Old 7th April 2013, 22:06   #41
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
if u click the up arrow, u do get a sub menu, and it has a check next to local and no check next to cloud. why it should work that way, I have no idea, but it does. also, when its uploaded, nothing is there, and u can't click the nothing. again, I don't get that either.

but ryerman, why should it be there as an up arrow and mandatorily? nearly everything else is by right click, including context menus. and surely it could be by pref? I would only want visual indications of what is in some way available OTHER than LM. so blank for LM only, and something else for any other state.

closest analogy:

when something is unrated, its blank, it doesn't show you "things" in the ratings column for it, unless you hover. i'm simply asking for it to work that way under LM too, if not by default than at least by pref.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
Old 8th April 2013, 04:39   #42
ryerman
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
......but ryerman, why should it be there as an up arrow and mandatorily?.......
So there is something to click, without using a right-click menu.

But I agree that a better looking alternative is to use a right-click menu. Perhaps do away with the up-arrow and add "The Cloud" to the "Send to:" menu. If it was done that way, I would support non-functional icons in the "Cloud" column for files in the cloud, and no icon otherwise.

But if the functional icon is retained, I stand by my original opinion.
It has been said that the up-arrow currently indicates a negative, namely "something NOT in the cloud". That is true.
But it could also mean something positive, namely "here is an opportunity to upload this file". That is true also.

I think MrSinatra already knows this, but just to be clear, I'm not talking about "Cloud Sources", only about Local Media views.

btw, I hope multiple files can be sent to the cloud.
It could be very tedious if only one file is processed at a time.

Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Winamp 5.666, Bento Skin
Old 8th April 2013, 11:39   #43
DrO

ryerman: there is a cloud-specific right-click menu in the library and also in the cloud sources views - though in most cases it only deals with the item which has the selection mark instead of the whole selection (that will hopefully be resolved at a later date - speed issues prevent that at the moment).

additionally the send-to menu is present for cloud sources and that is generally able to do batch actions for sending to a cloud source (even from within the library views) as that just dumps a list of files to the cloud plug-in which then deals with things after the selection instead of before the selection (which is part of the speed issue with doing multiple aspects on the cloud specific right-click / icon menu).

i'm not going to get any further into what the icons should / shouldn't be doing as i've already said this is how i've been told to code things, i've explained what the meaning of the icons is and unless it is determined it needs to be altered, i'm not making any changes and the local library views will be using the logic described as is also used in the cloud source views and in WAFA (since the whole point is being consistent across all of the Winamp devices for this).
Old 8th April 2013, 13:09   #44
ryerman
Major Dude

DrO:
Thanks for your response with the additional information. I said my 2¢ worth and you listened. Maybe my, MrSinatra's, and other feedback will convince management to re-open the icon discussion.

Old 8th April 2013, 19:26   #45
MrSinatra
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryerman View Post
I think MrSinatra already knows this, but just to be clear, I'm not talking about "Cloud Sources", only about Local Media views.
yes, and that goes for me as well. my only beef here, is in how the cloud column/icons are presented/work in LM views.

Quote:
but that can be accomplished anyway, EXACTLY the same way as ratings are done!

notice the ratings column shows NOTHING until you hover, then you see stars.

it doesn't always HAVE to show a pointless up arrow. and then to show nothing when something IS on the cloud, what sense is there in that??

and lets be clear here: when you click the icon in the column, no ACTION happens, nothing is uploaded. all you get is a sub/context menu with two choices: local and cloud. local has a check mark next to it. presumably if u put the check on cloud, up it goes. and once up? you can't click the column at all, you get no menu, nothing to click, no indication other than blankness which is supposed to somehow mean "on the cloud."

but what is even the point of the orig sub menu anyway? why do that at all? its extra, unnecessary steps. it should be if u click the column, it goes up and you get a cloud icon. click it again, its deleted from the cloud, no cloud icon. simple, elegant, easy, intuitive. AND have it show a cloud when you hover, just like ratings.

the way it is now? silly, counter intuitive, cumbersome, inelegant.

Quote:
But I agree that a better looking alternative is to use a right-click menu. Perhaps do away with the up-arrow and add "The Cloud" to the "Send to:" menu. If it was done that way, I would support non-functional icons in the "Cloud" column for files in the cloud, and no icon otherwise.
you could do both. keep the right click menus for those who like them, I don't begrudge anyone that. but for winamps LM views, make the icons show ONLY if you hover, OR if it is CURRENTLY UPLOADED to the cloud.

I just can't even really believe I have to argue this. (not with you ryerman, I highly respect your opinion, but just in general I mean)

Quote:
But if the functional icon is retained, I stand by my original opinion.
It has been said that the up-arrow currently indicates a negative, namely "something NOT in the cloud". That is true.
But it could also mean something positive, namely "here is an opportunity to upload this file". That is true also.
what else in winamp is done like that? ratings aren't. you could put "ABCDEFG" in every metadata field that was otherwise blank, to invite the user to fill it, but what sense is there in that?

the cloud column itself indicates the opportunity, esp if it works the way I described above, meaning the way ratings do now.

hell, leave the arrow on by default, fine, BUT give users who aren't braindead the chance to change the behavior as I have described by pref. that's all I am asking for.

Quote:
btw, I hope multiple files can be sent to the cloud.
It could be very tedious if only one file is processed at a time.
I think you can say "send this batch" but it then only sends them one at a time, but within that batch. i'm still bug hunting it and have had some problems so idk for sure yet.

again, I am NOT trying to insult/piss anyone off, etc... I am trying to help winamp devs. I make my case vigorously, but hopefully not disrespectfully. i'm not known for a light touch, so if I anger anyone, I apologize. and ryerman, again I highly respect your opinion.

--
Old 9th April 2013, 16:05   #46
ryerman
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
Quote:
.....but that can be accomplished anyway, EXACTLY the same way as ratings are done!.....
Maybe I'm missing something.
In my Local Media views, ratings can be set only via the right-click menu. Yes, the stars are exposed when hovering, but clicking on them does nothing. Is there some preference or option to allow changing ratings by clicking an icon? I don't see the point of exposing the stars.

However, I like the idea of constantly displaying informational-only icons but hiding functional icons until hovered. It seems equivalent but smoother than right-clicking for a context menu.

There seems to be some question as to whether or not multiple files will be processed from the Library.
In post #43, DrO reports:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
there is a cloud-specific right-click menu in the library and also in the cloud sources views - though in most cases it only deals with the item which has the selection mark instead of the whole selection (that will hopefully be resolved at a later date - speed issues prevent that at the moment).......
Here is another proposal, inspired by MrSinatra. (MrSinatra, I'm not implying you agree with this, but that your creative thinking helped clarify my thoughts.)

If processing multiple files is not supported:
1. Functional icons are hidden. Hovering over the Cloud column would expose all hidden, pertinent, functional icons available to perform some action. Tooltips to identify their function would be good. Don't display any particular icon if it can't or shouldn't be used. (eg. Don't display an icon for removing a file from the cloud if the file is not in the cloud.).

2. Only icons that convey information about the files relationship to the cloud or other devices are visible. They are non-functional.

3 A file without an icon means it exists only in the Library, without connection to the cloud or any device. (I might change my thinking about that if I ever decipher what DrO is saying in post #28. I don't understand all the terminology.)

4. An up-arrow is suitable as a functional, but hidden icon for files available for uploading.

5. Don't bother exposing non-functional icons by hovering. (Any relevant icons are already visible.)

6. Don't use a context menu.

If processing multiple files is supported:
Keep the functionality as described above for single files but add a context menu for processing multiple files.

I get the feeling that there is some sort of managerial "prime directive" to make the cloud implementation consistent for all Winamp devices. As well, there are hints that the Cloud column in any view will eventually be used to indicate a file's relationship to all devices, not just the cloud. So I won't be surprised if my suggestions are unuseable because of some restriction caused by those plans.

I have no experience with any Winamp except the desktop version and I'm just "brainstorming" in response to the posts in this thread and providing some ideas. As always, others can extract the good ideas, and throw out the trash. And that is not a complaint or even directed at any particular person.

There, that's enough of my rambling.

btw I wonder what happens when the Library is cleared. Is all the Cloud column information lost the same way playcounts are?

Old 9th April 2013, 18:34   #47
MrSinatra
Forum King

Quote:
Maybe I'm missing something.
In my Local Media views, ratings can be set only via the right-click menu. Yes, the stars are exposed when hovering, but clicking on them does nothing. Is there some preference or option to allow changing ratings by clicking an icon? I don't see the point of exposing the stars.
in my winamp, and in a new virgin winamp, you do NOT need to right click to rate something. if u hover, then click it directly, it works just fine. (you can see what you are clicking ONLY when you hover over it). I have no idea why yours is different?

in a virgin setup, this will rate the file in the DB only, but u can save the rating to file via pref. either way, direct click is possible and works.

go to prefs > ML > Appearance > Rating column and you will see a bunch of choices there, although I find them somewhat opaque. I also don't see how u got yours "turned off?" perhaps its your skin? I use bento.

also, notice the top center pane. its unlike the ratings column, where it has small little subdued dots for stars. while I find the ML ratings column implementation (of no dots) superior for the purposes of the ML, even the subdued dots or something like that (as in the center pane, where I do find them appropriate) would be an improvement over these large, intrusive, cluttering, up-arrows.

Quote:
However, I like the idea of constantly displaying informational-only icons but hiding functional icons until hovered. It seems equivalent but smoother than right-clicking for a context menu.
not sure I follow what you mean here? first, have you tried the 5.7b? have u seen these up arrows? they are awful, imo.

they aren't really informational imo, b/c its not intuitive as to what they mean. they aren't really functional either, b/c all that happens when you click one is it brings up a pointless sub menu, a step which is unnecessary and should be skipped.

if a file has no cloud connotations, surely the column should be blank? hover over it, and get functional icons to upload the file. once uploaded, show an icon, and click it to remove from the cloud. surely that's how it should work in the local library view?

Quote:
There seems to be some question as to whether or not multiple files will be processed from the Library.
In post #43, DrO reports:
I need to do some experiments on the new beta. I will eventually.

Quote:
Here is another proposal, inspired by MrSinatra. (MrSinatra, I'm not implying you agree with this, but that your creative thinking helped clarify my thoughts.)

If processing multiple files is not supported:
1. Functional icons are hidden. Hovering over the Cloud column would expose all hidden, pertinent, functional icons available to perform some action. Tooltips to identify their function would be good. Don't display any particular icon if it can't or shouldn't be used. (eg. Don't display an icon for removing a file from the cloud if the file is not in the cloud.).

2. Only icons that convey information about the files relationship to the cloud or other devices are visible. They are non-functional.

3 A file without an icon means it exists only in the Library, without connection to the cloud or any device. (I might change my thinking about that if I ever decipher what DrO is saying in post #28. I don't understand all the terminology.)

4. An up-arrow is suitable as a functional, but hidden icon for files available for uploading.

5. Don't bother exposing non-functional icons by hovering. (Any relevant icons are already visible.)

6. Don't use a context menu.

If processing multiple files is supported:
Keep the functionality as described above for single files but add a context menu for processing multiple files.
i don't really follow you.

i don't understand why it matters if u can process multiple files or not?

with ratings, you can context menu one file, or multiple files. u can only direct click one file at a time though, even if multiple files are selected, (i think, my winamp is crashing so i can't test for sure). the exception is direct clicking an album outside the tracks pane, that then rates all the tracks.

other than that though, i think we agree on how the column should operate, again, in the LOCAL LIBRARY. when you are in there, you only need two functions, upload and remove. but you could have any amount of informational icons, as you said, they'd be visible, just not functional, UNLESS they were the upload one, or the remove one, if remove was feasible / applicable to that file.

