Old 16th April 2003, 21:57   #1
Nemessis
Banned

Jesus i feel bad for rm' now.

As some of you may know, a moderators or an administrator’s account was compromised and some alterations were made to the forums and to people’s accounts.

Now without proof that it was even my account that did the damage, they have went and deleted 2 years worth of my posts. Wow, feels great to be a scapegoat.

Their evidence consists of binary hero using my accounts Radioactive Man and More of Me, two gimmick accounts which I have been giving the passwords out to in #******* for months now. Wow. Cool. Circumstantial to say the least.

Jesus, I’m not going to even bother to argue my innocence in this matter. I shouldn’t have to, my pasts behavior should be enough to declare me innocent. And the fact is I really don’t care about my account and posts. I am, however, furious with how little respect and trust I was shown and how quickly I was stabbed in the back by my friends. It’s the principle.

This is fucking bullshit. I have done nothing but worked my ass off through the winamp3 n00bs invasions and every other kind of drama, for nothing more then a shirt, worked my ass off to earn respect from my fellow users and moderators, and just to be shit on like this? I would like to think I have shown myself time and time again to be trust worthy, i have worked hard for Nullsoft and this community from being a moderator to a skin reviewer, to a skinner, to a tech support person. Doesn’t it seem like it’s a bit out of character for me to mess with the forums, to try and destroy what I have worked hard on making appropriate? Come on people, think, when have I ever shown myself to be an asshat and worthy of this betrayal?

some of you may remember when sawg's password was stolen by wolfied, sawg didn’t get demoded (which I am fine with really, I asked to be moved to alumni 2 mths ago in an effort to retire quietly), didn’t get all of his posts deleted, he was treated with the respect he deserved and was given the benefit of the doubt. Don’t I deserve the same? After all the work I’ve done?

FUCKING CHRIST, I tried to retire quietly 2 mths ago, no e/n thread about how much you all suck, no big deal about it, I just stopped posting.

Fuck man, I am really unhappy about this. Its the principle I’m upset about. It’s wonderful to know I earned no respect here, no trust, just a nice knife in the back.

Thanks guys, what a way to make me feel like I’ve wasted years of my life. Really appreciate it. Have fun with the forums, if you guys treat one of your own like this, I feel really badly for the normal members of the forum.
Old 16th April 2003, 22:00   #2
Gonzotek
Gunslinger

You got a shirt!?!

I was away for a while.
But I'm feeling much better now.
Old 16th April 2003, 22:00   #3
ryan
not fucked, not quite.
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to ryan
I respect you nem, even if I have only known you for a few months. (You did help me a few times a year or so ago in tech support )
Old 16th April 2003, 22:01   #4
AngelPHiSH

See what you've turned your forums into? Good going admin and mods! Watching GD eat itself from the inside has been a real blast.

Poor Nem *hugs*

As i lay in my bed. Gazing at the stars. I ponder to myself. Where the hell did my roof go?
Old 16th April 2003, 22:05   #5
ryan
not fucked, not quite.
(Forum King)

I though GD was a great place.. atleast for a few weeks.. Then it turned into a giant cesspool. Everyone is gone, Pixie rarely posts, mia rarely posts, Bluetape left, picaune is banned, oni left, rm is banned and a few others are gone too.

I mean who's next?
Old 16th April 2003, 22:09   #6
ctn|chrisw
Forum King

Thats just sad. Using nem as a scapegoat. come one, nem was a great mod, and you treat him like this? ffs, you people are sad.

Old 16th April 2003, 22:10   #7
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
This is jsut bullshit. plain and simple. And I am pissed.
Old 16th April 2003, 22:14   #8
ryan
not fucked, not quite.
(Forum King)

Quote:
And I am pissed
Agreed.
Old 16th April 2003, 22:15   #9
caz
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to caz
Fuckin bullshit. nem pwnz all joo.

<3 nem

Old 16th April 2003, 22:18   #10
Nemessis
Banned

well, its really good to know that you guys dont think of me as some raving asshat. that makes me feel better.
Old 16th April 2003, 22:19   #11
Orgone_Man
Major Dude

Maybe they are performing some kind of psychological experiment on us all... for some grad students research paper or something..
Old 16th April 2003, 22:22   #12
OutlawJim
Confused
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to OutlawJim Send a message via AIM to OutlawJim Send a message via Yahoo to OutlawJim
this sucks

Nobby:I have ADD.... Germ:No shit, Nobby? Nobody would have ever guessed.
Old 16th April 2003, 22:39   #13
thepyr0x
Major Dude

I'm curious to know what another Mod's opinion on this would be...especially whichever mod it was who decided Nem should have this stuff done to him.

Nem you were a good guy, I saw what u would do in the other forums and I have nothing but respect for you and all the ppl who go in to the tech support forums to help out the noobs...

Old 16th April 2003, 22:41   #14
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

Nem I hope you don't reflect on the majority of us here for the actions of the few. I value and still continue to value your input ot all things Winamp and general. Peace dude.
Old 16th April 2003, 23:46   #15
Flynnz
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Flynnz Send a message via AIM to Flynnz Send a message via Yahoo to Flynnz
drama

Uhmm.. I'm confused.
Nemesis isn't rm, is he?
Old 16th April 2003, 23:50   #16
MetallichicA
Forum Queen

Send a message via AIM to MetallichicA
Shit.

Ditto what Bilbo said. You know I respect you.
Old 16th April 2003, 23:50   #17
Raz
Forum King

No. If he was why would he make the title of the thread "Jesus i feel bad for rm' now."?

Nem i don't know you but i've gathered from the peoples opinions that i do respect that you're worth respecting. It really is shit when someone screws up like this. I hope whoever did this will at least acknowledge and apologize. This just isn't right.

Old 17th April 2003, 00:02   #18
Flynnz
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Flynnz Send a message via AIM to Flynnz Send a message via Yahoo to Flynnz
in response to that ^

Well I didn't think he was.. and that did make it sound kinda weird, but uh.. I haven't been here in so long--I thought maybe RM was using a different nickname now or som'n. Oh well.
Old 17th April 2003, 01:38   #19
Merlin
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
(Forum King)

Quote:
Nem I hope you don't reflect on the majority of us here for the actions of the few. I value and still continue to value your input ot all things Winamp and general. Peace dude.
I have nothing but respect for you Nem.

as he faced the sun, he cast no shadow
Old 17th April 2003, 01:44   #20
RanDom_ErrOr
Banned

Location: The loony bin, just outside of nutsville,USA. I would visit you, but my room is padded and i cant get out...
Send a message via ICQ to RanDom_ErrOr Send a message via AIM to RanDom_ErrOr
when nem says something, people love it, but when i make a post that says the same thing as nem, i get flamed by andrew and chris. fuckin n00bs.

nem, i respect you, and i hope you visit many times on #******* and on pabuk

good day

(im gonna keep posting till i get banned) :P
Old 17th April 2003, 01:44   #21
BeerBaron

Send a message via ICQ to BeerBaron Send a message via AIM to BeerBaron
/me sex0rs nem

Sympathy, prayer... Crew of the space Shuttle Columbia, do i need to say more?
Old 17th April 2003, 01:47   #22
apollos
Forum King

will, go grow my friend
Old 17th April 2003, 01:49   #23
ctn|chrisw
Forum King

You can call us n00bs all u want, but you know you're all being immature about this. All you do is post rm'.txt. Itz getting old, act your age, not your shoe size, and get a life.

Nem: I guess that happens with a forum full of immature asshats. You still rock, and using you as a scapegoat was stupid.

Old 17th April 2003, 01:50   #24
RanDom_ErrOr
Banned

Location: The loony bin, just outside of nutsville,USA. I would visit you, but my room is padded and i cant get out...
Send a message via ICQ to RanDom_ErrOr Send a message via AIM to RanDom_ErrOr
andrew, i do grow, just not myself :P

bb, you get my point
Old 17th April 2003, 02:40   #25
zootm
Forum King

poor nem.

Old 17th April 2003, 02:43   #26
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

No. This is all wrong! It's all terribly wrong
Old 17th April 2003, 02:45   #27
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by DJEgg
feeling guilty for not inviting me to your party?*

*obscure reference to shit joke made in other thread

Old 17th April 2003, 03:02   #28
s1138
Alumni?

Send a message via ICQ to s1138 Send a message via AIM to s1138 Send a message via Yahoo to s1138
bells = good guy...lets all remember that

nem = guy with hot gf...oh, and hes cool too

Old 17th April 2003, 04:00   #29
dirkdeftly
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to dirkdeftly
man...that...is bullshit...not to a member like you, whether you're hated or not, you're one of the biggest contributors to this forum. it's like chopping off bach's left hand >_<

the more i hang around these forums, the more i'm inclined to agree with fsk.
FUCK THE WINAMP STAFF

"guilt is the cause of more disauders
than history's most obscene marorders" --E. E. Cummings
Old 17th April 2003, 07:39   #30
Bizznatch
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Bizznatch
I wonder who was responsible, and who said what, because this is all just a bunch of kentucky fried bullshit. Nem you really are a great guy, the forums need a person like you in times like this where the forums need cheering up, and overall quality posts like you have made in the past. I really hope this all gets sorted out, and even though its probably a longshot, I really hope you dont leave the forums for good.

Other mods of the past were treated with bullshit in one way or another, just look at ElChevelle. And even though he retired and gave up his moderatorship he still posts in the GD area from time to time. I hope someday you do the same. The forums have already lost a great mod, we really dont need to lose a great member.
Old 17th April 2003, 07:48   #31
InvisableMan
Ninja Master!
(Forum King)

WE LUBBERS J00 NEM AND AWAIT YOUR IDLENESS ON ****

i think (remember to remove admin's name for reasons)'s idea to fire a good half the mods who are known to just bullshit around and not help with anything and get nice new hand picked mods (you know who you are who thought of this months ago) who would be happy to work and work and work like theres no tomarrow.
Old 17th April 2003, 07:50   #32
pixiefied
Mother Trucker

Send a message via Yahoo to pixiefied
im not leaving, i just dont post unless my fingers really want to type. i think alot of us "older" members as well as a few others have not been posting because we care to not get into the middle of it.

"Well, got to love you and leave you, need to go get into the shower and rub my hard naked body all over with soapy bubbles, I'll be back later to carry on playing....

It'll take you some time to get over the image of me naked in the shower......mind you don't masturbate to hard thinking about it...."
- Mr.Jones
Old 17th April 2003, 07:58   #33
KelseyB
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to KelseyB Send a message via AIM to KelseyB Send a message via Yahoo to KelseyB
i've stayed out of this for the most part because it didnt really effect me. when shit like this happens, i have to say something, less have my head explode. it may not mean much to you, but of all the people that did and do visit this board, nem, you and bop are the few that i greatly admire and look up to. i've already lost contact with bop on even a semi-regular basis due to his infrequent IRCing, i just hope that i can keep interacting with you on ****.

i mean, jesus... this makes me sound like a girl.

to be perfectly honest, i also respect a lot of the other mods around here, they do a good job at what they have to do. it was said today that a lot of this bull thats going on around here is two-sided, so we users should stage a revolt by being utter fucktards. i happen to dissagree- you're not going to change "the man" by fucking with him, you have to play "the man"'s game. bringing back classy real and sonique bashing threads, talking about the secks of good waffles, and general randomness with quality is what we need now. finding a middle ground where we're not fucking with the morons that decide to come around and threaten us with digital assholes or trying to make a point by getting yourself kicked out when it'll only make you look like a moron is the way.

i only hope that i'm taken seriously. i mean, who the hell am i to say anything, right? this isnt america, we aernt able to voice what we think should happen...
Old 17th April 2003, 11:11   #34
Xerxes
Capitalist Alumni

Send a message via ICQ to Xerxes
Quote:
Originally posted by DJEgg
Ditto.
Old 17th April 2003, 11:18   #35
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

I was hoping to reach my 3rd anniversay in peace. Perhaps i shall celebrate with a bilbo.txt
Old 17th April 2003, 11:19   #36
Rovastar

Send a message via AIM to Rovastar
For the love of God......

"Rules are for the guidance of wisemen and the obedience of fools"

Visuals - Morphyre www.Morphyre.com
Old 17th April 2003, 11:22   #37
ryan
not fucked, not quite.
(Forum King)

"this makes me sound like a girl."

oops
Old 17th April 2003, 12:44   #38
fwgx
Rudolf the Red.
(Forum King)

Arm the members with moderatorship so that the current mods and admins can be overthrown in a revolt!

What? It the same argment that's used far more serious context.

"We think science is interesting and if you disagree, you can fuck off."
Old 17th April 2003, 13:05   #39
Vie
Forum King

Location: Thoron fields and Duranium shadows. Posts: Crap mostly
ow, thats a knife in the back.

Well, you have my respect, and as for some members who are turning this thread into a joke. Well its your choice, but honestly you are proving him right.

Member most in need of SpellCheck Lifetime Achievement Award

I'm a Twitch Streamer these days, it's weird.
Old 17th April 2003, 13:54   #40
Russ
Mostly Harmless
(Alumni)

Nem.

Your mod access was removed as a temporary measure, because we thought it was your account that was compromised. No moderator or admin deleted all your posts, we think that was as a consequence of the security breach.

You still have my utmost respect.

Everything's got fucking out of hand. As I've said numerous times before, if you don't trust the mods, then I don't see why you're posting here. We are not all out to screw you.

*whacked*

For long you live and high you fly, but only if you ride the tide, and balanced on the biggest wave you race towards an early grave.
|Musicbrainz|Audioscrobbler|last.fm|
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions