Old 6th February 2005, 18:23   #1
lmshatraw

Send a message via AIM to lmshatraw
v5.06 xerces-c_2_5_0.dll unable to locate component

I captured a video scene for dancing with SnagIt. When attempting to test play the captured file, before saving it as an asi file, using WinAmp, I get the error--

"Unable to locate component xerces-c_2_5_0.dll".

So I reinstalled WinAmp 5.06 Silver and still get the error.

I can use mpg, wmv, mov type files OK.

Any ideas why I'm getting this error.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg error.jpg (22.8 KB, 255 views)
lmshatraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2005, 18:28   #2
drewbar
Sawg 2.0
Major Dude

Not a Winamp file.
From Google all I can tell it is a open source XML parser.
Remove all third party plug-ins, do a full uninstall and reinstall of 5.08d.

Winamp's normal install does not use that file.

Count with us!
Jan 1st, 12AM (PST, GMT -8) 2010 - 282,246
drewbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2005, 19:11   #3
lmshatraw

I an now downloading the 5.08d Silvertide. But, did you see the jpg error screen I posted with my initial quest for help? It says WinAmp could not launch component. That's why I suspected it was WinAmp.

I will update you after I install the 5.08

THANKS for your help.

Last edited by lmshatraw; 6th February 2005 at 21:08.
Old 6th February 2005, 21:06   #4
lmshatraw

I did NOT get the error when I updated WinAmp to 5.08.

THANKS AGAIN! :-)))
Old 7th May 2005, 06:25   #5
kalkulus

I had the same problem that is "Unable to locate component xerces-c_2_5_0.dll". After I applied the same solution (full uninstall and reinstall) I did not get that error message but I have still a serious problem. I do not have any sound in Winamp. Although the other players can play all files Winamp does not play any file. I can see videos but no sound. The sound segment shows that Winamp plays the file but no sound!

Anyone knows why and a solution?
kalkulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2005, 08:24   #6
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Quote:
Originally posted by kalkulus
I do not have any sound in Winamp. Although the other players can play all files Winamp does not play any file. I can see videos but no sound.
Do you see where I highlighted "any file" and "no sound" in bold where I quoted you above? Based on what you wrote I will assume that you are in fact talking about no sound with all files, including music files as well as videos. In that case you probably have been CONVERTING files using the Nullsoft Disk Writer as your output instead of playing files using waveOut or DirectSound. If the Disk Writer is selected as your output, you will NOT hear any sound and file conversion will instead take place. This is because the output goes to conversion and not to your speakers.

Read more about how to correct that and how to locate and delete all the unwanted/converted WAV files that you most likely now have on your HDD...

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Nunzio390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2005, 00:46   #7
kalkulus

Thanks for your help.But seems that it did not work for me. I preferred DirectSound and tried other options. It's still the same... I also uninstalled DiskWriter plug-in. Nothing changed. As I wrote, the segment works, seems like sound files work but I can't hear sound. It is strange that Winamp3 properly works. I installed Winamp3 in a different directory and it works, no problem. But Winamp5.08 or 5.09 does not work.
kalkulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2006, 11:12   #8
rosco111

Send a message via AIM to rosco111 Send a message via Yahoo to rosco111
I had the same problem with windows reporting that winamp could not start due to xerces-c_2_5_0.dll not being found. After several unsuccessful attempts at fixing the problem by reinstalling winamp, I took a step back and just thought. I knew this file was associated with winamp because upon fixing an earlier corrupt version of winamp, i personally remember deleting this file from the winamp folder in program files as one of the files in uninstall process left behind. I just now figured out that reinstalling the Leo's Lyrics plugin found at http://images.leoslyrics.com/downloa...lugin5V1.3.exe apparently the dll file is associated with this winamp plugin. Reinstallation of this plugin fixed the problem on the first attempt.
rosco111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2006, 11:15   #9
rosco111

Send a message via AIM to rosco111 Send a message via Yahoo to rosco111
xerces-c_2_5_0.dll not found update!!!

Here is an update to the problem of xerces-c_2_5_0.dll not being found. This file was found to be associated with the Leo's Lyrics plugin found at http://images.leoslyrics.com/downloa...lugin5V1.3.exe . Reinstallation of this plugin fixed the problem on the first attempt where reinstallation of winamp failed about at least ten attempts.
rosco111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support