Old 15th September 2002, 18:36   #201
not in santiago

I have the distinct feeling I'm holding up the show . . . .

I've been working on this for the past 32ish hours and I'm ALMOST done (told ya I was saaaaaaloooooooow. Didn't believe me, did ya? ). Just have the AVS, Mikro and Mbinner to do, so I'm thinking an hour. (Maybe two. Slow. Yes. Right.)

However, if you want to lower the boom and stop taking submissions now, that's totally fine by me. I was never one to keep begging for extensions. I'm not entirely happy with this skin anyway. It's kind of busy and compels me to watch Bride of Frankenstein.

But just to prove I'm not lying to you . . .
Attached Images
File Type: gif aa2.gif (64.0 KB, 126 views)
not in santiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2002, 18:48   #202
e-raser
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to e-raser Send a message via AIM to e-raser
looking very sweet, i'm looking forward to trying it out
e-raser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2002, 19:13   #203
StillWater
Forum King

Wow! Those EQ bars look terrific! I can't wait to try them out. Looks like you've got somthing similar going on with the Volume and Balance, too. I don't think the skin looks too busy. I guess the waves everywhere tend to lean it towards 'busyness', but I think that the uniformity of the colour scheme keeps it nicely under control. The posbar, cbuttons, and PL stacks are also great Well, as always, I'll try to critisise where I can. Just small things:

-I take it that the buttons such as the shufrep and auto are "off" when blurred and "on" when unblurred. I'm assuming that's how it is, although I'm not certain - so perhaps it would be clearer if the "unpressed" buttons were just a few shades darker or a few percentages mroe transparent.

-I'm tempted to think that the vis area would look better without the dots

-I don't like the grey colour of the selected background in the pledit.txt so much.

Sow a thought, reap an action; sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.

All my skins: @ winamp.com @ 1K1WS @ Deviantart.com

My latest Flash Project: BreathingEarth.net
StillWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2002, 20:09   #204
dimichan
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to dimichan
More time, no problem as far as I'm concerned... maybe I'll add some cursors myself
dimichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2002, 20:13   #205
StillWater
Forum King

Well, since 3 of you are all so close to completing your skins, I will hold the deadline till when you are all finished, so by all means make cursors and whatever improvements you like.... but - c'mon, c'mon people, lets get this show on the road!

Sow a thought, reap an action; sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.

Old 15th September 2002, 21:12   #206
dimichan
Major Dude

Well, thought I was done til I thought of cursors, BUUUT Microangelo seems to think otherwise, had them all done, and for some reason they're all loading as the normal default... >_< *kicks microangelo* though they show up fine in windows... ARGH
Old 15th September 2002, 21:17   #207
StillWater
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by dimichan
Well, thought I was done til I thought of cursors, BUUUT Microangelo seems to think otherwise, had them all done, and for some reason they're all loading as the normal default... >_< *kicks microangelo* though they show up fine in windows... ARGH
That's strange. Are they animated? Are they an unusual color setting (eg. 256 colours)? If you like, upload them and I'll see if they work on my computer

Old 15th September 2002, 21:41   #208
dimichan
Major Dude

Ok, kicking it worked, it's still at the same link, I've just been updating as I went along Final entry
Good luck to everyone, I know I'd never be able to choose because they're all so different! ^_^
Old 15th September 2002, 23:17   #209
not in santiago

I'm sorry, did I say one hour? I meant four.

Sorry, sorry, sorry. My brain feels like it's taking a vacation in La Brea and my kamikaze computer has been spiting me quite frequently all morning/afternoon.

I'm done. That's it. C'est fini. I'm sure it's bug-ridden, but that's what I get for submitting it so late. Cursors are not done because a) the obvious not enough time and b) I haven't worked my way up to cursors yet. That's the last Winamp element I have to learn. Right now, I'm still fighting with the mbinner.

I changed the colour in the Pledit, db. Thanks for the suggestion. I usually do that at the beginning, and then fail to give it a second thought, despite the unflattering results. As for the vis area, I started out without dots, but there was just a blank space with no stars (I'm talking when the vis was on) and I didn't care for it.

You're right about the blurry/sharp buttons in on/off states. I did sharpen the off/inactive text a bit, and I feel I kept it sharp enough to read, yet blurry enough to tell the difference between the on and off states (so sleepy . . . grammar . . . failing . . .)

The eq bars may look good, but are a little disappointing in action. I must have tried a million different eq ideas (yup, I counted) to no satisfactory success.

Anyway, if you still want the skin, it's . . . coming. My modem is just about as fast as I am, plus Tripod is being bitchy.

Thank you for your patience.
Old 16th September 2002, 00:36   #210
not in santiago

Okay. I hope this works:

Auntie Aubrey Amp

If the link doesn't work, I'd be more than happy to e-mail the file.
Old 16th September 2002, 02:17   #211
StillWater
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by not in santiago
Okay. I hope this works:

Auntie Aubrey Amp

If the link doesn't work, I'd be more than happy to e-mail the file.
The link doesn't work for me. Send it to dawidbleja(at)hotmail(dot)com

Old 16th September 2002, 08:20   #212
StillWater
Forum King

e-raser, I just noticed that your skin has still got the readme.txt from Template Amp. (also, since you've included an alternate volume.bmp, you may as well let people know in the readme )

//there is also fairly large file in there called thumbs.db

Also, I only now realised that you made an AVS preset for the skin. I just checked it out - it's wicked!

Old 16th September 2002, 08:43   #213
StillWater
Forum King

not in santiago: I received your skin alive and well. As you said, the EQ animation isn't the smoothest animation in the world - but cool looking animations are fun to play with for about 30 seconds. You then have to look at the motionless EQ for the rest of the time you have the skin loaded. And when motionless, your EQ is eye-candy

You said in your email that you found some bugs and might want to repair them. Well, I didn't find any, actually, but if you see them you see them. When you decide to do whatever you decide to do, can you please let me know whether I am to wait for an update or go with the WSZ I have now? Thanks.

dimichan: OK. I now have your final version. All's well.

dekt: Still waiting for yours.

Chiquita Chad: So the version on winamp.com is the final version, yes?

e-raser: Can you let me know whether you plan to make any changes to your skin? (see post above) Thanks.

Old 16th September 2002, 20:29   #214
chiquita chad
Forum King

its my final entry to the contest but its not the final skin. im gonna make a new titlebar and change some things.

plus my skin is w0k.

Artist Track
chiquita chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2002, 20:37   #215
not in santiago

Go with the skin I've sent because:

a) I'm not going to have time to fix it

b) Maybe you're right. Maybe there aren't any. Maybe I'm just hallucinating. Again.

I finally had time to check out everybody else's skins (I didn't want to before I finished 'cause I didn't want to scare myself into quitting.) They're all very keen and it's going to be difficult to pick a winner.

That, by the way, was not an obligatory gracious statement. I meant that!
Old 17th September 2002, 00:00   #216
dekt

*dekt sneaks into class and very carefully puts submission into middle of pile, hoping teacher doesn't catch him*

Thing that's kept everyone waiting (sorry)

Support your local team
dekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2002, 02:38   #217
e-raser
Major Dude

i'll fix it pronto!!!
Old 17th September 2002, 03:13   #218
e-raser
Major Dude

just reposted with corrections.
now i need some one to delet the other copy cuz the edit/remove option no longer works in the skinning menu
Old 17th September 2002, 03:27   #219
dimichan
Major Dude

if you take out the second "classic" in the url it does i.e. classic.winamp.com/classic/user/submit/ becomes classic.winamp.com/user/sumbit etc.
(someone else who has too much time on her hands)
^_^
Old 17th September 2002, 08:40   #220
StillWater
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by e-raser
The old version is still at winamp.com. I guess it will be published fairly soon. Can you please make a post here or PM me when it does get published. If it takes too long to get re-reviewed and re-published for some reason, just send it here:

dawidbleja(at)hotmail[dot]com

cheers

Old 17th September 2002, 09:54   #221
binary hero
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to binary hero
there is me thinking the review queue was down to about 24 hours...or is that too long for you
binary hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2002, 10:30   #222
StillWater
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by binary hero
there is me thinking the review queue was down to about 24 hours...or is that too long for you
?

Old 17th September 2002, 14:39   #223
StillWater
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by e-raser
now i need some one to delet the other copy cuz the edit/remove option no longer works in the skinning menu
e-raser, just email it to me. No matter how efficient the reviewing squad is now, there's no point in waiting for it when I can get it instantly through an e-mail. At the moment, everything is ready for the voting to begin...I just need your skin.

Old 18th September 2002, 15:09   #224
StillWater
Forum King

To all the skinners (Chiquita Chad, Dekt, Dimichan, E-raser, Not In Santiago) :

I started the competition because I wished there was a really good Orb skin out there. Now there are 5 - for me, the competition was a total success The skins are great, and - even though I've studied them all quite thoroughly, I still have no idea how I'll vote (and I'm not just saying that). It will be my pleasure to make the video for the winner. Thanks heaps for entering, and I hoped you enjoyed making the skins as much as I will enjoy using them. Good luck!

And the rest of you - it's time to go and vote

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Classic Skins