Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports

Old 28th January 2005, 00:02   #1
DUNGO

Invisible MP3's! Ripping CD's with a special character as the last character...

Ok, ok.... maybe the wrong place to post this, but I am just getting the hang of this MB, and I will have it all down soon.

Here is the bug: (is it even a bug? hmm...)

If you rip an album with a special character as the last character in the band name, or the album name (and you have the MP3's sorted by band name and album) the CD appears to rip just fine, but it doesn't really go anywhere!

-Winamp will create the appropriate folder, but it will be empty. Winamp will play the songs, but they aren't actually in any folder. I havn't searched around enough to see where they actually are. If you look at the "CD info", the file location is just what it should be, but it isn't really there.

I corrected it by changing the file info on the entire album, and taking the "...'s" off. Then it worked just fine.

The album in question is Simple Plan, "Still Not Getting Any..."

Thanks!
DUNGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2005, 00:05   #2
DUNGO

Oh yeah....

I guess Red Hot Chili Peppers "What Hits?!" worked just fine... maybe its just the dots (...) that are causing problems.... hhmmm....
Old 29th January 2005, 09:05   #3
DUNGO

I'll just *bump* this once, then let it die. I didn't get a reply, and I just wanted to make sure somebody saw. So far I can only reproduce the problem if the periods are at the end of the band name or album name.

I would really like to know if this is a Windows thing, or a Winamp thing. Also, I would like to know where the files I can't find went to... I don't see them anywhere...

Thanks
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports