Old 11th March 2006, 08:26   #1
TheEh

Uhhh...lots of problems.

I've been reading up on a lot of the problems people have been having here since I tried to double-up the iPod Plugin with WinAmp 5.2. Big mistake. Well, it started how lots of people had it here. WinAmp could not copy songs from my iPod. I figured something was wrong, so preparing for the worst, I copied everything that was on my iPod to my hard drive. Later on, my iPod only played songs from one playlist. So I tried changing the files in the iTunes directory like it says in another thread (can't remember what they're called, but you know what I'm talking about). Then, I couldn't use my iPod with WinAmp at all. I tried doing a restore using the iPod Updater, but my computer crashed. So I restarted the computer.

BUT THEN - I plugged in my iPod, and my computer didn't even recognise it as an iPod! I have a 30gb iPod Video. I checked in My Computer, and my iPod drive (I was labelled as "Removable Drive". I tried opening the drive, but it wouldn't let me. I tried once again to restore my iPod, but since my computer wasn't recognising it as one, I got the "iPod couldn't be mounted" message. When I try to turn on my iPod, it flashed the error sign and then turns itself off. So now I'm stuck with an iPod that can't play music, isn't recognised by my computer, and 20gb worth of stuff from my iPod clogging up my computer.

Uhhh...help???
TheEh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2006, 03:47   #2
PillowFighter

Same here

I am in the same boat. I REALLY wish there had been some kind of warning on the website about removing the ipod plugin before installing the new version of Winamp. If there had been such a warning, I would have heeded it. Unfortunately, there WASN'T and I had no idea what Winamp was going to do to my ipod
PillowFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2006, 08:42   #3
TheEh

yeah, but i guess i should have read up on the forums. but come on, just updating winamp, who would think that would completely bugger up the iPod?
Old 21st March 2006, 02:02   #4
TheEh

Bump? Anybody help?
Old 21st March 2006, 02:36   #5
shepard

Sorry, I have read your posts and can't offer any suggestions other than a reformat of the iPod. I am usually hesitant to post replies unless I can help. I find that on all boards, if a request for help has several replies listed, (even just ones by the thread starter), it sometimes gets overlooked by busy folk who assume that because of those replies, the problem has been answered.

I myself did use both the new portable player in 5.2 and ml_iPod together for a few days and had no trouble. I then decided that the new version was not quite ready for prime time and unloaded it. I'll just use ml_iPod again until the new player is more developed. I believe the new player will eventually be superior in every way to ml_iPod, just not yet.
shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2006, 10:02   #6
TheEh

Ok, cheers. At least I have closure now The only way I can reformat it is in My Computer where it shows up as Removable Drive. So I'll try that, and if it doesn't work, I'll try to claim under warranty...somehow...
Old 21st March 2006, 10:09   #7
TheEh

Haha ok. Now my computer won't even recognise it as a Removable Drive. Time to ring up Apple, I guess.
Old 21st March 2006, 12:15   #8
TheEh

I FIXED IT!!!

Remember how it could read as a Removable Drive? I tried to go into it, it told me to format it. As Windows usually asks you to format a new hard drive. I didn't want to before, because I didn't think that would help any. But after everything else failed, I did this. It worked how I expected it to, it turned my iPod into a 30gb hard drive, but nothing more. So this was better than nothing, but I was still slightly disappointed. I disconnected my iPod (it still did the error message and then turned itself off) and plugged it into my laptop in order to use its storage ability to get some music from the lappy to my desktop PC. When I plugged it into my lappy, however, it told me that in order for my iPod (yes, iPod, not removable drive!!) to function properly, it had to do a Restore on it with the iPod Updater. So praying that it wouldn't screw up, I restored it using the updater, and lo and behold, it worked! My iPod is once again a fully working iPod! Lucky I backed everything up.

PillowFighter, try this. Format it the same way you would format a hard drive. Then unplug it, and then plug it in again with an iPod friendly computer (that has the iPod software and updater installed on it). It should automatically ask you to restore. Do so, and hopefully it will work out like it did for me =)
Old 14th April 2006, 05:45   #9
PillowFighter

Yeah, that kind of sounds like what worked for me...I did a lot of other things, but what you're talking about seems to work.
PillowFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp iPod Plugin Discussion