE = http://207.188.7.150/253e41a18cfb8a366a06/netzip/RdxIE601.cab

[CWDL_DownLoadControl Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\CWDL_DownLoad.dll
CODEBASE = http://www.callwave.com/include/cab/CWDL_DownLoad.CAB

[CustomerCtrl Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\customerclient.dll
CODEBASE = http://cs5b.instantservice.com/jars/customerxsigned35.cab

Download, install and run both Spybot Search & Destroy and Adaware ASAP.

After running the scans (do Spybot first, then Adaware), if any of the above entries still exist, use HijackThis to remove them (run HJT, click Scan button, checkmark ONLY the entries I've referenced above, click Fix button).
Old 8th December 2004, 20:45   #68
iamback

Quote:
Originally posted by iamback
... and 5.07 is here, with a real security fix, this time.

And, even better, with a fix for the proxy problem.

Again, installed 5.07 right over 5.05. NO changes to any settings or proxies. And I'm listening to my favorite shoutcast radio station.

Congrats, Nullsoft!
Old 11th December 2004, 04:12   #69
phoenixfox

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
Known problem with McAfee Privacy Service
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....07#post1522707
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....00#post1472800
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=165351

Maybe McAfee have released a fix/patch by now?

EDIT

Hmm, you've also got some Gain spyware installed and running...

Gain/Precision Time
http://www.liutilities.com/products/...ibrary/cmesys/
http://www.liutilities.com/products/...sslibrary/gmt/

Autorun entries from Registry:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
CMESys = "C:\Program Files\Common Files\CMEII\CMESys.exe"

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\GMT\GMT.exe

And some dodgy/borked BHO's (browser helper objects) which need removing:

(no name) - C:\Program Files\DAP\DAPIEBar.dll (file missing) - {0096CC0A-623C-4829-AD9C-19AF0DC9D8FE}

(no name) - C:\Program Files\Kontiki\bin\bh309190.dll - {029CA12C-89C1-46a7-A3C7-82F2F98635CB}

(no name) - (no file) - (360FE999-58AA-4136-A93C-D2DC086FFD50}

And some evil ActiveX Controls (c:\windows\downloaded program files) which need deleting:

[CMV5 Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\CpnMgr.dll
CODEBASE = http://www101.coolsavings.com/download/cscmv5X.cab

[RdxIE Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\RdxIE.dll
CODEBASE = http://207.188.7.150/253e41a18cfb8a366a06/netzip/RdxIE601.cab

[CWDL_DownLoadControl Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\CWDL_DownLoad.dll
CODEBASE = http://www.callwave.com/include/cab/CWDL_DownLoad.CAB

[CustomerCtrl Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\customerclient.dll
CODEBASE = http://cs5b.instantservice.com/jars/customerxsigned35.cab

Download, install and run both Spybot Search & Destroy and Adaware ASAP.

After running the scans (do Spybot first, then Adaware), if any of the above entries still exist, use HijackThis to remove them (run HJT, click Scan button, checkmark ONLY the entries I've referenced above, click Fix button).

Do any of the active x entries have to do with running the MMPOGs "Diablo II: LoD" and "Lineage II"?

Thae
Old 11th December 2004, 11:56   #70
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

No.

coolsavings is evil adware.

Netzip is generally a piece of shit

callwave is possibly safe, assuming you knowingly downloaded/installed it :/
However, as it uses your connection/bandwidth - I recommend removing it anyway.

I've no idea what cs5b.instantservice.com (customerclient.dll) is. Do you?
It sounds pretty dodgy to me, heh :/

On a side note...

There appears to be an intermittent problem with the Shoutcast YP list server for Media Library > Internet Radio again. Anyone else getting "(Error) Can't get list (showng old content)" at the moment? 'Cos I am, heh :/
(Note: Internet TV and Winamp.com music/videos lists are refreshing properly, just not Internet Radio).
Thankfully, the actual shoutcast yp is ok.

[Edit -> 4 hours later]
It's working again now, heh :]
Old 3rd April 2005, 07:40   #71
freejak

winamp 5.0.8e stream problems

Guys,
I'm having problems listening online radios as normal user with winamp 5.0.8e described here:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=189725
When I use an account with administrative privilleges, I have no problem.
My setup:XP Pro SP2,AMD Semrpon 1.7 Ghz,512mb ram,HDD 120 GB,CMEDIA audio,Geforce2 video
I'm using also OpenBSD as firewall in front of the XP box and have allowed outgoing connections only as default policy and the relevant states coming from the peer to which I connect. No http proxies or socks used.
I reinstalled fully as described in the threads, no luck at all.

The MS error report begins with this:

AppName: winamp.exe AppVer: 5.0.0.8 ModName: gen_ml.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0000869d
In the technical section I could see that it grumbles about unsuccessful socket creation and invalid proxy authorization. Unfortunately, I can use only printscreen to capture the log and can dump it somewhere on the net if interested.
TIA,
freejak
freejak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2005, 04:20   #72
poo55555

Send a message via AIM to poo55555
Simple Question

I have a simple question and hopefully i get a simple answer as well.

When I queue a .pls from a stream off the internet, it used to say song titles and some times an advertisment for the sites that i streamed from but now it gives me no such service any more. My friend does not have this problem on his computer when he streams the same .pls, it shows the song information and even the ads.

I am running Winamp 5.08 and am having no other problems with it other than the one just explained. So...can anyone tell me the problem here? If so, thanks!
poo55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2005, 21:24   #73
ManicFan

I recently installed winamp both at home and in my office. I have a recurring problem for which I found no parallel either in the forums here or elesewhere.

When I try to listen to internet radio on my home computer, the sound will die after some time (ranging from a split second - like just now - to half an hour). I can click anything, but it won't re-start. After I shut down the winamp window, and check with the program manager, I find winamp.exe still running, with a sizable CPU and memory share, and have to shut it down manually.

No such problems at the office.

I suspect it has something to do with having a company firewall/antivir protection at the office, while at home I use ZoneAlarm free and AVG. (As for operation systems and browsers, I use Win2000 and Firefox at both places.) However, I can't fanthom what that problem could be: I had and have everything enabled for Winamp in ZA, and also tried shutting down AVG to no avail.
ManicFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2005, 16:12   #74
ManicFan

The problem described above still persists. Today I updated my ZoneAlarm Free firewall, no change.

Maybe I get a reply if I post a HijackThis log (attached).

I also note that I had no such problem with MediaPlayer.
Attached Files
File Type: txt hijackthislog.txt (4.3 KB, 446 views)
Old 29th April 2005, 16:19   #75
ManicFan

I also add that I have upgraded to the latest update (1.0.3) of Firefox, and that my latest scan with the up-to-date AD-Aware SE Personal found just three tracking cookies.
Old 1st May 2005, 13:44   #76
siebe83
Forum King

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Manager] windll23.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Microsoft Manager] windll23.exe

I'm not sure what that is. Google returned few results but it looks like some worm.
Wait for someone who's more familiar with HijackThis logs for instructions. If no-one else replies, scan your system with Spybot Search & Destroy and Ad-aware SE. Be sure to search for updates before scanning.
After using these programs post a new HijackThis log here.

More Winamp-related...
Did you install any 3rd-party plugins?
Are you on a limited user account?
Try the DirectSound output tweaks.
Also provide full system specs.

Old 2nd May 2005, 03:37   #77
HeatherS78

Send a message via Yahoo to HeatherS78
my listeners had the same prob, trying to listen through AOL, don't use AOL, us IE it works better that I noticed. But don't get me wrong, there are some and when I use the word SOME, some are able to tune into the station through AOL and not IE. it depends I guess
HeatherS78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2005, 06:27   #78
csl6211

Internet Radio on v5.08e

Quote:
Basically when I search the internet radio database within winamp 5 and click any link, nothing happens, no sound, the servers dont even show up in the playlist. I've reinstalled winamp several times with no avail, although when I download the pls file from the yp I can make it work with Real Player but not winamp.
Has this issues been fixed/resolved/workaround found? I can't listen to internet radio. My pc has a pentium IV, and plenty of RAM. I just reinstalled windows(unrelated issue) with sp2 and a fresh install of Winamp v5.08e. (I don't use IE, I use firefox.) It plays a second and then dies. I tried changing the number of streams to 1000 but it did not work. None of the stations in the list work. I tried going to di's homepage and clicking on their link to open/play that way, but still no luck. I connect via wireless card to a linysys router. I don't believe there are any firewall issues as media player 10 plays internet radio just fine. If this is a bug when will a fix be available?
csl6211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2005, 06:26   #79
OmidMed

Internet Radio

Hi, this is Omid. I am trying to contact DARVISH PERSIAN RADIO station but everytime I try to connect, the winamp tries to connect and then it says "TIMED OUT." If you go to the search box of internet radio and type in "Persian" then you will see Darvish Persian Radio station and currently people are listening to it, but obviously I am not. If you could help me, I would greatly appreciate it. My email is omidcrib@hotmail.com Thanks for your time.
OmidMed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2005, 14:18   #80
chaddahlberg

Can't Play Internet Radio

Hi. I'm having a problem similar to other people, but I haven't found an answer to it yet. My PC used to play Internet Radio fine on winamp, however, I just moved and now I am hooked up through a link sys router and a link sys wireless card (like someone else in this forum). When I try and play a station, I get the error message in the bottom right of Winamp that says "[Error] HTTP/1.0 505 UNKNOWN (Showing old..." I've used Spybot, Ad-Aware, and did a virus check, and everything is fine. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled Winamp several times. I haven't added any plug-ins, so Winamp is running off of a clean install. I have a Dell 4700, running Windows XP Home Edition, 512 MB RAM, 80 GB HD, 3.0 GHz P4 Processor. Could my problem be connecting through a wireless router? Is there anyway to fix this? Please help!

Chad
chaddahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support