Old 27th August 2006, 14:45   #1
profion

Convert M4P to MP3 possible?

Does anyone know of a way to convert ITunes protected M4P files into non-protected mp3 files?
Old 27th August 2006, 16:45   #2
Rocker
Hiding in plain sight (mod)

this should work(not tested so i'm not sure)

m4p plug-in
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....&highlight=m4p

then use the mp3 encoder output plugin to output mp3 files

just at a note.... you will loose quality because your transcoding between a lossy format and another lossy format.
so don't expect perfect quality.

or you can have a go at this program
http://hymn-project.org/jhymndoc/
Old 7th October 2006, 03:37   #3
Marhtp

Or record those itunes music and video by playing them. Here is a GUIDE to convert iTunes M4P to MP3.
Old 17th January 2007, 08:51   #4
woodburn

Convert protected music to MP3 File with Virtual CD-RW burning software

Normally, you can burn the protected music files to CD-R/RW disc. then rip them back to MP3.

It cost some CD-RW discs and has a low speed, there is also a software named "NoteBurner" from http://www.noteburner.com can help to convert protected music to MP3 File by using a virtual CD-RW burning method. It automatically integrated the above two steps.
Old 31st January 2007, 04:30   #5
dadofbrook

I tried NoteBurner(http://www.noteburner.com). It worked perfectly on my computer. NoteBurner burns music onto a virtual CD-R. I cannot tell any difference between the original and converted music in terms of the music quality. And I would agree that NoteBurner is super faster and reliable.
Old 16th March 2007, 03:16   #6
tune

noteburner is great!

Thank you so so so much, dadobrook! I tried NoteBurer, it is even better than what you said. Thanks
Old 11th June 2007, 06:52   #7
xzunex

I think the Tunebite is best for convert m4p to mp3
try it now from here dvd-ipod.biz
or dvdtozuneconverter.net
Old 9th July 2007, 15:13   #8
xmike

m4p to mp3

TuneRaft (tuneraft.com) may do it just fine. It may even convert several files at a time. AFAIK there are no competitors with similar features and for similar price.
Moreover if you are an iPod freak like me, you may copy all converted music to your device in one click - that's a pleasant bonus
Old 12th July 2007, 15:42   #9
supergopher

re: TuneRaft

Thanks, xmike! TuneRaft is right stuff!
It really works with any protected media just fine (at least for what I checked). I also tried it on WMA files from Yahoo Music - works again. The idea is great - whatever you can play on your PC, could be converted to regular MP3 - thumbs up!
Old 20th July 2007, 03:41   #10
mini_hammer

"Sharedrmusic" maybe helpful

Normally, you can burn the protected music files to CD-R/RW disc. then rip them back to MP3.It cost some CD-RW discs and has a low speed.
I'v tried a software named "Sharedrmusic", it can help to convert protected music to MP3 File by using a virtual CD-RW burning method. It automatically integrated the above two steps.
Old 20th July 2007, 05:08   #11
sobebongholio

can u use noteburner w/ just winamp? thats the only juke box i have and i really dont want to download itunes...i want to avoid it like the plague really...
Old 14th August 2007, 08:15   #12
tune

pro version works with NoteBurner

If you have pro version of WINAMP, you can burn music with NoteBurner
Old 4th September 2007, 09:49   #13
OpenWay

Also you may try MelodyCan (http://www.************************/) Only a few mouse clicks and you can enjoy any purchased song. It`s cool? I like it
Old 14th September 2007, 19:23   #14
sleepybee34

a way to keep the title/artist info??

I'm using NoteBurner with winamp but it doesnt keep the artist, track info- just renames it disk1, track1, etc.

Anybody know of a way to keep this info?
Old 14th September 2007, 20:53   #15
flocksoft
Major Dude

some unquotable freeware software (forbidden by forums rules) allows to do this (or to convert with all the orginal tags in .aac/.m4a format)

bye
Old 14th September 2007, 21:05   #16
sleepybee34

hmmmmm... any clues.... begins with? rhymes with? :-)
Old 14th September 2007, 22:53   #17
Rocker
Hiding in plain sight (mod)

www.google.com
Old 14th September 2007, 23:42   #18
sleepybee34

no worries I found it- or one at least, thanks!
Old 29th December 2007, 20:26   #19
kill itunes

I think its lovely that the board tells us tat a url is submitted by a user BUT WHY DOES IT MAKE IT SO WE CANT CLICK IT!!!!?!?!?!? and i cant find any references to not being able to post links in rules or FAQ, AND, it seems some people can submit urls, because some of them show up, and as far as i know they are users... What the hell is wrong with this board!, and why cant i find anyone else who seems to think this is a problem?, i registered for this board because i thought that maybe being able to click links was a feature of being a member, but APPARENTLY NOT. Also, if there isnt a way around it, and people know aout it ans are OK with it, WHY DO THEY KEEP POSTING LINKS THAT THEY KNOW WILL BE BLOCKED!!!?!?!?!?!?

sorry. im just really frustrated right now.
Old 29th December 2007, 20:40   #20
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Quote:
Originally posted by kill itunes
BUT WHY DOES IT MAKE IT SO WE CANT CLICK IT!!!!?!?!?!?
It's a spam-guard protection that's in place for any forum member that is still listed as "Junior Member", to prevent them from posting crap and spam (as ex-forums member liliar did above, and was subsequently banned). Now, once you go above 50 posts here, your status changes from "Junior Member" and you are able to post links that can in fact be seen/be clickable.

