Old 1st December 2015, 16:10   #1
Taino

Hard to contact Tech Support

I have trying for months to obtain support from Winamp, Dj Egg keeps sending me information I cannot use or understand. It will so simple and easy to have phone number for clients to get support. How I find out which version of winamp I have
Taino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2015, 18:10   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

There is no phone number to call. DJ Egg is one of the best sources of official support you can get. This website is mostly for users trying to help other users.

Press the Ctrl + F1 keys when Winamp is the active app to open the "About Winamp" panel. You can also use the Winamp Info Tool (http://koopa.meggamusic.co.uk/infotool/) to get detailed information about your Winamp installation. It can also make an extended report of your configuration (even more details) which is often needed to help determine the source of problems. The tool will put the report in a zip file.

Click on the blue colored text above to go to the website where you can download the Winamp Info Tool.

The Winamp Info Tool is a stand-alone app that does not have to be installed and can be run from any folder on your computer. Some anti-virus apps generate an alert when you try to download and/or run it. That is a false positive response due to how the tool works, the tool is safe to use. You may need to temporarily turn off your anti-virus app, if you can't add the tool's file name to it's exception list and there is no other way to get it to allow the download or execution.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support