X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DrO
    • Sep 2003

rsg: pm sent with a link to a test build to try out.

-daz
    WACUP Project <‖> "Winamp Ramblings" - Indie Winamp Dev Blog

Comment

• WHITELIONX
      • Nov 2011

Nevermind I got everything working as to exactly how I want/need it to work
      Last edited by WHITELIONX; 16 November 2011, 05:38.

Comment

• GeorgeT
        • Nov 2011

Bad password

Hi I have a problem, the client cannot connect to the server. The program writes a bad password Even if the password is correct. When you enter the ip and port to the browser indicates that the server is ok. What is it?
        Sorry for my english :-)
        sc_serv.log
        2012-01-03 00:19:35 I msg:[MAIN] Logger updating log file to use
        2012-01-03 00:19:35 I msg:[MAIN] Loaded config from sc_serv.conf
        2012-01-03 00:19:35 I msg:[MAIN] Calculated CPU count is 2
        2012-01-03 00:19:35 I msg:[MAIN] Starting 2 network threads
        2012-01-03 00:19:35 I msg:[MICROSERVER] Listening for connection on port 9040
        2012-01-03 00:19:35 I msg:[MICROSERVER] Listening for connection on port 9041
        2012-01-03 00:19:49 I msg:[SRC 92.243.xxx.xxx:31433 sid=1] SHOUTcast 1 source connection.
        2012-01-03 00:19:49 E msg:[SRC 92.243.xxx.xxx:31433 sid=1] connection denied. Bad password.
        2012-01-03 00:19:58 I msg:[SRC 92.243.xxx.xxx:31435 sid=1] SHOUTcast 1 source connection.
        2012-01-03 00:19:58 E msg:[SRC 92.243.xxx.xxx:31435 sid=1] connection denied. Bad password.
        2012-01-03 00:19:59 I msg:[SRC 92.243.xxx.xxx:31438 sid=1] SHOUTcast 1 source connection.
        2012-01-03 00:19:59 E msg:[SRC 92.243.xxx.xxx:31438 sid=1] connection denied. Bad password.
        2012-01-03 00:20:00 I msg:[SRC 92.243.xxx.xxx:31440 sid=1] SHOUTcast 1 source connection.
        2012-01-03 00:20:00 E msg:[SRC 92.243.xxx.xxx:31440 sid=1] connection denied. Bad password.
        2012-01-03 00:20:00 I msg:[SRC 92.243.xxx.xxx:31442 sid=1] SHOUTcast 1 source connection.
        2012-01-03 00:20:00 E msg:[SRC 92.243.xxx.xxx:31442 sid=1] connection denied. Bad password.
        2012-01-03 00:20:00 I msg:[SRC 92.243.xxx.xxx:31444 sid=1] SHOUTcast 1 source connection.
        2012-01-03 00:20:00 E msg:[SRC 92.243.xxx.xxx:31444 sid=1] connection denied. Bad password.
        2012-01-03 00:20:01 I msg:[SRC 92.243.xxx.xxx:31446 sid=1] SHOUTcast 1 source connection.
        2012-01-03 00:20:01 E msg:[SRC 92.243.xxx.xxx:31446 sid=1] connection denied. Bad password.

Comment

• DrO
          • Sep 2003

well the DNAS keeps getting the wrong password from the source which is trying to connect (clarification of what you are using as the source would be useful), so either it is wrong in the source you're using or you've found a new bug in the DNAS (which i doubt).

-daz

Comment

• GeorgeT
            • Nov 2011

Originally Posted by DrO View Post
            well the DNAS keeps getting the wrong password from the source which is trying to connect (clarification of what you are using as the source would be useful), so either it is wrong in the source you're using or you've found a new bug in the DNAS (which i doubt).

-daz
            I uninstalled the shoutcast server, cleared the registry and deleted the remaining files, but it still writes bad password :-(

Comment

• DrO
              • Sep 2003

i can only go on what you've posted and without _any_ of the information i've asked for in my prior reply, there is _nothing_ i can do to aid in tracking down your issue which i still think is due to the wrong details being entered in the source (whatever that is) that you are using.

-daz

Comment

• GeorgeT
                • Nov 2011

I'm sorry :-) So I use Virtual DJ 7 PRO

sc_serv.conf

code:
                ;DNAS configuration file
                ;Made with the SHOUTcast 2 Configuration Builder

password=f3ntM2Cx
                adminpassword=administrator
                portbase=9040
                requirestreamconfigs=1
                logfile=sc_serv.log
                w3clog=sc_w3c.log
                publicserver=never
                banfile=sc_serv.ban
                ripfile=sc_serv.rip

streamid=1

Sorry, but I do not understand. What source? :-(

Comment

• DrO
                  • Sep 2003

Originally Posted by GeorgeT View Post
                  Sorry, but I do not understand. What source? :-(
                  Originally Posted by GeorgeT View Post
                  So I use Virtual DJ 7 PRO
                  that would be the source you're using. Not one i'm frequented with so i'd have to assume that it's working as a v1 source.

from the config file, it should just require 'f3ntM2Cx' to be set as the password and that should be it. if not, remove the requirestreamconfigs=1 part from the file as that will lessen some of the checks made when a source connects.

-daz

Comment

• dz0ny
                    • Feb 2012

Hi, am using monit to monit shoutcast server service status for client. However when performin http request to stat file I've got error indicating that http response is malformed.
                    HTTP error: Illegal Content-Length response header 'Content-Length:549'
                    Using browser it works just fine(no error there).

Host uses SHOUTcast Server v2.0.0.29/posix(bsd).

monit code
                    check host shoutcast with address stream.xxxxxxxxx.xx
                    if failed url http://stream.xxxxxxxxx.xx:8000/stats?sid=1
                    and content != ".*<STREAMSTATUS>0<\/STREAMSTATUS>.*"
                    timeout 10 seconds for 1 cycles then alert
                    status page xml is(its nonexistent stream for purpose of testing, however it also does't work for proper stream)
                    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?><SHOUTCASTSERVER><CURRENTLISTENERS>0</CURRENTLISTENERS><PEAKLISTENERS>0</PEAKLISTENERS><MAXLISTENERS>60</MAXLISTENERS><UNIQUELISTENERS>0</UNIQUELISTENERS><AVERAGETIME>0</AVERAGETIME><SERVERGENRE></SERVERGENRE><SERVERURL></SERVERURL><SERVERTITLE></SERVERTITLE><SONGTITLE></SONGTITLE><NEXTTITLE></NEXTTITLE><STREAMHITS>0</STREAMHITS><STREAMSTATUS>0</STREAMSTATUS><STREAMPATH>/stream/2/</STREAMPATH><BITRATE>0</BITRATE><CONTENT></CONTENT><VERSION>2.0.0.29 (posix(bsd))</VERSION></SHOUTCASTSERVER>

Comment

• DrO
                      • Sep 2003

never having heard of monit before, i can only assume from what you've posted it doesn't like how things are returned since if it's ok in a browser then it cannot be completely broken. would probably say this is more something to direct towards monit to better advise than here (as it's not something i'm in a position to look into for some time to come).

-daz

Comment

• endrogeri
                        • Feb 2012

segmentation fault when try to connect yp2 server

Hi!

Please help me, I have Segmentation fault at more then 500 user. Last msgs this:

2012-02-24 11:54:05 D msg:[YP2] pvt_update key=1
                        2012-02-24 11:54:05 D msg:[YP2] pvt_update key=2
                        then connect and die:
                        2012-02-24 11:54:05 I msg:[YP2] Connecting to yp.shoutcast.com

I use linux, stable debian version. I can send debug if you need. 64bit version, 1.8 core2duo and 4gb ram.

Comment

• DrO
                          • Sep 2003

all i can direct you at is the suggestions made in point #4 at http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?p=2790357#known (which is the first post of this thread...) and set the maxuser limit to ~500 and run a secondary DNAS instance until the issue is fully investigated and fixed (i.e. when i get the proper time to look into a fix for whatever is going on).

-daz

Comment

• DrO
                            • Sep 2003

as people seem to have a complete issue with reading the log files and / or noticing the error (and warning) messages, i'm considering making the console output like in the attached screenshot (at least for the Windows builds - still need to sort out changes for the non-Windows builds).

my point really is, is this going to really annoy people (since it won't be able to toggled on/off) or is it actually going to make things easier to identify if there is a problem when using console output? since it passed the gf test as she's little knowledge about such things but at least recognised there was an issue even without knowing what things meant.

-daz
                            Attached Files

Comment

• MrSinatra
                              Forum King
                              • Dec 2004

do u mean a wrapper like v1 was? i liked the way i could watch connections in v1.
                              PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
                              --
                              BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
                              Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
                              Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing

Comment

• DrO
                                • Sep 2003

this is just showing the output shown in the Windows console window. i've no plans to bring back a v1 wrapper like the Windows build had. the emphasis now is more on using the web interfaces for the management and viewing of information about what is going on.

not saying there isn't a chance of an external wrapper but as i've not done linux gui programming in years, it's not too high up on things i want to work on since i'd prefer to provide something which is consistent across all platforms as is done with the v2 DNAs in it's console form now.

-daz

Comment

Working...
                                X