Quote:
I get the feeling that there is some sort of managerial "prime directive" to make the cloud implementation consistent for all Winamp devices. As well, there are hints that the Cloud column in any view will eventually be used to indicate a file's relationship to all devices, not just the cloud. So I won't be surprised if my suggestions are unuseable because of some restriction caused by those plans.

btw I wonder what happens when the Library is cleared. Is all the Cloud column information lost the same way playcounts are?
it makes sense to provide a consistent exp, but only up until the point where it doesn't, if you follow me. what might make sense on a phone might not in a given view on a desktop app.

however, i see no reason why some sort of sensible solution can't be found. the devs just have to be willing to listen to their users, and consider the arguments.

if you clear your local ML, your files would still be at the cloud. the cloud services on winamp the desktop app, seem to run their own mirror db of your local db.

--
Old 9th April 2013, 19:24   #48
MrSinatra
Forum King

much as reading metadata on multiple files at once crashes winamp sometimes, so too does selecting a bunch, right clicking, and trying to upload to the cloud. so far, it seems to only send one at a time. but i am sure they want to let you cue up a whole batch. i just believe, given most peoples upload speed constraints, they will only upload one file at a time within any given batch. so if you want to upload xyz, you highlight the 3, tell it to upload, and then x goes, finishes, then y goes, finishes, and finally z goes. granted, i'm making assumptions here, hard to test with things crashing.

--
Old 13th May 2013, 13:26   #49
djpete
Major Dude

I may have missed it and I am sure Winamp has looked right into this but how does this work legally? I would think that a lot of this music may or could be illegally downloaded music. And Winamp is storing these songs on their cloud. So what are the legal ramifications for Winamp and the Cloud user too?

This is my point here
http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/m...607-1fq76.html

Cheers, Pete

Anything & Everything Winamp - All In One Place...
Winamp Enthusiasts Group
Old 13th May 2013, 18:14   #50
robdog2004
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to robdog2004 Send a message via Yahoo to robdog2004
since project is work in progress liability issues will be resolved
though right now music is not shared between users
each user has their own storage space for their music
if the user has illegally maintained the music they upload it is on them not the developers of winamp or its affiliates
if the developers have suspicion and it can be confirmed im sure they can remove said account before a lawsuit insues

thanks rob
(c)rob 2013 (picture & SN)

(please note) As users we can't give others help unless we get full details of the problem that you are having
Old 13th May 2013, 23:07   #51
djpete
Major Dude

Thanks Rob for clarifying.

Cheers, Pete

Anything & Everything Winamp - All In One Place...
Winamp Enthusiasts Group
Old 14th May 2013, 17:38   #52
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

"Copyright" can be a very difficult topic, and there is also a juristing "Grey Area" (I mean it generally)...
Adding own composed music (and composed music from music-cooperations) should be without problems.
I have also music on my harddrive, which is available as free downloads from artists, who use the Creative Commons, and from my artist-collegues, who have sent me their files.
I have also MP3-files from bought CDs. What's about these files? Should files from ripped CDs generally be excluded, if the user wants to upload files to Winamp Cloud?
At least the profiles in Winamp Cloud are only private and never public, adding friends or following people is NOT possible, and nobody else can see the content of a user.

I am coming to another question now:

What is meant with "Payment Method"? I have thought, Winamp Cloud would have also free accounts. I can live with storage-limitations, because I don't use credit cards and I don't make online-banking.

Winamp 5.7 in Beta isn't on my PC yet, because I have fears, that Winamp 5.7x with a different library and different paths for some elements can disturb the folder Winamp in AppData > Roaming, which is managed by my currently 12 Winamps (5.5x & 5.6x). Their common media library contains audio, video, sound-samples from my artist-software and also my artwork. My Winamps 5.5x & 5.6x can live very well together, but Winamp 5.7x could bite them. Then I would need a further own PC for a test, which would have to be connected with the internet, too (my notebook stays as not connected computer). Maximal 4 computer can be connected via cable LAN with our (old) router.

Winamp Cloud in Google Chrome works very fine also without uploaded music-files...

Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...
Old 14th May 2013, 18:22   #53
DrO

if there were legal issues against the laws being adhered too then there wouldn't be the service provided at all. other than reading through the TOS for the service, there's little else anyone here can say.

with the payment aspect, i don't believe there are going to be 'free' accounts but the pricing should be pretty favourable compared to other paid services (sure if we were google we could just give it away but alas that's not the case and it costs money to have people develop and support such a platform).

with 5.7 changing settings locations, sorry but if you're using older client versions then that's not something that is of concern as once 5.7 is final, anything before it is no longer supported.

i've made the changes in the locations of settings files so it's easier moving forward to find and backup specific settings compared to everything all being in a few folders. if you don't like that then alas you'll just have to keep using the older versions and miss out on all of the other non-Cloud fixes that have been made. and having a mix of 5.5x and 5.6x installs doesn't make sense either.

p.s. line breaks between paragraphs would make your posts easier to read.
Old 14th May 2013, 18:44   #54
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I have edited my post for easier reading now.

And sorry, if I am very old fashioned (with the banking-methods). I still use paper forms for banking (to pay money for ordered & recieved CDs and other things).

My Winamps are for my own experiments & explorations, I want to keep it in this way. I hope to have money for a further PC some day, enough place, and Winamp 5.7x can come solo on that PC.

Old 14th May 2013, 18:46   #55
DrO

if you have to have multiple Winamp installs, installing in a different folder will use a different settings folder so there should be no conflict between it and other installs on the same machine. my point is more that 5.5x is up to 5+ years old now and really there isn't a reason to be using such old client versions, but that's just my view (seeing as people until recently were still asking me for v2.x builds of plug-ins *shrugs* ).
Old 14th May 2013, 19:00   #56
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

11 of 12 Winamps live in WinampTest, each Winamp inside a subfolder named by Winamp5.xxx, and I have their shortcuts in other subfolders in a folder (in my username-folder). I got this idea 18 months ago. I could create a new subfolder Winamp5.xxx in WinampTest everytime, for example as adress of Winamp 5.7x, if I decide to install it. Sometimes I use my Main Winamp from the default location, sometimes I use one of my other Winamps...

I hope, that I will not lose my account on Winamp Cloud due to using an old fashioned banking-method. I am still afraid of online-banking. Limitations in Winamp Cloud are not terrible for me now...

Edit: I am searching in http://cloud.winamp.com/tos/ now, but I don't find the words about the 2 kinds of accounts right now (free and subscribed), although I know, I have seen them there...

Old 15th May 2013, 07:19   #57
robdog2004
Major Dude

since cloud will most likely be paid through the same way pro licenses are bought
i doubt you will have issues in ways of finding payments
at this time i dont know if there will be a free account
other than maybe a 1 or 2 gig account (if even that)
all accounts will come with a trial period before charges are posted to any account
as said due to cost of storage space the size for a free account if any would be small
unlike google im sure winamp will most likely be more reliable once all is final

thanks rob

(please note) As users we can't give others help unless we get full details of the problem that you are having
Old 11th July 2013, 15:38   #58
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I don't know, if I should ask that, but this question could be very interesting for the members, who use Winamp 5.7 Beta with Winamp Cloud Beta:

What will happen with the uploaded files in Winamp Cloud Beta, if suddenly the user loses Winamp 5.7 Beta on the computer? It can happen, that suddenly Windows has to be reinstalled because of a virus, because of a harddrive crash or because the harddrive is broken (then at first the whole harddrive has to be replaced). Will the files still stay in Winamp Cloud Beta, until the user has Winamp 5.7 Beta back and can go online again to check the database in Winamp 5.7 Beta and also the files in Winamp Cloud Beta (in Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome)? It would be very good, if the uploaded files can still stay in the time without Winamp 5.7 Beta, maybe after coming back the user wants to add & upload also new files...

I have my reasons, why I have to worry a little bit, but I wrote more about that already in the other threads, and I don't want to repeat now...

Old 11th July 2013, 17:33   #59
robdog2004
Major Dude

the files on cloud will stay the same as it is a seperate login
if you lose your computer to some type of failure and you have uploaded your files to cloud
you will then be able to recover your files (saying that you havent backed them up elsewhere)
also your files will be accessable through any browser in the mean time as long as you havent lost your facebook login
until you reinstall the beta version of winamp or future version of winamp that cloud will be included with you will not be able to listen to or download files through winamp itself

as with any cloud storage the files are stored off of your computer on the internet only accessable by you (or anyone you give access to)
so they are safe from your own hardware failure

once you restore your computer yes you can add more files if your storage space permits

thanks rob

Old 11th July 2013, 17:39   #60
DrO

currently pulling files back down from the cloud hosting is not present (but will be coming).

as long as the same account is used then there isn't an issue with getting access back. the only thing if the machine / Winamp install completely changes is you end up with a new source and the old one (which we need to re-enable the means to be able to remove soon).
Old 11th July 2013, 18:12   #61
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

"pulling files back down from the cloud hosting"... it's good to know, it will be coming, and that's very important, in case a user would suddenly lose all material goods by a fire, flood, tornado or earthquake. At least I have enough backup-copys from all these uploaded files and the most important other files, if one of the other scenarios would happen, where I would keep the same PC. The fire in my mother's apartment last year was really enough and already too much for me...

I myself would use the same account on Winamp Cloud, if a Windows reinstall would happen to me some day (please not on such a tragic way now!). I would reinstall Windows Vista 32-bit on my Workstation PC, which I currently use, too. I have thought about a second built-in harddrive as BOOT(D), to where I would move all the music, to get more free space on BOOT(C), and then there could be a new source for these files, also, if my PC would get another user-name. But I would always use the same user-name as the only one user on this PC. All these things wouldn't matter anymore, if the feature to remove an old PC and to add a new PC will be re-enabled soon...

Thank You for Your replies, DrO and robdog2004...

Old 11th July 2013, 18:21   #62
robdog2004
Major Dude

just be careful with multiple locations for music (noticed with laptop and desktop)
as it will reindex the files and sometimes may see a difference in uploaded files and files on the hard drive and may show duplicates in the web version

thanks rob

Old 11th July 2013, 18:28   #63
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Good to know that, rob. Then the files, which are also on Winamp Cloud, have to stay, where they are now. Or I would only move the photos, the videos and the podcasts, which I didn't upload, and I would never upload the podcasts, they are already public in the other big platforms, and I got them from there...

Maybe I should delete my finished video-projects, then I will have over 100 GB more free space. Especially the screen-recordings by MAGIX Video Deluxe 17 Premium eat very much disk space. My videos are already on YouTube, and I will never work again on my finished projects anymore, although for me it's a very difficult decision to delete them...

Old 17th July 2013, 09:48   #64
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Finally I can write here again on Frank's PC (he has no Winamp). 2 days after my previous post the harddrive of my Workstation PC has died. Waiting for the telephone call from the servce shop today. I have opened an own thread:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=366311

I have decided for 2 new harddrives. My files (also on my notebook and on many USB-Sticks) will be copied into other locations, and I have to build up a new main.idx. Which file from the copied folder (always copied from Username > AppData > Roaming on USB-Sticks) is for the media library views, their columns, the size of the player control and the size of the playlist editor (for Bento)? Otherwise I have to make also these parts new, fortunately I wrote a .txt-file about the media library views, their columns, the playlists and online-services.

The service-shop wants to give another username on my Workstation PC, although I wanted to have the old username. This means, I have to add a new PC. Currently I cannot remove the old PC in the web version.

Can I still go online in Winamp Cloud on Frank's PC in Google Chrome, while my PC is not connected and without Winamp? Until now I hestitated to login.

PS, I have currently connected another web player with SoundCloud in Google Chrome on Frank's PC to keep my playlists up to date...

