cyana
total eclipsed
(Major Dude)

hehe <cyanathewicked> :d
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2001, 16:47   #82
e-blackadder

wow

8 1/2 hours from first post to a 3 page thread. Anyone know what the record is?
e-blackadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2001, 17:46   #83
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Re: wow

Quote:
Originally posted by e-blackadder
8 1/2 hours from first post to a 3 page thread. Anyone know what the record is?
heh, no , and if anyone is sad enuff to know the answer , well get outside more
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2001, 19:23   #84
The Only Lynx
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to The Only Lynx
im back.. was at work.. was late
but anyways..

i do think its sick to play with hitler like that...

"when you are with me i'm free, i'm careless, i believe"
The Only Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2001, 20:05   #85
DigitalDragon

Just home from vacation....

and look at all the fun I missed! Great photo, Mrs. B! I got my paraphernalia yesterday, wore the cap around all evening. Wasn't as creative with the stickers, passed a couple out to friends to help spread the WinAmp gospel. Have about 50 threads to catch up on... will probably just start here and catch up when I can. Congrats again to Amp and Mrs. B! And a raft of thank-yous to all you skin lovers.
DigitalDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2001, 20:26   #86
Duk
Major Dude

Hummmina hummmmmmina hummmmmmmmina!!!

Lordy lordy!!! ::gulp:: Ok *NEW* rule, only females get to win these contests from now on. And after winning, they *MUST* creatively display their awards for all to see!!! Oh yes, me likes this trend LOTS!!!

Wheeee!!! Ok, so I am married and 28 ... tee heeeee ... how 'bout an answer for poor sweet innocent old Duk, huh Mrs B?

:: pushes out bottom lip ... looks up with sad puppydog eyes ::

Duk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2001, 20:40   #87
ampburner
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to ampburner Send a message via AIM to ampburner Send a message via Yahoo to ampburner
Ok... why haven't I gotten my goodies yet, and where do Mrsbladez and Nini live?
ampburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2001, 20:45   #88
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Re: Just home from vacation....

Quote:
Originally posted by DigitalDragon
Re: Just home from vacation....
Heh, figured as much , what would you like as your custom title oh mighty dragon
Old 1st August 2001, 22:11   #89
cappy17
Major Dude

So yeah, I was wondering where 'Dragon's nifty title was. Now we know, I guess. He's out back, pondering...pondering.

And 'Dragon: wear that hat with pride. It's good for formal occasions and, I hear, official interviews for such things as bank loans. MJ landed a bucketload of money whilst wearing his hat.

Ah, mrsbladez, you've taken my rollerblading fantasies into a whole new chapter...

Lunatic fringe, we know you're out there.
cappy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2001, 00:23   #90
mrsbladez

WOW! I got a get a new hat more often, LOL.

Amp, DD and I are in the States. No worries. I'm sure the llama is truckin' across Europe as we speak . And we STILL want to see you in your T-shirt. hehe

Awwww DD.. No Winamp Speedo??? What's up with that?? LOL

Duk..hmmm, hehe

And Cappy.. ahhhh another of the world's youth corrupted. I can cross that off my "to do" list for today. All part of my plan for world domination. muhahahaha
mrsbladez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2001, 00:28   #91
ampburner
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to ampburner Send a message via AIM to ampburner Send a message via Yahoo to ampburner
Well If you're both in the US then it's all good
note...If I'm gonna post pictures of me wearing my Tshirt, that means you two are going to post some of yourself aswell right?
Old 2nd August 2001, 00:36   #92
mrsbladez

Amp, Are you insinuating that my pic might not be an acurate portrayal of me donning my prizes?? hehe

Well it's not that impossible anyway, lol. They don't call it "8 min Abs" for nothin.
Old 2nd August 2001, 00:38   #93
Duk
Major Dude

We'd never dream of making such a request from you all. You needn't strip yourselves naked (so to speak ) for the world to see in forum. Who you are ... i.e., what you look like is a private thing ... you certainly aren't required to show us all.

We would like to see the toyz you got in use tho if that be ok? Plaster the stickers on yer dog ... put the hat on yer cat. That'll do.
Duk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2001, 00:39   #94
ampburner
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by mrsbladez
Amp, Are you insinuating that my pic might not be an acurate portrayal of me donning my prizes?? hehe

Well it's not that impossible anyway, lol. They don't call it "8 min Abs" for nothin.
LOL
That isn't you? get outta here! You could have fooled me!
Old 2nd August 2001, 14:13   #95
ampburner
Forum King

w007!!! Got my Baseball cap and stickers this morning dang, no T-shirt ...Oh well
Old 2nd August 2001, 14:51   #96
The Only Lynx
Major Dude

cool ampy.. congrats!!

Old 2nd August 2001, 16:51   #97
DigitalDragon

Custom Title, huh? Hmmm.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Jones

Heh, figured as much , what would you like as your custom title oh mighty dragon [/B]
How about "Nattering Nabob of Negativism"?

Points awarded to whomever can recall the source of the title.

Old 2nd August 2001, 17:54   #98
e-blackadder

Quote:
In a speech in San Diego in 1970, then Vice President Spiro Agnew used the phrase "nattering nabobs of negativism" to describe supposed intellectuals who attacked American policy. "Natter" is defined as "to nag, to find fault peevishly," and a "nabob" is "a native provincial deputy or governor of the old Mogul empire in India; a native district ruler in India" or "European who has become rich in India" or "a very rich man" (Websters New Universal Unabridged Dictionary, Deluxe Second Edition). Agnew's speech writers undoubtedly put the terms together because of their alliterative value, but the phrase does paint an interesting although unpleasant word picture of a self-important person nagging and criticizing everyone else.
(The detective strikes again! muhahahahahahaha)
e-blackadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2001, 19:22   #99
The Only Lynx
Major Dude

damn you blackadder, you beated me to it hehehehehe

Old 2nd August 2001, 22:12   #100
DigitalDragon

He shoots, he scores!

Quote:
Originally posted by e-blackadder
Quote:
In a speech in San Diego in 1970, then Vice President Spiro Agnew used the phrase "nattering nabobs of negativism" to describe supposed intellectuals who attacked American policy. "Natter" is defined as "to nag, to find fault peevishly," and a "nabob" is "a native provincial deputy or governor of the old Mogul empire in India; a native district ruler in India" or "European who has become rich in India" or "a very rich man" (Websters New Universal Unabridged Dictionary, Deluxe Second Edition). Agnew's speech writers undoubtedly put the terms together because of their alliterative value, but the phrase does paint an interesting although unpleasant word picture of a self-important person nagging and criticizing everyone else.
(The detective strikes again! muhahahahahahaha)
Points earned and awarded! For whatever that's worth....

Agnew delivered the phrase, but bonus points to whomever can name the man who authored them.
Old 2nd August 2001, 22:33   #101
The Only Lynx
Major Dude

this is the 100th reply to this topic..

Old 2nd August 2001, 23:08   #102
cappy17
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by mrsbladez
And Cappy.. ahhhh another of the world's youth corrupted.[/i]
Ah, mrsbladez, you make me blush.

While I appreciate the sentiment and it is true many remark on my youthful charm, I do believe you and I graduated from high school the same year. Such as it is, my youth was corrupted loooong ago. I may even be a step or two ahead of you...

Lunatic fringe, we know you're out there.
cappy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2001, 23:17   #103
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Heh, must have missed that one, Cappy , youthfull heh, dat's a good one, eh old man
Old 3rd August 2001, 00:20   #104
Mr. Bojanglez
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Bojanglez Send a message via AIM to Mr. Bojanglez Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Bojanglez
hmmmmm...

huh?
Mr. Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2001, 02:58   #105
ampburner
Forum King

the words "post" and "pumper" come to mind
Old 3rd August 2001, 03:19   #106
Xerxes
Capitalist Alumni

Send a message via ICQ to Xerxes
Re: He shoots, he scores!

Quote:
Originally posted by DigitalDragon
Agnew delivered the phrase, but bonus points to whomever can name the man who authored them. [/B]
I venture a guess - Ben Stien?
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2001, 04:08   #107
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
um....

what is the topic again? does anyone remember? anyone...? i'm scared...
dlinkwit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2001, 05:06   #108
mrsbladez

Bueller? Bueller?

Good guess Xerxes, would be mine too. DD?? e-black??

Quote:
Originally posted by DLiNKWiT27
what is the topic again? does anyone remember? anyone...? i'm scared...
Something about a chick in a bikini I believe . But you know easy it is to stray from that topic

Dig your sig DLiNKWiT I know you said you refuse to find out but, (there's always a but..lol..) I do know that Joe Pantoliano said it in "The Matrix" (you know the part when he's eating the steak?) but no clue who said/wrote it first.

[oops] Yea! Amp on getting your goodies. The Tee will come I'm sure .[end of oops]

Old 3rd August 2001, 06:19   #109
Xerxes
Capitalist Alumni

Send a message via ICQ to Xerxes
Forrr Drrry, red eyyyes... ;-)

yesss i know that Ben Stien was the paradigm of boring "OK classss.... tooday we willll be learnniing..." teachers- as seen in ferris bueller's day off- but he was also a speech writer during the Nixon administration- so its a somewhat educated guess.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2001, 06:43   #110
mrsbladez

Yep, and he was also my guess . The Bueller reference was for the younger set who are staring at the screen right now going "Nixon who??".
Old 3rd August 2001, 07:20   #111
Maurecia

Re: Forrr Drrry, red eyyyes... ;-)

Quote:
Originally posted by Xerxes
yesss i know that Ben Stien was the paradigm of boring "OK classss.... tooday we willll be learnniing..." teachers-
Rather than paradigm, don't you mean epitome?

Quote:
as seen in ferris bueller's day off-
And The Wonder Years!
Maurecia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2001, 07:59   #112
Mr. Bojanglez
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Bojanglez Send a message via AIM to Mr. Bojanglez Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Bojanglez
hmmmm

huh......
Old 3rd August 2001, 08:11   #113
mrsbladez

Bo..that is really irritating. Post something of substance please (ie: more than just hmmmmmm.. and 1 or 2 words) or don't waste time (yours and ours) posting at all.

And you wonder why the mods give you a hard time? .

As a wise regular mentioned before:
"the words "post" and "pumper" come to mind"

Yes they do.. and it's getting old.
Old 3rd August 2001, 08:27   #114
RanDom_ErrOr
Banned

Location: The loony bin, just outside of nutsville,USA. I would visit you, but my room is padded and i cant get out...
Send a message via ICQ to RanDom_ErrOr Send a message via AIM to RanDom_ErrOr
rolls his eyes

god long thread... (This is a long thread. Click here to review it.)

*rolls his eyes*
RanDom_ErrOr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2001, 08:38   #115
mrsbladez

Hey now.. rolleyes is *mine*. Watadoo said so . LOL
Old 3rd August 2001, 08:41   #116
Mr. Bojanglez
Major Dude

hmmmmmmm ....

alrite mrsbladez lets go over a few things....

First of, the title that you use for your posts are optional and it doesn't really matter what you wirte, it isn't illegal to use the word hmmm for each title, thats not post pumping, and I'm sick of people telling me what to use as the title for my posts, I personally do not give a care if you like my "hmm" title, thats like me taking the period off of my screen name or changing a word in my profile because it annyos you.

Secondly it takes you longer to read one word than it does a paragraph so if reading one word is a waste of time, then what is it called when someone writes multiple paragraphs? A super waste of time? A giant waste of time. Or is it that everyone but me can read 100 words faster than they can read one word. I don't know, you tell me, also if i'm wasting my time by posting one word replys what are you doing? Your last post was 20 words at least, you wasted 20 times as much time as I did din't you?

Thirdly the only time I use single word replys is to express my confusion, is that so wrong, do you think i got all of my posts from writing huh everyday? And if i never ever wrote hmm i'd still have as many posts. Its not my fault threads are hard to keep up with due to the fact that they wander off topic, but since you must have things your way here is what I propose:

Instead of writing huh? to express confusion I will write one of the following multi-word sentences:

I am sorry I cannot express the extent of my confusion at the current time which at my home residednce is 2:34 a.m., please feel free to take 3 minutes to explain what is going on in this thread, thanks for the help, and I hope that you will give my thank you a welcome, because not even the words thank you want to be lonely. This sentence was written by Mr. Bojanglez and finished somewhere inbetween 2:35 and 2:36 my time.

There I went from hu to all of that, lets do a word count:

huh-1 word
m new sentence- about 80 words,

if writing one word is a waste of my time then I just wasted 80x as much time....hmmmmmmmm...

So in conclusion do not attempt to lecture me about a problem that isn't really existent. I am sorry for breaking the rules, what a minute what I am saying those aren;t rules i violated... Sorry then for causing you to feel annoyed. And seeing as you hae a problem with me posting hmmm as my title I will change it to "grrrrr" from now on to better suit your wants.

Thanks
Senor Janglin'Bos

Bojanglez Dizclaimer: This current post is not a flame, if it is seen as one then please close your eyes and imaging it didn't seem like a flame.

Old 3rd August 2001, 08:45   #117
Mr. Bojanglez
Major Dude

grrrrrr.....

by thw way random error I saw you over at deviant art, nice skin...
Old 3rd August 2001, 09:02   #118
mrsbladez

At least you posted something of substance.. it's a start. And no Bo..I don't need to have things "my" way here. Go back and read the replys to most of your comments (not just this thread, there are several). I'm not the only one who feels this way. I'm just not as diplomatic as most when something grates on my nerves.

And one more thing.. if you recall when you first stormed in here a month or so ago.. I was one of the few who tried to befriend you, get you to relax and check out how it works around here. You chose to ignore me and do things "your way". The result was a temporary ban and a watchful eye from the mods. Jumping down my throat the first time I ask you to post an intelligible question is uncalled for. I made a request and explained my reasoning behind it. Ok so it wasn't so tactful, I apologize, but like I said, I'm not the only one who has noticed the pattern of posting you've developed.

No flaming here..just a difference of opinions. If the rest of us can follow the protocol of forum posting, I don't see why you can't too. Just a thought.
Old 3rd August 2001, 09:11   #119
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

How about some more bikini pics nyuk nyuk nyuk
Old 3rd August 2001, 09:18   #120
Mr. Bojanglez
Major Dude

angrier grrrrrrrr

actually mrs. bladez to be quite honest with you your one of the few people here that I don't have a problem with....

But don't say a month or so, I cam in at the end of may, thats over a month ago, and don't trat me like I'm not a regular here or like I'm a newbie because I've made my own little spot in this place over the last few months.

But my only question is...where do people get the idea that posting hmmmm in your title or posting one word replies is grounds for a banning, seeing as I've been banned 1 and almost 2 times I have read the rules and noticed that there is not a single word in their regarding the word hmmm or one word replies. I follow the protocol of this place, its just that at times I may not do things that appeal to you,but it causes me to think....

A) Is my internet browser broken... are there a set of rules that my internet explorer 5.5 won't allow me to see, is there somekind of underground rules letter that everyone recieves besides me?

(90% percent of the time people refer to rules that are not in the actual rule list, one time a moderator even informed me that you can get banned from the forums for using ICQ...)

B) Is there some kind of anti-bojanglez group around here

(I didn't think so at first but after being having things of mine altered and distorted by mods I do believe so)

So in with the combination of those two I am forced to coincide with rules that i've never actually seen before, what I am trying to say was that someone needs to update the frickin rule list, either that or people need to stop complaining and telling me that I'm breaking rules that don't exist.

But no matter what I will continue to use the word "grrr" as my title
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Classic Skins