Old 5th February 2012, 09:44   #1
lynux

lynx ncurses browser login

Hi there nasty geeks, I work on debian wheezy and using v2.0.0.29, I'd like to login server through a terminal browser like "lynx" but I have this message 401 "Unauthorized" without asking for username & pwd. I used to do so on DNAS v1.9.8 successfully. I can do it with firefox like internet browsers.... Any ideas ?
lynux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2012, 21:37   #2
DrO

what page address on the DNAS server are you trying to access? as you might need to specify the params on the page as per the details at http://wiki.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcas...#Private_Pages

i've a feeling the v1 DNAS did things based on the user-agent and i really don't want to add such things into the v2 DNAS (as i'm trying to find ways to remove the needs for such things especially in the more browser-orientated HTML5 world we seem to be entering now).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2012, 17:47   #3
lynux

... I'm not giving up for now...
Old 6th February 2012, 17:49   #4
DrO

eh? that doesn't really answer my questions about what page, etc you're trying to access as i'm not in a position to try this out myself and i need more details from you to determine if it is a bug or just something that was a hack before and isn't going to came back.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2012, 18:13   #5
lynux

[solved]

I used and other terminal like browser thanks ...this page http://xxx.xxx.x.xx:8000/admin.cgi username & pwd asked
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support

Tags
debian, terminal, unauthorized