But... if you see a URL submitted by user non-clickable/spam-guard protected link in any post at these forums, all you need to do is click on the "quote" button at the bottom of that post -->
You can then view the quoted text, in which case the actual link will be revealed, and you can then access the URL after it's revealed to you.
Quote:
I think its lovely...
Yes it is lovely, because it's in place for everybody's protection.
Quote:
...Also, if there isnt a way around it, and people know aout it ans are OK with it, WHY DO THEY KEEP POSTING LINKS THAT THEY KNOW WILL BE BLOCKED!!!?!?!?!?!?
Because there is a way around it and they know they can "quote" the post and access the URL (in the manner I already indicated above).

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Old 29th December 2007, 21:12   #21
kill itunes

thank you very much, as i stated i was very frustrated, and mad at itunes for trying to monopolize the use of their files. again thank you for being nice in your reply, and i apologize for any inconvenience or annoyance i may have caused and i shall not bother you all again.
Old 29th December 2007, 21:18   #22
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Quote:
thank you very much, as i stated i was very frustrated, and mad at itunes for trying to monopolize the use of their files. again thank you for being nice in your reply, and i apologize for any inconvenience or annoyance i may have caused and i shall not bother you all again.
LOL... don't worry about "bothering" any of us here
We all volunteer our free time to help and answer questions, because we love Winamp!
Post back often, and ask as many questions as you need to.
We are here to help!

Yer welcome and Happy Winamping!
Old 30th December 2007, 05:37   #23
nenondubois

I have limited free time to help. Just use goldwave. It's very easy. goldwave.com
Old 22nd May 2008, 17:18   #24
tomypost

Try TuneClone

Try TuneClone ! I converted my music collection of more than 200 files to MP3 files prefectly with it.
Old 31st May 2008, 06:38   #25
robdog2004
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to robdog2004 Send a message via Yahoo to robdog2004
there is a program called my fair tunes dont know how well it works but it takes the drm out of itunes files (not recommended for videos) http://sourceforge.net/projects/myfairtunes/ is the homepage that i can find hope this can help if any other programs stop working

thanks rob
(c)rob 2013 (picture & SN)

(please note) As users we can't give others help unless we get full details of the problem that you are having
Old 28th July 2008, 22:06   #26
robdog2004
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to robdog2004 Send a message via Yahoo to robdog2004
other than these programs you can burn an audio cd (within itunes) and then open the audio cd in winamp (pro version only for mp3) if you dont have the pro version you can program windows media and realplayer to rip as mp3 (not as good of a quality though) it all depends on how many songs you have if you have 21 go ahead and make a audio cd and rip from there if you have 200 may want to use the programs listed

thanks rob
(c)rob 2013 (picture & SN)

(please note) As users we can't give others help unless we get full details of the problem that you are having
Old 23rd September 2008, 06:12   #27
fifiward

Re: Convert protected music to MP3 File with Virtual CD-RW burning software

Quote:
Originally posted by woodburn
Normally, you can burn the protected music files to CD-R/RW disc. then rip them back to MP3.

It cost some CD-RW discs and has a low speed, there is also a software named "NoteBurner" from http://www.noteburner.com can help to convert protected music to MP3 File by using a virtual CD-RW burning method. It automatically integrated the above two steps.
I am using TunePat TunePat which also applies virtual technology for burning protected music. Although it is not as famous as NoteBurner, it is an excellent protected music converting tool in all respects concerning the user interface, converting speed, output file quality, etc. Highly recommended!
Old 23rd September 2008, 18:58   #28
Entegy

One I'd like to suggest is the free program doubleTwist.
Old 26th September 2008, 07:30   #29
anna2008

I am using NoteBurner Audio Converter for converting m4p to mp3.It's very useful to remove DRM from my iTunes purchased music
Old 6th October 2008, 09:37   #30
anna2008

I've found a free audio converter, which is also very good. It is Any Audio Converter. Worth to have a try
Old 20th November 2008, 13:43   #31
silvester_john

I use Tunebite,one of the advantages is that it works for both audio and video files.
Old 24th March 2010, 10:34   #32
tenedor

converting m4p to mp3

To convert m4p to mp3 you can use the following media convertor:
http://www.tuneraft.com/
It converts both protected and unprotected audio/video files and is very easy to use.
Old 7th June 2010, 19:27   #33
Devanna
Banned

MelodyCan will convert ALL video formats (do not care is it protected content or not) that you can play with Windows Media player, iTunes player or Apple Quick Time. Media copy protection will be removed after convertion.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support