Old 17th July 2013, 10:06   #65
robdog2004
Major Dude

yes you can login to the web version to play files through the browser without messing with a users computer (note all files may not show)
as long as no network firewall prevents it (some work places and schools)
once your computer is redone there will not be a issue with exsisting files it will just reindex the current files and will look for changes and will show the old computer as a device in the cloud menu

thanks rob

Old 17th July 2013, 11:04   #66
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Thank You, rob.

I am online now. I see my uploaded files, also the old local library, which doesn't exist on my PC anymore.

I am playing the files now. I had many hours of work to embed the album art with Mp3tag before uploading the files, but I wanted to see the album art in Google Chrome, and it works. I am very satisfied.

Over 3000 tracks are online now. I wasn't able anymore to upload the newest file, which I got from SoundCloud, but the whole story is in my own thread.

Old 26th July 2013, 05:36   #67
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Since 1 week I have my PC back. I had questions, because in the service shop they had set up the wrong username... http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=366832 Finally I have connected Winamp 5.7 Beta with Winamp Cloud again. I got duplicates of the media library playlists, but I have solved this problem, I just deleted them in Winamp and Winamp Cloud.

I see 2 PCs with the same name now in Winamp Cloud. The "dead" PC had nearly 20000 itmes (I had once over 20000 items in the media library). The "new" PC shows only nearly 3000 items in Winamp Cloud, although I have currently 7629 items in the media library of Winamp. I can only hope, that I will see more items in Winamp Cloud tomorrow, if not, then I have a problem. I also don't see in Winamp, which files I have already uploaded to Winamp Cloud. I don't want to start from scratch, because I needed so many hours for the uploading of the albums. Maybe I can simply upload new files, where I know, that I didn't upload them yet. I never wanted to have such a situation.

In Winamp I see no items in Local Library, it wasn't possible to load the "PC" and the Winamp Storage, only the media library itself is loaded very quickly. Because it's freshly connected, maybe it just needs more time (because it would take a while).

I will keep my eyes open and I will look tomorrow again...

Old 26th July 2013, 17:55   #68
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Because I had the same thing today, I did following steps:

I logged out in Winamp, then I logged in again. Finally I saw the items in Winamp Storage inside of Winamp, which I didn't upload from the new install, but from the older (dead) install. In Local Library I saw 2 new tracks, which I got today from SoundCloud, not the other (older) items. I have cleared the Media Library and rescanned my folder "SabineKlare2" on D, I have logged out and in, at least I saw 7628 of 7630 items now. I have moved the 2 new files out and back, I have deleted them, I have copied them back from USB-Sticks, while Winamp was closed, Winamp is open again with 7630 items in Media Library, but not all of them are listed also in Local Library. Winamp says, many files are incompatible, and is removing them from Local Library. Winamp is not yet ready with this action. Maybe that could have been the reason, why I didn't see all items in Local Library the first time...

Winamp Cloud in Google Chrome shows a little bit more items of the new SABINEKLARE-PC now after reloading the page, no items yet in the playlists, but I will come back tomorrow and look again. I think, I will see also the other items soon...

Maybe I am not the only-one user of Winamp Cloud, who had to experience a reinstall of Windows...

If you also have problems, just try something around, like I myself did, You will always find a solution...

Old 20th November 2013, 22:02   #69
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I have a question now, after I got these very sad news today:

http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/20/5...-over-15-years

What will happen to Winamp Cloud? Will it stay or will it also disappear?...

Winamp was the best media player. No other media player will be so good...

I have also loved Winamp Cloud, and I have thought, also Winamp for Android and Winamp for Mac would have a good future...

Old 20th November 2013, 22:03   #70
DrO

Winamp Cloud was an associated web service for Winamp, so will fall under that side of things as per the download page's notice.
Old 20th November 2013, 22:28   #71
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

And also these 3 profiles will disappear:

http://www.winamp.com/user/details/4446203
http://www.winamp.com/user/details/4467539
http://forums.winamp.com/member.php?u=391924

Only my other music-profiles in all the other platforms will remain...

Thank You for the 15 years Winamp and for all the good work...

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp Online Services > Winamp Cloud